Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2078975 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (1318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 8:41am On Aug 02, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

See how you are talking as if u are a trader. If the government asks you to pay 20k as tax every month, won't you faint?
This is not Imo state page in case you are lost.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

You just have to believe him. I am also current on matters affecting Igbo land ( Imo and Anambra especially ) even though I don't live in the SE and I am not from any state in the SE.

and u answer nnamdi Jonathan....anyway make I term am nairaland moniker...anybody can answer any name.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 10:47am On Aug 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I don't believe you , one bit!

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Didn't think you would! wink

If you know about Ndoni and its closeness to Onitsha, you just may start to believe! The parents and grandparents of most Ndonians were born, schooled and brought up in Onitsha. One of the richest men in Ndoni, Senator V.I Odili (who owns Brawal Shipping and who kindly gave me my first job) grew up in Onitsha, ditto ex-governor Odili (no relation of the Senator) and many others! Governor Odili attended CKC Onitsha and is also a Lion! smiley

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2018
bestviewer:
The guy Xander is IGBOSON. He is from Rivers-Igbo the part that is next to Ogbaru but grew up in Onitsha. I think he attended DMGS or CKC. He is more inclined to the SE just like Cjrane who is Delta-Igbo, maybe because of their nearness.

Spot on bros!

Just wondering how you knew i was IGBOSON! undecided
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2018
NonsoWow:
You are very correct. And to add, you shouldn't take that ghostface clown who is fuming that traders pay ten thousand naira in mgbuka serious. Even on a very bad day, a trader in mgbuka won't make less than 100k a day! Yet one clown is saying that a tax of 10k a year or even a month is too much! Our people don't like paying tax and they expect to have their roads paved in gold. On the average, no trader in the big markets should be paying less than 20k a month consolidated tax to the anambra government if we want to have improved infrastructure.
afonja as usual. We know who u are? U are an impostor. Face the south west
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:13am On Aug 02, 2018
NonsoWow:
this is not yoruba page impostor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Let me brief u......he speaks igbo well is coz he grew up in anambra state.....not that he is igbo or related to igbo.....that is the simple fact....

I have met Ndoni people even the younger generation....of late last year in owerri I met another...he called his name and I asked u must be igbo.....he said NO....he is not igbo but Niger delta.....

So every argument I do have is coz of facts I have not people on nairaland claiming Igbo.

You're right on the bolded. There are some (like a cousin of mine) who claim not to be Igbo. I suppose it's all down to where you spent your formative years.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2018
We run NL, so we know everyone on this forum even if the person has 100 usernames. Welcome bro.

Xander85:

Spot on bros!

Just wondering how you knew i was IGBOSON! undecided
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:39am On Aug 02, 2018
Xander85:

You're right on the bolded. There are some (like a cousin of mine) who claim not to be Igbo. I suppose it's all down to where you spent your formative years.
Xander. Julius is not igbo. U can go through his posts and see for urself. Take whatever he tells you at ur own peril

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2018
Xander85:

ur cousin? Y is he denying?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
ur cousin? Y is he denying?

They were born abroad and their family settled in Lagos when they returned to Nigeria. My cousins grew up in Lagos.

There's mainly two reasons for this denial of being Igbo: it's either due to ignorance borne out of hardly ever having any links with Alaigbo, as in the case of my cousin and many other Ndonians born in Port Harcourt who grew up and did all their schooling there, and who as a consequence have lost that link with Onitsha/Alaigbo that their parents had; or out of pure greed and selfish interest! It's the latter ones you need to avoid as they can sell even their mama if it would help further their interests! shocked

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
Juliusmalema:

and u answer nnamdi Jonathan....anyway make I term am nairaland moniker...anybody can answer any name.

so only southeasterners bear Igbo names?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
NonsoWow:

just answer the question and stop talking nonsense. You are asking the Anambra state gov't to ask traders to pay 20k monthly as if you don't know how hard Nigeria is at this time. By the way, how much tax do you even pay monthly to the state government?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
Xander85:

They were born abroad and their family settled in Lagos when they returned to Nigeria. My cousins grew up in Lagos.

There's mainly two reasons for this denial of being Igbo: it's either due to ignorance borne out of hardly ever having any links with Alaigbo, as in the case of my cousin and many other Ndonians born in Port Harcourt who grew up and did all their schooling there, and who as a consequence have lost that link with Onitsha/Alaigbo that their parents had; or out of pure greed and selfish interest! It's the latter ones you need to avoid as they can sell even their mama if it would help further their interests! shocked
kk
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

just answer the question and stop talking nonsense. You are asking the Anambra state gov't to ask traders to pay 20k monthly as if you don't know how hard Nigeria is at this time. By the way, how much tax do you even pay monthly to the state government?
leave the afonja man alone. Nah dem way
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2018
Xander85:

Ok....noted....dont feel am attacking u but I do that with many facts I have and gathered.............

If the younger generations deny being.....There is no reason...u trying to claim...which u know with their denial will delay biafra struggle coz their voice is in majority.....that's my simple point.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
follow us like our page IGBO AMAKA OLUKA BM

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
pls like our page and pls helped us contributed good and true pictures.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
like our page

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
Mrs Osibanjo, Alhassan in Awka for Women's Summit.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
Xander85:

I dont have any problem with people saying they are not Igbo but its the deep rooted hatred with which they resent Igbos. It is as if Igbos had committed genocide against them. Its scary as ffuuck!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ghostfacekillar(m): 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I dont have any problem with people saying they are not Igbo but its the deep rooted hatred with which they resent Igbos. It is as if Igbos had committed genocide against them. Its scary as ffuuck!
don't mind them but they will sharply claim igbo the name they resent soo much to get one position or the other. Is it not cowardice?. If they believe they are not igbo y don't they start tagging themselves igbo when the things bcome good and despise it if things turns bad. Some of this people who commits heinous crime might be from this "we are not igbo" faction but as soon as they are caught. They turn igbo overnight

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Like Rochas or HATE HIM HE WONT DO THIS KINDA HORRIBLE PROJECT EVERY ANAMBRA GOVERNORS ARE NOTORIOUS FOR.

Rochas will definitely move the fences back and expand every road within the vicinity, believe it or dont. Imagine building an edifice on a foopath, for how long will Anambra people cry for dualized roads in their major cities, phoolish people

Obiano and co are petty sad sad sad sad sad

investnow2013:
The need to expand the DMGS ROUNDABOUT ONITSHA cannot be overemphasied!. The walls of the cathedral and the walls of The Dmgs school needs to be moved back!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Stnomso: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
Professionals task Gov. Obiano on completion of Anambra Airport project

Joe Chukindi Joe Chukindi
44 mins ago

The Association of Professional Bodies in Nigeria (APBN), Anambra State chapter, has charged the state governor, Chief Willie Obiano, to brace up and ensure timely completion of the Anambra Cargo Airport at Umuleri, Anambra East local government area.

The group expressed worry over the slow pace of work or near-absence of work on the project after the hope of the citizens of the state was raised by the governor through its flag-off.

Chairman of the body, Dr. Akaolisa Ezeagu, who stated this on Friday in Awka, regretted that the speed at which the project started had dropped significantly, urging the government not to play politics with the project.

He said the body did not believe that the project was used to score political points, in view of its enormous economic significance to the state.

“Yes, infrastructure has severally been used by politicians to bargain for power. But the concept of the international cargo airport and the way the state government went about it, initially indicated professionalism.

“If the state would have the airport, being one of the states with the highest commercial activities, it’s going to boast trade in the state.

“The concept of the project is where aircrafts are going to be refuelled and others which would be the first in the Sub-saharan Africa. There will be enough dividends derivables from the project. So it’s not something government will play politics with at all,” he insisted.

Describing the airport as a key developmental project which would sustain the state’s economy for a long time, the chairman urged the government to see to its actualization before its expiration.

He said, “As professionals, we know the cost implications of the project. It’s a huge capital intensive project which will be impossible for the state to carry out single-handedly.

“That’s why it should review the Public Private Partnership policy, because if it is monolistic PPP policy, the financial capability of the company may be dwindling for that moment. The project need to be segmented with aggregated PPP in order to actualize the dream at record time.”

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
Obiano is really doing very well.
I must give him kudos.

Wish other governors should stop flying to Abuja and concentrate on their tech and human development. That will make Abuja to adjust on its own through the invisible hand( heehehee, i passed my eco 102 wella grin)

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Who cares? As long as you know who you are nobody can tell you nonsense about not being Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2018
New Yams Hit Anambra Markets, Crash Prices
04 AUGUST 2018

New yams have started to appear in various Markets across Anambra State.

Yam which is one of the most revered farm produce in Igbo land is the most popular among the new farm crops .
Correspondent Ngozi Obileri who visited the Marine Market at Otuocha in Anambra East Local Government Area, where these yams are sold in large quantities reports that the Ikpele Mmili axis of the Market witnessed presence of new yams brought by the farmers from the Riverine communities in both Anambra East and West Local Government Areas.

Because new yams mature during the holidays, school children were seen doing brisk businesses by off loading the yams from the canoe and to the destinations of the buyers .
ABS gathered from the farmers that there is noticeable fall in the cost of yams, as against what it was sold the previous year.
Speaking on the development, the chairman of Otuocha Modern Market, Mr Udenze Ofordile said that there is bountiful harvest this year because the weather was friendly as well as the repositioning of the Agricultural sector by Governor Willie Obiano who he said has rekindled the interest of many in the sector.
The Chairman Yam Dealers Association of the market , Mr Obalim Mmadubueze told the ABS that the prices will still come down starting from the end of this month to September.

On her part, a yam dealer, Mrs Onyeka Nwafor said that even the poor can afford to eat yam this season because according to her, a sizeable tuber of yam now sells for three hundred and four hundred naira as against seven hundred naira it was sold the previous year.
Meanwhile, prices of sweet potato have also reduced drastically.
ABS also saw bags of groundnut, cocoa yams, fresh pepper and others

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:49am On Aug 04, 2018
Onitsha Monarch Urges Ndigbo To Embrace Think Home Philosophy
04 AUGUST 2018

The Chairman Anambra State Traditional Rulers' Council and Traditional Ruler of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe has charged Ndigbo to always put the interest of their fatherland above every other consideration .
He gave the charge at the third Annual Leadership Lecture and Award Series of Anambra Irish Professionals Association, in Awka.

Igwe Achebe who presented a lecture on the concept of "Think Home Philosphy and leadership," highlighted the substantial number of projects belonging to Ndi Igbo in Lagos and other parts of the country, but with little or no presence in their region.

Speaking on the concept of restructuring, Igwe Achebe called on Ndi Igbo, especially South-East Governors, the Ohaneze Ndigbo to be more proactive and imbibe the spirit of unity rather than individualistic competitiveness in advancing the Igbo agenda .

The Chairman of the Association, Sir Paul Uzo who stated that they came from various professional backgrounds, noted that they were committed towards embarking on specific projects that will help grow the economy of the State, in line with Governor Willie Obiano's Aku Luo Uno Call.

Sir Paul, expressed satisfaction with the success of this year's edition of the mission, having administered free medical services to over four hundred and eighty people in the hinterlands, as well as training over one hundred youths on Information Communication Technology, in different parts of the State.

Giving an overview about the Association, Dr Ikemefuna Obiozor, said that though the Association is mainly for Ndi Anambra, they propose to commence AIPA Foundation, opening it up for other people to join the support drive.

Award presentations to the Member representing Anambra Central in the National Assembly, Senator Victor Umeh, and former Governor Dame Virgy Etiaba, among others were the highlights of the event.

The Anambra Irish Professionals Association comprises professionals of Anambra extraction, based in Ireland, who are in the State for a weeklong development oriented projects, through, ICT training, Medical Mission and the lecture series.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
New Yams Hit Anambra Markets, Crash Prices
04 AUGUST 2018

New yams have started to appear in various Markets across Anambra State.

Yam which is one of the most revered farm produce in Igbo land is the most popular among the new farm crops .
Correspondent Ngozi Obileri who visited the Marine Market at Otuocha in Anambra East Local Government Area, where these yams are sold in large quantities reports that the Ikpele Mmili axis of the Market witnessed presence of new yams brought by the farmers from the Riverine communities in both Anambra East and West Local Government Areas.

Because new yams mature during the holidays, school children were seen doing brisk businesses by off loading the yams from the canoe and to the destinations of the buyers .
ABS gathered from the farmers that there is noticeable fall in the cost of yams, as against what it was sold the previous year.
Speaking on the development, the chairman of Otuocha Modern Market, Mr Udenze Ofordile said that there is bountiful harvest this year because the weather was friendly as well as the repositioning of the Agricultural sector by Governor Willie Obiano who he said has rekindled the interest of many in the sector.
The Chairman Yam Dealers Association of the market , Mr Obalim Mmadubueze told the ABS that the prices will still come down starting from the end of this month to September.

On her part, a yam dealer, Mrs Onyeka Nwafor said that even the poor can afford to eat yam this season because according to her, a sizeable tuber of yam now sells for three hundred and four hundred naira as against seven hundred naira it was sold the previous year.
Meanwhile, prices of sweet potato have also reduced drastically.
ABS also saw bags of groundnut, cocoa yams, fresh pepper and others

Imagine a small state like Anambra making big progress in Agriculture, this is why it is up to Ndigbo to replicate Obiano in all Igbo states for the general development of Igbo land. It was also good to know that Anambra state contributed to the total number of yams Nigeria exported to UK last year. Obiano and NdiAnambra must continue to grow the Agricultural sector of Igbo land so that we will be self sufficient in most of our staple foods and let haters know that we can make judicious use of our small landmass to our own benefit and development.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Imagine a small state like Anambra making big progress in Agriculture, this is why it is up to Ndigbo to replicate Obiano in all Igbo states for the general development of Igbo land. It was also good to know that Anambra state contributed to the total number of yams Nigeria exported to UK last year. Obiano and NdiAnambra must continue to grow the Agricultural sector of Igbo land so that we will be self sufficient in most of our stable foods and let haters know that we can make judicious use of our small landmass to our own benefit and development.
yes ndi Anambra is progressing God bless Anambra state haters should go and hang there self .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
The tech community in Onitsha got larger as the StartUp Anambra team in collaboration with Onitsha Social Media Connect organised a Pre-conference ahead of the 2nd edition of StartUp.

Photo credit: Henry Ofido

#ThisIsNewOnitsha
#StartUpAnambra
#OnitshaSocialMedia

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (1318) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: oloyesaso(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.