Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2063025 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anambra people and SE in general should not be left out in this new job openings at the multinational Anheuser-Busch InBev in the city of Onitsha.

SABMiller Plc was a multinational brewing and beverage company headquartered in Woking, England on the outskirts of London until 10 October 2016 when it was acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev. Prior to that date, it was the world’s second-largest brewer measured by revenues (after Anheuser-Busch InBev) and was also a major bottler of Coca-Cola.Its brands included Fosters, Miller, and Pilsner Urquell.

SABMiller operates in 80 countries worldwide and in 2009 sold around 21 billion litres of beverages. SABMiller Procurement sources an extensive range of materials and services. This includes brewing materials, packaging, capital equipment, marketing materials and business services.

SABMiller is recruiting for below positions:

1. Quality Control Manager (River)
Click Here to View Job Details

2. Packaging Manager (Port Harcourt)

3. Checker (Anambra)

4. Safety Facilitator – Logistics (Port Harcourt)

5. Warehouse Supervisor - 1 (Port Harcourt)

6. Brewing Process Operator (Port Harcourt)

7. Environment Manager (Port Harcourt)

8. Warehouse Supervisor - 2 (Port Harcourt)

9. High End Operations & PMO Manager, West Africa (Lagos)

10. Van Sales Man (Lagos)

11. Sales Representative (Lagos)

12. Logistic Officer (Port Harcourt)

13. Packaging Unit Manager (Port Harcourt)

14. Local Category Manager (Lagos)

15. Shift Technician – Electrical (Lagos)

16. Sales Manager (Anambra)

17. Quality Controller (Port Harcourt)

https://sabmiller.mcidirecthire.com/External/CurrentOpportunities?Ref=U291cmNlPQ==

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
investnow2013:
The tech community in Onitsha got larger as the StartUp Anambra team in collaboration with Onitsha Social Media Connect organised a Pre-conference ahead of the 2nd edition of StartUp.

Photo credit: Henry Ofido

#ThisIsNewOnitsha
#StartUpAnambra
#OnitshaSocialMedia

Oh my God, I am loving this.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
horsepower101:

Oh my God, I am loving this.

Its not only u that is loving it. It is just too wonderful to see IT grow in Igboland

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Its not only u that is loving it. It is just too wonderful to see IT grow in Igboland

So here is what I think might happen soon with Onitsha tech industry. They will end up becoming the dominant electronic Hardware hub in Nigeria while Lagos will continue to dominate in a electronic Software.

Onitsha could easily become what the city Shenzhen is to China.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
#WillieKeepsWorking

The Awkuzu SARs - Achalla Agu, Nteje -Nando Road and bridge have been completed.

This was in keeping with the Gov. Willie Obiano' s promise of ashpalting/completing about 40 roads and bridges before heavy rains.

The project was handled 100% by Onye Anambra, New Idea Construction Company.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by donratcock: 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
#WillieKeepsWorking

The Awkuzu SARs - Achalla Agu, Nteje -Nando Road and bridge have been completed.

This was in keeping with the Gov. Willie Obiano' s promise of ashpalting/completing about 40 roads and bridges before heavy rains.

The project was handled 100% by Onye Anambra, New Idea Construction Company.
I lost interest when you said that the road was done by a local contractor. It will take a miracle if that road lasts for 1 year.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
donratcock:

I lost interest when you said that the road was done by a local contractor. It will take a miracle if that road lasts for 1 year.

I disagree with you. We loose trillions of Naira every year hiring foreign contractors and ignoring our local contractors. I am sick of seeing middle eastern, indian, white or Chinese contractors doing very basic road constructions.

A Chinese man came to Ghana with no basic civil engineering experience but today, he is a multimillionare because he was given so many road contracts. He came and saw the opportunity and bided for so many road contracts and stupid black Africans who don't trust their own gave it to him.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
The college girls all of Regina Pacis Secondary School, Onitsha, have arrived America ahead of the World Pitch Academic Competition holden in San Francisco, USA.

Onitsha to the world
ONITSHA SCHOOL CHILDREN TO REPRESENT NIGERIA, AFRICA IN 2018 WORLD PITCH COMPETION IN U.S.A.

These are the six students of Regina Pacis Secondary School, Onitsha for a U.S., trip to represent Nigeria and Africa at the World Pitch Competition in San Francisco, U.S.A.

~ Adaeze Onuigbo, ~ Miracle Igboka, ~ Nwabuaku Osai, ~ Promise Nnalue, ~ Jessica Osita and ~ Vivian Okoye.

The competition will provide them opportunity to win between $5,000 and $15,000 in scholarships to pursue further studies in Science Technology, Engineering Education (STEM).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anambra State Deputy Governor met them shortly before they left Onitsha to America few days ago.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
horsepower101:

I disagree with you. We loose trillions of Naira every year hiring foreign contractors and ignoring our local contractors. I am sick of seeing middle eastern, indian, white or Chinese contractors doing very basic road constructions.

A Chinese man came to Ghana with no basic civil engineering experience but today, he is a multimillionare because he was given so many road contracts. He came and saw the opportunity and bided for so many road contracts and stupid black Africans who don't trust their own gave it to him.

Part of the reason we have been begging our people to stop cutting corners and take pride in promoting their name as a mark of QUALITY is because of stuff like this. I am glad that INNOSON has been taking steps to make his vehicles meet or surpass quality of imported vehicles. In time, the name IVM will stand out as a mark of quality automobile. Aba and Onitsha made shoes and products should have at least some companies doing quality products. This will make people who are prepared to pay for quality to look out for those brand names. I was elated when an electrician told me to buy cutix cable (Made in Nigeria) than the fake made in China which had flooded the market.

We truly bleed billions of dollars and jobs each year by awarding road contracts to foreign firms.

The reason for this is that our people never believe in doing quality job and have their company known as a quality brand name. So everyone is afraid of any bridge or road constructed by a Nigerian company. I wish our local construction companies will take quality seriously. It is a tragedy that due to constant low quality of work from local construction companies, our rulers now prefer foreign construction companies to tar even inner streets and do culverts and gutters.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
Cjrane2:

Part of the reason we have been begging our people to stop cutting corners and take pride in promoting their name as a mark of QUALITY is because of stuff like this. I am glad that INNOSON has been taking steps to make his vehicles meet or surpass quality of imported vehicles. In time, the name IVM will stand out as a mark of quality automobile. Aba and Onitsha made shoes and products should have at least some companies doing quality products. This will make people who are prepared to pay for quality to look out for those brand names. I was elated when an electrician told me to buy cutix cable (Made in Nigeria) than the fake made in China which had flooded the market.

We truly bleed billions of dollars and jobs each year by awarding road contracts to foreign firms.

The reason for this is that our people never believe in doing quality job and have their company known as a quality brand name. So everyone is afraid of any bridge or road constructed by a Nigerian company. I wish our local construction companies will take quality seriously. It is a tragedy that due to constant low quality of work from local construction companies, our rulers now prefer foreign construction companies to tar even inner streets and do culverts and gutters.

I agree and yes a lot of local companies cut corners but not all. The biggest problem that I have is the lack of transparent bidding in the process. Majority of the time, they just shut out local contractors and automatically assign it to a foreign contractor. The Bidding process is there for a reason. It helps to weed out shabby contractors from the good ones. Unless there is no good Igbo construction company in the whole of Nigeria? Mbanu I refuse to believe that nonsense.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
Cjrane2:

We are yet to provide leaders that will encourage, challenge and inspire our local engineers to unleash their talents. Like the guy who quoted you rightly put it kills me to see these crappy Asian engineers come to our country and milk us while delivering all types of shabby projects , use our women as sex tools and abuse our poor citizens...It makes my soul bleed. We must upgrade our schools thats where it starts. Give the local engineer the jobs and even if they didnt do a good job dont discard them rather encourage them and instill confidence in them. Ebe onye bi ka ona awachi.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Cjrane2:

Another angle to this we're forgetting is the role of the state ministry of works. Aren't they supposed to have a quality monitoring/control unit in the ministry staffed by experienced and qualified personnel? My guess is that wherever you see a shoddy construction job done (in any state of this country for that matter) that fails after a few weeks or months, then better believe there's a compromised state gov't official that can be linked to the job!

After the washing away of the gutters and road on Mgbemena street a week or so ago, the first person the Governor should have issued a query to was the commissioner for works, who in turn would ask questions of the quality and control unit of his ministry!

It seems we're caught between a rock and a hard place with this issue of local or foreign contractors. If we award the contract to a tried and tested coy like Julius Berger (that's if we have the money to afford them), they would do a quality world-class job that would last for years and improve the ambience of the state (like Uyo for instance), however this would lead to capital flight. On the other hand, if we award the contract to a local coy still learning the ropes, the money would remain in the state, but we would have a situation similar to what we saw with Mgbemena street; a case of penny-wise-pound-foolish, where we would have to come back to the same project a few weeks later to do it all over again...possibly with the attendant loss of lives and property!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Xander85:

Another angle to this we're forgetting is the role of the state ministry of works. Aren't they supposed to have a quality monitoring/control unit in the ministry staffed by experienced and qualified personnel? My guess is that wherever you see a shoddy construction job done (in any state of this country for that matter) that fails after a few weeks or months, then better believe there's a compromised state gov't official that can be linked to the job!

After the washing away of the gutters and road on Mgbemena street a week or so ago, the first person the Governor should have issued a query to was the commissioner for works, who in turn would ask questions of the quality and control unit of his ministry!

It seems we're caught between a rock and a hard place with this issue of local or foreign contractors. If we award the contract to a tried and tested coy like Julius Berger (that's if we have the money to afford them), they would do a quality world-class job that would last for years and improve the ambience of the state (like Uyo for instance), however this would lead to capital flight. On the other hand, if we award the contract to a local coy still learning the ropes, the money would remain in the state, but we would have a situation similar to what we saw with Mgbemena street; a case of penny-wise-pound-foolish, where we would have to come back to the same project a few weeks later to do it all again...possibly with the attendant loss of lives and property!

To my understanding, I think that road was still under construction. It wasn't a completed road. They were dumb not to finish the construction before the heavy rainy season started.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
horsepower101:

To my understanding, I think that road was still under construction. It wasn't a completed road. They were dumb not to finish the construction before the heavy rainy season started.

This is what we're saying. A qualified and reputable construction coy would have had at the back of their mind they were working in the rainy season and planned for it accordingly, so the rains don't come and wash away all their effort.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 12:02am On Aug 07, 2018
A commendable job done by a son of Ekwulobia. He constructed some of the inner roads of Ekwulobia, and the place is looking like a small London now.

One thing i noticed which the state gov't needs to look into is this penchant for greedy landlords to build their perimeter walls almost on top of the roads, leaving little or no room for pedestrians to walk or future road widening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-q_38oTDBk

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 12:02am On Aug 07, 2018
Xander85:

This is what we're saying. A qualified and reputable construction coy would have had at the back of their mind they were working in the rainy season and planned for it accordingly, so the rains don't come and wash away all their effort.

I agree but I think that road was being done by a foreign contractor and not a local one. ANSMEDIA should confirm that information with us.

Also GLOBAL WARMING is REAL. We are going to start experiencing more heavier rains and rising sea levels. This a a global phenomenon.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:20am On Aug 07, 2018
A Nigerian student Anthony Ekwensi who took part in the 17th Chinese Bridge Chinese Language Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students, has been crowned the African champion.

Though a Russian student Ruslan was the overall winner at the event which paraded 152 students from 118 countries, the 21-year old Anambra-born Nigerian, who came fourth in the final competition, made it to the last round of the championship with four other contestants who were also crowned champion of their respective continents.

The other winners were Theodore Joseph from Australia who came second, Guan Huimin from Indonesia, who took the third position and John Gardner from the United States, who placed fifth.

NAN reported that the grand finale of the competition took place on August 4 in Changsha, Hunan Province. In an interview with the News platform correspondent, the Nigerian student who is a final year student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka, Anambra State, said he looked forward to returning to China to pursue a post-graduate programme.

‘‘I went into the competition because I knew there was an opportunity to do something great, and also I wanted an opportunity to visit the country I’ve always dreamed of going.

‘‘My next plan now is to graduate successfully from UNIZIK and then come back to China for masters. I dedicate my award to God,’’ the final year student of Education Management and Policy said.

Before the competition, Ekwensi learnt Chinese language in Nigeria for two years at the Confucius Institute, UNIZIK, Awka. According to the organisers, the final competition consisted of three parts and tested the finalists’ language skills and all-around abilities, including their knowledge of Chinese culture, history, traditions and communication, as well as their singing and acting skills. All five winners of the language competition, have been offered full scholarships by the Confucius Institute.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 07, 2018
Xander85:
A commendable job done by a son of Ekwulobia. He constructed some of the inner roads of Ekwulobia, and the place is looking like a small London now.

One thing i noticed which the state gov't needs to look into is this penchant for greedy landlords to build their perimeter walls almost on top of the roads, leaving little or no room for pedestrians to walk or future road widening.

That's the reason why I like the Lagos state government, they will not hesitate to knock down any fence too close to the road when they want to construct gutters or cover gutters or plant trees.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2018
horsepower101:

I agree but I think that road was being done by a foreign contractor and not a local one. ANSMEDIA should confirm that information with us.

Also GLOBAL WARMING is REAL. We are going to start experiencing more heavier rains and rising sea levels. This a a global phenomenon.

The contractor is a local contractor, he was interviewed by Channels TV on that Mgbemena road last week when the rain destroyed the road. Even the commissioner for work in Anambra was also interviewed and he said work has resumed there already.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
Anambra people and SE in general should not be left out in this new job openings at the multinational Anheuser-Busch InBev in the city of Onitsha.

Job job job
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
A Nigerian student Anthony Ekwensi who took part in the 17th Chinese Bridge Chinese Language Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students, has been crowned the African champion.

Though a Russian student Ruslan was the overall winner at the event which paraded 152 students from 118 countries, the 21-year old Anambra-born Nigerian, who came fourth in the final competition, made it to the last round of the championship with four other contestants who were also crowned champion of their respective continents.

The other winners were Theodore Joseph from Australia who came second, Guan Huimin from Indonesia, who took the third position and John Gardner from the United States, who placed fifth.

NAN reported that the grand finale of the competition took place on August 4 in Changsha, Hunan Province. In an interview with the News platform correspondent, the Nigerian student who is a final year student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka, Anambra State, said he looked forward to returning to China to pursue a post-graduate programme.

‘‘I went into the competition because I knew there was an opportunity to do something great, and also I wanted an opportunity to visit the country I’ve always dreamed of going.

‘‘My next plan now is to graduate successfully from UNIZIK and then come back to China for masters. I dedicate my award to God,’’ the final year student of Education Management and Policy said.

Before the competition, Ekwensi learnt Chinese language in Nigeria for two years at the Confucius Institute, UNIZIK, Awka. According to the organisers, the final competition consisted of three parts and tested the finalists’ language skills and all-around abilities, including their knowledge of Chinese culture, history, traditions and communication, as well as their singing and acting skills. All five winners of the language competition, have been offered full scholarships by the Confucius Institute.

This is amazing. Keep it up UNIZIK

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2018
Xander85:

The state physical planning boards are generally full of crooks. Every road has a width and a setback for public utilities like drainage, electricity, water pipes. But Ansppb collect money and approve anything. The proper thing to do is pull out files and prosecute all past and present staff responsible for approving buildings sited on right of way. Then I would demolish those buildings because the developer and surveyor should know the law.

But can they do things right or will we permanently be slaves to a very corrupt stupid mentality? You already have barrow hawkers back in business causing chaos on roads across the state because.of corrupt ATMA and OCHA brigade. You have commercial roads that lack parking lanes, dustbins dumped on streets in the name of waste collection.

Other people are building machines, exploring artificial intelligence and self driving cars, in Anambra people are selling out of wheelbarrows and in the gutter and dumping bags of refuse on the street.Tomorrow they will be pounding their chests about progress.

What a zoo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 10:59am On Aug 07, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

That's the reason why I like the Lagos state government, they will not hesitate to knock down any fence too close to the road when they want to construct gutters or cover gutters or plant trees.
Anambra and tiny roads and streets are like 5.& 6

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2018
Ttipsy:
IMO STATE and tiny dirty dilapidated roads and streets are like 5.& 6

I think Imo state is cursed. That's why

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ttipsy:
Anambra and tiny roads and streets are like 5.& 6

There are many streets like that in London and they are very beautiful with underground drainage, walkways, beautiful and well painted houses at road sides so, don't lose hope yet, those tiny roads in Anambra can be made extremely beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

There are many streets like that in London and they are very beautiful with underground drainage, walkways, beautiful and well painted houses at road sides so, don't lose hope yet, those tiny dirty dilapidated roads in IMO STATE can be made extremely beautiful.

Imo state will get it right with APGA taking over next year.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

There are many streets like that in London and they are very beautiful with underground drainage, walkways, beautiful and well painted houses at road sides so, don't lose hope yet, those tiny roads in Anambra can be made extremely beautiful.
Alot bcus pple build and fence houses without acknowledging the fact that there's need for expanded roads & streets.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
bestviewer:

I think Imo state is cursed. That's why
why do you guys throw insults as if your gaining something from it. Imo state has wider roads and streets, oya kill yourself!!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
Useless idiot but you are never worried about the dilapidated dungeon apiam way you lots call roads in IMO STATE

Ttipsy:
Alot bcus pple build and fence houses without acknowledging the fact that there's need for expanded roads & streets.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
Bastard go and face your backward Imo state. Why can't you useless Imolites face your worthless and useless state for once. Is this below picture also what you lots call roads in Imo state? Imagine idiots that hardly have motorable roads are here yapping rubbish whereas Anambra has the best road networks in the SE. Ndi iberibe

[s]
Ttipsy:
why do you guys throw insults as if your gaining something from it. Imo state has tinier roads and streets, oya kill yourself!!
[/s]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: XjAbidugunPr and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.