Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,951 members, 7,828,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2083888 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (1320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 4:31am On Nov 28, 2023
Unbiased1:

How do you explain that the governor of Enugu built an oil farm in Ogun state when the only oil farm in Enugu (and the east in general) is not functioning? The issue with Geometric Power had to do with both electricity generation and transmission. The federal government has provided the license for states and other independent contractors to build power plants. What is stopping those in Igboland from building their own? Egbin Powerplant in Lagos is indigenous, there is another indigenous power plant in Ogun. These are just private Powerplants excluding those built by the governments of Ogun and Lagos. In the East, we don't have state owned neither do we have private owned and you are blaming the Federal Government? I beg to defer from what you said about the Federal Government being the main thing hindering our progress, we Ndigbo are our own problems. If the Federal Government could not stop Anambra from building an International Airport, why do you think they will stop Anambra from building a power plant? If Anambra can budget billions to build an Airport, why can't Anambra budget billions to build, at least, a 100mw power plant? What is stopping that daft Imo state from doing same? With all the natural gas we have? Disgrace.

Egbin was built by the FGN, Omotosho and Papalanto power plants in Ogun was built by the FGN with Chinese loan.

Geometric was the first attempt at a private power station and was blocked by Emeka Offor who claimed that when he bought 40% of EEDC, Aba was included despite an earlier agreement between FGN and Geometric.

I think what ails the SE is industrial development. Industry traps capital and creates massive job opportunities. Innoson motors alone generates 10-30 billion in Nnewi. If Nnewi had just 50 companies of that size it would be a massive economy. All the cash generated would fuel retail, housing, schools, etc. There is a reason China looks like USA.

Industry should be Anambras priority and they should learn from the Ethiopians of how to go about it through industrial layout designed and funded by the Chinese.
https://www.oceansking.com/product/88.html

Anambra should have industrial parks for textiles and garments, electrical components, auto parts and integrated circuits.

The vision should be 200 companies providing 100,000 jobs. It would massively boost the state.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wiseoneking: 6:35am On Nov 28, 2023
Pacesetterz:

I'm of the opinion that Awka should be merged into Enugu state...nothing good comes out of that town. Only cultism. Always giving Anambra negative PR.
You dirty soul, what rubbish are you writing up and down. You are good at causing division. Nobody cares the state you are from but you should stop writing nonsense. You said nothing good come from Awka. mention at least two places you feel that something host comes from, be it in the SE or any other state. Uchu?

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kindlyheart: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2023
abuzz33:

Egbin was built by the FGN, Omotosho and Papalanto power plants in Ogun was built by the FGN with Chinese loan.

Geometric was the first attempt at a private power station and was blocked by Emeka Offor who claimed that when he bought 40% of EEDC, Aba was included despite an earlier agreement between FGN and Geometric.

I think what ails the SE is industrial development. Industry traps capital and creates massive job opportunities. Innoson motors alone generates 10-30 billion in Nnewi. If Nnewi had just 50 companies of that size it would be a massive economy. All the cash generated would fuel retail, housing, schools, etc. There is a reason China looks like USA.

Industry should be Anambras priority and they should learn from the Ethiopians of how to go about it through industrial layout designed and funded by the Chinese.

Anambra should have industrial parks for textiles and garments, electrical components, auto parts and integrated circuits.

The vision should be 200 companies providing 100,000 jobs. It would massively boost the state.

Calmly well spoken.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
abuzz33:

All these things you mentioned are good for the growth of Igboland but I'm still not comfortable with Igboland not having, at least, the 3 major assets that sustain every economy which are electricity, fuel and telecommunications. I hope our industrialists look into it because even if we have 1 million industries that employ millions of our people all the Nigerian government needs to do to kill our growth is to shutdown the grid delivering electricity to us and order NNPC to end delivery of fuel to the SE and watch how our millions of industries will shutdown within a week.

The federal government can't do same to the south west because the SW will immediately take control of the Powerplants in their region, they have the worlds largest oil refinery, infact, the South West is currently the most structurally independent region in this country and I respect them for that. They have mastered the Art of using every opportunity they have to attract the most critical infrastructure and industries to their land. Obasanjo built a gas pipeline to Ogun state to power the industries there, Osinbanjo used his influence to ensure the railway in the south west is working fully, they quickly provided land for Dangote to build the world's largest refinery in Lagos which is the smallest state in the country.

I commend those Igbo sons who are building their industries at home and I know that one day we will have those critical assets I mentioned earlier and I hope they come fast. There is small hope now that Imo and Abia state governments have said that they are working on seaports in their various states. I just hope they were serious about it because eastern governors are more of talking with less action. Thank God we have Airports cheesy. With 3 standard international airports even though they barely get international flights, there is stil hope.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 6:41am On Nov 29, 2023
Unbiased1:

All these things you mentioned are good for the growth of Igboland but I'm still not comfortable with Igboland not having, at least, the 3 major assets that sustain every economy which are electricity, fuel and telecommunications. I hope our industrialists look into it because even if we have 1 million industries that employ millions of our people all the Nigerian government needs to do to kill our growth is to shutdown the grid delivering electricity to us and order NNPC to end delivery of fuel to the SE and watch how our millions of industries will shutdown within a week.

The federal government can't do same to the south west because the SW will immediately take control of the Powerplants in their region, they have the worlds largest oil refinery, infact, the South West is currently the most structurally independent region in this country and I respect them for that. They have mastered the Art of using every opportunity they have to attract the most critical infrastructure and industries to their land. Obasanjo built a gas pipeline to Ogun state to power the industries there, Osinbanjo used his influence to ensure the railway in the south west is working fully, they quickly provided land for Dangote to build the world's largest refinery in Lagos which is the smallest state in the country.

I commend those Igbo sons who are building their industries at home and I know that one day we will have those critical assets I mentioned earlier and I hope they come fast. There is small hope now that Imo and Abia state governments have said that they are working on seaports in their various states. I just hope they were serious about it because eastern governors are more of talking with less action. Thank God we have Airports cheesy. With 3 standard international airports even though they barely get international flights, there is stil hope.

On electricity, SE is not badly off. Abia has Alaoji power plant and Geometric IPP both roughly 800 MW combined. Enugu has the old Oji power plant which can be rescuscitated.

For refineries, the SE doesn't have much crude feedstock. Imo has a small 5000 BPD modular refinery in Egbema as does Anambra in Aguleri. People hail Dangote but he built a refinery that will be doing a lot of importing of crude. NNpc cannot supply half of it's capacity.

As for telecommunications capacity, the SE is one of the best connected parts of Nigeria. The fibre backbone from MTN, GLO touches all major cities.

Again the sooner we have an industrial plan the faster we prioritize supporting infrastructure. Anambra, Imo, Abia have a lot of gas. But operating in silos does not help. The Shell gas pipeline in Imo can easily be extended to feed Asaba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka which are less than 60 miles. Obasanjo connected Ota to the WAGPCO for the same distance.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by objpmb: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2023
Pacesetterz:
The NIPOWA shopping center being built at Amawbia is by far the only finest aesthetic construction in Anambra State. I doubt if the contractors are easterners...because an Igbo man will never pay attention to details when constructing...that building alone gave a breath of fresh air in that rugged axis...so beautifully constructed with greenery.

Then another building around there that also gave that Amawbia axis a sense of beauty is the new Jezco oil station. The colors look cool...the Anambra State Govt should adopt that sea blue and white as the states color...those yellow and black rugged colors carried by all Kekes etc,should be repainted to that jezcos color. Everytime I enter Anambra everywhere keep looking like a danfo region.

PLEASE CAN YOU POST PICTURES AND THE NAME OF THE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY. I WANT TO BUILD A PLAZA AND I REALLY WANT A CLEAN DEPARTURE FROM WHAT I SEE IN IGBOLAND
Thank you and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bestmanfornow: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
Achebe Airport Partners Bonded Terminals Operators To Improve Cargo Operations

The Management of Chinua Achebe Airport, Umueri, Anambra, says it has entered an agreement with a private bonded warehouse operator to commence and boost cargo operation at the facilities.

Mr Martin Nwafor, Managing Director of the airport, announced this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Umueri, near Onitsha on Tuesday.

Nwafor said by virtue of the approval given by federal aviation authorities, the major thrust of the airport was largely cargo handling.

He said cargo operation had not fully started as the management was developing processes and procedures to prepare ground for smooth take-off.

According to him, cargo operations involve the people who own the cargo and the consolidators and they pull the cargo together from different people as well as the airlines which move the cargo.

He said the airport provided huge opportunities for investors wishing to build warehouse facilities, adding that the management was already processing the documents of those who paid processing fees and awaiting allocation.

“We are approved as an international airport but there are conditions that must be met to achieve it. We are working to get the necessary certifications by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority.

“As an airport, we have to provide the warehouse, work with customs and other agencies that are designated by the Federal Government to be involved in the screening of cargo.

“We have signed an MOU with a bonded warehouse, a private warehousing company at Nawfia. This bonded terminal has all the approving government institutions on ground.

“We are planning to build a cargo ramp and we have places mapped out for it, ” he said.

Nwafor said air cargo operation was not viable in Nigeria because of lack of corresponding exportable produce that could find their way to Europe, America or Caribbeans.

He said Nigeria should develop its agriculture base and put in place standardisation processes that would meet international standards in order to boost global acceptability.

According to him, the major problem that militates against cargo operations in Nigeria generally is that foreign cargo airplanes come in here fully loaded but go back empty, nothing to take back.

“When they bring in cargo, there is nothing to take back, they now fly to Ghana where pineapples are brought fresh from the farm, as a matter of fact, it must get to Belgium fresh in at least five hours.

“International standards must be met from clearing of the bush to harvesting; users in foreign countries are interested in the type of farm where these produce are harvested, and how well the standards are observed,” he said.

Nwafor said the investment in the airport had opened Anambra to the world as most corporate businesses and public sector visitors now accessed the state through air.

He said the major strategic objective of management of the airport was safety and that emphases were on building the capacity of the airport staff.

“You cover a journey that will take you 12 hours by road in 45 mins, negotiate your business and go back, it saves lives, it saves time and boosts image.

“At commencement, we were at 55 per cent, five months after our fire trucks arrived, more facilities are coming in.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
Nigeria fastest growing indigenous Dry port (bonded terminal) cluster, Nawfia is a already boosting cargo/logistic activity in Anambra airport.

Kudos to Donclimax Obelle Ezego, the pioneer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ProblemChild1: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
Kepukepu:
this one is always backing like a dog
grin grin grin grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
Nice. Anambra is the most developed state in igboland

Bestmanfornow:
Another classic hotel in Agulu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpqINoZ1as8?si=j9OsHiqwuYqWNycR

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good. Busiest airport east of the Niger

Chikeluba25:

The Management of Chinua Achebe Airport, Umueri, Anambra, says it has entered an agreement with a private bonded warehouse operator to commence and boost cargo operation at the facilities.

Mr Martin Nwafor, Managing Director of the airport, announced this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Umueri, near Onitsha on Tuesday.

Nwafor said by virtue of the approval given by federal aviation authorities, the major thrust of the airport was largely cargo handling.

He said cargo operation had not fully started as the management was developing processes and procedures to prepare ground for smooth take-off.

According to him, cargo operations involve the people who own the cargo and the consolidators and they pull the cargo together from different people as well as the airlines which move the cargo.

He said the airport provided huge opportunities for investors wishing to build warehouse facilities, adding that the management was already processing the documents of those who paid processing fees and awaiting allocation.

“We are approved as an international airport but there are conditions that must be met to achieve it. We are working to get the necessary certifications by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority.

“As an airport, we have to provide the warehouse, work with customs and other agencies that are designated by the Federal Government to be involved in the screening of cargo.

“We have signed an MOU with a bonded warehouse, a private warehousing company at Nawfia. This bonded terminal has all the approving government institutions on ground.

“We are planning to build a cargo ramp and we have places mapped out for it, ” he said.

Nwafor said air cargo operation was not viable in Nigeria because of lack of corresponding exportable produce that could find their way to Europe, America or Caribbeans.

He said Nigeria should develop its agriculture base and put in place standardisation processes that would meet international standards in order to boost global acceptability.

According to him, the major problem that militates against cargo operations in Nigeria generally is that foreign cargo airplanes come in here fully loaded but go back empty, nothing to take back.

“When they bring in cargo, there is nothing to take back, they now fly to Ghana where pineapples are brought fresh from the farm, as a matter of fact, it must get to Belgium fresh in at least five hours.

“International standards must be met from clearing of the bush to harvesting; users in foreign countries are interested in the type of farm where these produce are harvested, and how well the standards are observed,” he said.

Nwafor said the investment in the airport had opened Anambra to the world as most corporate businesses and public sector visitors now accessed the state through air.

He said the major strategic objective of management of the airport was safety and that emphases were on building the capacity of the airport staff.

“You cover a journey that will take you 12 hours by road in 45 mins, negotiate your business and go back, it saves lives, it saves time and boosts image.

“At commencement, we were at 55 per cent, five months after our fire trucks arrived, more facilities are coming in.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by James91: 3:52am On Nov 30, 2023
No matter the kind of investment you are doing outside IGBO land, try to invest double of it in your state, IGBOs don't learn, we keep making the same mistake always, how can someone build a house worth 300 millions in Lagos ?.now the house is down. You can't fight Government.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abufo: 6:02am On Nov 30, 2023
Chikeluba25:

The airport manager seems to be competent but his dressing is something else.........Aviation business is serious business and must be seen to be so! Every time i see this guy he is dressed down" like his going down to a pub to have a drink with friends.........He does not have to suit up but he needs to appear formal and appropriately dressed for the job!

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kindlyheart: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2023
Abufo:

The airport manager seems to be competent but his dressing is something else.........Aviation business is serious business and must be seen to be so! Every time i see this guy he is dressed down" like his going down to a pub to have a drink with friends.........He does not have to suit up but he needs to appear formal and appropriately dressed for the job!

The most important is competence. Allow him dress as he likes

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by legitnow1: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2023
Tinubu, Sanwolu Responsible For Abule Ado Bombing
Today, Tinubu is demolishing 1000 houses in Abule Ado, just two years after the bombing.

Now, we know those behind the bombing that killed so many in Abule Ado, destroying Igbo homes and businesses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7eZ6dMoNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPbqP0KXQyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKWIjLSMOLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8vL3hqKI7U

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2023
kindlyheart:

The most important is competence. Allow him dress as he likes
Sure. Honestly speaking, Anambra is a self driven state. All capital projects/heavy industries in the state are built and runed by Private indigenes including the ones commissioned by FG. I can't remember any capacity/economy driven project in the state done by federal government.

In Anambra it's State Government+private sector collaboration and it is working for us by God's grace.

Meanwhile VP SHETTIMA, just ARRIVE ANAMBRA AIRPORT for the commissioning of Electric Meter Manufacturing Factory built by the Chrome Group owned by an illustrious Anambra indigene, Sir Emeka Offor in Oraifite, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The Vice President's entourage which also comprised of the Deputy Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Kalu and former representative of Aguata Federal Constituency, Rt. Hon. Chukwuma Umeoji was received by the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo at the Anambra International Airport, Umueri.

More updates coming soon... Over to #AnambraFirstSon

Even Anambra State government understands the importance of government/private collaboration especially in a country like Nigeria where the Federal government is not living up to expectations. Even some of the projects built by ANSG like Agulu Lake hotel... are handed over to private sectors to manage.
Apart from the fact that these private companies are owned by indigens, no one will want the light handed over to him to off as they see this as opportunity to prove their capacity and write their name in gold.

Irrespective of his dressing sence, I believe the airport MD is working so hard to prove his capacity.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
Chinua Achebe international airport is the busiest in the region.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
ANSMEDIA:

This claim can't be confirmed now. Let's wait for official report from NBS. The Achebe airport got 250k passengers in almost 2 years but previously, Enugu airport got about 300k in just 1 year while Owerri airport got over 440k passengers in one year. I'm sure the traffic in those airports would have reduced by now due to the introduction of the Achebe airport but let's still wait for official air traffic report before concluding.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 3:06am On Dec 01, 2023
Shut up your dirty mouth. Chinua Achebe international airport is the busiest airport in igboland, this is airport that has functioned for just 18months and you aren’t ashamed to compare it to the rickety motorpark airports in Enugu and imo states that have been there for decades. I knew this Chinua Achebe international airport huge traffic will stir the envy and bitter bitterness in you ediots that hide under the veil of Igbo unity to spew envy and bitterness towards Anambra.

Unbiased1:

This claim can't be confirmed now. Let's wait for official report from NBS. The Achebe airport got 250k passengers in almost 2 years but previously, Enugu airport got about 300k in just 1 year while Owerri airport got over 440k passengers in one year. I'm sure the traffic in those airports would have reduced by now due to the introduction of the Achebe airport but let's still wait for official air traffic report before concluding.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 4:58am On Dec 01, 2023
This is a fact. Chinua Achebe international airport is the busiest in igboland and it is equally the best airport in igboland and has the longest runway, CAT2 lights, tallest control tower, carousels, Ziegler fire tenders, etc

ANSMEDIA:

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2023
Unbiased1:

I don’t know why Anambra pple like competing!
What you can’t see in south west !
Really a shame for this set of Igbo pple

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2023
You are one of imo ediots that started it and now you are trying to play victim because you met a superior fire power that clipped your wings. We shall continue to do this until everyone of you learn to be sensible

Ttipsy:

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Kepukepu: 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ttipsy:
Naso Anambra people be.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
Envious bitter frustrated imo bastard. Anambra people are superior while imo people are inferior igbos. Cry more on this . You ediots are being dealt with in the game you people started . Game on

Kepukepu:
Naso Anambra people be.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teresades: 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Every sensible person should make it a point of duty to report and ignore that stupidity camping in this thread

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teresades: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kepukepu:
Naso Anambra people be.

It seems you're new here. That guy is probably not igbo or even from Anambra. Ignore and report him

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pacesetterz: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
ANSMEDIA:

Why?

Because Shettima landed for commissioning? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
No. It is because Chinua Achebe international airport is the busiest in igboland while imo state has a motorpark as airport

Pacesetterz:
Why? Because Shettima landed for commissioniLol

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
You are very correct . Anyone that doesn’t like the fact you stated should go and take a hike somewhere

ANSMEDIA:

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Kepukepu: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2023
teresades:

It seems you're new here. That guy is probably not igbo or even from Anambra. Ignore and report him
That's Chino, he's from Anambra
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
You have been switching different monikers to constitute nuisance. Sincerely speaking na only me fit una, no other person fit put una in your places lol

Kepukepu:
That's Chino, he's from Anambra

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (1320) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.