Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2064989 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (1316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
Don’t get it twisted. The person you quoted is an envious bitter frustrated imo man that’s bitter and envious because Owerri is a glorified village and millions of imo indigenes are trooping to Anambra for greener pastures. I am the only one that fits him, so ignore him

wiseoneking:
illiterates every where. You talk as if cultism in Awka are committed by Awka indigene. You have to know that even before Awka became capital, nobody knows about ihiala. Under the former Anambra state, we have Enugu city, onitsha, nnewi and Awka. Then Abakaliki and Nsukka. Less noise.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 4:50am On Dec 18, 2023
Showcasing clips from recent visits to villas of some past Governors of Anambra state. The clips are uploaded from the least best to the best looking, and i must say i'm impressed with what i saw...esp' when compared to villages of other past Governors of other states in the country! Watching these clips has strengthened my belief that the south-east has the best looking villages of all the regions in the country. Yes, there are some flaws and observations on how things could be improved, but all things considered, i was impressed with the little i saw...especially the last one i attached which i think is the best of the three!

The first few minutes of each clip is introductory and shows the drive towards the villas. To save on time and data, i've noted the point where the villas start so you can fastforward to there.

Clips courtesy YangaLife ( https://www.youtube.com/@YangaLife )

3) Aguleri (from 38.32)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HjNnbC9cAM?si=9RH42JP9VpKYmgNh

2) Agulu (from 14.35)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZQArmOaM4?si=yYuETD71S5Shw8n1

1) Alor-London (from 26.15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=237QZVD_Ldg?si=kgdd2EXVrD9M-2ls

Few observations:

*The state or local gov't concerned needs to clear the roadsides of a build-up of sand sediment....especially on those busy major roads leading into the villas.

*There's a need to fix the failing portions of road before they become much bigger and more expensive to fix.

*I noticed in Alor that they cleared the gutters and wild grass growing next to them, but they dumped what was cleared on the main road and left. I hope whoever is responsible reads this and mobilises to get them cleared so Alor can live up to its name and reputation for neatness!

*I noticed, especially with Aguleri and Agulu, that landlords were building their perimeter walls almost on top of the already narrow roads! Anyone walking or driving on those roads would have a sense of being enclosed or being in a prison....there's nothing to see but bare walls on both sides and no space to walk safely or even park your car! I can appreciate that it's ime-ogbe, but there has to be some laws guiding the amount of leeway to be allowed from the edge of the road to the boundary of individual properties.

*It would improve the ambience of these villas if, where space permits, about ten meters on either side of the road is cleared of all those ugly wild growing grass/bushes, and maintained carpet grass is planted and trimmed regularly.

*Finally, i liked the location of Dr Ngiges' mansion. It's located in a nice quiet cul-de-sac....giving it maximum privacy and making it easy to secure!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
shocked :PThat's a good way to welcome ndi-Igbo home from the gateway. I believe Mr. Governor is also working on security like he assured our ppl while encouraging them to come back for Christmas.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ejanla69: 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
Rocksvibes234:
Show us projects of otti In other parts of abia excluding Aba, atleast you can see Soludo's projects in Onitsha, Awka, Ekwulobia, some parts of Nnewi and many other major towns in the state, virtually all the LG

Or you can come down to nnewi and see it yourself, nobody is your servant here

You guys always wants arguments but no evidence for backup... una go explain tire

there is no Soludo project anywhere in Nnewi

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abufo: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ejanla69:

Did Soludo not award Bank road in nnewi? Seems like Nnewi perpetually gets the short end of the stick in EVERY administration............what exactly is the problem?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NEWSCENTER: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
Chinua Achebe international airport report

Yuletide Celebration: Ndi Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost of Flight Tickets

Chinua Achebe International Airport, Umueri was a beehive of activities today as Ndị Anambra in the diaspora and other travelers are trooping into the state in to celebrate the 2023 Christmas festivities.

This surge is despite the economic hardship in the country and the high cost of flight tickets.

Some of the passengers who boarded Air Peace flight from Abuja, Mr. Banjo Olagoke and Mrs Monic Odimegwu in separate interviews with the ABS, attributed the hike in cost of flight to surge of travelers but described their journey as exciting, smooth and without turbulence.

They expressed joy that they are finally home to celebrate the Christmas.

The Managing Director of Chinua Achebe International Cargo Airport, Mr Martin's Nwafor said that the Airport which is just two years has been progressing and getting stronger with several changes and huge support from Anambra State Government.

Mr. Nwafor revealed that United Nigeria Airway introduced the a320 aeroplane to its Anambra route and has came in for the fifth time today while AirPeace introduced another big aeroplane 192 and has increased its frequency too.

Nlpfmod
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0359D79owwNjD3ZGvTpgumGULhBbBDMQpyykTvxBHUZbL6NcSZK7wwa4QysSgSmvPql&id=100090032155568&mibextid=Nif5oz

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeautifulMind2: 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ejanla69:

Not true, Soludo is constructing three major roads in Nnewi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abufo: 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
NEWSCENTER:
Chinua Achebe international airport report

The aero bridge has not progressed much! However the number of flights has increased tremendously.........from the report,United Nigeria had made 5 flights into the airport on the day of the report! seems the airport can handle 2 b737 flights per hour............with peace and stability...the capacity of this terminal may need to be expanded sooner than we imagined!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NEWSCENTER: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
Stonehill signature hotel Ozubulu Anambra state. Anambra no be anyone’s mate when it comes to overall development of cities and even villages. More aku luo uno

12 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NEWSCENTER: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
NEWSCENTER:
Stonehill signature hotel Ozubulu Anambra state. Anambra no be anyone’s mate when it comes to overall development of cities and even villages. More aku luo uno

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
Abeg, hotels are not infrastructures. We need to see completed infrastructural projects

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stanluiz(m): 2:15am On Dec 29, 2023
NEWSCENTER:
Very beautiful.

I like how the hotel is in ozubulu. Development should spread everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abufo: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2023
Chikeluba25:
shocked :PThat's a good way to welcome ndi-Igbo home from the gateway. I believe Mr. Governor is also working on security like he assured our ppl while encouraging them to come back for Christmas.

The menace of accumulated sand sediments along major Anambra roads ( both highways and town roads) continue to pose a challenge to Soludos's government!.........to make matters worse wild elephant grass find the sand sediment a good ground to germinate proliferate! I present to the house 2 road sweeper plants that are the work horses of the road maintenance crew of the Indiana Department of Transport! Anambra is not so poor that we cannot afford to finance the purchase of 4 -6 units of these plants!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEM5jtNWatI

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 6:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Abufo:

The menace of accumulated sand sediments along major Anambra roads ( both highways and town roads) continue to pose a challenge to Soludos's government!.........to make matters worse wild elephant grass find the sand sediment a good ground to germinate proliferate! I present to the house 2 road sweeper plants that are the work horses of the road maintenance crew of the Indiana Department of Transport! Anambra is not so poor that we cannot afford to finance the purchase of 4 -6 units of these plants!

There are lots of laborers that you do not need machines and the added cost of fuel. Its amazing that the Works ministry doesnt see the sand sediment as a money making enterprise. A bag of sand is N500 naira. What they sweep and collect from the major roads should be worth tens of thousands a day.

The same goes for waste management. You see the ASWAMA people going round with heavy duty trucks collecting garbage with huge cost of diesel instead of exploiting the abundance of labor on ground. People with handcarts can collect far more waste and enter inner areas than those trucks. All the government has to do is create places to bring waste and pay handcarts per volume collected. They can even pay more for sorted waste to help with selling it to recycling companies or for generating fertilizer. This will empower the poor instead of petrol importers and help the government actually achieve clean and green targets with clean streets and gutters.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by objpmb: 6:45am On Dec 30, 2023
abuzz33:

There are lots of laborers that you do not need machines and the added cost of fuel. Its amazing that the Works ministry doesnt see the sand sediment as a money making enterprise. A bag of sand is N500 naira. What they sweep and collect from the major roads should be worth tens of thousands a day.

The same goes for waste management. You see the ASWAMA people going round with heavy duty trucks collecting garbage with huge cost of diesel instead of exploiting the abundance of labor on ground. People with handcarts can collect far more waste and enter inner areas than those trucks. All the government has to do is create places to bring waste and pay handcarts per volume collected. They can even pay more for sorted waste to help with selling it to recycling companies or for generating fertilizer. This will empower the poor instead of petrol importers and help the government actually achieve clean and green targets with clean streets and gutters.

You are always on point. I wonder why there is no one in government reading your contributions on this platform to persuade you to assist with advisory role. Cheers bro.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by objpmb: 6:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Abufo:

Very good idea. This is how it is done in all reasonable societies. Problem though is servicing and maintaining those street sweepers may be an uphill tasks. I am very sure that our people do not see sand as messy. They only focus on papers, cellophanes and other objects on the road.
If all adjoining roads to a tarred road are tarred inwards 500 meters, less sand would be brought and deposited on our roads by motorists coming out of untarred roads.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abufo: 6:59am On Dec 30, 2023
abuzz33:

There is room for manual labour especially in cleaning the side streets and government establishment................for Highways and major roads,we need to have machines and plants.....Hello we will be in 2024 in a few days......we need to move with the time we are in! Afterall we are burning the same diesel to light up streetlights! Our towns look way too shabby to attract local investors talk less of serious international investors!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Never4getU: 7:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Yyeske:
See haters already as if the OP wanted their opinion, they'll never see anything good and encourage it because they don't have such in their states of origin, meanwhile corps members have been receiving their bags of Rice for xmass, inform any you know serving in Anambra to go for theirs now

Are u pain? It's funny the way u guys cry wolves when u get same treat u give others
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 7:29am On Dec 30, 2023
Abufo:
Did Soludo not award Bank road in nnewi? Seems like Nnewi perpetually gets the short end of the stick in EVERY administration............what exactly is the problem?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 7:30am On Dec 30, 2023
Ejanla69:

Continue waiting. Others voted for prosperity but hatred no gree you vote APC or top but apga in the name nke a wu nke anti rubbish slogan.

Eat your words.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Rocksvibes234:
Show us projects of otti In other parts of abia excluding Aba, atleast you can see Soludo's projects in Onitsha, Awka, Ekwulobia, some parts of Nnewi and many other major towns in the state, virtually all the LG

Or you can come down to nnewi and see it yourself, nobody is your servant here

You guys always wants arguments but no evidence for backup... una go explain tire

You lie alot. Soludo has not even poured one Barrow of sand in Nnewi.

Moreover soludo is doing absolutely nothing in Anambra State.

First tenure is enough for him.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 8:44am On Dec 30, 2023
Abufo:

There is room for manual labour especially in cleaning the side streets and government establishment................for Highways and major roads,we need to have machines and plants.....Hello we will be in 2024 in a few days......we need to move with the time we are in! Afterall we are burning the same diesel to light up streetlights! Our towns look way too shabby to attract local investors talk less of serious international investors!

To sweep roads with machines would cost thousands a day. A sweeper diesel truck traversing just 10km consumes 5,000 naira in diesel and you haven't talked procurement of maintenance. Better that the money goes into the bellies you of the indigent.

And by the way all streetlights are now solar.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abufo: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2023
abuzz33:

To sweep roads with machines would cost thousands a day. A sweeper diesel truck traversing just 10km consumes 5,000 naira in diesel and you haven't talked procurement of maintenance. Better that the money goes into the bellies you of the indigent.

And by the way all streetlights are now solar.

It is not the cost per say in the short term .........it is by no means assured that labor is even cheaper in the long run! Unless you are planning to pay the hapless workers peanuts and then get monkeys for workers.............Diesel machines are quite rugged equipment,especially if you do not run them on unadulterated diesel. I feel a mix will get the job done! MTN says they will use community age grade groups to clear sand and wild vegetation on the onitsha to Enugu expressway in the new year........................That will be a monumental task by any stretch.!! Let us wait and see how effective and efficient the process will be! A motorized sweeper can easily cover 100 km in one direction in a day.........I reckon a sweeper can cover all sides of the Enugu/onitsha express in 1 week! I dont know the kind of cheap labor that can beat that level of efficiency!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
Nice. Anambra dey another level. This is the kind of things others have in their state capitals but Anambra build it in villages and build even better ones in their cities. Anambra’s all round development is a model to transforming Africa. Anambra ga adi . Onye abulo Anambra ona ebe .

NEWSCENTER:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ultra modern orphanage home built under the Public-Private-Community-Partnership model (PPCP) in Amichi, Nnewi, Anambra state

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
Igwe Orizu ICT Centre, Nnewi Anambra state.
This project is in line with the plans to diversify Anambra's economy towards Tech.
It's being built by Igwe Orizu palace in celebration and commemoration of Igwe Nnewi's 60 years on the throne and 98th birthday.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
This 200 Units Service estate Was Built In The Village Of Okija In Anambra State by Ernest Azudialu Obiejesi (Obijackson), the owner of Nestoil plc

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
In bringing health services closer to the people at the grassroots in Anambra state, Governor Chukwuma Soludo commissions Nibo Community Hospital built by US-based Nibo indigenes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
More

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Soludo commission 11km road built by private individual in Abatete, Idemili.

More progress to Umu Anambra across the globe.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeautifulMind2: 10:09am On Dec 31, 2023
wizzyvibes:
More
I'm very proud of our people

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2023
3st December 2023
Achebe Airport calibrates newly installed instrument landing system

Achebe Airport calibrates newly installed instrument landing system
The newly installed instrument landing system at the Chinua Achebe Airport, Umueri in Anambra, State has been calibrated.

Martins Nwafor, managing director of the airport, disclosed this in an interview with businessday correspondent in Umueri.

Nwafor said the instrument landing system has three parts, which include the localiser, the glide path and range marks and with these in place, accurate assessment of the terrain is assured. According to him, Instrument Landing System is installed and it is Doppler Very High Frequency Omnidirectional Radio Range.

“It is a humming information facility for aircraft that is collocated with a distance measuring equipment.

“The equipment has been deliberated and the calibration ensures that they are functioning appropriately and meets the accuracy standards.

“Once you have it, it means that you can operate with instrument and instrument means that you can fly under the weather that is below visual flight routes, which is sunrise and sunset,” he said.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (1316) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.