Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,920 members, 7,863,228 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2118667 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) ... (1327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 11:32pm On May 26
ANSMEDIA:
Update on Ekwuluobia urban road dualization and flyover

Looking good........Ekwuluobia folks should key into the moving train and invest in proper structures!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gariepinus: 6:52pm On May 27
I pray soludo dualize 3-3 - Aguleri road...construct flyover at Nkwelle junction by express... development within this area is massive

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 6:37pm On May 28
gariepinus:
I pray soludo dualize 3-3 - Aguleri road...construct flyover at Nkwelle junction by express... development within this area is massive

Hopefully, Soludo will see the great need for that road to be dualized as well as directly linking GRA Onitsha to the Anambra International airport via that road. A lot was discussed about that road during Obiano's era that i thought Obiano would use the opportunity to award the road. It will greatly improve the accessibility and viability of the Anambra airport. not to even mention the massive development of hotels and other infrastructure that will follow that strategic road.

The beautiful thing is that the "Airport Road to Nsugbe" is about 5.5KM, but it would make such a great difference in the development of the airport and the entire area.

https://www.nairaland.com/4245053/update-developments-anambra-state-photos/891#109400588

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 12:47pm On May 29
gariepinus:

Nkwelle junction will have a cloverleaf flyover that will take you to Owerri interchange as awarded to RCC by FG. Then, another flyover will be at the airport junction on same exprrssway

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 12:48pm On May 29
gariepinus:

Nnewi Roads need dualisation too

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 12:49pm On May 29
gariepinus:

33 dualisation is long overdue

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NLegendforte: 6:47pm On May 30
When is Soludo dualizing major roads in Nnewi?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gariepinus: 11:07pm On May 30
I wonder what Obiano did without dualizing major 3-3 road to his home town Aguleri.. major roads that need dualization in Anambra are as follows..
1, Oba-Nnewi-Ozubulu-Okija road dualization..to terminate at Okija junction along Onitsha Owerri road..with flyover at the starting point of Oba old road via Onitsha -Owerri road.
2, 3-3 - Aguleri road dualization.
3, Old Onitsha Enugu road From Nkpor to Amawbia..with construction of flyover at oye agu Abagana..
4, Agulu - Oraukwu - Nnobi Nnewi road dualization with flyover at Nnobi junction and another flyover at Nnewi round about where the road will intercept with Nnewi- Oba dual carriageway..
5, Amawbia - Ekwuluobia - UGa road dualization to terminate at boundary between imo and Anambra state..
6, ihiala - Orlu Road dualization to terminate at boundary between Anambra and imo.. with construction of flyover at Total junction Ihiala where the Road started.. Soludo is currently dualizing number 5 and he promised to flag off dualizing of number 4..he promised to construct 5 major dual carriageway that will link many towns in Anambra state...so we pray and hope he do it..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Africa1stson: 5:54pm On May 31
gariepinus:
I wonder what Obiano did without dualizing major 3-3 road to his home town Aguleri.. major roads that need dualization in Anambra are as follows..
1, Oba-Nnewi-Ozubulu-Okija road dualization..to terminate at Okija junction along Onitsha Owerri road..with flyover at the starting point of Oba old road via Onitsha -Owerri road.
3, Old Onitsha Enugu road From Nkpor to Amawbia..with construction of flyover at oye agu Abagana..
4, Agulu - Oraukwu - Nnobi Nnewi road dualization with flyover at Nnobi junction and another flyover at Nnewi round about where the road will intercept with Nnewi- Oba dual carriageway..
5, Amawbia - Ekwuluobia - UGa road dualization to terminate at boundary between imo and Anambra state..
6, ihiala - Orlu Road dualization to terminate at boundary between Anambra and imo.. with construction of flyover at Total junction Ihiala where the Road started.. Soludo is currently dualizing number 5 and he promised to flag off dualizing of number 4..he promised to construct 5 major dual carriageway that will link many towns in Anambra state...so we pray and hope he do it..

What about Ekwulobia - Nnobi road?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kikake: 12:31am On Jun 01
gariepinus:

6, ihiala - Orlu Road dualization to terminate at boundary between Anambra and imo..

with construction of flyover at Total junction Ihiala where the Road started.. Soludo is currently dualizing number 5 and he promised to flag off dualizing of number 4..he promised to construct 5 major dual carriageway that will link many towns in Anambra state...so we pray and hope he do it..

Bolded number 6.
Abeg pray the governor of Abambra state to complete the road to Orlu.
Politicians from Orlu zone governing Imo state think that if they repair the road, they are doing good to only the former gov of Imo who comes from Orlu local government area. That gov from Orlu local government area got the MCC in 2000 who reconstructed the road.
This is the Orlu section of the Ihialla-Orlu federal road.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by objpmb: 4:56am On Jun 01
kikake:

Bolded number 6.
Abeg pray the governor of Abambra state to complete the road to Orlu.
Politicians from Orlu zone governing Imo state think that if they repair the road, they are doing good to only the former gov of Imo who comes from Orlu local government area. That gov from Orlu local government area got the MCC in 2000 who reconstructed the road.
This is the Orlu section of the Ihialla-Orlu federal road.

This is a federal road. Anambra and Imo states governors should get FMW minister Umahi to reconstruct the road which has a spur from Isekke through Amaofuo to Uli and Joining the Onitsha Owerri road at Girls Secondary School Uli.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by irisher: 11:49pm On Jun 01
Unbiased1 come and explain this too

Umuigbo, bring your investment home!!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:30pm On Jun 03
Beautiful city of Awka . Kwatta junction

Photo credit Anambra1stdonTV

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:51pm On Jun 03
New neighborhoods springing up near Awka millennium city

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 11:23pm On Jun 03
irisher:
Unbiased1 come and explain this too

Umuigbo, bring your investment home!!

The news is self explanatory na. Why do you need me to explain further? I have told you the importance of that road and why I supported it's construction but seeing that the road construction has now been stopped, to be honest and fair, Dave Umahi is a bloody fool.

I can't believe that in order to impress the Tinubu government, Umahi first approved a change from the initial plan without proper study of the terrain. If they had done their study well, they would have discovered that building that road would affect the underwater internet cable and they wouldn't have started the demolition of people's businesses but, the fool of a minister was in a hurry to impress his lord and personal saviour by first demolishing people's businesses. I'm just disappointed in that idiot.

Though the Landmark owner is still likely not going to get any compensation for the portion of the resort that was demolished because he doesn't have the legal documents to build on that land. Even the minister has deared him to bring forward the complete documents where he got the approval to extend Landmark closer to the beach but we have not seen anything from Landmark yet.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by christejames(m): 2:14pm On Jun 05
Soludo is also building a brand new Ekwulobia Township Stadium... I just hope the contractor handling that project will give us something to brag out.

Same with the one handling the new grandstands around the Awka City Stadium... Hope the Awka Stadium will have complete cover round the stadium?

The rendering should have been out by now.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 4:25pm On Jun 05
AMA,BRA STATE KNOWS HOW LONG IT TOOK US TO GET A 2ND NIGER BRIDGE AND THE FLYOVER THAT WE BUILT.

LET US MAKE THE EFFORT TO ONSTALL CCTV TO MONITOR THOSE ASSET AND DEPLOY VIGILANTE.

BEFORE WE BUILD MORE, WE MUST VALUE THE ONES WE BUILT AND TAKE CARE OF THEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiPKqA-tpdQ?si=Ah0PXOYLVYQIfJLx

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by madubaymi: 6:55pm On Jun 05
christejames:
Soludo is also building a brand new Ekwulobia Township Stadium... I just hope the contractor handling that project will give us something to brag out.

Same with the one handling the new grandstands around the Awka City Stadium... Hope the Awka Stadium will have complete cover round the stadium?

I pray this will materialise. What is the capacity of the new grandstands?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by LOVEALAIGBO: 7:26pm On Jun 05
christejames:

I admire your optimism! wink

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by christejames(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05
[quote author=madubaymi post=130323665][/quote]

I don't really know, that's why I wished they've published the rendering by now
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by XerXers: 7:59pm On Jun 05
gariepinus:
I suggested this several times during Obiano's tenure. I also suggested a bridge over Anambra River at the point where it enters the Niger, thus opening up the northern shoreline of the Niger where there is vast empty land in Anam

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 10:51pm On Jun 05
Nwa nsukka you keep suggesting, what have you suggested to gburu gburu that wasted eight yrs in your backward Enugu state. The new administration is now in Enugu state, why not go and suggest to them what to do to develop your backward state, instead you are busy running around as usual. Local nsukka ediot you were suggesting to Obiano as who? Who is your papa? You are suggesting your useless opinion when you should be more concerned with your useless Enugu state

XerXers:

I suggested this several times during Obiano's tenure. I also suggested a bridge over Anambra River at the point where it enters the Niger, thus opening up the northern shoreline of the Niger where there is vast empty land in Anam
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 10:52pm On Jun 05
ANSMEDIA:
Beautiful city of Awka . Kwatta junction

Photo credit Anambra1stdonTV

Beautiful city

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 10:52pm On Jun 05
ANSMEDIA:
New neighborhoods springing up near Awka millennium city

This is good . Awka millennium city has influenced a lot of upscale neighborhoods around it .

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:47pm On Jun 06
*DR. ALEX EKWUEME SQUARE CLOSED TEMPORARILY*

This is to inform the public, especially the physical fitness lovers, that Dr. Alex Ekwueme Square, Awka is presently undergoing a transformational reconstruction by Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR.

For this reason, the arena will be closed to the public until this exercise is completed in a couple of months.

Government regrets any inconveniences this could cause Ndi Anambra who flock there every morning and evening to engage in recreational sports or body exercises to be healthy.

Signed
*Paul Nwosu*
Commissioner for Information
4th June 2024

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 7:26pm On Jun 06
christejames:

I really don't like these stadium projects. Some of you who live in Anambra can help me here with answers. Here are the questions:

1) I'm sure Anambra has existing stadiums, what are those stadiums used for?

2) How much does Anambra generate from the existing stadiums in the state?

3) What plans are on ground to make this new stadium viable?

The last sport games carried out in Nigeria, all the Eastern states performed horribly in all competitions. We don't have sports programs and events in the East to grow young talents and athletes. I hope Soludo has created a plan to make judicious use of this new stadium let it not end up like the stadium Okorocha built in Okigwe that has been abandoned because of lack of sporting activities. It's not just about building a large standard stadium, it's about making good use of it for the benefit of the entire state.

And again, does Anambra have a football academy or an active football club in the NPFL? It's like Ifeanyi Ubah FC has been shutdown and only Enugu Rangers, Heartland, Eyinmba and Abia Warriors are the major Eastern clubs in NPFL. If Anambra can setup a football club, they can at least use this new stadium either as an official match stadium or as a training stadium so it won't end up like the other abandoned stadiums that litter Nigeria.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 7:30pm On Jun 06
For people from Anambra south, I hope you guys have seen the latest news from the House of Reps. The bill to create Orlu state has passed 1st reading. Orlu state includes some communities in southern Anambra. Hope your community leaders were consulted before that bill was passed? Anambra state is about to become smaller than Lagos oo.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by christejames(m): 8:32pm On Jun 06
Unbiased1:

I really don't like these stadium projects. Some of you who live in Anambra can help me here with answers. Here are the questions:

1) I'm sure Anambra has existing stadiums, what are those stadiums used for?

2) How much does Anambra generate from the existing stadiums in the state?

3) What plans are on ground to make this new stadium viable?

The last sport games carried out in Nigeria, all the Eastern states performed horribly in all competitions. We don't have sports programs and events in the East to grow young talents and athletes. I hope Soludo has created a plan to make judicious use of this new stadium let it not end up like the stadium Okorocha built in Okigwe that has been abandoned because of lack of sporting activities. It's not just about building a large standard stadium, it's about making good use of it for the benefit of the entire state.

And again, does Anambra have a football academy or an active football club in the NPFL? It's like Ifeanyi Ubah FC has been shutdown and only Enugu Rangers, Heartland, Eyinmba and Abia Warriors are the major Eastern clubs in NPFL. If Anambra can setup a football club, they can at least use this new stadium either as an official match stadium or as a training stadium so it won't end up like the other abandoned stadiums that litter Nigeria.

Your thoughts are valid but they have been taken care of.

The stadium being talked about here at Awka is not a new stadium but an existing one that Soludo wants to upgrade the grandstands around it. The only one seems to be new is the one at Ekwulobia but it's still being built on a field that has long been used as playground I guess.

Anambra state currently has a football team playing in the second tier of Nigeria Football League System; NNL, Solution FC established by Soludo.

I have seen Anambra state hosting inter-house competition for secondary and primary schools in the states in the Awka City Stadium even some at Nnewi or the stadium at Oba.
Awka City Stadium is always busy with sporting activities every weekends especially football and athletics, hosting various clubs and athletes.

Rangers International of Enugu until early this year was using that stadium as home ground when the Cathedral at Enugu was being renovated (pitch). It also hosted Heartland FC of Owerri when the club was banished from their home stadium in Owerri by NPFL Board due to poor pitch which they have now rectified. NFF also use that stadium as one of the many venues across the country to host the President Federation Cup for both male and female.

Relax nwanne, my own point is that the contractor handling the project should make the grandstand world class, something like the ongoing renovation of the National Stadium in Lagos by the state govt if they can't provide something like the one in Uyo grin. We need to be hosting the Super Eagles in the East once again.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by viccy12: 8:33pm On Jun 06
Unbiased1:
For people from Anambra south, I hope you guys have seen the latest news from the House of Reps. The bill to create Orlu state has passed 1st reading. Orlu state includes some communities in southern Anambra. Hope your community leaders were consulted before that bill was passed? Anambra state is about to become smaller than Lagos oo.

If Anambra south want to join Orlu people then goodbye to them.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nchenches: 10:13pm On Jun 06
viccy12:

If Anambra south want to join Orlu people then goodbye to them.

Many church parishes in Anambra South are in Orlu Diocese.
Most of Anambra south senatorial district have had traditional and political ties to Orlu, they also have lgbo accents closer to Orsu in Orlu senatorial district, than Onitsha or Awka accents.
In 2006 when this same proposed state was about to be created during the Obasanjo govt National Political Reforms Conference, leaders of Anambra south senatorial zone, including then serving gov of Anambra State and one former military gov of Anambra State, all came together with leaders of the 12 local government areas of Orlu senatorial zone and requested for this same proposed state called Njaba then.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 10:27pm On Jun 06
Nchenches:

Most of Anambra south senatorial district have had traditional and political ties to Orlu, they also have lgbo accents closer to Orsu in Orlu senatorial district, than Onitsha or Awka accents.
In 2006 when this same proposed state was about to be created during the Obasanjo govt National Political Reforms Conference, leaders of Anambra south senatorial zone, including then serving gov of Anambra State and one former military gov of Anambra State, all came together with leaders of the 12 local government areas of Orlu senatorial zone and requested for this same proposed state called Njaba then.

Did the Churches and parishes ask them before placing them in Orlu?

If you want to add any part of Anambra to your Orlu, you will need to go through consultation process to get their consent.

This is 2024 going to 2025.

2006 is a very long time ago.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by viccy12: 11:38pm On Jun 06
Nchenches:

Don't just say Anambra south. You need to be specific because Anambra south is very big

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) ... (1327) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: collinsonsky(m), Isaacc729l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.