Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2073238 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
Congratulations to Dr. Anthony Enukeme (CEO TONIMAS OIL) & Dr. Allen Onyema ( CEO AIR PEACE)....

Dr. Enukeme pledged to put up structure in the university in remembrance of him.

Dr. Allen Onyema gave a 70 Million Cash Donation and a promise to Build a Lecture Hall for Centre for Conflict Studies for Chukwemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
Large serene lush green premises of COOU Igbariam Anambra State

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 19, 2018
raker300:
Clearing of illegal traders even in the markets

They are not serious. Within days they will be back. The government officials (OCHA Brigade, Police) are corruptly collecting bribes from them as well as the market associations. The government should setup a monitoring force and every time illegal traders are spotted any police, officials on duty should be instantly sacked, their goods should be seized and shared out.

Illegal traders are like cockroaches. They are a major disincentive for proper business. They create massive volumes of filth, traffic congestion and take away business from people who actually rent shops within those markets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 7:06am On Nov 19, 2018
A cursory tour of Anambra State will tell you a drunk is actually on the throne. Anambra is drunk with filths.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2018
mktinsight:

They are not serious. Within days they will be back. The government officials (OCHA Brigade, Police) are corruptly collecting bribes from them as well as the market associations. The government should setup a monitoring force and every time illegal traders are spotted any police, officials on duty should be instantly sacked, their goods should be seized and shared out.

Illegal traders are like cockroaches. They are a major disincentive for proper business. They create massive volumes of filth, traffic congestion and take away business from people who actually rent shops within those markets.
there’s no where on earth without illegal traders. Even in the USA, I saw a phone case dealer hawking phone cases.

The govt do what they can and leave the rest to the conscience of people.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 20, 2018
raker300:
there’s no where on earth without illegal traders. Even in the USA, I saw a phone case dealer hawking phone cases.

The govt do what they can and leave the rest to the conscience of people.

The number of illegal traders is kept to a minimum in the USA because there is law ENFORCEMENT.

I lived in New York when it was dysfunctional and being fixed by Mayor Giuliani. Illegal traders used to sell drugs, t-shirts, fake goods in Times Square where hundreds of thousands of people walked through every day. They used to sell Chinese knick knacks in train stations, food vendors used to setup without license on major roads. Giuliani removed 90% of them. How did he do it? He put police in all high traffic locations. It transformed New York overnight. The filth, the urine smells, all of that was gone and it attracted massive investment to that place.

Obiano and his goons are fooling themselves about investment if they cannot bring cleanliness, order to our business districts. They are just enabling crime, grime and chaos and the wheelbarrow colonies of traders you see on major roads all across our cities.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 8:19am On Nov 20, 2018
Anambra Attracts China In Tourism Development
By EJIKE ABANA - November 20, 2018 39 0

China is set to build a dance auditorium in the State.

The Commissioner for Local Artwork, Culture and Tourism, Mrs Sally Mbanefo stated this during the Exco Meeting at the Exco Chambers, Government House, Awka.

Also at Exco, the Commissioner presented awards recently won by the State government including an award to Governor Willie Obiano as the Most Tourism Friendly Governor by the Private sector, as well as different awards won by the State at the National Council for Arts and Culture, NAFEST most creative performer, among others.

Commissioner Mbanefo said that the Ministry has being trying to showcase the rich cultural heritage by ndi Anambra, both to the local and international audience, adding that it’s is line with Governor Obiano’s leadership dynamism.

Recieving the awards, Governor Obiano who commended the Ministry for its achievements in so short a time under Commissioner Sally Mbanefo, appreciated the awards, saying that it is a motivation to do more work.

The Governor urged the Commissioner to maintain the tempo unrelentlessly.

The Awards winning Troupe were also presented to the Governor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2018
raker300:
Onitsha
this onitsha river Niger bridge suppose to have tollgate imo and Abia people suppose to pay thire tax before crossing Anambra state. ; grin
grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
omadeltason:
this onitsha river Niger bridge suppose to have tollgate imo and Abia people suppose to pay thire tax before closing Anambra state. ; grin
grin

No, Deltans should be the one paying before crossing into Anambra and rest

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
omadeltason:
this onitsha river Niger bridge suppose to have tollgate imo and Abia people suppose to pay thire tax before closing Anambra state. ; grin
grin
sorry the bridge is a FG property, not owned by Anambra. so tolling the road can't be made possible.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2018
Stanel World Recruitment 2018... Part 2

If you are a young, charming, confident and intelligent person who is interested in building a career in an Oil & Gas, Retail Sales and Customer Services outlet?

Then, this is your opportunity.

Job Positions:
Customer Service Executives and Retail Officers

Locations:
Awka, Jos, Suleja.

Applicant MUST:
1. Be personable and amiable with charming personality
2. Have good communication skills
3. Have ability to speak the local language of the location applied for.
4. Not more than 30 years of age.

Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs in person (prefereably) at Stanel World, Awka

Application Closes:
Thursday, November 22, 2018.

Please Note:
Only candidates who meet the above mentioned criteria need apply.

Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

Stanel Group is a company reputed for its integrity and unwavering commitment to excellent products and service delivery for maximal customer satisfaction

We are Social:
Website- www.stanelgroup.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/stanelworld
Twitter - @stanelworld
Instagram - @stanelworld

Stanel Group is a first class oil brand, specialized in marketing Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), AGO and Kero. With expansion in its functions; Stanel Group is now engaged in the production and sales of automobile parts, vehicle consumables amongst others for domestic and industrial use in its world class Experience Centres housing Chicken Republic, Bakery, Farmers Market, Tyre Centre, Car Wash, Event Centre, Supermarket, Pharmacy Store, Laundry & Dry Cleaning Centre, Barbers Shop, Executive Lounge and other state of the art facitlities.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ttipsy:
sorry the bridge is a FG property, not owned by Anambra. so tolling the road can't be made possible.
tunubu build tollgate in FG road who stop him or stop Lagos state Government. Shm if Anambra state Government build toll gate in river Niger bridge Anambra government will generate more igr than Lagos ph and all Igbo state put together at least Anambra will generate like 4million naira every day you know all goods container trucks heading to ph Aba, Enugu Benue, Imo will pay each per pas 3000k naira each then Anambra will be the most richest state in Nigeria just look at this � wan in Lagos

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
omadeltason:
tunubu build tollgate in FG road who stop him or stop Lagos state Government. Shm if Anambra state Government build toll gate in river Niger bridge Anambra government will generate more igr than Lagos ph and all Igbo state put together at least Anambra will generate like 4million naira every day you know all goods container trucks heading to ph Aba, Enugu Benue, Imo will pay each per pas 3000k naira each then Anambra will be the most richest state in Nigeria just look at this � wan in Lagos
That road is not owned by FG, it is owned and constructed by LSGT. so they are free to Toll it. tinubu tolled it while he was a governor. why didn't he toll 3rd mainland bridge?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 7:24am On Nov 22, 2018
United Nations Signs Media Partnership Agreement With
Broadcasting Service (ABS)

By Ejike Abana

The United Nations today (Wednesday, November 21, 2018) signed a media partnership agreement with the Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS).

Special Representative of United Nations Secretary-General (SPRG) for West Africa and the Sahel, Mr Mohamed Chambers said the media partnership agreement requires ABS to produce and broadcast weekly in Igbo language programmes that will help sensitize and educate the public about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

On his part, Governor Willie Obiano thanked the UN mission in Nigeria for all their support over the years and pledged that Anambra State will continue to fulfill its part of all agreements entered into with the United Nations towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.

Speaking, the Managing Director and CEO of Anambra Broadcasting Service, Nze Uche Nworah said the agreement is the first media partnership agreement the United Nations is entering into with any media house in Nigeria. “We are delighted about this and are privileged to have been selected by the United Nations for this all important task. We will work hard towards fulfilling the terms of the Media partnership agreement”.

Continuing, Nworah said that ABS has already started the production and broadcast of ‘Njem Mmepe’ (Development Strides) on ABS 88.5FM every Thursday by 7.30pm. This will shortly go on ABS TV Channel 24. The program which is being co-produced and presented by Ebele Uzoegbo will also be syndicated to other radio and TV stations across South East Nigeria in due time.

(Photo Shows Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Professor Solo Chukwulobelu (SSG Anambra State), Mr Mohamed Chambers, Special Representative of United Nations Secretary-General (SPRG) for West Africa and the Sahel, and Nze Uche Nworah (MD/CEO of ABS) at the Media Partnership agreement signing at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia).

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 7:42am On Nov 22, 2018
As the dry season sets in, reconstruction of inner streets of Fegge: Palmer, Williams & Obosi streets all in Fegge undergoing reconstruction. Many more inner streets are under reconstruction in and around Fegge, Awada, Nkpor, all in Onitsha metropolis

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2018
If Anambra state toll river Niger bridge Anambra state will be the must richest state in Nigeria or Biafra.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
Its HERO Fiesta 4, come join us at Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium Onitsha on the 23rd of November 2018 to watch some of the hottest acts performing live on the HERO stage. We will be giving out tickets. Watch out for that. #HEROFiesta4

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
visit www.igbo-unity.com for your igbo develoment conversations free from tribalist, biased mods and trouble makers.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by jamjo: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
As the dry season sets in, reconstruction of inner streets of Fegge: Palmer, Williams & Obosi streets all in Fegge undergoing reconstruction. Many more inner streets are under reconstruction in and around Fegge, Awada, Nkpor, all in Onitsha metropolis

I wish they will use the opportunity to remove all the shanties and cover the open drainage with sidewalks and plant trees and flowers.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
Obi of Onitsha, the most powerful stool east of the Niger standing tall at GEJ's book launch.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rafindo(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
By Rafindo
KWATA football club the dream of my future.
I was never really interested in commenting online simply because of the perception that talk is cheap but actions are the things that keeps the world growing.
Nairaland has always carved a niche for itself has the largest indigenous online forum in Nigeria and more also, as the melting point of great ideas that makes reality. Having followed this particular thread since day one, it is pertinent for me, to add to the solution market rather than the complaining zone. The primary focus of this post is simply aimed at arousing the minds and the can do spirit of the igbo man. in trying to do that I have decided to follow all the standard rules that has do with objectivity. I don't want the wave of politicism to affect this vision of mine but rather, I seek to open our minds to the possibility of solving our problem without government help or assistance.
Anambra state seems to the most enlighten among the igbo nation because of the abundance of quality human resources at it's disposal , but our clannish, hypocrisy and mediocrity has left much to be desired.
Why all this epistle, we need to create a mark for ourself by creating history.
The establishment and formation of the first community/fan owned football club in Nigeria.
Awka was my choice simply because it is a growing city with no stadium.Which shows how we treat governance and youth employment here in our state. The local football clubs trying to be alive are simply the conduit pipe for politicians masquerading as football lovers and that why our football system is in shambles now.
Kwata was a choice I felt represent the generality of the residents base on the premises that, it's one of the busiest junction, that stand in between two landmark fly over bridge. The name is simply to promote a street just the same way fulham and Chelsea are to London.
But I need help to achieve this dream and what is that, the support of 10,000 strong football enthusiast,lover,die hard and finally spirited individuals interested in showcasing our state to the word.
For those who benefit from the old order are weary of change, why those who clamour for change are seen as rebels and those where the words of the great Italian philosopher Machiavelli.
Change has always been a constant aspect of human life and a continuous trend with no definite pattern. But the best trend should be the positive ones capable of changing our world. My world is football ,as an ardent worshipper of this beautiful game. I can die to uphold my belief in God and soccer for they are the only things capable of creating love where hate abounds. If Jesus where to be a member of the present day world ,the scripture quote of john 3:16 would have been for God so love the world that he gave us soccer has a sign of uniting the world that whosoever believeth in the beautiful game as a means of sharing love will not perish but have a peaceful mind.
After researching about developing the system, I concluded that the community/fan ownership model is the best. This is the best model for a country/league that have supportership and viewship apathy. The model where the community or a group of enthusiastic football lovers Are owners of the club.This will create the spirit of bondship resulting from community identity or fans identity. With this model a club is going to be runned professional as a guaranty/non profit organization under the CAC.cooperate governance will be strengthened as a result of transparency and accountability.
The model currently runned now is doom to be unproductive and unprofessional.
Government ownership breeds incompetence, corruption and lack of competitive spirit.
A good example is enyimba with the spirit the brand enyimba invokes it would have been a professional club if only the government can sell the club to the fans it will be good. Believe it enyimba have a local support ship base of 1 million die hard fans that are ready to contribute 10,000 yearly for the membership fee of the club.thereby giving the club a budget of 10 billion naira.this will entail accountability because it will be run using the barca presidential model.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rafindo(m): 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
To be continued.

I will need series of suggestions and comments inorder for us to develop this.
No political discuss
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2018
Did you set up the Kwata fc to make money or you really have a passion for football and you want to set a standard?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
Xander85:
Ain't it funny how all those sad 'Omambala/Anambra' supremacists have abandoned this nice thread where, if they loved Anambra so much, they could have been discussing it's progress, unity and development? Instead these so called 'Omambalans' have gone and parked their divisive, Igbo hating arrses on the Pan-Igbo thread 24/7, insisting on telling those of us who couldn't care less how 'Omambala' is different from the rest of Alaigbo and how they have charted a developmental course different from the rest of the region! smiley

Please leave this thread.

We won't allow you destroy it.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
Xander85:

[s]
If you weren't so dense you'd have realised this silly post of yours i'm quoting is better directed towards you and your nasty ilk!

I am Igbo...from Rivers State, this much you know! Do you also know i'm more passionate about my God-given ethnic identity (Igbo) rather than an identity foisted on me without my consent by the likes of Gowon and others? This act of Gowon was done to dismember and weaken Alaigbo, so why the fuc/k should i be more interested in Rivers state over and above pan-Igbo issues?

You on the other hand, prefer to champion Omambala/Anambra issues and unity over and above pan-Igbo unity! I have no problem with this....each to his own mate!

Where i have a problem is when you and you ilk (that prefer Omambala over Umuigbo in general) leave the Anambra thread where you have ample opportunity to w'ank yourselves senseless over your Omambala supremacist agenda, and instead park yourselves 24/7 on the pan-Igbo thread that's meant for guys like myself! This clearly shows you're up to no good, and are an insecure, hypocritical and paranoid case that needs to be pitied![/s]

Just create a thread on rivers state.
Focus on rivers state oooo

We won't allow u destory this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
DawatNama:
A cursory tour of Anambra State will tell you a drunk is actually on the throne. Anambra is drunk with filths.
Be careful next time

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
omadeltason:
If Anambra state toll river Niger bridge Anambra state will be the must richest state in Nigeria or Biafra.

If since 1999 (forget preceding years since the useless military was in charge) Anambra had been lucky to have a bold and visionary leader that found a way to raise say $200 million dollars which would be used solely to build a kickass, state-of-the-art 2nd Niger bridge which would be tolled, i'm sure by now the bridge would have paid for itself and been yielding a handsome profit!

The money could have been raised either by a dedicated infrastructure levy on all businesses in the state; a loan from either China or other world financial institutions at favourable terms; a percentage of improved yearly IGR takings (say 20%); etc. This same model could have also been used to build other critical infrastructure like gas-fed power plants for industrial zones in the state; a int'l airport; or improvements in Onitsha main market to bring it up to world-class standards.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
jamjo:

I wish they will use the opportunity to remove all the shanties and cover the open drainage with sidewalks and plant trees and flowers.

Bros, if wishes were horses......! wink
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 6:37am On Nov 23, 2018
Hehehehe

Igboson, this is where your fellow clowns have ran to. Please join them there. Stop pretending as if you haven't seen this link since last week. LOL

visit www.igbo-unity.com

Xander85:

If since 1999 (forget preceding years since the useless military was in charge) Anambra had been lucky to have a bold and visionary leader that found a way to raise say $200 million dollars which would be used solely to build a kickass, state-of-the-art 2nd Niger bridge which would be tolled, i'm sure by now the bridge would have paid for itself and been yielding a handsome profit!

The money could have been raised either by a dedicated infrastructure levy on all businesses in the state; a loan from either China or other world financial institutions at favourable terms; a percentage of improved yearly IGR takings (say 20%); etc. This same model could have also been used to build other critical infrastructure like gas-fed power plants for industrial zones in the state; a int'l airport; or improvements in Onitsha main market to bring it up to world-class standards.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 7:19am On Nov 23, 2018
The Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) in Awka, Anambra State, has established a teaching centre of the Confucius Institute at the Federal College of Agriculture, Ishiagu in Ebonyi State. This followed a signing of a Memorandum of Understanding by the UNIZIK Vice-Chancellor (VC), Prof Joseph Ahaneku, and the Provost of the college, Prof Justina Mgbada, for the setting up of an institute for Chinese studies in the college.

Speaking during the tour of the facility, the VC explained that the institute would afford people within the catchment area an opportunity to learn mandarin, noting that it would go a long way in assisting most of them in doing business with the Chinese.

Prof Ahaneku said the establishment of the teaching point is in line with his administration’s resolve to give the Chinese programme a national outlook. He urged the people of Ebonyi State to utilise the opportunity that the programme offers.

Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Anyim Pius Anyim, who graced the event, donated an executive Peugeot 506 car to the institute to assist Chinese teachers discharge their duties.

The provost, Prof Mgbada, expressed joy on the fruition of the MoU, which, according to her, appeared impossible at the outset. She praised the VC for his tenacity, which, she said, led to the success of the partnership.

Prof Mgbada assured the VC of the college’s resolve to abide by the regulations of Hanban – Confucius Institute headquarters. Being the first non-affiliated institution to be accorded the privilege, the provost said the college would live up to expectation.

In the entourage of the VC to Ishiagu include the Deputy VC for Academics, Prof Charles Esimone, his counterpart in Administration, Prof Carol Arinze-Umobi, UNIZIK Director of Public Relations, Dr Emmanuel Ojukwu, and some staff of the institute led by their Director, Prof Yu Job.
In a related development, UNIZIK hosted the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Arts Exhibition contingent from Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The exhibition was held at the university auditorium.

Receiving the team led by Prof Wang Jun Wen, Prof Ahaneku, said the visit would open opportunities for collaboration with the university, especially in the area of medicine.
Prof Wang thanked the VC for his support to the institute, expressing optimism that the partnership would yield good fruit.

The event featured variety of Chinese music, drama, kung fu and martial arts presentations from the TCM contingent and students of Confucius Institute.
http://thenationonlineng.net/unizik-opens-chinese-study-centre-ebonyi/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2018
Still on it: clearing of illegal traders, illegal tax collectors and illegally parked vehicles

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.