Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2087039 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bestmanfornow: 6:21am On Apr 30
irisher:

Which biased statistics are you really talking about?
You're tirelessly saying something without evidence or making a tangible reason.
We already know that development starts from the city, so apart from the 100km Owerri city that was created in 1970 and the former capital of Abia State, which other place is urbanized in Imo state?
Can you compare Mbaise, Mbano, Mbaitolu, Obowo, Orlu to any town in Anambra State
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that can compete with Anambra state, don't insult Ndi Anambra.
Below is the Google definition of urbanized and developed city by the main city area, underdeveloped areas aren't included in the city area. If you're wise enough, you should understand that Ihiala city and its metro with a city area of 300km is more urbanized than Owerri with metro city of 104km.
It surprise me when these guys make senseless argument, if it's an outsider I will understand but for an Igbo man to be saying such rubbish clearly shows the person doesn't know anywhere in Southeast Onitsha metropolis alone is the biggest city in Southeast, not to talk of Anambra as a whole, driving from Onitsha to Awka to our boundary with Enugu via old road the whole place is highly built up to the end same with Onitsha to Nnewi/Ekwulobia road to our boundary with Imo state, Anambra is second urbanized state in Nigeria after Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bestmanfornow: 6:28am On Apr 30
Unbiased1:

@bolded, that number has been reviewed to 3rd. Lagos 1st, Imo 2nd, Anambra 3rd. Other stats you listed are accurate.
The worst you can do to yourself is lying to yourself, expect you are among those that claim my mama said I be Ibo, if you are an Igbo man and agree to this show you be Dumbo, how can you compare Anambra to Imo in urbanisation, outside Owerri where else in Imo? Onitsha metro alone is far bigger than Owerri tell me is it Orlu you Will compare to Awka or Nnewi?

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 10:08pm On Apr 30
castrogee:

Absolute bollock.

you are the one yapping rubbish! I spent 10 years in Onitsha and nnewi and the level of lawlessness was quite challenging! Soludo is trying but he has a lot of work to do to clean out the stables of dung! I call it franchised criminality,this is the reason why criminals find their way to political power easily in the southeast,,,,,,,,we know the past of billionaires like ifeanyi uba( a returnee fugitive from Dr Congo) is it Governor Uzodimma and his 419 past.........or is it Patrick Mbah of Enugu ( who is owing CBN) ....................money is not everything abeg!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 11:14pm On Apr 30
ebufa:

you are the one yapping rubbish! I spent 10 years in Onitsha and nnewi and the level of lawlessness was quite challenging! Soludo is trying but he has a lot of work to do to clean out the stables of dung! I call it franchised criminality,this is the reason why criminals find their way to political power easily in the southeast,,,,,,,,we know the past of billionaires like ifeanyi uba( a returnee fugitive from Dr Congo) is it Governor Uzodimma and his 419 past.........or is it Patrick Mbah of Enugu ( who is owing CBN) ....................money is not everything abeg!

I knew that mentioning the previous lawlessness and rampant criminality called Agberos will hurt my people’s sensibilities. But to solve a problem it must be accurately diagnosed and shamelessly pronounced. That was my goal to underscore that Soludo accurately understood that apart from infrastructure and environmental cleanliness, addressing the menace of agberos was key to building a habitable homeland and attracting our people of high quality living elsewhere to consider investing at home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 12:24am On May 01
Cjrane2:

I knew that mentioning the previous lawlessness and rampant criminality called Agberos will hurt my people’s sensibilities. But to solve a problem it must be accurately diagnosed and shamelessly pronounced. That was my goal to underscore that Soludo accurately understood that apart from infrastructure and environmental cleanliness, addressing the menace of agberos was key to building a habitable homeland and attracting our people of high quality living elsewhere to consider investing at home.

I certainly agree with you that soludo is changing the narrative, I sat down to actually tally what he has achieved thus far.........if he continues at this pace.......he may actually match the efficiency of Peter Obi's government and actually surpass it! One thing for sure is that Soludo came to power with a plan....and he has stuck to it! It is begining to show! I am especially gratified that he left Peter Obi's educational reforms intact! I am becoming impressed o!!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by garfield1: 1:17am On May 01
ebufa:

I certainly agree with you that soludo is changing the narrative, I sat down to actually tally what he has achieved thus far.........if he continues at this pace.......he may actually match the efficiency of Peter Obi's government and actually surpass it! One thing for sure is that Soludo came to power with a plan....and he has stuck to it! It is begining to show! I am especially gratified that he left Peter Obi's educational reforms intact! I am becoming impressed o!!

Soludo is actually performing silently
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:05pm On May 01
This is what they did to an Igbo man business in Lagos.

Now we have road in the front and back.

Nothing yoruba can say again that Igbo should listen. The hate is clear both in words and action.

Original route is the red line but they delibrately moved it forward to destroy the Igbo man bsuiness and then connect the road back to the original route down a the other end.

The wickedness made me to throw up yesterday.

Even the white will not do such to another white or investment in their land.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:18pm On May 01
Please go and subscribe and support this channel.

He is doing a very good job.

We must support own to represent our common interest and goals.

Hard work should be rewarded, it cost us nothing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO4jPtDMaWw&t=348s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4bv62BrZQ&t=615s

An honest conversation with our Ikwerre people towards the Unification of Ndi Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 12:31pm On May 01
Bliss4Lyfe:

Nothing yoruba can say again that Igbo should listen. The hate is clear both in words and action.

Original route is the red line but they delibrately moved it forward to destroy the Igbo man bsuiness and then connect the road back to the original route down a the other end.

Regrettably, this won't be the last time Igbo investments face deliberate destruction in these hostile environments. The blind pursuit of profits by the Igbo, while neglecting the systemic oppression and impoverishment inflicted upon them and their region by the Nigerian state, is a longstanding issue. Unfortunately, it's not a new phenomenon and will continue to happen until the average Igboman learns some sense that big profit margins aren't the only important consideration in making a sound business decision.

The average Igbo's refusal to acknowledge Nigeria's harsh realities, instead clinging to idealized fantasies of the nation, leaves them vulnerable to exploitation by those seeking to harm them. It's crucial for the Igbo community to confront these harsh truths and adopt a more strategic approach to navigating the challenges posed by the Nigerian state

Again, this will not prevent the next tactless-profit-chasing Igbo from even selling his inheritance in Igboland or even borrowing from banks just to invest the money into these God-forsaken places they often fantasize as "african capital" of that or this. It is better to invest in Ghana or Kenya than risk your life's earnings investing in these strange parts of Nigeria. Imagine the folly of this dude Paul Onwuanibe foolishly selling all his hard-earned investments in the UK and putting 100% of everything into a region where people with his last name are actively targeted for destruction, all for the sake of chasing profits!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:52pm On May 01
ChimaAdeoye:

Regrettably, this won't be the last time Igbo investments face deliberate destruction in these hostile environments. The blind pursuit of profits by the Igbo, while neglecting the systemic oppression and impoverishment inflicted upon them and their region by the Nigerian state, is a longstanding issue. Unfortunately, it's not a new phenomenon and will continue to happen until the average Igboman learns some sense that big profit margins aren't the only important consideration in making a sound business decision.

The average Igbo's refusal to acknowledge Nigeria's harsh realities, instead clinging to idealized fantasies of the nation, leaves them vulnerable to exploitation by those seeking to harm them. It's crucial for the Igbo community to confront these harsh truths and adopt a more strategic approach to navigating the challenges posed by the Nigerian state

Again, this will not prevent the next tactless-profit-chasing Igbo from even selling his inheritance in Igboland or even borrowing from banks just to invest the money into these God-forsaken places they often fantasize as "african capital" of that or this. It is better to invest in Ghana or Kenya than risk your life's earnings investing in these strange parts of Nigeria. Imagine the folly of this dude Paul Onwuanibe foolishly selling all his hard-earned investments in the UK and putting 100% of everything into a region where people with his last name are actively targeted for destruction, all for the sake of chasing profits!

Tinubu could not pass up the opportunity to destroy a legitimate business of a hard working Igbo man.

This Yoruba economic warfare against the Igbo that started with Awolowo in the 1060s have now moved to demolition of Igbo homes and bsuinesses.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 5:02pm On May 01
Bliss4Lyfe:

Lol. Is it only the Igbo man's business that will be demolished there? The main buildings of the Landmark event centre will not be demolished. Dave Umahi is the minister of works. He has changed and adjusted the plans of several other federal projects, what is stopping him from adjusting the plan of this coastal road project to prevent the demolition of any property along the coast?

The Yoruba people are very wise and I give them a thumbs up for that. That newly added road was supposed to be built by the Lagos State government to connect Eko Atlantic to other parts of Victoria Island and the Apapa Seaports but why should they use Lagos state's money when they can make the Federal Government include the project in the so-called coastal road and use the federation account to fund the road? grin

Look at the narrow gauge rail they did from Aba to Port Harcourt with World War 2 trains grin. They know that Igbo people naturally are docile and their leaders are ready to accept any nonsense just to please the federal government.
As for this Landmark center, the bitter truth is that there are many Igbo investors currently looking for land in that same Lagos state to build their resort. Shey Stanel built one of the most luxury hotels in Nigeria in Lagos but built Petrol Station in Awka grin. Na so Igbo people be abeg cheesy cheesy very comic characters grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 5:10pm On May 01
Bliss4Lyfe:

Tinubu could not pass up the opportunity to destroy a legitimate business of a hard working Igbo man.

This Yoruba economic warfare against the Igbo that started with Awolowo in the 1060s have now moved to demolition of Igbo homes and bsuinesses.

I can confidently assure you that the mission was not exactly to demolish an Igbo man's business, it was strictly to help improve the infrastructure of Lagos by linking Apapa Ports to Eko Atlantic and Victoria Island using Federal Money. Atiku mentioned it before and questioned why the coastal road project did not start from Calabar instead of Lagos. It's just unfortunate that the Igbo man's business is a blockage to achieving this infrastructural growth in Lagos and parts of the business have to demolished to give way. It's the same way Soludo and Otti have been demolishing houses in Anambra and Abia respectively to expand the roads in those states without anybody crying about ethnic targeting or discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by James91: 5:27pm On May 01
Our people refuse to learn, they will learn it in hard ways, nothing like doing your project in your place, forget profit because it will come.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:32pm On May 01
Unbiased1:

Shey Stanel built one of the most luxury hotels in Nigeria in Lagos but built Petrol Station in Awka grin. Na so Igbo people be abeg cheesy cheesy very comic characters grin

Stanel Group Awka branch is not just petrol station. There's an event centre, automobile centre, car wash, unisex saloon, mart, chicken republic, FastChow. However, a hotel in the same location would have complimented the ICC, Awka.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 9:19pm On May 01
ChimaAdeoye:

Paul Onwuanibe really fall hand..........what validation is he seeking in Lagos that he cannot receive in the southeast! Thankfully we have 2 or 3 globally exposed governors in the southeast today........Landmark can still bounce back with tourist resorts at our Beaches in Asaba,Omambala and Afikpo..........he does not have to spend billions on over inflated lands and charges in Lagos..........I feel sorry for the guy sha! The strange people of the wastelands run am street!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bestmanfornow: 10:08pm On May 01
ebufa:

Paul Onwuanibe really fall hand..........what validation is he seeking in Lagos that he cannot receive in the southeast! Thankfully we have 2 or 3 globally exposed governors in the southeast today........Landmark can still bounce back with tourist resorts at our Beaches in Asaba,Omambala and Afikpo..........he does not have to spend billions on over inflated lands and charges in Lagos..........I feel sorry for the guy sha! The strange people of the wastelands run am street!
Landmark have Conference Centre in Owerri and hotel in Port Harcourt

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 12:36am On May 02
How we nurtured Anambra UTME candidate to score 324 in JAMB - LG Chairman

I am not surprise. We all can attest to Hon. Chibueze Offorbike's hard work... I witnessed the process... Still striking. Here comes the result.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Jcoleworld911: 8:14pm On May 02
Can anyone confirms the location of this hotel building in Anambra especially Awka??

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by LOVEALAIGBO: 8:45pm On May 02
Jcoleworld911:
Can anyone confirms the location of this hotel building in Anambra especially Awka??

If that’s being built in Anambra, we would have known by now before it reached this level.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:30am On May 04
Jcoleworld911:

Which Awka?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 10:40am On May 04
Jcoleworld911:
yeah Dubai

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 11:26am On May 04
Unbiased1:

Lol. Is it only the Igbo man's business that will be demolished there? The main buildings of the Landmark event centre will not be demolished. Dave Umahi is the minister of works. He has changed and adjusted the plans of several other federal projects, what is stopping him from adjusting the plan of this coastal road project to prevent the demolition of any property along the coast?

The Yoruba people are very wise and I give them a thumbs up for that. That newly added road was supposed to be built by the Lagos State government to connect Eko Atlantic to other parts of Victoria Island and the Apapa Seaports but why should they use Lagos state's money when they can make the Federal Government include the project in the so-called coastal road and use the federation account to fund the road? grin

Look at the narrow gauge rail they did from Aba to Port Harcourt with World War 2 trains grin. They know that Igbo people naturally are docile and their leaders are ready to accept any nonsense just to please the federal government.
As for this Landmark center, the bitter truth is that there are many Igbo investors currently looking for land in that same Lagos state to build their resort. Shey Stanel built one of the most luxury hotels in Nigeria in Lagos but built Petrol Station in Awka grin. Na so Igbo people be abeg cheesy cheesy very comic characters grin

Your post is not quite accurate sir,,,,,,,they effectively killed landmark's business by running a dual carriageway along the beachfront of the business.....so instead of viewing the beach all you see is a traffic laden highway............that act defeats your Yorubas are nice argument!

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 11:50am On May 04
Why are you Ediotic wawa people always aggressive ?

OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Which Awka?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 11:50am On May 04
Chikeluba25:
How we nurtured Anambra UTME candidate to score 324 in JAMB - LG Chairman

I am not surprise. We all can attest to Hon. Chibueze Offorbike's hard work... I witnessed the process... Still striking. Here comes the result.

Good development. Anambra leads the Igbo race in development

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by objpmb: 4:40pm On May 04
Jcoleworld911:

Day dreaming !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rinzaugustine: 8:08pm On May 04
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Stanel Group Awka branch is not just petrol station. There's an event centre, automobile centre, car wash, unisex saloon, mart, chicken republic, FastChow. However, a hotel in the same location would have complimented the ICC, Awka.
does stanel hotel abuja belong to them?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 11:57pm On May 05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v01RURuQloU

Kudos Soludo.........The massive work done in Awka has began to show................Soludo do not forget nnewi sha!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 1:40am On May 06
Attention to details in the inner streets of Awka

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 1:41am On May 06
ANSMEDIA:

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NwekereNdokl: 12:06pm On May 07
ANSMEDIA:

Beautiful . Fastest developing city in igboland

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by viccy12: 1:50pm On May 07
Soludo is really working in Anambra but he is handling a lot of projects at once which is slowing down the pace of works. I am confident that by the time Soludo finishes his 2 term Anambra will be a new bride.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:07pm On May 07
ANSMEDIA:

Looks nice!

The junction in the first two pics….hope there are plans to mark the road properly and install traffic-lights for safety and effective traffic management?

Also, we can’t stress enough how important it is for the state or local gov’t concerned to invest in street-sweeping vehicles. If those streets are not swept at least once a week, sand/sediment/rubbish will start pilling up by the sides and ruin the good view of the road we’re now enjoying.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.