Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2083235 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ezewuzie01: 8:59am On Oct 17, 2019
globemoney:
I think its time for Anambra Govt to come up with a dev plan for onitsha and Nnewi. Something like a dev authorities for these cities like was done for Awka. I believe this fire incident would have been better managed if it happened in Awka because it’s the base of the fire service but Anambra unlike other states has 3 major cities which require great attention!
Time for govt to create an onitsha and Nnewi development authority like was done for Awka
Onitsha and Nnewi Dev. authority will be a waste of money and won't achieve much. They will even spend more on salaries of their workers than development. This incident was a one-time. Onitsha fire service stations at Okpoko and main market usually respond in time to fire distress calls even at night. So something must have gone wrong this one time.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2019
Ezewuzie01:
Onitsha and Nnewi Dev. authority will be a waste of money and won't achieve much. They will even spend more on salaries of their workers than development. This incident was a one-time. Onitsha fire service stations at Okpoko and main market usually respond in time to fire distress calls even at night. So something must have gone wrong this one time.
No I disagree, look at the Awka dev authority you can’t say they are just paying salaries, they are responsible for the transformation going on in Awka. Onitsha is a big city and deserves it. It goes beyond fire incidents! And don’t forget this now happens almost every year, don’t know if you forgot

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ezewuzie01: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2019
globemoney:

No I disagree, look at the Awka dev authority you can’t say they are just paying salaries, they are responsible for the transformation going on in Awka. Onitsha is a big city and deserves it. It goes beyond fire incidents! And don’t forget this now happens almost every year, don’t know if you forgot
Well if that is required let's go for it. But that should be Onitsha alone.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 9:12am On Oct 17, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
In the midst of all these calamity Anambra state is swimming in, am short of words to qualify Gov Obiano...

His government was indeed a calamity to Anambra state. For one fall of an Anambrarian is a fall for all. Anambra State is quite bleeding profusely...

My heartfelt sympathy to everyone including me counting their losses. sad

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2019
Ezewuzie01:
Well if that is required let's go for it. But that should be Onitsha alone.
Perhaps. Onitsha is very important.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Ezewuzie01:

What went wrong was that the authorities responsible reverted back to type! It's a question of unqualified individuals who haven't got a clue being employed in the fire service, and them not taking their jobs seriously!

The fire service, just like the other safety critical agency of gov't....the ambulance services, should have a daily routine (preferably to be done every morning without fail) in which they check all their equipment and ensure they're all in working order! They should have a weekly test run, in which they are called out on a pretend emergency call, so they can check their response times, ease of access to ceratin areas, their equipment, and preparedness/capacity of their personnel!

The fire service should be responsible for setting standards in homes and public buildings which should be adhered to, with defaulters fined accordingly! They should also carry out a safety audit of all markets in built-up areas like Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka to ensure that access to these markets are left open at all times and not blocked at any point! One thing i would have done if i was in charge was also ensure all major markets are equipped with water tanks which should be topped up regularly and used for the toilets as well as the fire service if need be!

In this day and age, our markets need to be built with safety in mind and organised properly! The era of having 'batcher' stalls made of wood and and other flammable materials should be over: all markets that are not built with fire-retardent materials should have been knocked down and rebuilt!

The image of that poor woman and her child haunted me throughout the night!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 1:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
While the clownish peter obi media team are running around like headless chickens trying to politicize this sad occurence, real Anambra leaders are already making great moves to savage the situation..

Sequel to my statement yesterday where I promised to look into ways of ameliorating the plight of victims in yesterday's fuel tanker inferno, I have decided on the following steps.

1. Wounded victims are encouraged to go to the Saint Charles Borromeo Hospital & Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside where arrangements have been put in place to receive and treat them for free.

2. I shall be making a donation of 3 fire trucks to the Federal Fire Service in Onitsha to ensure they are better equipped to avert future occurrences like this.

3. In the nearest future, I will be announcing a scheme where we will work with SMEDAN to develop access to soft loans and grants for the affected youths with the view of getting them back on their feet.

4. I shall be working with my colleagues to explore the legislative option on the need To Regulate The Movement Of Heavy Duty Trucks On Our Trunk A Roads and Related Matters to prevent such calamities from ever happening again.

Yesterday's fire incident is highly regrettable and it is my fervent prayer that God comforts every victim of the disaster.

We will not be broken by this calamity. Ndi-Anambra are a strong resilient people. It is my belief that we will rise from the ashes of our losses like a Phoenix rises from its ashes, and lift ourselves to even greater heights. God bless you all.

Thank you.
Senator Princess Stella Oduah OON.
Anambra North Senatorial District.
Oct 17, 2019.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 18, 2019

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2019
Global Capital Strategy Session For Entrepreneurs and Emerging Business Owners In South East Nigeria Begins at Golden Tulip Agulu Lake Resort.

By Daniel Ezeigwe

Over five hundred entrepreneurs and start-ups from South East and some parts of the South South Nigeria are currently taking part in the global capital strategy session at the banquet hall of the Golden Tulip Agulu Lake Resorts, Anambra State.

The training is facilitated by the Nicky Okoye Foundation, a global entrepreneural, investment and business strategy network that opens up opportunities for entrepreneurs into the unfolding economic blueprints through training and networking.

The aim of the session, according to the organizers, is to develop a strategy to access the $250 billion dollars in global capital and positioning for the $6.6 trillion African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AFCFTA).

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
Anambra State Govt. Sets Up Support Fund For Onitsha Fire Accident Victims, Moves To Create A More Autonomous Fire Service

Since the fire of Wednesday, October 16, 2019, which occurred when a tanker laden with petrol fell on Upper Iweka in Onitsha and led to fire that spread up to Ochanja Market through the open drainage, people have been seeking from the government how they can assist the victims. The government is grateful to these people and many others who are moved by the tragedy. Truly, we are brothers' and sisters' keepers.

Governor Willie Obiano has, therefore, opened a bank account to assist the fire victims. It is known as the Anambra State Victims Support Account. The account number is 5030105029, Fidelity Bank PLC.

It is to be administered by the distinguished sons and daughters of our state who serve as trustees of the Anambra State Security Trust Fund led by Chief Chidi Anyaegbu, MFR, Chairman of Chisco Group.

All Anambra indigenes, friends, in - laws and well wishers are encouraged to give generously to our brothers and sisters who are now all of a sudden in dire need of assistance. Let us demonstrate, once more, our famed abundance of humanism.

Meanwhile, Governor Willie Obi has initiated a move to grant the Anambra State Fire Service greater autonomy. Subject to approval by the Anambra State House of Assembly, the law setting up the state Fire Service will be amended to make it independent of the state Ministry of Public Utilities or any other ministry. The autonomy will free it from unnecessary bureaucratic encumbrances and enable it to respond more effectively to the challenges of its mandate.

Consequently, the agency will have as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Air Vice Marshall Ben Chiobi, mni, who is currently the Special Adviser to the Anambra State Governor on Creative Security as well as Coordinator of the Anambra State Integrated Security System.

Once again, Governor Obiano and, indeed, the entire Anambra State Government thank all Nigerians, including President Muhammadu Buhari, for their solidarity since the fire of October 16. Anambra State will always be the Light of the Nation.

Signed

C. Don Adinuba
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
Anambra State Govt. Sets Up Support Fund For Onitsha Fire Accident Victims, Moves To Create A More Autonomous Fire Service

Since the fire of Wednesday, October 16, 2019, which occurred when a tanker laden with petrol fell on Upper Iweka in Onitsha and led to fire that spread up to Ochanja Market through the open drainage, people have been seeking from the government how they can assist the victims. The government is grateful to these people and many others who are moved by the tragedy. Truly, we are brothers' and sisters' keepers.

Governor Willie Obiano has, therefore, opened a bank account to assist the fire victims. It is known as the Anambra State Victims Support Account. The account number is 5030105029, Fidelity Bank PLC.

It is to be administered by the distinguished sons and daughters of our state who serve as trustees of the Anambra State Security Trust Fund led by Chief Chidi Anyaegbu, MFR, Chairman of Chisco Group.

All Anambra indigenes, friends, in - laws and well wishers are encouraged to give generously to our brothers and sisters who are now all of a sudden in dire need of assistance. Let us demonstrate, once more, our famed abundance of humanism.

Meanwhile, Governor Willie Obi has initiated a move to grant the Anambra State Fire Service greater autonomy. Subject to approval by the Anambra State House of Assembly, the law setting up the state Fire Service will be amended to make it independent of the state Ministry of Public Utilities or any other ministry. The autonomy will free it from unnecessary bureaucratic encumbrances and enable it to respond more effectively to the challenges of its mandate.

Consequently, the agency will have as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Air Vice Marshall Ben Chiobi, mni, who is currently the Special Adviser to the Anambra State Governor on Creative Security as well as Coordinator of the Anambra State Integrated Security System.

Once again, Governor Obiano and, indeed, the entire Anambra State Government thank all Nigerians, including President Muhammadu Buhari, for their solidarity since the fire of October 16. Anambra State will always be the Light of the Nation.

Signed

C. Don Adinuba
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment

AND WAT WILL IT TAKE TO REGULATE PETROL TANKER MOVEMENT?

WAT WILL IT TAKE TO RESERVE A SPECIAL ROUTE OR LANE FOR THEM?

OR IS IT WEN ALL OF U IN GOV LOSE ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IN TANKER EXPLOSION?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:02am On Oct 19, 2019
Frodd at ABS Digital Stations headquarters Awka. Frodd graduated from UNIZIK Awka few years back. He grew up in Onitsha. He is back to thank he numerous fans across Anambra, southeast and Nigeria in general.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 7:06am On Oct 19, 2019
AuntLaVIV:
Frodd at ABS Digital Stations headquarters Awka. Frodd graduated from UNIZIK Awka few years back. He grew up in Onitsha. He is back to thank he numerous fans across Anambra, southeast and Nigeria in general.

The lighting of the studio is too poor. A big turnoff to showoff guests.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2019
EasternActivist:

The lighting of the studio is too poor. A big turnoff to showoff guests.

This is audio(FM 88.5) studio, and not the visual(TV) studio where bright lights are needed . They are two different things

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2019
AuntLaVIV:

This is audio(FM 88.5) studio, and not the visual(TV) studio where bright lights are needed . They are two different things
Even if bright light is not needed it doesn't mean it should be in place, Other audio studios I have seen have good lighting systems. They can switch it on anytime they want especially when showing of guest or documentation.
Besides I already know we have what you call visual studio and audio studios.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:57am On Oct 19, 2019
EasternActivist:

Even if bright light is not needed it doesn't mean it should be in place, Other audio studios I have seen have good lighting systems. They can switch it on anytime they want especially when showing of guest or documentation.
Besides I already know we have what you call visual studio and audio studios.

Maybe probably it was dimmed. I am not a staff there, so I don't know the working of their studios. Cheers
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2019
AuntLaVIV:

Maybe probably it was dimmed. I am not a staff there, so I don't know the working of their studios. Cheers

I just made an observation, that should be improved on. I actually want the best. Cheers too wink

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
Awka ICC to be completed April 2020 - Obiano

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Tallest building in southeast Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
EasternActivist:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
In the midst of all these calamity Anambra state is swimming in, am short of words to qualify Gov Obiano...

His government was indeed a calamity to Anambra state. For one fall of an Anambrarian is a fall for all. Anambra State is quite bleeding profusely...

My heartfelt sympathy to everyone including me counting their losses. sad

I'm not praying.

ó ginidi..
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
AIRPEACE BOSS- ALLEN ONYEMA, FEANYI UBAH, IBETO, AND OTHERS ATTEND UNIZIK CMD's SON WEDDING IN AWKA

They attended the wedding ceremony of Adaeze Cecilia and Kenechukwu Anthony, held in Amazon Multipurpose Event Centre, Awka, Anambra.

Mr. Kenechukwu Anthony Igwebe is a son of Prof. Anthony Osita and Barriater Lady Theodora Okwy Igwebe.

Prof. Anthony Osita is a Chief Medical Director of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi.

Other prominet personalities in the event include: Chief Cletus Ibeto (Omeka Nnaya Nnewi), Chief Allen Onyema; Chairman/CEO of AirPeace Airline, Hon. Uche Okafor; Speaker Anambra State House of Assembly and others.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
FISH FARMING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Nkeonyemetalu Fish Farm is one of the largest fish farm in the country, with over 80,000 fishes, a fully functional hatchery, a giant industrial oven for smoking, a fish feed production unit (in process), and local smoking kilns.
You can get these services at Nkeonyemetalu Farms, at very affordable prices.
• Well-sized fresh fishes for commercial, events, and domestic purposes.
• Very tasty smoked fishes
• Hatch your fingerlings.
• Smoke your own fresh fishes.

#Nkeonyemetalu_Farms

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
More

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eastern plains integrated farms Igbariam

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eastern plains integrated farms Igbariam, Anambra State

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
23'10'19
Onitsha Chamber Of Commerce, Industry, Mines And Agriculture, ONICCIMA.

The Former Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Mr. PETER OBI speaks at the inauguration of Sir Chris Ukachukwu as the 13th President of Onitsha Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture and 2019/2021 Council at C.J Paterson Auditorium, All Saints Cathedral Onitsha, Anambra State.

Also in attendance were former CBN deputy governor and the former aviation minister, Prof. Kingsley Muoghalu and Chief Osita Chidoka.

Details of the speech follows.

Enjoy the photos by Okoye Arinze Cardinal

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
Another teenage brothel, ‘baby factory’ uncovered in Ogun

.We sleep with several men daily, victims allege

A brothel where underage girls are camped and sexually exploited has been uncovered by detectives attached to the Federal Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (FCIID) Alagbon in Ikoyi.

The place known as Dafog Hotel in Shimawa, a Lagos-Ogun border community was discovered at the wee hours of Wednesday and 14 women, two men arrested.

Those arrested were the owner Gbenga Olayinka, his nephew Adekunle Oshineye, 28, three adult commercial sex workers- Happiness Daniel, Favour Nkume and Glory Ewelike- as well as nine underage girls.

The girls gave their names as Chisom Onyekwere, Chinonso Okoro, Stella Emmanuel, Gift Wada, Chidinma Emmanuel, Tracy Favour, Success Onu, Comfort Francis, Njoku Divine, Destiny Chibuike and Amanda Chima.

The Nation reports that the girls were brought from Akwa Ibom, Kogi, Enugu and Imo States and were made to sleep with a minimum of four men daily at a fee ranging between N500 and N1,000 per client.

Some of the girls who spoke to reporters said they usually paid their boss N1,000 daily for the accommodation, claiming that their friends who were already staying there came to their respective villages to lure them.
Aside from making them sleep with men for money, it was gathered that the men usually take turns on them whenever they felt like.

Our Correspondent observed that most of the girls could not spell their names correctly, a development attributed to their drop out of primary school. It was also observed that none of them knew they were at risk of contracting Hepatitis B and C or Human Papillomavirus (HPV), the virus that causes cervical cancer through their sexual behaviours.

Explaining how the place was discovered, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Cordelia Nwawe said her boss Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) Usman Mani received intelligence about a baby factory in Shimawa on Tuesday night.

“The anti-trafficking team immediately moved to the location and throughout the night till about 10am on Wednesday, October 23, we were on operation in the area. We needed to locate that particular baby factory where underage females are kept.

“They carried out extensive investigation and found out that 16 females were housed there and engaged as sex workers.

“These girls engage men from the underworld and give them information on potential targets. They are used for high menace back in this country. Also note that weapons are usually hidden in places like this and so, the FCIID is out to carry out extensive investigation.

“The AIG FCIID has stressed that the police will not allow women to be moved to Lagos or any city in the country and turned into sex workers,” she said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/another-teenage-brothel-baby-factory-uncovered-in-ogun/
cc pazienza cococandy

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
OUR GOVERNMENT PEOPLE, PLEASE SEE THE ABOVE AND ANSWER WHICH TYPE OF LEADERSHIP U ARE PROVIDING FOR OUR PEOPLE.

NO DOUBT THE APPETITE OF YORUBA MEN FOR IGBO GIRLS HAVE GROWN ENORMOUSLY BUT IS IT LIKE THIS NOW?

cc pazienza cococandy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
COMMON TO SENSITIZE YOUR PEOPLE, UNA NO SABI.

PREVENT OR REDUCE THE CHANCES OF PETROL TANKER DEATH, UNA NO SABI.

FRANKLY SPEAKING, I AM GETTING ANNOYED.

cc pazienza cococandy

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
Fiscal sustainability index

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 4:21am On Oct 26, 2019
Anambralstson:
Fiscal sustainability index

The tragedy of this list is Abia State!
A state that should naturally have ranked among the top 3 is today nowhere to be found!

Chai,
Orji Uzor Kalu and Theodore Orji have murdered ABIA state!!!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:

The tragedy of this list is Abia State!
A state that should naturally have ranked among the top 3 is today nowhere to be found!

Chai,
Orji Uzor Kalu and Theodore Orji have murdered ABIA state!!!

Y cant Nnamdi Kanu pursue Abia development and looters.

Becos Buhari locked him up and of all people, it was the corrupt Orji Uzor Kalu that Buhari saw fit to send to Kanu.

U can imagine Kalu quickly allying with Kanu to go under the raider.

HoweverKanu did speak on the bad roads to his father house and blamed the Zoo government instead of Orji Uzor Kalu.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1320) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: hammer567, Ttipsy(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.