Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2083459 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (1320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VAQAXY: 6:42am On Oct 26, 2019
Anambra is on the top five.

God continue to Bless the light of the entire black race- United State of Anambra(USA)

Anambralstson:
Fiscal sustainability index

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2019
VAQAXY:
Anambra is on the top five.

God continue to Bless the light of the entire black race- United State of Anambra(USA)

Dont get too carried away with Nigeria manufactured data, they tend to be inaccurate and bias.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Obiano inspects ezu River road

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
Mcc bridge rehabilitation update

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
Operation pick your project: civic center handed over to the community

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
Zero flooding: clearing of drainages across the state

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
Work resumes at internal community roads in anambra

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
raker300:
Zero flooding: clearing of drainages across the state

In those ‘before and after’ pics, are they just going to leave the earth scooped out of the gutter by the roadside like that? This seems to be the norm!

We wouldn’t be having this problem of blocked gutters if they were cleared unfailingly at least once a week!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
IGBOSON1:

In those ‘before and after’ pics, are they just going to leave the earth scooped out of the gutter by the roadside like that? This seems to be the norm!

Exactly my concerns.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
IGBOSON1:

We wouldn’t be having this problem of blocked gutters if they were cleared unfailingly at least once a week!

Those tippers are there to cart away the silt, that has been the practice since this new ASWAMA management. I noticed that each LGA mobilise caterpillars on every sanitation day. Thump up to them

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
Am I the only one that think we need rural area planning commission to surpervise building construction and make sure they use satellite mapping and drones to carefully mandate the positioning of buildings in a befitting way, as opposed to wat we have now with people just building anyhow.

it is not too late to start rural planning, so we can still have place to farm.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:
Am I the only one that think we need rural area planning commission to surpervise building construction and make sure they use satellite mapping and drones to carefully mandate the positioning of buildings in a befitting way, as opposed to wat we have now with people just building anyhow.

To me, what you said is true but it’s not the priority right now. We need serious urban planning.

A big city like Onitsha is supposed to have its own independent major with their own budget and urban planning commission.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by asha80(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:

I dont see this working in any of the SE states

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
horsepower101:

To me, what you said is true but it’s not the priority right now. We need serious urban planning.

A big city like Onitsha is supposed to have its own independent major with their own budget and urban planning commission.

asha80:

The starting point in every development is creating access to that area.

what do we mean by access?

Roads, Railway, Waterway, Airport, Rail Stations, Deep Seaport and River Ports.

Y i said rural area, is becos the government are not the people building houses there but they can regulate the positioning of the houses in a befitting way to secure community farm space and even make sure buildings dont obstruct other building airways for breeze.

The way Rural building are coming up is unsustainable and needs regulation.

As for Onitsha, it needs urban regeneration approach, with newly built areas and market by Chinese to international standard.

We can keep GRA Onitsha but the rest building need to be surveyed to ensure stability and renovated to bring it into the 21st century or demolished.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:

The starting point in every development is creating access to that area.

what do we mean by access?

Roads, Railway, Waterway, Airport, Rail Stations, Deep Seaport and River Ports.

Y i said rural area, is becos the government are not the people building houses there but they can regulate the positioning of the houses in a befitting way to secure community farm space and even make sure buildings dont obstruct other building airways for breeze.

The way Rural building are coming up is unsustainable and needs regulation.

As for Onitsha, it needs urban regeneration approach, with newly built areas and market by Chinese to international standard.

We can keep GRA Onitsha but the rest building need to be surveyed to ensure stability and renovated to bring it into the 21st century or demolished.

Let’s get the urban planning right first then you can have something to show to rural dwellers as evidence. If not they will never understand your intentions.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
horsepower101:

Let’s the urban planning right first then you can have something to show to rural dwellers as evidence. If not they will never understand your intentions.

People need to notify their local land registry even in the Rural area of a building plan commission.

Then Local Government surveyors with the Rural area master plan will come to issue building certification grant, before u even put up a building.

This is straight forward and the government can make some money too.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
asha80:

There’s something not quite right about Nigerians (it’s not just the SE or Igbos)! Can’t quite put my finger on what it is!

I think the political elite pre 1966 coup (even with all their shortcomings) were a classier lot and more akin to the type of public servants and politicians found in the west! I think post 1966, the last of the Mohicans was Dee Sam Mbakwe! Despite the Nigerian political-economy that’s anti-progress and anti-Igbo, and but for the useless Buhari coup of 1983, if Dee Mbakwe had the chance to see out his two terms in office, the old Imo State would have set the standard for good governance and judicious use of funds for the entire country!

Another good administrator of the bygone era is Jakande!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:

People need to notify their local land registry even in the Rural area of a building plan commission.

Then Local Government surveyors with the Rural area master plan will come to issue building certification grant, before u even put up a building.

This is straight forward and the government can make some money too.

Lol. Did you mention local government? Lol

Local governments is there for formality. They don’t do anything. Their resources is concentrated in the hands of the state government. Some of them have no staff or even show up for work.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
horsepower101:

Lol. Did you mention local government? Lol

Local governments is there for formality. They don’t do anything. Their resources is concentrated in the hands of the state government. Some of them have no staff or even show up for work.

grin

Odiegwu Oo

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
raker300:
Obiano inspects ezu River road

Obiano should make sure the contractor does not end up pouring asphalt on ordinary graded clay road

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:

let us practice it in our cities before moving to the rural areas. The pics you even posted look like estates not rural communities

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
Unbiased1:

let us practice it in our cities before moving to the rural areas. The pics you even posted look like estates not rural communities

They are well planned residential community.

That same level master plan is urgently needed in the rural area in the East, else we run out of land or generally to utilise them well.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
I don't understand ANSG they are just wasting their time Isn't better to close those gullies than living it open, how was the drainage blocked in the first place if not because it was left open.

The Ezu River Road should be very wide.....make it up to to 4 lanes to open up the area now both sides are not occupied, than our normal style of thin and narrow roads

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
IGBOSON1:

My brother,

The reason the so called opening of the drains does not get any applause from me is that it's merely eye service.

If they truly want the situation not to repeat in a few days, they would immediately remove the sand they always leave at the edge of the gutter praying for the next rainfall to wash it back into the gutter and return to square one.

It's simply senseless to heap trash & sand beside the gutter each time they conduct these so called gutter "cleaning exercises", and miraculously hope the rubbish will not flow back into the gutter at the next rain fall. Most times if flows back the very same day when it rains at night thereby nullifying their so called work done during the day.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
Pictures from senator Ekwunife's Thanksgiving yesterday in Awka

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
AuntLaVIV:
Pictures from senator Ekwunife's Thanksgiving yesterday in Awka

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
From the event

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
Tiger food limited Awada Obosi

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
More

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Armon:
I don't understand ANSG they are just wasting their time Isn't better to close those gullies than living it open, how was the drainage blocked in the first place if not because it was left open.

The Ezu River Road should be very wide.....make it up to to 4 lanes to open up the area now both sides are not occupied, than our normal style of thin and narrow roads

Always writing trash.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
Pictures taken at Ekwueme road Awka overlooking the federal and state secretariat complexes

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeautifulMind2: 9:23am On Oct 28, 2019
The Managing Director, Easter Distilleries and Food Industries Limited, makers of Omega Aromatic Schnapps and other brands of Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, received a certificate of recognition as the Traditional Ruler of Omor.

Omor is a suburb in Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The MD will henceforth be recognised as His Royal Highness, Igwe Oranu Chris Chidume, Eze Ana-Ukwu, Eze Igulube of Omor.

The coronation proper which took place at his roya palace saw Omega Aromatic Schnapps take a central traditional position for the ceremony.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (1320) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Ttipsy(f), ebufa, ANSMEDIA, hammer567, rdokoye, NwekereNdokl and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.