Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2063131 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ABIAfirstman: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2020
Anambralstson:
Kindly watch this video from 11 minutes for more information about Anambra Cargo airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnCtjkYRWZA

Congratulations to Anambra people. I watched the video from beginning to end. Abia state should bombed because it is an embarrassment to us Abia people

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ABIAfirstman: 11:03am On Mar 21, 2020
eduj:

oh boy!!! this is a dream come true. Greater strides to Anambra

I tell you bro. Abia state my state which way.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ABIAfirstman: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2020
Anambra people should come and colonize Abia state. Look at how our leaders have been sharing our money since 1999, no wonder Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria. Abia state is in bondage

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ABIAfirstman: 11:07am On Mar 21, 2020
Anambra is developing, Enugu is developing, Ebonyi is developing, Imo is developing.

Why is the case of Abia state different. In Abia state we are yet to have a government since 1999. Aba is a disgusting dilapidated sewage pit toilet while Umahia is a village. Who will save Abia state.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by christejames(m): 11:23am On Mar 21, 2020
Anambralstson:

I just love the company Craneburg if you see the
standard roads they constructed in Epe and the streetlights, I'm so happy how they segmented the project

Bro, if you don't mind my asking, which company is handling the ICC project in Awka?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Awka icc is been done by chinese company zhongtian construction company

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
christejames:

Bro, if you don't mind my asking, which company is handling the ICC project in Awka?
ZTE construction company it's a foreign firm.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by christejames(m): 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
Thanks for the replies guys, I just can't wait for IDC to become a major player in construction in the country.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
Those who are too stubborn to heed words of wisdom will die like flies in Nigeria under the agenda planned for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58EByaQ1zo

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gidgiddy: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
pazienza:
Same individuals using multiple monikers to deceive themselves in the name of pitching Ndiigbo in Anambra against ourselves.
I hope no nwa amadi is stupid enough to fall for these stupid tricks by now.

They have been trying to derail this thread for a long time using multiple monikers

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2020
ChimaAgbalajob:
Those who are too stubborn to heed words of wisdom will die like flies in Nigeria under the agenda planned for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58EByaQ1zo

SEEMS AFTER ANAMBRA BAN ON PETROL TANKERS, THEY HAVE FOUND ANOTHER LOCATION WITH PIPELINE FOR COVER AND ATTACK.

ABULE ADO WAS A TERRORIST STRIKE ON NDIIGBO WITH 99% ACCURACY OF TARGET.

SOME IGBOS HAVE LOST EVERYTHING, LIFE BUSINESS AND HOME.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 22, 2020
A sign of maturity and civilization is the ability to disagree without abusing.

As for the airport:

1) There is nothing special about an airPORT - or a place where people can enter airplanes to transport them from point a to point b. Less than 5% of the Nigerian population has entered planes. The busiest airport in Nigeria MMIA sees around 3m passengers per year or 8,000 people per day. Contrast with over 50,000 people who arrive by bus at just Oshodi everyday.

2) An Airport is EXPENSIVE. An international runway to handle large jets must be a minium of 3KM length. There are taxiways, an airport control tower, radar, ILS needed. Altogether a decent airport to handle international operations should cost between $100-400m. Does Anambra state whose revenue is less than $300m have the money? Where is the Chinese consortium that Obiano and friends said would build the Umueri Airport for $2b? They have magically disappeared.

3) A well-built airport goes through an engineering design, environmental impact assessment before even an international tender process where engineering contractors are selected. This takes years. Has Anambra state government done any of the above? Or is "his excellency" the architect, the environmental engineer, and the tender-in-chief? Just look at the video - the Oyibo construction engineer is suppressing laughing as they tour the site.

4) Because international airports are expensive all international airports in Nigeria have been built by the Federal Government so why should Anambra state be different? Why is Lagos with revenue 10x Anambra not attempting building the Lekki International Airport that Fashola and friends envisioned? It says a lot that Lagos prioritized building standard BUS terminals over another airport. Is this not commensense over empty egotistical bravado?

5) The International airspace belongs to the federal government of Nigeria who MUST approve the status of an airport and approve flights into that airport. There are no shortcuts. Considerations for giving an airport international status is not only whether there are passengers ready to use it but whether it has all the relevant equipment and safety measures to handle international operations. I had a British classmate who flew private jets around Nigeria during Goodlucks era. He used to land at the Asaba Airport and called its runway a safety hazard. It was built by a too-know contractor called Uche Okpunor which had no experience building runways or airports even. Okowa had to scrap that runway and rebuild it at further billions. ANSG should do things properly.

6) As a status symbol an airport is nice to have but lets do a cost-benefit analysis. What is the point of another airport when Asaba, Owerri, Enugu are all 1 hour away? How valuable would a "cargo" airport really be in Anambra where 90% of goods come in via Lagos Port and then by road? Why are we spending billions on a vanity project when there are more pressing issues not addressed? How many of Anambra's cities have public water systems? How many of Anambra's cities are fully tarred? Arent these more important than an "airport". Lets not forget that Asaba airport despite over 40 billion spent will generate less than 100 million annually for the Delta State Government. That is like Maduka's skyscraper in Umuchukwu. An empty vanity project.

Wealthprosper:

How can you talk trash about we not needing an airport, you were making sense until that statement, no matter how we may fight together we still come together to support progress, I doubt if you are from anambra,

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VAQAXY: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2020
Trash trash trash

Stop breaking your head over this Anambra airport, it has come to stay. You fought this project for the past 3yrs and today you have failed woefully.

How do you miscreant know what we need most? You know all these and you are still miserable hopeless and useless, the only place your rants starts and ends is nairaland.

All those other airports you mentioned can close and use their facilities as warehouses once Anambra international airport is completed, since they are within one hour reach from each other.

Your inputs here are useless, worthless, hopeless and trashy. Anambra international airport has taken off, very soon, BY HIS GRACE planes shall start landing there . If you cannot take any of it, then use River Niger to end your frustration and misery. We give no damn. cheesy

[s]
mktinsight:
As for the airport:
1) There is nothing special about an airPORT - or a place where people can enter airplanes to transport them from point a to point b. Less than 5% of the Nigerian population has entered planes. The busiest airport in Nigeria MMIA sees around 3m passengers per year or 8,000 people per day. Contrast with over 50,000 people who arrive by bus at just Oshodi everyday.
2) An Airport is EXPENSIVE. An international runway to handle large jets must be a minium of 3KM length. There are taxiways, an airport control tower, radar, ILS needed. Altogether a decent airport to handle international operations should cost between $100-400m. Does Anambra state whose revenue is less than $300m have the money? Where is the Chinese consortium that Obiano and friends said would build the Umueri Airport for $2b? They have magically disappeared.
3) A well-built airport goes through an engineering design, environmental impact assessment before even an international tender process where engineering contractors are selected. This takes years. Has Anambra state government done any of the above? Or is "his excellency" the architect, the environmental engineer, and the tender-in-chief? Just look at the video - the Oyibo construction engineer is suppressing laughing as they tour the site.
4) Because international airports are expensive all international airports in Nigeria have been built by the Federal Government so why should Anambra state be different? Why is Lagos with revenue 10x Anambra not attempting building the Lekki International Airport that Fashola and friends envisioned? It says a lot that Lagos prioritized building standard BUS terminals over another airport. Is this not commensense over empty egotistical bravado?
5) The International airspace belongs to the federal government of Nigeria who MUST approve the status of an airport and approve flights into that airport. There are no shortcuts. Considerations for giving an airport international status is not only whether there are passengers ready to use it but whether it has all the relevant equipment and safety measures to handle international operations. I had a British classmate who flew private jets around Nigeria during Goodlucks era. He used to land at the Asaba Airport and called its runway a safety hazard. It was built by a too-know contractor called Uche Okpunor which had no experience building runways or airports even. Okowa had to scrap that runway and rebuild it at further billions. ANSG should do things properly.
6) As a status symbol an airport is nice to have but lets do a cost-benefit analysis. What is the point of another airport when Asaba, Owerri, Enugu are all 1 hour away? How valuable would a "cargo" airport really be in Anambra where 90% of goods come in via Lagos Port and then by road? Why are we spending billions on a vanity project when there are more pressing issues not addressed? How many of Anambra's cities have public water systems? How many of Anambra's cities are fully tarred? Arent these more important than an "airport". Lets not forget that Asaba airport despite over 40 billion spent will generate less than 100 million annually for the Delta State Government. That is like Maduka's skyscraper in Umuchukwu. An empty vanity project.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VAQAXY: 7:42am On Mar 22, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Wow,
Kiddos to the Anambra State government and able Governor, Willie Obiano and God Almighty, As work is going on the the airport site 24/7 and will be delivered as soon as possible.

Anambra International Airport Project, Umueri International Cargo Airport Will soon be a reality.

Great news. Anambra international airport is a goal. Anyone that is pained should use sniper cheesy

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VAQAXY: 7:43am On Mar 22, 2020
Anambralstson:

Three construction companies are handling the projects:
Craneburg is handling the runway, tower and lighting, China railway company is handling the terminal building while IDC is handling taxi way and drainage

Anambra international airport shall be the busiest airport in Nigeria after Abuja and Lagos, and maybe PH. Cool

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 22, 2020
Wealthprosper:

How can you talk trash about we not needing an airport, you were making sense until that statement, no matter how we may fight together we still come together to support progress, I doubt if you are from anambra,

He is from Imo state.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Wealthprosper: 9:14am On Mar 22, 2020
MelesZenawi:

He is from Imo state.

No wonder, Analysing what we need more you can imagine, the heart of man is truely wicked and jealous, no anambrarian would go against this. Even if we fight within ourselves when it comes to this (Airport)we unite and support it. Whether you support Obiano or not we unite and push for its speedy materialization. This is the true test to know a son of the soil. @mktinsight to hell with your already failed idea, you can as well shove to your anus idiot.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 22, 2020
"Success cannot be accomplished through ordinary vision, but requires a leader who is ahead of his time and looks to the future"

If you haven't, I encourage you to read chapter three of My Vision by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. It will guide you in understanding what sets great leaders apart and how people like you criticized the making of Dubai. Today we all long to go there.

[quote author=mktinsight post=87653328]A sign of maturity and civilization is the ability to disagree without abusing.

As for the airport:
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2020
[s]
mktinsight:

As for the airport:

[/s]

WEN I READ TRASH LIKE THIS, I START TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THE WORD OBSESSION.

PEOPLE ARE BUILDING A BEFITTING INTERNATIONAL CARGO TERMINAL IN THEIR STATE, U ARE CRYING.

LET ME ASK U, DO U THINK THAT WILL BE THE ONLY AIRPORT IN ANAMBRA?

I ASK BECOS, AFTER THIS CARGO TERMINAL, WE WILL STILL BUILD A WORLD CLASS PASSENGER TERMINAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AROUND ONITSHA.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2020
hammerT:
[s][/s]

WEN I READ TRASH LIKE THIS, I START TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THE WORD OBSESSION.

PEOPLE ARE BUILDING A BEFITTING INTERNATIONAL CARGO TERMINAL IN THEIR STATE, U ARE CRYING.

I ASK BECOS, AFTER THIS CARGO TERMINAL, WE WILL STILL BUILD A WORLD CLASS PASSENGER TERMINAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AROUND ONITSHA.

That One is for sure, We are only starting with one International Cargo Airport, they are crying... Very soon we will start another World Class Passenger International Airport, Because The Cargo is mainly for Business, Import and Export of Goods and Services National and Internationally

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
And Very soon they will remember the Expansion of River Niger to Serve as Seaport for Ndi Anambra and Eastern Nigeria, even Nigeria at its large
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2020
International Cargo wetin? I laugh at the empty, ignorant, boastful nature of some of you and await a third rate airport which has NO well known design or EIA or international tender or funding plan. Pathetic that the Igbos who call ourselves learned behave like children when it comes to matters of basic organization other African countries achieve for themselves.

In the organized world this is how airports are built:

2011 -2014: FEASIBILITY STUDY

Aug-2011. Tanzania Airports Authority announced the completion of a feasibility and design study for Msalato Airport, with support provided by the Arab Bank for Africa Development (BADEA). The Tanzanian Government is in discussions with development partners and financial institutions, including BADEA and the African Development Bank (AfDB) to source up to USD105 million to fund the project.

2016 - 2019: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment

https://esa.afdb.org/sites/default/files/Tanzania_Msalato%20International%20Airport%20Construction%20Project_ESIA_P-TZ-DA0-003_TRANSPORT.pdf

2019: Funding Achieved ($272m = 99b Naira)

AfDB approves $272m loan to build Msalato International Airport in Tanzania
WCN Editorial Team 20 Dec 2019 AFRICA BUILDINGS

The African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved a $272.12m loan for the construction of Msalato International Airport in Dodoma, Tanzania.

To be built in the district of Msalato, 12km from the Dodoma, the project includes the construction of high-capacity airport which will be able to accommodate the future expected growth in air transport in Tanzania.

The new airport is expected to accommodate around 50,000 aircraft and a million passengers annually, which will benefit and serve over 200 million passengers in East Africa, along with international trade networks, and especially business travellers and tourists.

Construction of the project will last for more than four years and it also includes the construction of a passenger terminal, a runway, air navigation equipment.

Additionally, the project comprises other related operational services which include a fuel distribution company, water supply systems, electrical power distribution substations and a fire-fighting service.

Of the total loan amount, AfDB will provide$198.6m and African Development Fund (ADF) will contribute $23.52m.

Furthermore, $50m will be provided in co-financing with the Africa Growing Together Fund (AGTF) which is a co-financing facility of the People’s Republic of China managed by AfDB.

AfDB infrastructure and urban development department director Amadou Oumarou said: “An expanded air transport network in Dodoma, together with the ongoing high-speed railway construction on the central corridor, are necessary infrastructure investments to help unlock and disperse spatial development in the countryside.

“This will strengthen the city’s potential as a strategic growth pole in keeping with Tanzania’ national development aspirations of fostering shared growth for all the regions.”

hammerT:
[s][/s]

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerT: 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
mktinsight:
International Cargo wetin? I laugh at the empty, ignorant, boastful nature of some of you and await a third rate airport which has NO well known design or EIA or international tender or funding plan. Pathetic that the Igbos who call ourselves learned behave like children when it comes to matters of basic organization other African countries achieve for themselves.

In the organized world this is how airports are built:

2011 -2014: FEASIBILITY STUDY

2016 - 2019: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment

2019: Funding Achieved ($272m = 99b Naira)

OUR CARGO AIRPORT IN ANAMBRA WILL BE WORLD CLASS AND CONSTRUCTED FOR THE NEXT 5 TO 10 YEARS.

WE WILL TAKE OUR TIME ON THIS ONE.

U WILL BE CRYING FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VAQAXY: 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
Another trash from an empty frustrated hopeless useless old man.

The Anambra international airport is ongoing, no amount of crying here by a none entity like you will even be noticed aside here on nairaland where you can only comment with free data.

Hopeless vagabond, you claim to be the only wise man but the only life you have is coming on nairaland to post unintelligent rubbish.

Your useless input is not needed here, go fix your miserable life and leave this thread alone or open your own thread and continue your rubbish there. We don't need your inputs. Get into your big empty head.

[s]
mktinsight:
International Cargo wetin? I laugh at the empty, ignorant, boastful nature of some of you and await a third rate airport which has NO well known design or EIA or international tender or funding plan. Pathetic that the Igbos who call ourselves learned behave like children when it comes to matters of basic organization other African countries achieve for themselves. In the organized world this is how airports are built:2011 -2014: FEASIBILITY STUDY2016 - 2019: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment2019: Funding Achieved ($272m = 99bNaira)
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by XANDERBOY85: 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
christejames:
Thanks for the replies guys, I just can't wait for IDC to become a major player in construction in the country.

You know some of their major constructions?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by okpalaAnambra: 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2020
hammerT:

OUR CARGO AIRPORT IN ANAMBRA WILL BE WORLD CLASS AND CONSTRUCTED FOR THE NEXT 5 TO 10 YEARS.

WE WILL TAKE OUR TIME ON THIS ONE.

U WILL BE CRYING FOR A VERY LONG TIME.
My Anambra is cursed and erosion ravaged enclave..we don't deserve an airport, erosion will carry it away
.let's use the Asaba and Owerri airports
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
More empty boasts. Anambra state government is POOR. Rwanda that recently expanded their airport has a of $2b compared to ANSG $269m. Heck even Liberia with the same population has a bigger budget.

Go and see how even poor African countries build and FUND projects. Here is how Rwanda is building its Bugesera International Airport which started off estimated to cost $400m and now will cost $1.5b:

2009 - 2011: FEASIBILITY STUDY & DESIGN (TPS Consult)

Govt to review Bugesera airport project
The government plans to reassess the technical design and costing of the new airport to be constructed in Bugesera District. In 2009, Government engaged British engineering firm, TPS, for a detailed technical and feasibility study towards developing the New Bugesera International Airport. ccording to the TPS study, the airport would cost an estimated US$600 million upon completion.
The government plans to reassess the technical design and costing of the new airport to be constructed in Bugesera District.

In 2009, Government engaged British engineering firm, TPS, for a detailed technical and feasibility study towards developing the New Bugesera International Airport.

According to the TPS study, the airport would cost an estimated US$600 million upon completion.

In an exclusive with The New Times, the Minister of Infrastructure, Albert Nsengiyumva, said they are exploring the possibility of downsizing the costing, to between US$300 and US 400 million.

“We are trying to avoid paying for something that is very costly and may not probably provide you with enough security in terms of retaining the investment made,” he said.

Nsengiyumva said the government’s initial option was to adopt a model known as BOT – “build, operate and transfer”, where a concession for a particular period is agreed upon with investors.

“This is something that happens in big infrastructural projects.”

The minister noted that in this case, the more costly the project is, the longer the concession period, which may pose a problem. He added that high cost projects also attract fewer investors.

The government is engaging other experts in the field and many, including the TAV Group – an airport construction firm from Turkey, have shown interest.

“A number of them are telling us that anything around between US$ 300 and 400 million would be possible”.

“We would like, by the end of the year, to reach a certain level of engagement, because we are sending out an expression of interest,” the minister said.

It is estimated that between 2015- 2025, the new airport would handle one million passengers and 150 million tonnes of cargo, annually.

2016: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
https://esa.afdb.org/sites/default/files/18%20UK11-24483_6_NBIA%20ESIA%20Socio-Economics_Chapter%2018.pdf'

2017: Rwanda signs BOT Concession to Mota-Engil with MIGA guarantee
https://www.miga.org/project/new-bugesera-international-airport-0

2019: Rwanda buys back stake from Mota-Engil and Qatar Takes 60% Stake in Project
https://www.newtimes.co.rw/news/ten-things-we-know-about-rwanda-qatar-airways-deal

Rocksvibes234:

That One is for sure, We are only starting with one International Cargo Airport, they are crying... Very soon we will start another World Class Passenger International Airport, Because The Cargo is mainly for Business, Import and Export of Goods and Services National and Internationally

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Zssk0003 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.