Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2091510 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by landforeast(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2020
Ndi Anambra
Nkea bu nke anyi

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by descarado: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2020
mktinsight:
Soludo pre-CBN was one of the foremost researchers in Nigeria at an economic think tank in Enugu while teaching at UNN. He was drafted by Obasanjo to develop the NEEDS/SEEDS economic reform framework along with Okonjo-Iweala. He was extremely energetic, ambitious, argued brilliantly and as a result of his work was rewarded with the CBN governorship position by Obasanjo.

Once he got to the CBN Soludo attempted to put into place some of the Korean Chaebol theories of his mentor (Ha Joon Chang) by forcing banks to merger to create super banks and trying to redenominate the currency. The outcome of those reforms was the boom in the stockmarket for bank stocks along with momentuous corruption. Soludo got rich. Maybe through bribes, maybe from stock speculation from inside information on those bank mergers and maybe from both. What we know is that he spent millions of dollars buying property in London and Abuja and relocated his wife and children to the UK.

With increased wealth, Soludo transformed into a politician. He delved into village politics trying to make his village in Isuofia an automous community. He also made an attempt to campaign for the Governorship of Anambra state under PDP with the help of Atiku Abubakar where he displayed his tailor-made thousand pound banker suits and rode in expensive SUV convoys. Of course he was a novice to the political game and lost. He attempted at a point to campaign for a position with the Buhari government by criticizing Okonjo-Iweala and the Goodluck Jonathan administration. Nothing came out of it.

Clearly knowing he is a poor politician but being desperate for power he cozied up to the Obiano administration to succeed him. Luckily for him, his policies as CBN Governor is what made people like Obiano rich and what helped Obiano to sell his stock in Fidelity and relocate to the United States. Obiano of course has entertained Soludo as a successor even while not really supporting anyone.

In 2021, there is no guarantee that Soludo is the chosen candidate for APGA. For a political outsider to be annointed he will have to bring more than friendship to the table. He will have to bring a deep bank account. He will also face a more formidable opposition than Obiano faced.
Let me correct one mistake I saw here.
Isuofia is a town in aguata lga.
U can't attempt to make a town an autonomous community.
If u are from anambra or imo, abia, etc u should have know the state that use villages, town and autonomous community.
The rest doesn't concern me.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:59am On Sep 17, 2020
Some videos of Anambra International Airport Tower. An insider working with the construction company had to manage to get these videos of the internal works ongoing at the Tower building.

The Tower building should be around 10 storey(height) by now. International airports of international standards have tall Tower buildings like the one being built in Anambra international airport.

The Tower building is being cast all through in line with the international best practices. My contact on the inside promised to get video/pictures of the Terminal Building soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=872W0smtTsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD72NEWr548

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2020
A
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
ATM machine built in the south east.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b24k4RikFPg
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 18, 2020
Soludo tried to make his village an autonomous community from Isuofia which isu-Anioma.

descarado:

Let me correct one mistake I saw here.
Isuofia is a town in aguata lga.
U can't attempt to make a town an autonomous community.
If u are from anambra or imo, abia, etc u should have know the state that use villages, town and autonomous community.
The rest doesn't concern me.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2020
It's not a bad thing nau, he's not even the first to seek for it

mktinsight:
Soludo tried to make his village an autonomous community from Isuofia which isu-Anioma.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
#BREAKING SEPTEMBER UPDATE!

The Second River Niger Bridge Onitsha.

Priority infrastructure project with major socioeconomic impact for Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Wow,
The land expanse is too much to the extent that u can't even see see the nearest construction.
12 storey tower.
Kudos to Anambra State governor and government.

International airport of international standards sure for we ndi Anambra April next year by God's grace

If they get the control tower & the runway right, the rest such as tarmac, taxiway and terminal building can easily be built and perfected over time.

The terminal building can be built in phases so that the first phase is a small building that basically allows the airport to begin operations as soon as the runway and tower are ready.

Gradual improvements over time with building the permanent imposing edifice of the final terminal building and completion of the taxiways can be done gradually as the airport is in operation and continues to develop. Similar to how Uyo airport started operations with the Runway, Control tower and a temporary terminal building. But today has completed the airport taxiways, and now working on the permanent superstructure of the final terminal building.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
I went to anambra international airport site today
Thanks God.
I'm really impressed with what I saw, runway is about 70% done, control tower is currently on the 8 floor, massive work going on the apron, taxiway is fine also, work is smoothly going on the airport road, but airport site is very far from the road shaa.

But the terminal building, I don't really understand. They said 2 terminals and 1 cargo.
I don't whether it's the cargo or terminal that I saw. But work is massively going on there contractors are working hardly.

Thanks for Obiano

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
Those that visits the site #, Ceegar, American quarters, ansmedia and others
Please that building that's a bit far from the apron is what??

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Please we need image of the terminal building and cargo areas, taxiway and current stage of the parallel runway

Rocksvibes234:
I went to anambra international airport site today
Thanks God.
I'm really impressed with what I saw, runway is about 70% done, control tower is currently on the 8 floor, massive work going on the apron, taxiway is fine also, work is smoothly going on the airport road, but airport site is very far from the road shaa.

But the terminal building, I don't really understand. They said 2 terminals and 1 cargo.
I don't whether it's the cargo or terminal that I saw. But work is massively going on there contractors are working hardly.

Thanks for Obiano

....after all your posts above.......
......and you still went there and saw all you saw without pictures grin grin grin

Okay, its my turn to go. grin grin

Obiano will soon post mopol there to flog anyone caught taking pictures to come and ruin the surprise grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fleshly: 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
#BREAKING SEPTEMBER UPDATE!

The Second River Niger Bridge Onitsha.

Priority infrastructure project with major socioeconomic impact for Nigeria.

God bless you for the update. But methinks the pace of work on this 2NB is incredibly slow!!!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2020
Bro snapping is not allowed,
U can only snap only the runway. That's all u are allowed

Cjrane2:

....after all your posts above.......
......and you still went there and saw all you saw without pictures grin grin grin

Okay, its my turn to go. grin grin

Obiano will soon post mopol there to flog anyone caught taking pictures to come and ruin the surprise grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abagworo(m): 12:08am On Sep 19, 2020
State Government Grants Funds for Refinery Project
Monday, November 5, 2007
The local government of Nigeria’s Anambra State has approved the granting of an additional 500 million naira to Orient Petroleum Resources for the construction of a refinery within the state. Anambra governor, Peter Obi, said the government’s investment in the company was to assist it to achieve its goals. Orient plans the refinery project to be up and running in 2009.
The refinery project is expected to generate revenues and employment for people in the state. While some residents will be displaced, Obi said that compensation would be offered to them for the use of their land.
The state government in Anambra plans to invest between 5-10% of its annual budget on projects to generate income for the state.

https://www.petroleumafrica.com/state-government-grants-funds-for-refinery-project/

Any news about this refinery? It was expected to start production in 2009 but this is 2020 and no information about the products from this supposed refinery in the last 11 years.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abagworo(m): 12:16am On Sep 19, 2020
Obi assures support for construction of Nnewi Mall
7 years ago

CONSTRUCTION of the proposed shopping mall for Nnewi would commence in a few days time, Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has said.

Obi ,who spoke yesterday at the inspection of the ongoing Agulu Lake Hotel and Resort with two new bridges, said other malls at Awka and Nnewi were ongoing.

“The mall at Onitsha and Awka are ongoing. In a few days we shall start that of Nnewi. We had planned these things and have enough money set aside for them. We shall also start the three Arms Zone, for which we also have enough Money set aside,” Obi stressed.”

He further assured said the state government had enough money to complete all the projects being embarked upon by his administration across the state.

https://thenationonlineng.net/obi-assures-support-for-construction-of-nnewi-mall/amp/

7 years later have Nnewi and Awka malls been completed? What happened to the money already set aside for their completion and why didn't Peter Obi complete them before handover? How will Nigeria develop with all these insincere claims from elected officials?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast: 12:44am On Sep 19, 2020
Useless cursed old man, instead of you to face your cursed backward worthless useless hopeless Imo state where your incompetent hopeless Uzodimma has destroyed from where okoroawusa stopped.

[s]
Abagworo:
Obi assures support for construction of Nnewi Mall
7 years agoONSTRUCTION of the proposed shopping mall for Nnewi would commence in a few days time, Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has said.Obi ,who spoke yesterday at the inspection of the ongoing Agulu Lake Hotel and Resort with two new bridges, said other malls at Awka and Nnewi were ongoing.b]“The mall at Onitsha and Awka are ongoing. In a few days we shall start that of Nnewi. We had planned these things and have enough money set aside for them. We shall also start the three Arms Zone, for which we also have enough Money set aside,” Obi stressed.”e further assured said the state government had enough money to complete all the projects being embarked upon by his administration across the state.[/https://thenationonlineng.net/obi-assures-support-for-construction-of-nnewi-mall/amp/
7 years later have Nnewi and Awka malls been completed? What happened to the money already set aside for their completion and why didn't Peter Obi complete them before handover? How will Nigeria develop with all these insincere claims from elected officials?
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abagworo(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2020
oneeast:
Useless cursed old man, instead of you to face your cursed backward worthless useless hopeless Imo state where your incompetent hopeless Uzodimma has destroyed from where okoroawusa stopped.

[s][/s]

I will also face Imo or any other State in due time. What I wrote up there requires an intelligent and reasonable mind to ask such questions.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2020
Hopeless frustrated old man, I asked you similar questions in Imo thread, go and answer the question. When you do, I will post more for you to answer, because your useless Imo state has more abandoned projects than any other state in Nigeria. So much funds were borrowed and looted in the guise of building projects in Imo state. No wonder imo state is the 8 most indebted state in Nigeria with nothing to show except bad roads and under development.

[s]
Abagworo:

will also face Imo or any other State in due time. What I wrote up there requires an intelligent and reasonable mind to ask such questions.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kettykin: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2020
How is Ebonyi Governor doing all he is constructing with such a low debt profile, there is so much to learn from umahi, you might not like his face or his person but he is performing and all south east might need to learn a few things from him.

another suggestion is that instead of ebonyi to build the airport alone , how about combining with 2 or 3 states like Abia , Enugu to build an Airport close to the 3 states and share the cost and the revenue

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by tchainssavage(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2020
Abagworo:
State Government Grants Funds for Refinery Project
Monday, November 5, 2007
The local government of Nigeria’s Anambra State has approved the granting of an additional 500 million naira to Orient Petroleum Resources for the construction of a refinery within the state. Anambra governor, Peter Obi, said the government’s investment in the company was to assist it to achieve its goals. Orient plans the refinery project to be up and running in 2009.
The refinery project is expected to generate revenues and employment for people in the state. While some residents will be displaced, Obi said that compensation would be offered to them for the use of their land.
The state government in Anambra plans to invest between 5-10% of its annual budget on projects to generate income for the state.

https://www.petroleumafrica.com/state-government-grants-funds-for-refinery-project/

Any news about this refinery? It was expected to start production in 2009 but this is 2020 and no information about the products from this supposed refinery in the last 11 years.
Lol nigga are you alright orient petroleum are currently funding for the anambra international cargo airport, the refinery is close to the airport so they would be the ones fueling all the aeroplanes when the airport is done

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 9:03am On Sep 19, 2020
tchainssavage:

Lol nigga are you alright orient petroleum are currently funding for the anambra international cargo airport, the refinery is close to the airport so they would be the ones fueling all the aeroplanes when the airport is done

The bastard is an attention seeker, I have posed the questions to him on his Imo thread. There are over 1000 abandoned projects all over Imo state. The annoying thing is that Imo state government borrowed for all those projects but the funds were looted and projects abandoned. This can only explain the high debt profile of Imo state with zero infrastructure on ground.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2020
kettykin:
How is Ebonyi Governor doing all he is constructing with such a low debt profile, there is so much to learn from umahi, you might not like his face or his person but he is performing and all south east might need to learn a few things from him.

another suggestion is that instead of ebonyi to build the airport alone , how about combining with 2 or 3 states like Abia , Enugu to build an Airport close to the 3 states and share the cost and the revenue

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2020
6-lanes Anambra international airport road under construction. The road is about 10km stretch to the airport. From the information available they have done earthworks and granite up to 8km, remaining 2km to reach the airport site before the actual asphalt starts. As at the time of getting the pictures, massive work that involves about 5 major contractors were at the airport precinct working to beat the commissioning date.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
8-lanes Anambra international airport road under construction. The road is about 10km stretch to the airport. From the information available they have done earthworks and granite up to 8km, remaining 2km to reach the airport site. As at the time of getting the pictures, massive work that involves about 5 major contractors were at the airport precinct working to beat the commissioning date.

Y not 10 lanes?

Wat does it take to add 2 more?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2020
hammer3:

Y not 10 lanes?

Wat does it take to add 2 more?

6 or 8 is ok. It is actually 6, not 8. Most Nigerian airports have just 4lanes access with exception of Abuja and Lagos that have 8 or 10.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 10:33am On Sep 19, 2020
ANSMEDIA:

6 or 8 is ok. Most Nigerian airports have just 4lanes access with exception of Abuja and Lagos that have 10 .

Yes this airport is bigger and better than Abuja and Lagos, so y not 10 lanes.

We build by factoring future transport requirement in mind.

Anambra is a cosmopolitan city, people abroad might not want to arrive Lagos or Abuja but come straight home to conduct their business.

Wat happens wen it gets really busy?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 10:35am On Sep 19, 2020
Besides the extra two lanes on both sides can serve as pull over spot.

Let us try and do things once and for all, so we can move to something else.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2020
kettykin:

I would have preferred a coordinated approach to development for the entire south-east, but this isn't possible given present day political and structural realities! If i had my way, we'd return back to the Eastern Region, with a central gov't coordinating things from Enugu, while the present state delineations can still be kept, but with the states having some kind of federal autonomy to run their own affairs.

With such a situation, any state that wants a airport can still build one, but in this case the central gov't in Enugu will link the entire region by rail and extend it to at least two seaports. A seaport could built at Obuaku (all we need do is widen and dredge the waterway leading up to the Atlantic); we could partner with Opobo to build one there (this will need a super rail-bridge to link Opobo with the mainland); another option is to link with ports in Akwa-Ibom or Calabar.

These ideas can only materialise with a centralised gov't for the entire south-eastern region. We saw this kind of rapid, well thought out and coordinated approach to development in the Eastern Region when all parts were touched in the regions development plan: from Nkalagu to Enugu to Owerri to Aba to Port Harcourt to Calabar....every part of the region was included and had a sense of belonging.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
6-lanes Anambra international airport road under construction. The road is about 10km stretch to the airport. From the information available they have done earthworks and granite up to 8km, remaining 2km to reach the airport site before the actual asphalt starts. As at the time of getting the pictures, massive work that involves about 5 major contractors were at the airport precinct working to beat the commissioning date.

They should plant trees on both sides of the road to make the drive to and from the airport scenic and impressive for visitors, investors and tourists coming into the state. Also, world class route signage should be included in the construction.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrep: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

I would have preferred a coordinated approach to development for the entire south-east, but this isn't possible given present day political and structural realities! If i had my way, we'd return back to the Eastern Region, with a central gov't coordinating things from Enugu, while the present state delineations can still be kept, but with the states having some kind of federal autonomy to run their own affairs.

With such a situation, any state that wants a airport can still build one, but in this case the central gov't in Enugu will link the entire region by rail and extend it to at least two seaports. A seaport could built at Obuaku (all we need do is widen and dredge the waterway leading up to the Atlantic); we could partner with Opobo to build one there (this will need a super rail-bridge to link Opobo with the mainland); another option is to link with ports in Akwa-Ibom or Calabar.

These ideas can only materialise with a centralised gov't for the entire south-eastern region. We saw this kind of rapid, well thought out and coordinated approach to development in the Eastern Region when all parts were touched in the regions development plan: from Nkalagu to Enugu to Owerri to Aba to Port Harcourt to Calabar....every part of the region was included and had a sense of belonging.
We already have a center operating from enugu (SE gov's forum) but it must remain weak and states should be allowed to develop at their pace. Example, umahi championed the course for enugu airport repair in his capacity as gov forum chairman but also pursuing his own state airport project

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.