Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,520 members, 7,865,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2121384 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeautifulMind2: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
Gov Obiano flags 2018 farming season

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeautifulMind2: 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
BeautifulMind2:
Gov Obiano flags 2018 farming season

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeautifulMind2: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
More

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
Cyclist spotted on the ever busy River Niger bridge Onitsha. Gateway City to Eastern Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
THE NEW Archdiocesan Trinity Book Centre and the reconstructed Waterside Hospital Chaplaincy Chapel ONITSHA ANAMBRA STATE.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
M

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
The Supreme Court of Nigeria has ordered the management of Guaranty Trust Bank to pay Innocent Chukwuma, chairman of Innoson Group a sum of N12 billion within 14 days.

In a statement released on Thursday by Cornel Osigwe, Innoson Group’s head of corporate communications, the court struck the motion for stay of execution of the Enugu court of appeal division’s order that GT Bank pays N6 billion into an interest yielding account.

More to follow…

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/breaking-supreme-court-orders-gtbank-pay-innoson-boss-n14bn-14-days/amp

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by asha80(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
Call07034780891:
The Supreme Court of Nigeria has ordered the management of Guaranty Trust Bank to pay Innocent Chukwuma, chairman of Innoson Group a sum of N12 billion within 14 days.

In a statement released on Thursday by Cornel Osigwe, Innoson Group’s head of corporate communications, the court struck the motion for stay of execution of the Enugu court of appeal division’s order that GT Bank pays N6 billion into an interest yielding account.

More to follow…

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/breaking-supreme-court-orders-gtbank-pay-innoson-boss-n14bn-14-days/amp
not entirely correct. the money is to be paid into and interest yielding account provided by the court pending the hearing of the appeal

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
asha80:
not entirely correct. the money is to be paid into and interest yielding account provided by the court pending the hearing of the appeal

Don't get it! undecided

The supreme court has made a ruling in favour of INNOSON! What appeal again are we talking about, and who are they going to appeal to...God? undecided
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 1:08am On Jun 08, 2018
Call07034780891:

More to follow…

Everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner.

Banks that pilfer peoples money should know that one day they will be caught and they will pay back what they stole.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kabrudrapist: 4:38am On Jun 08, 2018
Oga080666419419:
see how these places still look beautiful just because whites are still running the plant, when they go back and leave the management in the hands of black Africa in two years Premier Breweries will be a heaven to compare with what the place will be turned into.

nice one
Any time i remember what Arthur Eze and his goons did to premier breweries, i suffer a breakdown. When premier was booming, Nigerian breweries and guiness were no match to it.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:43am On Jun 08, 2018
Our own South-East Computer and GSM Village is here right now in the city of Onitsha @ the new GSM & Computer Mega Center along Onitsha-Asaba Highway, Onitsha- Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by asha80(m): 6:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Xander85:

Don't get it! undecided

The supreme court has made a ruling in favour of INNOSON! What appeal again are we talking about, and who are they going to appeal to...God? undecided
nope.. the court said before they hear any appeal by gtb in which gtb filed to the supreme court after the high court ruled in favour of innoson that the said money is to be paid to innoson has to be paid into an interest yielding account provided by the court before they even listen to that appeal filed by gtb

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:47am On Jun 08, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Our own South-East Computer and GSM Village is here right now in the city of Onitsha @ the new GSM & Computer Mega Center along Onitsha-Asaba highways, Onitsha- Nigeria.
What happens to Emeka Offor plaza, are they relocating or what?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:53am On Jun 08, 2018
Yyeske:

Onitsha is expanding and so is it's economy. Emeka Offor plaza can no longer effectively serve the city and thousands of shoppers from across the SE and Nigeria at large that moves into the city on daily basis to shop. This present realities necessitated another location that will serve as GSM/Phones and Computer/accessories sales and services in the city.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bobnatlo(m): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2018
Guys u should pipe low on this GTBank Innosson judgement. Because it's not entirely correct. For now, it's only reported by only blog sites and not major news outlets or medias. Even if this is true y is Innosson now speaking for the the supreme Court.Already GTBank has come out to deny this report. In anyway they'll likely settle out of court

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:32am On Jun 08, 2018
Yyeske:
Emeka Offor plaza is too small & congested for a mega city like Onitsha!. There are other plazas in Onitsha like Ochanja, Mtn Plaza @ Owerri rd. Etc dealing on Gsm and other telephone accessories.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 11:32am On Jun 08, 2018
This is the Atani - Ozubulu 5.6km road project with two phases, 1 and 2 being executed by Tamad Construction Ltd and IDC Ltd respectively. This road has been completed and is ready to be handed over officially to the Anambra State government.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Our own South-East Computer and GSM Village is here right now in the city of Onitsha @ the new GSM & Computer Mega Center along Onitsha-Asaba Highway, Onitsha- Nigeria.

They should build more of these types of market along the Nkpor - Awka axis of the expressway.
Those street traders should be given opportunity to own shops in these markets. The state should help make the place accessible by building a big bus stop right inside the area to facilitate bringing goods into and out of the area.

I wish the government will seriously begin to think about creating big modern markets in Nkpor, Ogidi, Umuoji and Oba even up to Uli. These will help decongest Onitsha main market and help new areas grow economically. The problem with Africa is that once something is built in the 1960s to cater for 50,000 persons, the subsequent generations will not even have the sense to build a bigger one now that the population had multiplied to 5,000,000 persons. I will a conscious effort is made to decongest Onitsha and create modern main markets around the city.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
This is the Atani - Ozubulu 5.6km road project with two phases, 1 and 2 being executed by Tamad Construction Ltd and IDC Ltd respectively. This road has been completed and is ready to be handed over officially to the Anambra State government.

The land accessed by this road will open the way for adequate land for industrialization and even commercial farming. Most of the land is swampy but it is because the Idemili river does not have any access into the River Niger because the town of Atani and Odekpe have been built directly over the River course. So the river deposits all its water in the land just behind the town of Odekpe and that is why the whole area is swampy.

If somebody can create a small canal to make sure the Idemili river water continues in its path and gets into the River Niger, this area will be drained of the swampy water and good for any type of activity.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
Cjrane2:

The land accessed by this road will open the way for adequate land for industrialization and even commercial farming. Most of the land is swampy but it is because the Idemili river does not have any access into the River Niger because the town of Atani and Odekpe have been built directly over the River course. So the river deposits all its water in the land just behind the town of Odekpe and that is why the whole area is swampy.

If somebody can create a small canal to make sure the Idemili river water continues in its path and gets into the River Niger, this area will be drained of the swampy water and good for any type of activity.

This is a place I ply almost all the time going to village, from Atani you get Udoji Building at Ozubulu. The entire place is swampy, it will be good for rice farming and palm wine tapping. From Atani to Ozubulu is more than 40KM of swampy wetland.

Idemili river flows into river Niger through Oba down to Harbor Industrial Area, there is bridge connecting Harbour and Iyiowa from there Idemilli River emptied into River Niger.

Atani and Odekpe are far from Idemilli, Odekpe is not even obstructing any river because it's situated beside River Niger while Atani as well have similar topography with Odekpe, Ohita is the town in between both.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2018
Emeka Offor Plaza inside main market has been filled. Onitsha is the economic capital of the SE so no amount of plazas and shopping malls will be enough. I heard that NEXT CASH N' CARRY has acquired the large expanse of land for mall development just besides Zik's house at Limca road.

Yyeske:

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
Call07034780891:
Emeka Offor Plaza inside main market has been filled. Onitsha is the economic capital of the SE so no amount of plazas and shopping malls will be enough. I heard that NEXT CASH N' CARRY has acquired the large expanse of land for mall development just besides Zik's house at Limca road.

When are they starting, Pita Obi is so foolish that he has not supermarket in a state he ruled for 8 years, it's disgusting.
Agulu Lake Hotel is taking forever to be opened, after Christmas una talk new year, after new year na Easter

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nwanne kedu ije? You no return my call. cheesy

Well my elder brother who's a personal friend to Peter Obi's younger brother told me that NEXT acquired that site beside Zik's house. It is nothing but their mall that they want to site there.

For Golden Tulip i think what's delaying the opening is the golf course they are trying to add at the back side. Let's see how it plays out.

DawatNama:

When are they starting, Pita Obi is so foolish that he has not supermarket in a state he ruled for 8 years, it's disgusting.
Agulu Lake Hotel is taking forever to be opened, after Christmas una talk new year, after new year na Easter
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 7:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
Call07034780891:

You, ANSMEDIA and investnow are right about the relocation of the GSM market.
You made mention of this new mall at Limca road, don't you think that place as well is already congested?
After Zik's house, it's that seminary school then St Borromeo's hospital, the rest are all residential and so congested as we speak so where exactly is the mall to be located?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
I don't have all the details. Just like i said earlier, i was told, the same am telling you right now. They said that NEXT acquired land at Limca road.

Yyeske:
You, ANSMEDIA and investnow are right about the relocation of the GSM market.
You made mention of this new mall at Limca road, don't you think that place as well is already congested?
After Zik's house, it's that seminary school then St Borromeo's hospital, the rest are all residential and so congested as we speak so where exactly is the mall to be located?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
Call07034780891:
I don't have all the details. Just like i said earlier, i was told, the same am telling you right now. They said that NEXT acquired land at Limca road.

No problem bro but I'm still trying to figure out where that land could be along that axis.
I'd ask around though
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 12:44am On Jun 09, 2018
DawatNama:

This is a place I ply almost all the time going to village, from Atani you get Udoji Building at Ozubulu. The entire place is swampy, it will be good for rice farming and palm wine tapping. From Atani to Ozubulu is more than 40KM of swampy wetland.

Idemili river flows into river Niger through Oba down to Harbor Industrial Area, there is bridge connecting Harbour and Iyiowa from there Idemilli River emptied into River Niger.

Atani and Odekpe are far from Idemilli, Odekpe is not even obstructing any river because it's situated beside River Niger while Atani as well have similar topography with Odekpe, Ohita is the town in between both.

Oga, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. You got me laughing so hard. I just have to say something lol...
The fact you passed there a few times does not mean you know the charted and documented course of Idemili river. Please do your self a favor and go into some of the universities such as UNIZIK or UNN and look for Dissertation work of Geology doctoral or even Masters students and you will learn better about tributaries of that river forming marshlands, meandering of Rivers, Flood plains, Deltas and estuaries. I am sure if you read well, you will understand that everything in the world isn't just a straight line path. You will also learn a lot about Anambra topography and why we are so prone to erosion. People have done these research and they are available if you have time to read them.

What you have written exposes a lot about your understanding River tributaries,marshland formation and deltas. Just to put it in perspective if i can. It is like if a huge dam is built in Niamey, Niger Republic and diverts 100% of River Niger elsewhere into the Sahara desert, somebody in Onitsha then explain the phenomenon of suddenly dry River Niger at Onitsha by saying Niamey is more that 1000 KM away from Onitsha, so no matter what happens to the River at Niamey, the water in Onitsha will remain the same lolz... Well, he forgot that the same River Niger that is in Niamey is the same River he sees in Onitsha lol.... grin
You need to read about Mungo Park men! grin

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 5:08am On Jun 09, 2018
Cjrane2:

Oga, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. You got me laughing so hard. I just have to say something lol...
The fact you passed there a few times does not mean you know the charted and documented course of Idemili river. Please do your self a favor and go into some of the universities such as UNIZIK or UNN and look for Dissertation work of Geology doctoral or even Masters students and you will learn better about tributaries of that river forming marshlands, meandering of Rivers, Flood plains, Deltas and estuaries. I am sure if you read well, you will understand that everything in the world isn't just a straight line path. You will also learn a lot about Anambra topography and why we are so prone to erosion. People have done these research and they are available if you have time to read them.

What you have written exposes a lot about your understanding River tributaries,marshland formation and deltas. Just to put it in perspective if i can. It is like if a huge dam is built in Niamey, Niger Republic and diverts 100% of River Niger elsewhere into the Sahara desert, somebody in Onitsha then explain the phenomenon of suddenly dry River Niger at Onitsha by saying Niamey is more that 1000 KM away from Onitsha, so no matter what happens to the River at Niamey, the water in Onitsha will remain the same lolz... Well, he forgot that the same River Niger that is in Niamey is the same River he sees in Onitsha lol.... grin
You need to read about Mungo Park men! grin

How can you say Idemilli River have no access to the River Niger?
The bridge that connects Harbor and Iyiowa which river flows beneath it directly from Oba similar pattern it flows beneath the bridge along Onitsha - Owerri Road after Obosi bypass.

Even before Iyiowa not Odekpe started seeing development Atani Ozubulu axis have been a wetland.

How can Odekpe and Atani block Idemilli River when Odekpe is on the bank of the river Niger with Atani separated from the wetland by Atani Road.

Building of dam to divert water is different from these claim of yours.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
The Ongoing Entrance Examination happening now at the famous CKC ONITSHA, I mean a School that is proudly enough to have produced three Executives Governor's (Fmr Gov of Rivers State ,Gov Peter Odili, Fmr Gov of Anambra state Gov. Peter Obi and the current Gov of Anambra state His Excellency Gov Willie Mmaduaburochukwu Obiano) .

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
You are right!. Idemili river do flow directly into the river Niger!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
THE FIRST ULTRA MODERN SEED LABORATORY WAS COMMISSIONED TODAY IN ANAMBRA STATE

In Anambra, we are always steps ahead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1329) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.