Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,624 members, 7,865,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2121705 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
Andy Umeoji Road Awka recently completed by Obiano

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
ABS film academy students at a movie scene in Anambra

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AKswift: 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
Anambralstson:
Andy Umeoji Road Awka recently completed by Obiano

These roads should be properly marked.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
DawatNama:

How can you say Idemilli River have no access to the River Niger?
The bridge that connects Harbor and Iyiowa which river flows beneath it directly from Oba similar pattern it flows beneath the bridge along Onitsha - Owerri Road after Obosi bypass.

Even before Iyiowa not Odekpe started seeing development Atani Ozubulu axis have been a wetland.

How can Odekpe and Atani block Idemilli River when Odekpe is on the bank of the river Niger with Atani separated from the wetland by Atani Road.

Building of dam to divert water is different from these claim of yours.

Oga,
May be the way i said it offended you. But suffice to say that this is something that i studied waaay back in school. Other people have similarly researched on this topic. Let me try and use the picture below to explain to you how the natural phenomenon of Marshaland develop using the case of Idemili river. I apologize if you thought i was teaching you Geology. Perhaps because i knew this topic, your post made me laugh, So, i'm sorry for laughing.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
The border communities in Anambra state are the new killing grounds for the Fulani herdsmen.

Now the tie up women in their farm, rape them before butchering them like animals.

This is exactly why the IGP wanted to disarm Anambra people because he knew their plot to invade the state was close. it has finally started. The youths in all these villages should simply defend themselves.

The is a war of elimination going on secretly by those piloting these wars against us from Abuja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKTPtvsZGo

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 7:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
OreMI22:
The border communities in Anambra state are the new killing grounds for the Fulani herdsmen.

Now the tie up women in their farm, rape them before butchering them like animals.

This is exactly why the IGP wanted to disarm Anambra people because he knew their plot to invade the state was close. it has finally started. The youths in all these villages should simply defend themselves.

The is a war of elimination going on secretly by those piloting these wars against us from Abuja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKTPtvsZGo

I have always advocated for our people to stop or reduce the consumption of beef and instead eat more chicken and fish.
Personally, i eat chicken and turkey even in soups and stew and its much better and healthier.

Culture of eating beef in our environment is partly what is driving all the cows in northern Nigeria into our farms because there is market for it.

people performing ceremonies in Igboland should learn to stop buying cows for the celebrant. Instead, give him the equivalent N300,000 - 500,000 naira in an envelop and still carry the rope to show you bought a cow. Buying 20 cows for people and then they have to sell them at discount of more than N200, 000 back to herdsmen means you actually gave them about N50,000 even though your cow cost N250,000 naira. I just hope we change the bad aspects of our culture that is encouraging the current slaughter of our people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
With some friends from Ghana atop Awka beautiful flyover.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2018
Anambra delegation understudies Lagos counterpart
Posted By: Our Reporter On: June 9, 2018 In:

A delegation of environmentalists from Anambra State has praised the “greening initiative” of the Lagos State Government

Members of the team, led by Anambra State Leisure Parks & Street Beautification Managing Director, Mrs. Ify Atogu, said they were highly impressed with what they saw in the state.

Atogu spoke as the delegation concluded a week-long tour of Lagos State Parks and Gardens (LASPARK). The visit was to understudy LASPARK’s activities. The delegation also joined its host in planting trees.

Atogu said the tour was at the instance of Governor Willy Obiano, who directed them to come and study the way Lagos was beautifying its environment with a view to replicate same in Anambra, and improve the performance of their agency. She described Obiano as a man “with open mind to development; lover of beautiful environment”.

Atogu, who joined the LASPARK crew in its tree planting exercise in Imota Local Council Development Area, Ikorodu Division, Lagos with her team, said she had learnt so much from LASPARK, especially in the workers’ commitment and passion for the job. She promised to take the experience home and encourage her workers to imbibe same.

The Imota tree planting exercise was part of the LASPARK’s tree planting initiative to aid the actualisation of the agency’s set target of planting 10 million trees in the state by 2020.

The exercise, which was led by the Agency’s General Manager, Mrs. Bilikis Adebiyi-Abiola, said the event is part of the activities to usher in the annual tree planting campaign holding next month.

She explained that the choice of Imota Local Council Development Area for the exercise was borne out of the fact that the area had been a strategic partner in the cause of propagating the culture of tree planting in the state. The LASPARK chief said the same exercise had been successfully launched in Ikeja and Epe divisions, adding that it is also to ensure that the local community takes active part in the state greening programme.

“This project is vital to our collective survival because trees are life, therefore, the life of every tree planted in this community today counts. We must own them and see them as means to an end,” she said. According to her, the exercise was also in line with the millenium development goals (MDG 7), aimed at ensuring environmental sustainability.

She noted some of the importance of planting trees to include oxygen production; balancing of eco-system; reducing the effect of flash floods; filtration, as trees absorbs and reduces pollutants, provides amenity, aesthetic value and historical continuity. Trees also increase the value of properties and undeveloped land by more than 30 percent.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2018
mktinsight:

Anambra delegation understudies Lagos counterpart
Posted By: Our Reporter On: June 9, 2018 In:

A delegation of environmentalists from Anambra State has praised the “greening initiative” of the Lagos State Government

Members of the team, led by Anambra State Leisure Parks & Street Beautification Managing Director, Mrs. Ify Atogu, said they were highly impressed with what they saw in the state.

Atogu spoke as the delegation concluded a week-long tour of Lagos State Parks and Gardens (LASPARK). The visit was to understudy LASPARK’s activities. The delegation also joined its host in planting trees.

Atogu said the tour was at the instance of Governor Willy Obiano, who directed them to come and study the way Lagos was beautifying its environment with a view to replicate same in Anambra, and improve the performance of their agency. She described Obiano as a man “with open mind to development; lover of beautiful environment”.

Atogu, who joined the LASPARK crew in its tree planting exercise in Imota Local Council Development Area, Ikorodu Division, Lagos with her team, said she had learnt so much from LASPARK, especially in the workers’ commitment and passion for the job. She promised to take the experience home and encourage her workers to imbibe same.

The Imota tree planting exercise was part of the LASPARK’s tree planting initiative to aid the actualisation of the agency’s set target of planting 10 million trees in the state by 2020.

The exercise, which was led by the Agency’s General Manager, Mrs. Bilikis Adebiyi-Abiola, said the event is part of the activities to usher in the annual tree planting campaign holding next month.

She explained that the choice of Imota Local Council Development Area for the exercise was borne out of the fact that the area had been a strategic partner in the cause of propagating the culture of tree planting in the state. The LASPARK chief said the same exercise had been successfully launched in Ikeja and Epe divisions, adding that it is also to ensure that the local community takes active part in the state greening programme.

“This project is vital to our collective survival because trees are life, therefore, the life of every tree planted in this community today counts. We must own them and see them as means to an end,” she said. According to her, the exercise was also in line with the millenium development goals (MDG 7), aimed at ensuring environmental sustainability.

She noted some of the importance of planting trees to include oxygen production; balancing of eco-system; reducing the effect of flash floods; filtration, as trees absorbs and reduces pollutants, provides amenity, aesthetic value and historical continuity. Trees also increase the value of properties and undeveloped land by more than 30 percent.

After this visit, will anything change drastically or is it just playing to the gallery?

About two years ago i remember a tree planting initiative was launched in Anambra, yet today i don't see what has been done differently! Even i that has no formal training in horticulture can change the face of Anambra within a year given the opportunity...all it needs is commitment and some funds!

All Anambra needs is a few well maintained state parks for leisure, greening up all open public spaces like was done on the flyover medians, regular street/gutter sweeping/cleaning, tree planting on major streets and highways, and sanitary inspectors to inspect neighbourhoods, compounds and other public areas on a weekly basis. Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Premier breweries plc Onitsha have commenced the production of their former popular Malt drink called Multimalt @ their Onitsha headquarters!. THIS is part of the on going efforts to reposition the company again to take it's leading role the Nigeria ever competitive market.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2018
SEE PREMIER BREWERIES PLC ONITSHA COME BACK AGAIN BECAUSE OF EVER EXPANDING ECONOMY OF ANAMBRA STATE!.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2018
@ THE BRIDGEHEAD INDUSTRIAL LAYOUT HEADQUARTERS OF PREMIER BREWERIES PLC ONITSHA(pic) The chairman of the company with other board members on inspection of the company.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2018
Anambra's economy is growing very fast!. The population is growing @ an alarming rate!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 11:06am On Jun 10, 2018
Premier Breweries coming back to life is a sweet music to my ears, Multimalt was nice when PB was it's prime. I could remember as a kid the staff buses of PB, GCM, IJU, Brifina and GMO picking staffs along Atani Road at Iyiowa Odekpe. There were more Chinese in Onitsha than elsewhere because of GCM, we used to see them hunt toads and frogs in a lake behind our house.

If PB can be revived to compete Hero in none alcoholic drinks we will be glad. They should also open other production lines like energy water, fruits juice.

Nice one

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2018
Xander85:

After this visit, will anything change drastically or is it just playing to the gallery?

About two years ago i remember a tree planting initiative was launched in Anambra, yet today i don't see what has been done differently! Even i that has no formal training in horticulture can change the face of Anambra within a year given the opportunity...all it needs is commitment and some funds!

All Anambra needs is a few well maintained state parks for leisure, greening up all open public spaces like was done on the flyover medians, regular street/gutter sweeping/cleaning, tree planting on major streets and highways, and sanitary inspectors to inspect neighbourhoods and compounds and other public areas on a weekly basis. Shikena!

If there is something I love about Lagos it's their tree planting culture, they are dedicated, committed and serious about going green.

Anambra state have alot in common with Lagos but Anambra state is not harnessing her potentials well. Anambra state don't have a developed waterfront were people can relax overlooking the Niger River as ship's cruise, you will see people squeezing filling stations in a one plot of land in a residential neighborhood.

You see people excavating literite in an erosion prone areas but nobody to arrest them, road sweepers will sweet some portion but leave heaps of sand by the two sides of the road tommorrow you see plants growing on road maidens in Anambra state.

More trees needed to be in upper Iweka because of high human activities, from upper Iweka to main market there is no tree on either sides or middle, from Upper Iweka to Obosi bypass no tress.

UNIZIK and COOU both have environmental science faculties but all there exercises are for academic purposes.

Anambra environment ministry just wake up, last tenure Obiano used it to compensate her girlfriend Chinwe Nwaebili who know next to nothing in environmental management.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 11:56am On Jun 10, 2018
Cjrane2:

Oga,
May be the way i said it offended you. But suffice to say that this is something that i studied waaay back in school. Other people have similarly researched on this topic. Let me try and use the picture below to explain to you how the natural phenomenon of Marshaland develop using the case of Idemili river. I apologize if you thought i was teaching you Geology. Perhaps because i knew this topic, your post made me laugh, So, i'm sorry for laughing.

I'm not in any way sad you could be teaching me geology, the reason why I talk with such audacity is because this is a place I have called home for the past 30 years.

From Harbour Bridge there are more than 20 culverts along the Atani road linking the River Niger(right) and the wetland(left) together.
See how it works, if the water level of the wetland rises it will pass through the culvert and flow into River Niger.

In 1995 and 2012 it was the turn of the River Niger. The water level rose to all time high and nearly crossed the Atani road but Instead it passed through the culverts and moved into the wetland covering almost 85% of the area and submerged most houses and roads.

I'm not talking based on academics exercise someone did, I'm talking from experience and first person point of view. I can count the number of culverts connecting wetland and river Niger from Iyiowa to Atani by heart.

When they were constructing the 550KV line from Obosi to Okpai in Delta, I was among those that explored the wetland, the high tension line from Obosi passed through Okoti near Odekpe then cross the Niger to Okpai in Delta State, I worked on this site.

See I dont see any academic work that will teach the topography of this place. I'm talking out of experience bro not from someone else's template.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
DawatNama:
Premier Breweries coming back to life is a sweet music to my ears, Multimalt was nice when PB was it's prime. I could remember as a kid the staff buses of PB, GCM, IJU, Brifina and GMO picking staffs along Atani Road at Iyiowa Odekpe. There were more Chinese in Onitsha than elsewhere because of GCM, we used to see them hunt toads and frogs in a lake behind our house.

If PB can be revived to compete Hero in none alcoholic drinks we will be glad. They should also open other production lines like energy water, fruits juice.

Nice one
Yea! Arthur Eze want to redeem his bad image over the demise of premier plc and that's the reason for all these efforts!. Premier breweries plc Onitsha is producing now @ 10% and because of the increased demand,plans are under way to increase their production level to 60% before the end of this year!. THIS will make Onitsha the number 1 in beer & non alcoholic drinks industry in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AKswift: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
investnow2013:
SEE PREMIER BREWERIES PLC ONITSHA COME BACK AGAIN BECAUSE OF EVER EXPANDING ECONOMY OF ANAMBRA STATE!.

This firm needs more investment in branding and up-scaling of its technical process.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
investnow2013:
Yea! Arthur Eze want to redeem his bad image over the demise of premier plc and that's the reason for all these efforts!. Premier breweries plc Onitsha is producing now @ 10% and because of the increased demand,plans are under way to increase their production level to 60% before the end of this year!. THIS will make Onitsha the number 1 in beer & non alcoholic drinks industry in Nigeria!

Arthur Eze destroyed Anambra state.
He single-handedly killed PB.
He should be fast in redeeming his stinking image abeg.

Last time he promised to open a farm called Ozoigbondu, today nothing to show, I hope the reopening of PB is not another grand plan to hoodwink people.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
AKswift:

This firm needs more investment in branding and up-scaling of its technical process.

They need to work on their image knowing fully well that Anambra alcohol market have been cornered by ABINBEV.
They need sophisticated marketing strategies to break even, NB lost the market today they are licking their wounds. NB bought Life Breweries in order to break into the market, they didn't stop from buying Life they are pumping millions into the marketing buzz as well.

Arthur Eze and PB shouldn't think people will start buying them just for nostalgic feeling of the good Ole days, they should pump plenty money in marketing, carve a niche like sponsoring a sporting event like SE Unity Cup. This football match will be played along other side attractions.

I learnt alot reading how Mountain Dew and Red Bull used extreme sports to penetrate the market, PB should carve a niche.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Aromi: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
DawatNama:

If PB can be revived to compete Hero in none alcoholic drinks we will be glad. They should also open other production lines like energy water, fruits juic

Nice one

Back in the days of PB football club one ogbe ukwu boy play for the club u remind me of my child hood at ahia eke to odo rubber ideke oh i miss ezundu i must visit iyiowa as soon as i am in anambra been like 18yrs now have nit go there

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by markfemi1: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
So finally premier is back. How can one forget that famous slogan the prime taste in lager or the beer for you and your friends. Masters lager was one of my favourites. It's good Arthur remembered to resuscitate the company he single handedly destroyed.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
Aromi:

Back in the days of PB football club one ogbe ukwu boy play for the club u remind me of my child hood at ahia eke to odo rubber ideke oh i miss ezundu i must visit iyiowa as soon as i am in anambra been like 18yrs now have nit go there

Nwanne it's like grew up around iyiowa, I went to CPS 1 (Akwukwo Ututu)... Iyiowa used to sweet. We were living at Azia via Chioma Hospital.

Yes I remember Premier Football club back then, their rival was Udoji. They play their derby at Powermike when I was a kid. After Premier then Jasper and Gabros. There was a period Anambra had three clubs pl
aying in NPL, Udoji of Awka, Jasper of Onitsha and Gabros of Nnewi. Gabros today is Ifeanyi Uba while Udoji and Jasper fizzled out.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
Constituency roads projects by APGA senator Adaeze Oduah in Onitsha surbub off Atani road.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
Constituency roads projects by APGA senator Adaeze Oduah in Onitsha surbub off Atani road.

If we have very courageous leaders as Stella Odua in Igboland, we would have been emancipated.

I always remember the Enugu Intl. airport project that she championed even when all yorubas in the ministry plotted all sorts of booby traps to derail her and the project. They even got GEJ to stop backing her and she continued fearlessly. In the end, they got a carefully planned purchase of BMW for the ministry and buried it in the heap of papers the minister had to approved. Then started pressuring her to sign the heaps of approval document knowing she won't have time to look into the details of the BMW deal.

GEJ messed up big time when he removed her for that framed set up which was neither a car for her own personal use, nor did she benefit in any way from the transaction.

I love you STELLA ODUA!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
Stella Odua is unmatched when it comes to giving back to the masses and it pains me when I see fellow Igbo join those jealous and hateful bunch to insult her. Most of these people will piss on their pant when the face this woman...Very powerful and influential

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
OreMI22:

If we have very courageous leaders as Stella Odua in Igboland, we would have been emancipated.

I always remember the Enugu Intl. airport project that she championed even when all yorubas in the ministry plotted all sorts of booby traps to derail her and the project. They even got GEJ to stop backing her and she continued fearlessly. In the end, they got a carefully planned purchase of BMW for the ministry and buried it in the heap of papers the minister had to approved. Then started pressuring her to sign the heaps of approval document knowing she won't have time to look into the details of the BMW deal.

GEJ messed up big time when he removed her for that framed set up which was neither a car for her own personal use, nor did she benefit in any way from the transaction.

I love you STELLA ODUA!!!

Her only crime was approving expenditure above her limit! It was a carefully hatched plan to get rid of the woman and they were banking on the liverless GEJ to unwittingly help actualise it...probably threatening to pull their support for him in the soon to come 2015 elections if he didn't get rid of her!

Since then, we've witnessed a president who has made not one...not two...not three, but numerous illegal approvals and deductions from the federation account, yet the very same peeps that called for Senator Oduahs' head on a platter are gearing up to vote for the bigot again come 2019 elections! Talk about being two-faced and duplicitous!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Stnomso: 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
We need update on the international cargo airport
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
Stnomso:
We need update on the international cargo airport

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

I love your optimism! wink
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
AmericanQuarter:

The only thing i am pleading with state and local government officials is that the should encourage these types of neighborhoods to plant at least one tree per building.

Our people probably don't know that trees purify the air we breathe by producing oxygen and taking away carbondioxide. Apart fro providing shade and make the place look habitable, there are real health benefits for planting trees.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
OreMI22:

The only thing i am pleading with state and local government officials is that the should encourage these types of neighborhoods to plant at least one tree per building.

Our people probably don't know that trees purify the air we breathe by producing oxygen and taking away carbondioxide. Apart fro providing shade and make the place look habitable, there are real health benefits for planting trees.
It's the town planning officials that should be blamed for that.
Once there is room for such, people will be compelled to do so.
At least it will be among the requirements when u go to the local govt to get your building plan approved.

Then it's left to the landlords to so the needful. These days u don't wait for govt to take care of your sorrounding.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by donmajesty888(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
this is highly impressive
investnow2013:

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1329) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.