Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (755) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2070970 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChineduAlegbu: 8:23am On Aug 07, 2021
GitmoAuditors:
Nwanne you are totally correct. This is the village motorpark called Imo airport but they are never bothered.

Even Chisco and GUO bus terminals at Upper Iweka looks beautiful, modern and classy than this motorpark(Imo airport). Shameless people.

Village motorpark airport cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChineduAlegbu: 8:24am On Aug 07, 2021
Anambra is no doubt the most developed state in the region

ChimaAdeoye:
The light-up Anambra campaign is just a special project that has touched me. Even the road in front of my house in my hometown now has functional street lights that come on every night at 7:00 pm!

When I grew up and until very recently, there was not a single streetlight pole with a functional bulb in the entire Anambra state. In fact, only 4 roads in the entire state had street light poles, although the lights did not work. These roads were; (1.) Zik Avenue Awka, (2.) Park road GRA Onitsha (In front of ShopRite), (3.) Awka road Onitsha and (4.) Enugu-Onitsha expressway from Inosi Onira roundabout to Premier Breweries.

I am glad that today, almost every major road in Anambra has functional street lights! This is a quantum leap from where Anambra used to be a few years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Te7QVNPWE

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Philipxxxx0: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
We are in very big trouble now in Anambra state if we are not allowed to produce who we want as governor. They are using court to frustrate Apga in order not to participate in this election and our elders are keeping quiet.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
Chikeluba25:
Awka night life.
We can achieve more. One of the best thing Gov. Obiano and (ACTDA) will do for his successor after Nov. 6 election is to Mark and demolish illegal structures to make way for dual carriage road in Awka.
This will help to give our state capital more befitting look.

The focus and fixation on the old Awka around Eke Awka should end for good.

They should focus on turning the NEW Awka CAPITAL TERRITORY (Landmass from Ngozika estate to all the areas behind the secretariate and UNIZIK permanent site) into a truly modern city. The fixation of going into people's ancestral villages around Eke Awka and surrounding villages to knock down buildings built in the 1950s when Awka was just a village does not make any sense at all.

If Michael Okpara had not built the new Enugu in New Haven, Independence Layout considered to be "bush" at the time he planned them, but instead focussed on knocking down ancestral village homes in Asata, Ogui, and Abakpa Nike, then Enugu would still be looking like a glorified village around Asata and Abakpa Nike.

The next Anambra governor must think of developing a new Awka Capital Territory within the 10 square miles designated as the capital territory and stop this fixation on knocking down old buildings in the old Awka villages as the only spot known as Awka capital territory. Eventually, the old Awka we see today will just be a neighborhood like Abakpa Nike or Ogui in the new Awka Capital Territory. Exactly in the same manner that the Abuja capital territory left those traditional Bwari,Kuje, Gwagwalada, and Nyanya villages to go develop a new modern capital city in the bushes called Garki, Maitama, and Wuse. These bushes are today known as the modern Abuja city while the hitherto main towns in the area are now mere districts of the modern Abuja capital city.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

The focus and fixation on the old Awka around Eke Awka should end for good.

They should focus on turning the NEW Awka CAPITAL TERRITORY (Landmass from Ngozika estate to all the areas behind the secretariate and UNIZIK permanent site) into a truly modern city. The fixation of going into people's ancestral villages around Eke Awka and surrounding villages to knock down buildings built in the 1950s when Awka was just a village does not make any sense at all.

If Michael Okpara had not built the new Enugu in New Haven, Independence Layout considered to be "bush" at the time he planned them, but instead focussed on knocking down ancestral village homes in Asata, Ogui, and Abakpa Nike, then Enugu would still be looking like a glorified village around Asata and Abakpa Nike.

The next Anambra governor must think of developing a new Awka Capital Territory within the 10 square miles designated as the capital territory and stop this fixation on knocking down old buildings in the old Awka villages as the only spot known as Awka capital territory. Eventually, the old Awka we see today will just be a neighborhood like Abakpa Nike or Ogui in the new Awka Capital Territory. Exactly in the same manner that the Abuja capital territory left those traditional Bwari,Kuje, Gwagwalada, and Nyanya villages to go develop a new modern capital territory in Garki. Which is today known as the modern Abuja city while the other villages are now districts in the Abuja capital territory.

The new Awka city has taken off with the premium Awka Millennium City, also the new Three Arms Zone also ongoing in the new city. Even the new international conference centre is part of the greater new city. The new ongoing international market is also in the new city and lots of other new estates like the federal housing, police housing, among others are also ongoing in the area. That's the way to go..

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
ANSMEDIA:

The new Awka city has taken off with the premium Awka Millennium City, also the new Three Arms Zone are also ongoing in the new city. Even the new international conference centre is part of the greater new city. That's the way to go..

Well, we are saying the same thing. The way to go is to develop brand new areas like the Awka Millenium city and similar two or more modern satellite cities within the fringes of the Awka capital territory. Not hyper-focusing on what to demolish in the present old Awka town.

Building a new modern capital city is like building a modern university campus. You may live in the temporary site of the university while developing a modern permanent site. You don't waste money that should be used in building a modern permanent site in demolishing and building new structures in the temporary site.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

Well, we are saying the same thing. The way to go is to develop brand new areas like the Awka Millenium city and similar two or more modern satellite cities within the fringes of the Awka capital territory. Not hyper-focusing on what to demolish in the present old Awka town.

Building a new modern capital city is like building a modern university campus. You may live in the temporary site of the university while developing a modern permanent site. You don't waste money that should be used in building a modern permanent site in demolishing and building new structures in the temporary site.

Like Awka, Onitsha on the other hand is equally expanding into new areas towards Nkwelle where new neighbourhoods like the luxury place estates, etc, are springing up.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
INNOSON NEW SITE EXPANSION @NNEWI

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
WORK HAVE STARTED @ INNOSON NNEWI SITE EXPANSION

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
ANSMEDIA:

Like Awka, Onitsha on the other hand is equally expanding into new areas towards Nkwelle where new neighbourhoods like the luxury place estate, etc, are springing up.

Without diminishing the importance of Onitsha, Anambra needs to concentrate on building one truly modern futuristic city. I am glad that Obiano wants to imbibe the Dubai model to develop Awka capital city into a truly modern metropolis. I guess having lived in Houston, Obiano understands the need not to grow more slums in the name of development in Anambra state. Now, we need more quality rather than quantity. The way he doesn't want all sorts of shanties on the new airport access way. Just to say the road is a "built-up" area. We need world-class structures there and not any shanty mixture of cement and zinc.

The point here isn't that I'm unaware that Jalingo conurbation has expanded to meet Jimeta and now they are one city. The point is to conserve the scarce land resources to build a well-planned truly modern capital city in Anambra state. That meets the standard of any modern city in the world. If Okpoko expands to occupy the entire landmass of Anambra, it is not development in my definition. It is slumming of the entire Anambra. Which is the point i am making here. It is all about carefully placing modern layouts such as the Awka Millenium city, Anambra airport city, etc in very strategic locations within the capital territory to help develop a truly modern capital city that will be a reference city in Africa and the world.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

Without diminishing the importance of Onitsha, Anambra needs to concentrate on building one truly modern futuristic city. I am glad that Obiano wants to imbibe the Dubai model to develop Awka capital city into a truly modern metropolis. I guess having lived in Houston, Obiano understands the need not to grow more slums in the name of development in Anambra state. Now, we need more quality rather than quantity. The way he doesn't want all sorts of shanties on the new airport access way. Just to say the road is a "built-up" area. We need world-class structures there and not any shanty mixture of cement and zinc.

The point here isn't that I'm unaware that Jalingo conurbation has expanded to meet Jimeta and now they are one city. The point is to conserve the scarce land resources to build a well-planned truly modern capital city in Anambra state. That meets the standard of any modern city in the world. If Okpoko expands to occupy the entire landmass of Anambra, it is not development in my definition. It is slumming of the entire Anambra. Which is the point i am making here. It is all about carefully placing modern layouts such as the Awka Millenium city, Anambra airport city etc in very strategic locations within the capital territory to help develop a truly modern capital city that will be a reference city in Africa and the world.

Very apt

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
This is really massive. Other big Anambrans should pick up their own sites and start building. We want to see Anambra as a combination of Taiwan-Dubai-Korea in a few years.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
This is really massive. Other big Anambrans should pick up their own sites and start building. We want to see Anambra as a combination of Taiwan-Dubai-Korea in a few years.
Industry! Industry!! Industry!!!..... ANAMBRA state need to create a new industrial layout that will be able to accommodate at least 1000 MEDIUM SIZED INDUSTRIES EACH GIVING at least 100 people employment thereby creating 100000 Jobs!.
Possible sites can be created along the New 2nd Niger bridge Motorway to Obosi and Oba area!.

14 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by chiefobdk(m): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2021
OreMI22:

Not only Nnewi street, my own street in Ogboji had not just functional street lights but airport sef. Since i was a kid. grin grin

Claiming any falsehood is allowed. The problem is when you ask them to send you a picture of the functional street light and they suddenly cant remember the street or even brazenly send Obiano's street light and try to argue it was there and fully functioning since 1970 grin grin grin grin

Even some of the private village roads tarred in Ichi town and Nnewi in the early 1990s had no functioning street light. Government roads tarred before 2015 in Anambra had no functional street lights. I can send prior to 2015 nairaland pages of Anambra roads here to see it yourself if you pretend to have forgotten.

Obiano isn't perfect. But i think we should learn to give credit to whom it us due when they perform well. Some people have no respect at all for the facts. Soon some of us will blatantly claim there were "functional" airports in Anambra before Obiano built one. They will claim that Oba airport was "functional" but as usual will be unable to exactly point out one plane that landed there.

I won't indulge in ur dick measuring contest i passed my message...

A lot of companies and private individuals fixed street light in there streets and roads..
Chew on it.

Even ezego road in ihiala had street light in the 1994 wen i started jss 1 at holy ghost juniorate ihiala
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 12:31am On Aug 08, 2021
AND THAT'S WHY WE NEED SOLUDO AS OUR NEXT GOVERNOR.
I believe the judgement will be on his favour because he's the legally elected APGA candidate

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 08, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

The point here isn't that I'm unaware that Jalingo conurbation has expanded to meet Jimeta and now they are one city. The point is to conserve the scarce land resources to build a well-planned truly modern capital city in Anambra state. That meets the standard of any modern city in the world. If Okpoko expands to occupy the entire landmass of Anambra, it is not development in my definition. It is slumming of the entire Anambra. Which is the point i am making here. It is all about carefully placing modern layouts such as the Awka Millenium city, Anambra airport city, etc in very strategic locations within the capital territory to help develop a truly modern capital city that will be a reference city in Africa and the world.

Obiano didn't do anything for urban development in his 8 years in office. He selected some of the worst performers in works, transport and waste. The cities are worse today than they were 8 years ago. Awkas population has grown by 50% while its few roads built in the Obi era lack maintenance and are collapsing. Nnewi was abandoned completely. Onitsha has returned back to the filth and lawlessness of 2010 and Thereabouts.

The next governor should not select friends or fellow villagers for serious positions. Its well and good to talk futuristic but Anambra should attempt to make its cities have the basic organization of small English towns not replicating India with keke, barrows and stinking gutters everywhere. English towns are the epitome of orderly, clean and green with fantastic transport systems. They do have markets but its not an all comers affair where roads are taken over by hawkers and all sorts of degenerates. They don't dump waste on the roads like lazy baboons but collect it door to door. A small English town has an organised large capacity bus system with scheduled routes and stops not 10,000 untrained raw people zooming here and there in tricycles and dusty shuttle buses picking up passengers as they please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:52am On Aug 08, 2021
No one needs your useless validation or otherwise. You are a rejected person, your inputs are worthless here. Anambra cities have improved so much under Obiano's years as governor, we all know it, so therefore, we don't need your nonsense. Anambra shall continue to progress and lead the igbo race in development and advancement to the envy and frustration of the evil night owl. cool

[s]
mktinsight:

Obiano didn't do anything for urban development in his 8 years in office. He selected some of the worst performers in works, transport and waste. The cities are worse today than they were 8 years ago. Awkas population has grown by 50% while its few roads built in the Obi era lack maintenance and are collapsing. Nnewi was abandoned completely. Onitsha has returned back to the filth and lawlessness of 2010 and Thereabouts. The next governor should not select friends or fellow villagers for serious positions. Its well and good to talk futuristic but Anambra should attempt to make its cities have the basic organization of small English towns not replicating India with keke, barrows and stinking gutters everywhere. English towns are the epitome of orderly, clean and green with fantastic transport systems. They do have markets but its not an all comers affair where roads are taken over by hawkers and all sorts of degenerates. They don't dump waste on the roads like lazy baboons but collect it door to door. A small English town has an organised large capacity bus system with scheduled routes and stops not 10,000 untrained raw people zooming here and there in tricycles and dusty shuttle buses picking up passengers as they please.
[/s]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2021
Very good development

ANSMEDIA:

The new Awka city has taken off with the premium Awka Millennium City, also the new Three Arms Zone also ongoing in the new city. Even the new international conference centre is part of the greater new city. The new ongoing international market is also in the new city and lots of other new estates like the federal housing, police housing, among others are also ongoing in the area. That's the way to go..

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 7:02am On Aug 08, 2021
You are right on point particularly the new ongoing Awka Millennium city, airport city, etc. APGA has stabilized development in Anambra.

ChimaAdeoye:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 7:04am On Aug 08, 2021
Your analysis are superb.

ChimaAdeoye:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 7:05am On Aug 08, 2021
Really massive. This is the way to go

ANSMEDIA:

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2021
The first ever international boxing championship hosted in South East happened in Nnewi, Anambra state. It was really amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvuJjLg25Sg

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
investnow2013:
INNOSON NEW SITE EXPANSION @NNEWI

There are few industrialists.....that when they have certain plans in the works, you can be rest assured they’ll see it to fruition! INNOSON is one of these....together with COSCHARIS, Ernie Azudialu and Allen Onyema!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by afube: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

There are few industrialists.....that when they have certain plans in the works, you can be rest assured they’ll see it to fruition! INNOSON is one of these....together with COSCHARIS, Ernie Azudialu and Allen Onyema!

Do not forget Engr Emeka Okwuosa of Oilserv group, who is the number 1 local EPC contractor in the gas sector ! Anambra get people abeg and our detractors know it, that's why they are intent on appointing efulefus to take over from Obiano!

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
afube:

Do not forget Engr Emeka Okwuosa of Oilserv group, who is the number 1 local EPC contractor in the gas sector ! Anambra get people abeg and our detractors know it, that's why they are intent on appointing efulefus to take over from Obiano!

The detractors are Nnamdi kanu ( Abia state) Ikonso (Late) - Imo state and Simon Ekpa ( Ebonyi state)

They should all remain in their state with their Igbos and be constituting the nuisance there. If they want to burn it down they are free to, nobody will hold them.

Afterall when ( Igbos) they were burning police stations and killing in Imo state....did you see us complaining?

Everyone should contain their madness in their home state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
ChineduAIaegbu:

Why should he not do it now?
Why wait till after elections?

Mr can you leave this thread or keep shut.

This is one of the problem we are having, Nnamdi Kanu will leave Abia state, pack refuges from there come and drop them in Anambra state for them to be shouting holy holy holy Nnamdi Kanu is their saviour.....

Arming them to enforce sit at home in another state...

Leave this thread,go to your own state and drop all these your useful suggestions for them.

Kataway you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uglyafonja: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Mr can you leave this thread or keep shut.

This is one of the problem we are having, Nnamdi Kanu will leave Abia state, pack refuges from there come and drop them in Anambra state for them to be shouting holy holy holy Nnamdi Kanu is their saviour.....

Arming them to enforce sit at home in another state...

Leave this thread,go to your own state and drop all these your useful suggestions for them.

Kataway you.

My brother, I thought I was the only one complaining...... How can somebody from dead Abia state be causing problems in another man's state.... Anambra elders need to take a stance on this excessive display of power by IPOB.... This is really getting stupid....
Anambra is on the path of progress, we are moving with an extensive speed..... Named kanu should know this..... He should stop distracting and disorganized our economic plan and activities.......

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
uglyafonja:

My brother, I thought I was the only one complaining...... How can somebody from dead Abia state be causing problems in another man's state.... Anambra elders need to take a stance on this excessive display of power by IPOB.... This is really getting stupid....
Anambra is on the path of progress, we are moving with an extensive speed..... Named kanu should know this..... He should stop distracting and disorganized our economic plan and activities.......

This is one of the reasons you will give it to Wike.

Obiano is docile and keen with these fugitives.

He has to be brutal with them irrespective of who is involved else Nnamdi Kanu and Abia state cum Imo state plus the ones from Ebonyi state will run down this state.

Every location and corner they are the ones always shouting biafra up and down distracting the economic plans of the state.

Wike really did good in nailing the fugitive in Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChineduAIaegbu: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:

This is one of the reasons you will give it to Wike.

Obiano is docile and keen with these fugitives.

He has to be brutal with them irrespective of who is involved else Nnamdi Kanu and Abia state cum Imo state plus the ones from Ebonyi state will run down this state.

Every location and corner they are the ones always shouting biafra up and down distracting the economic plans of the state.

Wike really did good in nailing the fugitive in Rivers state.

And this also counts as update in development of Anambra State.
Obiano Kawaii!! grin cool cool
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChineduAIaegbu:

And this also counts as update in development of Anambra State.
Obiano Kawaii!! grin cool cool

Mr get out of this thread and disappear never to be seen here again.

What is exactly is your business or mission here?

While you are at liberty to read and go away, you have no right to comment or distract this thread with your negative energies.

Go to Imo state thread and keep yourself busy there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChineduAlegbu: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
[s]
ChineduAIaegbu:

And this also counts as update in development of Anambra StateObiano Kawaii!!
[/s]

Face your backward shithole Imo state that's ravaged by insecurity, bad roads and filth. Rural area called Owerri is now worse than Sambisa but you are not worried. Go to Imo thread and advise your incompetent useless failure supreme court governor that has further destroyed Imo state from where okoroawusa stopped.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChineduAlegbu: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Mr get out of this thread and disappear never to be seen here again.

What is exactly us your business or mission here?

While you are at liberty to read and go away, you have no right to comment or distract this thread with your negative energies.

Go to Imo state thread and keep yourself busy there.

On point

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.