Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) (2158 Views)

Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? / Commercial Bus Throttle Cable Tied To The Pedal In Apapa, Lagos State. PHOTOS / Is This Vehicle Rubber Tyre The Future Of Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by kenny2gbaski(m): 12:16am On Dec 21, 2017
So i had to change my front Tyre today and decided to take a closer look at the wheel before bolting the new tyre and i observed a cable was cut off from there. It doesn't look like a fresh cut but nevertheless i had to be on the safer side, would have loved to fix immediately but currently far away from my mechanic.

What is this for? Does it pocess any danger and should i fix immediately with these Kazeems around or can i still wait and use the car till i get back to my base? Thanks.

Car is Nissan Primera 1998, 1.6.

Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 21, 2017
Am confused
Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by timifakay(m): 1:30am On Dec 21, 2017
Wheel speed sensor.
Your ABS light should be on.
Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by temmym4(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
timifakay:
Wheel speed sensor.

You are so damn right bro. ABS has been the only light that has refused to turn off on my dashboard lately. Just checked mine and found out Cable has been ripped off.

1 Like

Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by kenny2gbaski(m): 3:14am On Dec 22, 2017
timifakay:
Wheel speed sensor.

Yes. It is on. Does it pocess any danger? Should i repair immediately or leave it till i get back to the city? Thank you sir.
Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by bravolad(m): 5:41am On Dec 22, 2017
kenny2gbaski:

Yes. It is on. Does it pocess any danger? Should i repair immediately or leave it till i get back to the city? Thank you sir.

Fix immediately. ABS means Anti-locking Brake System that allows the vehicle to maintain traction with the road.
Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by timifakay(m): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
kenny2gbaski:

It means your ABS system is not functional. Confirm number of working speed sensors and condition of the ABS module itself.
Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by erico2k2(m): 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
kenny2gbaski:
So i had to change my front Tyre today and decided to take a closer look at the wheel before bolting the new tyre and i observed a cable was cut off from there. It doesn't look like a fresh cut but nevertheless i had to be on the safer side, would have loved to fix immediately but currently far away from my mechanic.

What is this for? Does it pocess any danger and should i fix immediately with these Kazeems around or can i still wait and use the car till i get back to my base? Thanks.

Car is Nissan Primera 1998, 1.6.
That's your ABS sensor disconnected possibly a not too in the know mechanic, connect it back, you can do it yourself peal and join wires plus tape it properly, you will need to reset the ABS light via a scanner. Update us on the work done
Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by kenny2gbaski(m): 11:40am On Jan 13, 2018
erico2k2:

That's your ABS sensor disconnected possibly a not too in the know mechanic, connect it back, you can do it yourself peal and join wires plus tape it properly, you will need to reset the ABS light via a scanner. Update us on the work done

Bro. I decided to try this out today and suprisingly it worked fine, the wires were connected and the ABS light on the dashboard went off (I didnt even reset the scanner)
Then i decided test drive. As i reversed out of my compund and pressed the brake, heard a sound (a soft jacking felt on my foot while i pressed the brake pedal) twice, like the brake trying to hold the tires harder and immediately the ABS light came on again and has been on since then.
What should i do? Did i got something wrong?
Am not really convinient seeing warning light(s) on my dash.
Re: Broken Cable Behind The Tyre. What Does This Mean? (picture) by erico2k2(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2018
kenny2gbaski:

Bro. I decided to try this out today and suprisingly it worked fine, the wires were connected and the ABS light on the dashboard went off (I didnt even reset the scanner)
Then i decided test drive. As i reversed out of my compund and pressed the brake, heard a sound (a soft jacking felt on my foot while i pressed the brake pedal) twice, like the brake trying to hold the tires harder and immediately the ABS light came on again and has been on since then.
What should i do? Did i got something wrong?
Am not really convinient seeing warning light(s) on my dash.
This is why you had to reset it with a scanner, the fault is stord in the ECU!.Or try this.Remove teh battery earth(-ve cabele) try and start the car,(This removes every other charges left on your system)wait 5 mins connect and start car,If light still comes on, then you need a scanner to clear fault codes.If after doing all these light is still on then you will need it checked by a qualified Mechanic.I hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

2003 BMW 745 Li Is Seeking A Brave Soul / Between A Lexus Rx 300(2003),ml 350 (2003) And An Acura Mdx(2006) Tokunbo / Morgas 5w30 Oil Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.