Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next (1974 Views)

Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies / Identical Twins Have Babies The Same Size On The Same Day / Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies After Two Years Of Marriage - Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next by Eggcelent(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
AI robots could soon be having ‘children’ with their owners, according to a leading artificial intelligence expert.

Dr David Levy, author of Love and Sex with Robots, claims that it is an ‘odds-on cert’ that humans and robots will soon make babies, given ‘recent progress in stem cell research and artificial chromosomes.’

And while Dr Levy has not given a specific timeline for robot babies, he suggests that it could happen within the next 100 years.

Dr Levy is set to reveal his predictions at the International Congress on Love and Sex with Robots in London tomorrow,

His predictions draw upon recent studies into stem cells, bio nanotechnology and robot genetics.

In particular, Dr Levy points to research from Ohio State University, where scientists developed a nanotechnology-based chip that can successfully inject genetic code into skin cells.

Dr Levy suggests that this chip process, known as tissue nano transfection (TNT), will allow ‘the genetic code of a robot to be passed on to its offspring along with human genetic code.’

According to the Daily Star Online, Dr Levy will say: ‘Suddenly the very real possibility has appeared on the horizon of the robots of the future manipulating human skin cells to create human sperm and human eggs, and from them, using the Ohio discovery of TNT as the basis, creating an entire human baby whose embryo can be nurtured and carried through pregnancy by a mother surrogate.

http://www.eagleheadline.com/archives/13490

Attn: Mynd44
Re: Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next by chaarly(m): 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
booked
Re: Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next by Exjoker(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
If only I'm not dead then I will love to marry a robot and have kid with her. A beg what will a female robot be called
Re: Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next by inscreAF: 10:38am On Dec 22, 2017
So you will allow robots to have sex with your daughter. ....hmmmm....i see
Re: Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next by DaniDani(m): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2017
Exjoker:
If only I'm not dead then I will love to marry a robot and have kid with her. A beg what will a female robot be called

Robotress or princess robot. In Igbo, Robonne!
Re: Robots And Humans Will Have ‘BABIES’ And Create A New Hybrid Species In The Next by Exjoker(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2017
DaniDani:

Robotress or princess robot. In Igbo, Robonne!
gringringringrin

(1) (Reply)

If You Can't Love Them(helps) Don't Take Them / I Have A Very Toxic Mother, Please Advice Me / Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.