Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband (1975 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / Court Dissolves 18-Year-Old Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent `Partying’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by underscore: 7:17am On Sep 13, 2013
An Osogbo Grade III Customary Court on Tuesday dissolved a 17-year-old marriage of one Asimiyu Oladosu over frequent beating by the wife. Oladosu told the court that his wife, Kehinde, was fond of beating him whenever he returns from church or outings. He said the marriage was blessed with three children but he could no longer bear his wife’s attitude.
“I am tired of this marriage due to frequent beating by my wife as well as her nagging nature. She does not go to church and whenever I go to church or vigil, she will not allow me into the house and if she does, she beats me mercilessly. Based on these facts, I want the court to dissolve this union,” he said. The wife, admitted that she usually beat her husband, adding that she did that under the influence of what she called an “unknown spirit.” Kehinde, who cried profusely, prayed the court to settle the matter amicably, adding that she still loves her husband. “What my husband said was true. I always beat him but I do not know what usually comes over me whenever I do that. I still love my husband and I want the matter to be settled amicably. I don’t want to leave him and I promise that I will never beat him again,” the wife said. The President of the court, Mrs Temilade Agboola, pleaded on behalf of the woman and asked the man to forgive her. But Oladosu refused and maintained that he preferred divorce. Agboola said that since the husband wanted a divorce, there was nothing the court could do but to grant the request. She dissolved the marriage and ordered that the wife should take custody of the three children. Agboola also ordered Oladosu to give a monthly up-keep of N9, 000 for the children.

Hmm, looks like the tables are turning: it used to be the other way round!

Sources: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/09/court-dissolves-marriage-over-wifes.html, NAN

Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by eagleeye2: 7:30am On Sep 13, 2013
I think the man's Pastor and family should advice him to stay and endure this for the sake of his children.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by RINE1: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2013
eagle,eye:
I think the man's Pastor and family should advice him to stay and endure this for the sake of his children.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Chanchit: 8:02am On Sep 13, 2013
eagle,eye:

So when the woman finally succeeds in killing him, the pastor would come and stand in abi..? Thats why its good to think very well before marrying, why would I go and marry someone that I'm not sure of winning every fight. Once the woman is built like a wrestler or weight lifter abi body builder, mhen its a no go area.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by bellong: 8:06am On Sep 13, 2013
Chanchit:

So when the woman finally succeeds in killing him, the pastor would come and stand in abi..? Thats why its good to think very well before marrying, why would I go and marry someone that I'm not sure of winning every fight. Once the woman is built like a wrestler or weight lifter abi body builder, mhen its a no go area.

You didn't the sarcasm in the post. Since women are generally advised to endure their abusive husbands by prayer and fasting, why not advice the man to follow suit..... cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by biolabee(m): 8:23am On Sep 13, 2013
eagle eye nice one!

I believe no gender has a monopoly on violence
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2013
Woman beating a man? Which kain wife be that? She go d pound the children too!
Abeg oga, u do well. Run for ya life!
As she no c u to beat again,she should face d spirit! Yeyecious woman!
And pls take the children with u b4 she will kill them.

#team say no to marital violence#
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by mysticgal(f): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2013
ewwwwww,what shall we say to these things then...eagle eye abeg if that man stays,the only time pastor would be needed is during his burial ceremonyundecided
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Kanwulia: 6:57am On Sep 14, 2013
The reason parents should NEVER hit their kids!
Dem they hia word? grin

SEE THE RESULT?

NOTHING WORSE THAN A VIOLENT FEMALE. I PITY THE CHILDREN.

The man tried gaaaaaaaaaan. . .to stay with this WITCH of a so-called wife. BATTERED BY HER OWN PARENTS!
Tufiaaaaaaaaaaaaakwa!!!

DISSOLVE THE MARRIAGE SIR. . . NEVER GO BACK TO AN ABUSER. . .NO MATTER HOW BORN OR DEAD AGAIN!!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Yoruba men are weak na. What do yuh expect.? Na only mouth them get. Lolz!
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Dantedasz(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
This man in this story is a liar!
The woman in the story is truely possessed by a spirit that makes her tell lies against herself.
How can a woman beat up a man? In fact how can a woman be violent?
In any relationship/marriage Only men can be violent. This woman did not read the script well-she is susposed to be the victim!
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Haywhymido(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Olorun mase mi ni oko ban too efo.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by zeb04(f): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Funny tho am happy d table is turnin arnd
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by bukatyne(f): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
zeb04: Funny tho am happy d table is turnin arnd

You are happy a woman is beating her husband?

What is the joy there or am I missing something? undecided
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by OmoAlata1(f): 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
I have seen cases where the wife is the abuser and the husband is usually very quiet shy and timid. I am happy this guy is divorcing her crazy a$$
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Drone007: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=banega]Yoruba men are weak na. What do yuh expect.? Na only mouth them get. Lolz![/quo

Obviously, you don't get it; and, have never been in a marriage relationship. Being 'weak' or 'strong' has nothing do with this context. Balance in marriage counselling (bereft of scape-goating either the man or the woman) is the only hope for the survival of the marriage institution--- Is not instructive that, unlike present-day American and feminist-inspired thinking on the subject, God, in Genesis, did not single out either party (mostly men) for blame? Think about it!
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2014
[quote author=Drone007][/quote] Okay ma'am/sir undecided
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by egopersonified(f): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
Kai, see falling of hand. I hope he doesnt cry when the woman beats him.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Bigsteveg(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
banega: Yoruba men are weak na. What do yuh expect.? Na only mouth them get. Lolz!

Would u rather want the husband to beat the hell out of the wife, if the man had taken revenge, women will come out crying dat he shouldn't have, and dat u cant compare a man punch with a woman punch. Can u now see y i always say women are a very confused set of being.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Bigsteveg(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
bukatyne:

You are happy a woman is beating her husband?

What is the joy there or am I missing something? undecided

With her comment, u should av know women like zeb04 are d types dat can beat their husband.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Godmystrength: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Would u rather want the husband to beat the hell out of the wife, if the man had taken revenge, women will come out crying dat he shouldn't have, and dat u cant compare a man punch with a woman punch. Can u now see y i always say women are a very confused set of being.
grin grin grin
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Oh, okay sir!! M sorry smiley..
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Kanwulia: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
Battered daughters make the most abusive wives and mothers!
MEN! You reap what you sow! kiss
YOU WANNO BEAT YA KIDS?
They will BEAT THEIR HUSBANDS, WIVES AND KIDS TO DEATH!
They will be PSYCHOS for life. . . who can never learn to give or receive LOVE from MAN or their GOD! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eocCPDxKq1o
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by ahnie: 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
eagleeye2: I think the man's Pastor and family should advice him to stay and endure this for the sake of his children.

you think the man's pastor and family should advice him to stay....like SERIOUSLY huh?
And when the wife must have battered him to Death...I think the man's pastor and family should be the people to Bury him.....

A sound clap for Mr Eagle Eye.
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by cococandy(f): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
Winch
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by lilmax(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Battered daughters make the most abusive wives and mothers!
MEN! You reap what you sow! kiss
YOU WANNO BEAT YA KIDS?
They will BEAT THEIR HUSBANDS, WIVES AND KIDS TO DEATH!
They will be PSYCHOS for life. . . who can never learn to give or receive LOVE from MAN or their GOD! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eocCPDxKq1o
as usual
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by lilmax(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
Smh
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by Kanwulia: 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
lilmax: as usual

Men are the causes ! kiss
Re: Court Dissolves Marriage Over Wife’s Frequent Battery Of Husband by JEITO: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
Our people talk say,''when dog bite man, na normal tin; but when man bite dog, then d mata don pass wia agbada dey hol wire.''
Talk about an eight day wife kenan

(1) (Reply)

Come And Join Helping Hands International As A Family With Just 6600. / Should I Leave Or Stay? / Burn That Abdomen Fat Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.