Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu (35781 Views)

Magu: No Interest On Funds In TSA – Ahmed Idris / Budgit: How Senator Samuel Anyanwu Swindled Imo's Community Of Educational Fund / Senator Samuel Anyanwu Dares EFCC To Plant Money In His House To What'll Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by DONADAMS(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
ohhh..I even forgot that igbos have reps in the senate sef...how come they've been quiet about that IPOB/referendum brouhaha...if they, that are at the fore front weren't fighting/ in support of the cause...I wonder why IPOB foot soldiers were busy ranting up and down the cyber space

1 Like

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by wirinet(m): 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
tiger28:
EFCC is a body that tackles FRAUD as well as corruption. Unfortunately, most of you lots are illiterate to understand....Innoson is charged with commiting FRAUD! Shameless ppl!

Which charge are you talking about? Please show us the charges (in a court of law) on the fraud commited by innoson.

Innoson was only accused by GTB (most probably thumped up) of fraud. The most reasonable thing was for EFCC to carry out its investigation. The Bank officials that their signature was said to have been forged are still alive, the people from innoson, GTB and customs that were involved in the transaction are still alive, but what did EFCC do? Stormed the chairman's house in commando style to abduct him. Now that they have him locked up, what next? Are they going to charge him to court or keep him locked up indefinitely. I though security agencies can't hold someone without charging them to court for more than 24 hrs.

Truly Nigeria is becoming a lawless country.

2 Likes

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
Senate should not pass the budget until Magu is removed

This Presidency has no regard for the senate

The senate should not approve governments activities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by wirinet(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
Meritocracy:

Its part of his job, from the name Economic and financial crime commission, if you refuse to pay bank loan and posing as fake billionaire you're a financial criminal.

False. Bank loan or any other loan is a business transaction. Defaults in repayment can never fall under criminal case, at worst it falls under civil case.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by starbn(m): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
this is what you see when voted old illiterate man to head a country over 200million.
Nigeria in total messed up.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by bejeria101(m): 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
Mugu magu is incompetent.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Awoleesu(m): 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:
Magu has turned EFCC into a debt collection agency. If someone is refusing to pay you a loan you gave out, report to Magu, EFCC will swing into action sharp sharp and lock up your debtor
Ah! Even you BMC Zonal Coordinator NL dey beef PMB's Magu?!
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
agbangam:
Those criminals in senate never liked Magu, dey want him out by all means and watch how chidren/ supporters of Looters will flood dis thread clapping for those criminals.
and that's why they're after his life
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Duru009(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
Igbo's n brain
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by JuanDeDios: 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
EFCC should be scrapped! Too many agencies

I don't know what they are doing that the Nigerian police can't do undecided
Post doesn't sound wise and true, though.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by IMASTEX: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
EFCC should be scrapped! Too many agencies

I don't know what they are doing that the Nigerian police can't do undecided
The truth be told, this country as a whole is a big joke & a mistake in the first place. I am yet to see one singular agency or government arm functioning. I don't see this country getting things right in the next 200 years to come.

1 Like

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Uglyojuku: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
omooba969:

You're a deluded miscreant...simple. grin

Really deluded.Market women dem.Chase them out of SW and see them cry blue murder..lol
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by enoto: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
Am waiting patiently
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by raphaeladeyele: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
Magu is EFCC Acting Chair yes o o o o
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by raphaeladeyele: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
Magu is EFCC Acting Chairman yes o o o
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
cantok:
The Nigerian Police can't support #ENDSARS!
What is SARS Aside the military, all others should be merged as Nigerian police!

Infact, it will remove alot of complications and confusion!

1 Like

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by poseidon12: 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Good. The Senate need to tell Buhari that Nigeria is not his personal property to run as he pleases. Since the Senate rejected Magu, Buhari should nominate someone else.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by cantok(m): 1:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

What is SARS Aside the military, all others should be merged as Nigerian police!

Infact, it will remove alot of complications and confusion!
In that case, please where will the new police come from? grin OVERHAUL must come first!
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by austin2all: 6:00am On Dec 22, 2017
omooba969:

You're a deluded miscreant...simple. grin

why do yoruba muslims hate the truth so much

you dont like them, they dont like you,then[b] LET THEM GO[/b]
KILODE
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by omooba969(m): 6:26am On Dec 22, 2017
austin2all:

why do yoruba muslims hate the truth so much

you dont like them, they dont like you,then[b] LET THEM GO[/b]
KILODE

The question you should be asking yourself is - 'what is the truth'?
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:17am On Dec 22, 2017
cantok:
In that case, please where will the new police come from? grin OVERHAUL must come first!
Which one be new police

Reformation is in order!

Under the Nigerian police, there should be departments, each with a head that report to to the centre

Its simple!

People are just calling SARS who is SARS Who exactly is being held accountable for their misbehaviour Someone needs to take that responsibility still under Nigerian police!

The same should be applicable to EFCC!

I repeat make them departments under Nigerian Police

Then selects the HODs still within the police

Then there will be accountability!

1 Like

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by dotedote: 7:34am On Dec 22, 2017
Otapipia:

I worked with efcc for 6 years before moving to another agency. I worked under Magu for two years. He is the most corrupt officer I have ever known. I know so many efcc staff presently serving or retired share my position on this. He is putting up an anti corruption face for those that are not aware of his character.

I KNOW YOU. LIAR.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Otapipia: 8:08am On Dec 22, 2017
dotedote:

I KNOW YOU. LIAR.
Mention my name if you know me. You must be one of those corrupt officers benefiting from his table. God will punish your generation.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by ofwest47(m): 8:28am On Dec 22, 2017
IGBOS or I Before Orders they called themselves are known for their fraudulent activities
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Kiakia(m): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
Buhari has turned a once noble agency to a tool of fighting perceived enemies...

Magu should be sacked and probed
If he is still serving, he should be backloaded to the Police. Buhari should give EFCC some legitimacy. Magu cannot be acting in perpetuity.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by 400billionman: 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
agbangam:
Those criminals in senate never liked Magu, dey want him out by all means and watch how chidren/ supporters of Looters will flood dis thread clapping for those criminals.

Which looter has magu won a case against and sent to jail ?

This is drama

Nigerian youths should wise up.
Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by cantok(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Which one be new police

Reformation is in order!

Under the Nigerian police, there should be departments, each with a head that report to to the centre

Its simple!

People are just calling SARS who is SARS Who exactly is being held accountable for their misbehaviour Someone needs to take that responsibility still under Nigerian police!

The same should be applicable to EFCC!

I repeat make them departments under Nigerian Police

Then selects the HODs still within the police

Then there will be accountability!
Actually, the Internal Revenue Service can efficiently carry out the task of the EFCC. The rot in the police made OBJ to create the EFCC. So as we are, in today's Nigeria, the police is only 30 percent effective and very inefficient. Scrap the scrapables

1 Like

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
cantok:

Actually, the Internal Revenue Service can efficiently carry out the task of the EFCC. The rot in the police made OBJ to create the EFCC. So as we are, in today's Nigeria, the police is only 30 percent effective and very inefficient. Scrap the scrapables
Indirectly you are calling the EFCC debt collectors

I doubt if that is the reason for their creation.

Anyway I think they are better scrapped

1 Like

Re: Magu No Longer EFCC Acting Chairman - Senator Samuel Anyanwu by cantok(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Indirectly you are calling the EFCC debt collectors

I doubt if that is the reason for their creation.

Anyway I think they are better scrapped

The work of investigating and detecting financial crimes is carried out in the UK by the IRS and not the police (only prosecution of crimes). In Nigeria the FIRS was dead and buried for 1million years because of Oil&Gas revenues! Moneys were moved oversees and laundered with ease because the tax system was dead and buried. Nigerian institutions should learn to do the work for which they are created!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Celebrates Peter Odili On His 73rd Birthday (Photo) / Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech – Junaid Mohammed / Afenifere Endorses Peter Obi, Says It's South East's Turn(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.