Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,880 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations (59727 Views)

'Ogun Kill You' - Daddy Freeze Replies Instagram Troll / 'I Didn't Know Hushpuppi To Be A Criminal' - Daddy Freeze Replies His Critics / Daddy Freeze Replies Troll Who Said He Went To Beg Linda Ikeji For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Bollinger(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
mikky4764:

I like ur reasoning but I wish they were right. u don't faith without works, both go hand in hand. I can't sit and fold hands expecting manna to fall from heaven, but the truth is that u can't go far without allowing God to lead the way

Who said anything about sitting and folding hands? You think it's easy to keep ones self informed constantly? You think it is easy to learn the basics of math and applying it to everyday life? You think it's easy to buy insurance month after month? I'd rather prepare for the worst than sit and fold my hands waiting for fairies to come bail me out. It is because it's difficult which is why most people would rather not do it and turn to an imaginary god to help them solve their problems

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Yyeske(m): 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
mj:
The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.

Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7
This post is so simple that a primary three pupil can understand.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
GODAKPAN:
Hebrew 7: with new priest comes new law. this portion is on tight read it and thank small me later.

Heb. 7 Vs 12 says: for the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Why can't the law of tithe change with the change of priesthood. Am a Christian, no to Judaism.

I am a bishop, whatsoever that means. For now I don't know. My point is people are giving grudgingly and G. Os are collecting.
Remember govt takes 20% called tax, that is to Caesar, if tithes take 10%, other offering and projects in church maybe 10%. Then you now start obeying Jesus Christ (matt 23:23) by doing the weightier things of giving. It's a burden on some people especially when daddy G. O. Says you wouldn't make heaven without tithe. Enough of that. I am for Christ and must make heaven through Him alone. I foolow Christ and wouldn't practice judaism
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Mujtahida: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dongreat:

Like my professor will say “Christianity is practiced widely today because we the British invaded nearly every land on earth and forced it on them and if we were serving Ogun back then, then majority today will see Ogun as Jesus”.
Please re- read my modified post.

How we came to be enslaved is a clearly known historical process. Do you know Professor John Henrik Clarke?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by platinumphotos: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
When we u talk about tithe,.. Pastors will be like open the book of malachi but when Chrubium people tell them to open Exodus to explain their believe most will say its an old tradition.

They only preach what is suitable to thier believe.

Gullible ones believes whatever they say.

This is deep sir.. Most of us pentecostals condemn the white garment people for their old testament practice but we all fall back on Malachi...
*I still believe in tithing though
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Justinpm(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
mikky4764:
dear Daddy Freeze, open attack will not change anything, we believe in tithe and we will pay our tithes.
you believe, same way some Muslims believes that killing innocent people will entitle them heaven and with virgins .... Once anybody are brainwashed, it's really difficult to wash indeed

The man said give us scriptural evidence .. Simple .... Why pity??

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
Temysteve:
Just keep shut if you can't reason like a humam being. Not everybody rooming the street are MAD! Some retards like you on social media are mentally derailed.
religion has damaged your head beyond repair... If u cant reason two ways then don't quote me at all.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Yyeske(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
Batam:
Freeze an infidel misleading his fellow church numbers about Tithe.
Has anybody asked him to show us biblical reference where Jesus condemned tithe?
Give us reference in the Bible where Jesus and his apostle practiced or encouraged it
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
You did not add that the Levites are not entitled to any properties but people who collect tithes own not just properties but are listed on Forbes magazine.
You did not add that the Levites were priests and not pastors.
Can a Levite sell books and reap profit from it? Own businesses and reap the profit? Will the profit be counted as tithe?
You did not add that the seventh year being a Sabbatical year no tithing being permissible. Since they have been collecting the tithe, when has there been a seventh year?
What is the essence of Jesus new command if the old commandment is still active?
Why is the Sabbath not kept?
Why do the G.O's not live in the Church building (Temple)?

BumbleDevil:
Let us settle this issue of tithe once and for all.

Those who preach and promote tithe succeeded to a large extent by instilling fears into the people so they won't question the rationale behind tithe and tithing.

As I have said earlier, because Jesus was not from the tribe of Levi, he did not demand a tithe. His descent from the tribe of Judah makes him ineligible to receive tithe, so why do we Christians (Christ-like) receive tithes.

The focal point of the tithe is that IT IS ONLY MEMBERS OF THE TRIBE OF LEVI who were ordained to receive tithe. The Levites in return as demanded by God were to give a tenth of that tithe to the priest (Read Numbers 18:25-28).

Modern-day pastors represent the priest in the old testament. In Number 18:1-21, God commanded the priests to take their brethren, the Levites to come and assist them in the temple with certain restrictions and he gave the priest their own inheritance of the offerings brought into the temple, of all first offspring of both animals and humans. To this end, any Pastor collecting tithe is only usurping the inheritance of the Levites because God did not authorize the priest to receive tithe. Going further, if modern day pastors receive tithes as they are now claiming ownership of tithes, then to whom did they give the 10 percent God commanded the Levites to give to the Priest.
If the act of offering animal sacrifices as commanded by God, is no longer valid today, then why is TITHE

Payment of tithe as ordained by God is to only a group of people, and only one group... The LEVITES. It is categorically stated that the tribe of Levi, one of the twelve ancient tribes in Israel, and no one else, had the authority to receive tithe. (Numbers 3:1-10,24, Number 4)

People are quick to refer to Genesis 14:20 and Genesis 28:22 when Abraham and Jacob practiced tithing. However, we should understand clearly that Abraham practiced practices tithing willingly and voluntarily devoid of any divine injunction. He also gave a tithe from the spoils of war and not from his produce. Jacob's tithing, on the other hand, was a promised he made to God if God will bless him.

Modern-day Pastors are totally disqualified from receiving tithe because there is no OFFICIAL body of men functioning as the Levites.

No one has the right to choose to whom they pay the tithe that God has ordained to be paid to the Levites. So it is not only the receiver of tithe that disobeys God, but also the payers.(Numbers 16:47-54, Deuteronomy 10:1-9) You cannot do that which God has not appointed you to do, those who tried it are severely punished, some with death. 2 Samuel 6:1-8, 1 Chronicles 13: 9-12.

Burnt offering and tithe are practiced in Judaism. So why leave out the burnt offering and hold on to tithe.

Preachers, Prophets, Pastors, G.O's should heed the teaching of God and refrain from taking what does not belong to them.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by mikky4764(f): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
linearity:

It’s time to hit the Bible, God commanded those who paid tithes in the Old Testament to give their tithes to the poor.

They were only to pay tithes to the church aka Priest/Levites every 3rd year of each 7 year circle. Years 1,2,4,5&6; they were to share their tithes with their family, the poor, widows and strangers. Year 7, is the year of Jubilee and there was no tithing.

If you can find these in your Bible, a little google search will point you to the right passages or hit me back and I will give you the reference.

OK sir
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
mabea:
Listen giving to the poor cannot /never take the place of tithing. Christians are admonished by the scriptures to give to the poor. You cant do one and leave the other, if you do you have failed in all.

its so sad how ignorant u all are ............ppl like u never wise up.............u re life time mayees
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by BabaAduras: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
mikky4764:
dear Daddy Freeze, open attack will not change anything, we believe in tithe and we will pay our tithes.

The stand is not an attack but a fact finding mission - simply quote where Jesus or the Apostles collected/paid tithes.

If we are talking about Law era, the law that establish tithes is in Duet 14:22 to the end. Do you have a counter to this?

If you believe in paying tithes to your Pastor, go on and pay it because God said He loves a cheerful giver. But the biblical fact is your Pastor have no right to demand it as been presently preached.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
platinumphotos:

This is deep sir.. Most of us pentecostals condemn the white garment people for their old testament practice but we all fall back on Malachi...
*I still believe in tithing though
there are some pentecostals who go the right way about tithe... They call it seed faith and that's what Jesus preached when he watched the congregation put their offering in the box.

The truth is that the rule on tithing is not perfect cos 90% of tithe payers don't pay 100% of their tithe which makes us still under the law which Jesus has come to modify.

A Case of Ananias and sapphira
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by CELEBRITIZ(m): 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
When we u talk about tithe,.. Pastors will be like open the book of malachi but when Chrubium people tell them to open Exodus to explain their believe most will say its an old tradition.

u nailed it
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by exlinkleads(f): 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dongreat:
It’s so funny and strange when you see Nigerians whose land is situated in the continent of Africa, a continent known for her diverse culture and religion, had Egypt the land where religion truly started by worshiping several gods Anubis, Osiri, Amun etc and for a period with the reign of Akhenaten brought along the first monotheism of which Christianity plagiarized, worshipping, blinding defending and fanatism for a WHITE man god.

They came to our land, told us that our gods are unexisted, gave us a book written by no true author, amended to twist facts, a book written 2000yeras ago, 3000 years after Egyptology and a book where most of the stories including life and after death were plagiarized from the Egyptian book of the dead, and we Nigerians swallow hook and line and finally got tied into both physically and mental slavery.

Jesus said “In my father’s house there are many mansions and if it wasn’t so I won’t tell you” yet an OMNIPOTENT (check the meaning) god is literally asking for your physical dirty paper laced with chemicals and containing faces of celebrated corrupt individuals, and if you don’t you shall suffer, yet he’s omnipotent.

Don’t be stupid Nigerians. Read, study and you will see everything is a sham. If I have mansions in the after life why bother about private jets, earth mansions when I know my time is limited or luxury cars? Oh yes there’s none so I got to go banging on every vanity even at the expenses of the gullible poor.

Nigerians, Narialanders, time to think critically.

Ps: “the thief come to kill, steal and destroy but I come to give eternal life”. From the same man “if you think I come to bring peace to the world then you are mistaken for I come to bring the sword”.
You would think a perfect man can’t contradict himself.

Your ruse are pathetic .

Don't get me wrong but am saying this because you are so right. Is it now to believe there is no God or that the God of the whites is a sham but yet their is God?

Sometime this things get f*cking complicated
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by mabea: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
Esepayan:

its so sad how ignorant u all are ............ppl like u never wise up.............u re life time mayees
Please kindly educate me on this subject so i can 'wise up'. Im waiting
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by mabea: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
Why do people condemn tithe but condone offering. Are there not the same law?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by mbz101(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
FRESHG:
BABE FREEZE IS WORKING FOR THE ISLAMIC GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA.... HE SHOULD yCONVERT TO ISLAM ASAPangry

You are one of the behind men will are talking about
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Rockafellar(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
mikky4764:
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by BrightDeGea(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
Nigerians and frustration, pray to God to bless you abeg, some of those people hating on pastors are doing it out of frustration, you see someone that has what you are working hard to achieve and you start calling him a thief, i know we have some pastors that are taking advantage of their congregations and using the gospel to collect money from people deceitfully, and so we have rich and genuine pastors too, nigerians always want all pastors to be poor to the core because they believe a genuine pastor must be a wretched man and that is a very wicked and selfish mentatily, its only God that will judge the evil pastors not you, some people have been paying tithe for a long time and things are going pretty going good for them same applies to the people that don't pay, some niggas are even blaming pastors for what is going in the country as if the pastors are the president of the country, let me stop here, this post don too long abeg
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by kokkubabboni421(m): 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
EMMAUGOH:

u said it all boss
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Dongreat(m): 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Please re- read my modified post.

How we came to be enslaved is a clearly known historical process. Do you know Professor John Henrik Clarke?

Now this is a rare breed of Nairalander who does his home work and not let people live his life for him. Fantastic video. I am aware of Imhotep but fairly about his legacy. I shall this night search to the end of YouTube and get his documentaries.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by ayoxxzbaba(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
See correct girl.... I love u for ds

we wey dey pay,,,make dem leave us na,,,,pple way no go pay mk dem kwantinue dey eat am.
mikky4764:
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Yyeske(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
removetheturban:
You did not add that the Levites are not entitled to any properties but people who collect tithes own not just properties but are listed on Forbes magazine.
You did not add that the Levites were priests and not pastors.
Can a Levite sell books and reap profit from it? Own businesses and reap the profit? Will the profit be counted as tithe?
You did not add that the seventh year being a Sabbatical year no tithing being permissible. Since they have been collecting the tithe, when has there been a seventh year?
What is the essence of Jesus new command if the old commandment is still active?
Why is the Sabbath not kept?
Why do the G.O's not live in the Church building (Temple)?

Good point

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dongreat:

Now this is a rare breed of Nairalander who does his home work and not let people live his life for him. Fantastic video. I am aware of Imhotep but fairly about his legacy. I shall this night search to the end of YouTube and get his documentaries.
Why is my name appearing on this thread grin

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by linearity: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
felixomor:

Not true.
Paul said they should give "according to how they were prospered."
It was an instruction of reflective percentage.
And it was even weekly, for that matter

Definitely, it must have been even bigger than ten percent for many.

Read it properly again.
It was an instruction of how give according to how yoi were prospered.

The church Putting it today at ten percent monthly (not even weekly) is mild.

according to how they were prospered."

Does not make it tithe, there is no measurement of that prosperity and it was relative and subjective measure and only the giver decides what that measure is or will be.....some of equal income could decide that measure to be e.g. $1, others, it could be $5...

there is no central standard to measure it by and those figures can change from week to week, even when income has not changed; others may not give at all...if you read Paul’s epistles you will see example of those who did not give and he did indicate anywhere that they will be cursed...this is free will offering..Paul’s suggestions were to gather these every Sunday.

Tithing on the other hand was strict, it must be 10% and must be paid to the Priest....not every year, but every three years of each seven year cycle...and it must be paid to Levites and Levites alone.

Abramham, Jacob, David, etc despite been Old Testament Men after God’s own heart did not tithe regularly or even out of necessity...otherwise, there would have been no need for them to make vow to God that, they will tithe if God deliver them or give them certain victory...these were rich men of immense means and would have been tithing already regardless of any victory or deliverance.

The fact that they put their tithe on condition, means that, they were not regular tithers and God still blessed them immensely.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Dongreat(m): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
exlinkleads:

Your ruse are pathetic .

Don't get me wrong but am saying this because you are so right. Is it now to believe there is no God or that the God of the whites is a sham but yet their is God?

Sometime this things get f*cking complicated

Men are gods. Men created gods because they can’t explain what’s happening but today men beform science beyond comprehension that makes you marvel.
Religion is a powerful placebo, a tool to create a feeling of serenity after death.

You believe what you believe today because you were taught. Now teach yourself to believe in what you critically know not what is assumed.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by mbz101(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Some men from there alter will sound it to your ear if u don't pay them ur titith you have eating their birth right and such will die of hungry..

I just laugh some dump follow out there.. Most of them can't read or study the Bible.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by saltoasis: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Thank you. I'm very happy to be gullible. Is it your gullible? Don't pretend to care, so get lost and stop quoting me.
If you have a contrary view, stick with it.
Esepayan:

gullible man be wise learn to read
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Yyeske(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
linearity:

according to how they were prospered."

Does not make it tithe, there is no measurement of that prosperity and it was relative and subjective measure and only the giver decides what that measure is or will be.....some of equal income could decide that measure to be e.g. $1, others, it could be $5...

there is no central standard to measure it by and those figures can change from week to week, even when income has not changed; others may not give at all...if you read Paul’s epistles you will see example of those who did not give and he did indicate anywhere that they will be cursed...this is free will offering..Paul’s suggestions were to gather these every Sunday.

Tithing on the other hand was strict, it must be 10% and must be paid to the Priest....not every year, but every three years of each seven year cycle...and it must be paid to Levites and Levites alone.

Abramham, Jacob, David, etc despite been Old Testament Men after God’s own heart did not tithe regularly or even out of necessity...otherwise, there would have been no need for them to make vow to God that, they will tithe if God deliver them or give them certain victory...these were rich men of immense means and would have been tithing already regardless of any victory or deliverance.

The fact that they put their tithe on condition, means that, they were not regular tithers and God still blessed them immensely.
Good one again
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by Devman: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
Jesus himself did not condem tithe.
Mark 12:41-44
"Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

Jesus understood that even though this widow gave a small amount compared to the others, her heart was more giving because she gave a larger percentage of what she had than all the others. This verse is also interesting because this widow gave all she had to live on. There are many people today who say they can't afford to tithe but this woman realized she couldn't afford not to.
God knows we are naturally inclined to be selfish and will want to keep our money. So while, yes, we should give cheerfully, sometimes we need to take the step and actually give regardless of our internal feelings. The act of giving allows God to change our hearts so that ultimately we end up doing so cheerfully. Many of us, if we let our natural minds decide how much to give, would likely opt for a lot less than 10%. Having a standard keeps us accountable.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations by mrvitalis(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
saltoasis:
Daddy freeze, I pay my tithes, there is nothing you can do about that. Rant from now till tomorrow it changes nothing.

Who the hell are you to tell me what to do with my money?
Freeze never told you to do anything just telling you what the bible said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wizkid Looks Like A Child - Slay Queen Reacts To Wizkid's New Shirtless Video / D’banj Visits Timaya With His New Porsche And Timaya Drops An Epic Shade / Nnenna Nwabueze-okonta (merit) Returns To Acting After Over 2 Decades (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.