Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,087 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online (632 Views)

Ashlorm TheZionist: I Met My Husband Through Yahoo Yahoo / What To Do When Your Partner’s Parents Don’t Like You / I Met My Husband On A Bus After Falling Asleep On His Shoulder. Lady Says. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by courteousman: 2:46am On Dec 22, 2017
I met my girlfriend through a romance tour last year in Ukraine. Since my visit there, we have been constantly communicating online and have even met each other in person several times afterwards. During my last visit, I proposed to her and we’ve decided to live together here in the United States.

She has booked a ticket to come over here for the first time and join my family for dinner. During the gathering, that is when me and my fiancée will share the news with my parents but I have no clue how I can pull this off. They already known about our relationship, but I never told them how we met.

They’re the type of people who are skeptical about online dating and how international relationships work. I’m really nervous and I don’t know how to tell my parents about how I met my fiancée. I’m hoping it won’t be too awkward and that things will go smoothly. Hopefully, they’ll give us their blessing if I can pull this off the right way.

Are there any ice breakers I should know about with these types of things? I really need some help and advice regarding my situation. I’m open to any opinions and suggestions you guys have to offer and would highly appreciate it! Thanks so much in advance!
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by Kennyprince: 3:09am On Dec 22, 2017
You can keep it on the low bro. Tell them u met her through a friend.

Sometimes little lies can pay. If u love her , then keep mute and move on
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by mazimee(m): 3:23am On Dec 22, 2017
There is no need going through the stress of telling them if you know how they feel about online dating.

You can tell them anything that is suitable to them
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by Gofwane(m): 4:12am On Dec 22, 2017
@op, edakun, epp me to arrange one oyinbo girl like your own nah....

Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by Oye0404(m): 4:37am On Dec 22, 2017
Why tell them u met online when you know what their reaction might be, its better u save yourself the headache nd stress cos most African parents think girls we meet online are cheap and irresponsible.
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by Khd95(m): 4:38am On Dec 22, 2017
Tell them u met her at an international conference na

I hope she has something good doing,so that ur parents will believe you
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by dingbang(m): 6:19am On Dec 22, 2017
Does it matter?
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by Harwoyeez(m): 7:24am On Dec 22, 2017
totally not necessary u tell them where u guys met. the most important thing is u both get along well and she's not showing any signs of online dating scam. save yourself some stress bro as the place u met is not totally important as to where you both are going
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by octopusfreaky(f): 7:32am On Dec 22, 2017
lol, something similar happened to me. Unfortunately, we can't marry but still good friends.
Re: My Parents Don’t Know I Met My Fiancee Online by MrSavage: 7:56am On Dec 22, 2017
Dude.. we are in 2017 let all this childish behaviour not enter 2018. it doesn't matter where you met your babe. You could meet her in a pit, warfront, club thats your freaking business... what matters is the love. Often times the girls we meet are good places*church* are the worst .... bro move with time don't be left in the 90's

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Better Wife Material For Me? Bad Girl Gone Good Or Good Girl? / Can You Marry A Grandmother-breastfed And Sucked Breasts Lady? / useful later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.