Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? (40117 Views)

Can A Muslim Skip Fasting If He Has Nothing To Eat Before And After The Fast? / Is It Permissible To Eat Pouched Rat (okeete) / December 25th Christmas Food And Meat For The Muslim! No Wetin You Wan CHOP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by ruggedmallaam(m): 6:41am On Dec 22, 2017
What should one do if one's neighbour serve one with chrismas food on the 25th of December. Should we pour away the food or should we reject it even if rejecting it can cause misunderstanding with them
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by whonamehelp(m): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2017
my friend go and ask Omawumi

23 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by ruggedmallaam(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2017
whonamehelp:
my friend go and ask Omawumi
who is that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by iliyande(m): 6:52am On Dec 22, 2017
ask Shekau
He should be the right person to answer the question better

77 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by eTECTIVe(m): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2017
Some of Us and d way we carry religion are actually d problems of dis country... So U have to wait for ur imam or Koran to tell u before u accept or reject food from a Neigbhour simply becos it's Xmas food?? Hope U also ask ur Koran and Imam for permission when U also need dat ur Neighbour's assistance becos if ur religion does not permit U to accept ordinary Fud given in d generous mood of d season den U have no right to beg d person for even matches or broom during ordinary time

414 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by lifezone247(m): 6:57am On Dec 22, 2017
Una like religion argument sha. The Christmas food especially the meat was not use for any sacrifices whatsoever, unlike the ram meat on sallah day. The Christmas food is a food prepared to celebrate Jesus birthday. Like your dad is celebrating birthday, and you cook and invite people to come eat. So my dear ruggedmalam if your neighbor bring rice for Christmas chop am oh! not talk say I no tell you. Make hunger do you strong thing cos say na your opposite religion food.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2017
ruggedmallaam:
What should one do
if one's neighbour
serve one with
chrismas food on
the 25th of
December. Should
we pour away the
food or should we
reject it even if
rejecting it can
cause
misunderstanding
with them
Cc;lalasticlala,mynd44

Dear Mallam,

As a Muslim, we are not allowed to celebrate Kufr(Disbelief) in any way. We are permitted to eat food from the Christians if it's naming, wedding,etc. But on their festivals like Christmas or new year, we do not eat their food or even greet them in any way. We do not support them in any way. Why this? Because they are celebrating birthday and birthdays is not part of a Muslim's celebration. Because they are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ who they call son of God. Celebrating with them means you agree with them on their Kufr.

Pastor Kumuyi, the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry said:

“We don’t celebrate Christmas. It actually came from idolatrous background. That is why you don’t hear us sing what they call Christmas carol. Never! ... When you find anybody coming in, or any leader, trying to introduce the idolatry of mystery Babylon that they call Christmas, and you want to bring all the Christmas carol saying that is the day that Jesus was born, and you don’t find that in the Acts of the Apostles or in the early church, then you don’t find that in the church either. If you don’t know that before, now you know.”

http://ugowrite..com.ng/2014/02/pastor-kumuyi-is-right-christmas-is.html

So if this christian leader agrees without being ashamed that Christmas is idolatrous, wetin concern us Muslims?

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
Even if it's allowed I can never eat thier food

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by zeenaman: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
It is not permissible to eat such. just try and make them understand. Our religion is not something you practice with wits, we need to follow laid down rules.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Olawalesadiq(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Dear Mallam,

As a Muslim, we are not allowed to celebrate Kufr(Disbelief) in any way. We are permitted to eat food from the Christians if it's naming, wedding,etc. But on their festivals like Christmas or new year, we do not eat their food or even greet them in any way. We do not support them in any way. Why this? Because they are celebrating birthday and birthdays is not part of a Muslim's celebration. Because they are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ who they call son of God. Celebrating with them means you agree with them on their Kufr.

Pastor Kumuyi, the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry said:

“We don’t celebrate Christmas. It actually came from idolatrous background. That is why you don’t hear us sing what they call Christmas carol. Never! ... When you find anybody coming in, or any leader, trying to introduce the idolatry of mystery Babylon that they call Christmas, and you want to bring all the Christmas carol saying that is the day that Jesus was born, and you don’t find that in the Acts of the Apostles or in the early church, then you don’t find that in the church either. If you don’t know that before, now you know.”

So if this christian leader agrees without being ashamed that Christmas is idolatrous, wetin concern us Muslims?
that the fact. i have nothing to say again

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by muzari: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
Some Muslims are like Fani Kayode, they won't agree with you.
Hunger and hypocrisy control some brains

4 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by pmc01(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Dear Mallam,

Apt and very correct. JazakaLLahukhayr

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by sKeetz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
A beggar has no choice tongue

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by nan1: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
MasViews:
Even if it's allowed I can never eat thier food

NA WHO WAN GIVE YOU THE CHRISTMAS FOOD BEFORE OLODO

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by OhiOfIhima: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
zeenaman:
It is not permissible to eat such. just try and make them understand. Our religion is not something you practice with wits, we need to follow laid down rules.

Your quotation is baseless. U shld have knw better not to just write anything u think... Everything done in Islam have being stated n clear by the holy book of Allah.... Allah subhana ta Allah has stated dat any food given to ur by al-iman or kurf, jus recite bismillahi n go on.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Idrisenagi: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
The prophet said if you see anyone doing anything wrong try changing him or her with you hands and if you can't change it with your hands try changing it with your mouth and if you can't then Hate it in your heart we are followers of christ he never celebrate xmas and we his followers believe he as deliver his message and shall not innovate anything to his message, so regarding to the food you must not collect and throw there food else cus God almighty will be angry with you

4 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Pavore9: 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
It is like asking if it is a sin for a christain to accept Sallah meat given to him or her by a Moslem friend or neighbour.

I grew up eating the sallah meat our neighbour Baba Suweba who is from Sokoto have sent to our home every Sallah. When we did slaughter goat for our own religious festivities he and his family partook in it and it made none of us look less before God who created all.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by ruggedmallaam(m): 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
It is permissible for a Muslim to accept gifts from the kuffaar or to give them gifts, especially if they are relatives. The evidence for that is as follows: (a) It was narrated that Abu Humayd al- Saa’idi said: We went on campaign with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to Tabook, and the king of Aelia gave the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) a white mule and a cloak, and he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) approved of him as the ruler of his land. Narrated by al- Bukhaari (2990). (b) It was narrated that Katheer ibn ‘Abbaas ibn ‘Abd al- Muttalib said: ‘Abbaas said: I was present with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the day of Hunayn. Abu Sufyaan ibn al- Haarith ibn ‘Abd al- Muttalib and I stayed close to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and did not leave him. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was riding a white mule of his, that had been given to him by Farwah ibn Nufaathah al- Judhaami. Narrated by Muslim (1775). It was proven that the Sahaabah also (accepted gifts from the kuffaar) with the permission of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) during his lifetime. The mother of Asma’ bint Abi Bakr – who was a mushrikah – visited her daughter and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave permission to Asma’ (may Allaah be pleased with her) to uphold ties of kinship with her. And it is proven that ‘Umar ibn al- Khattaab gave a suit to his brother who was a mushrik. Both hadeeth are narrated in al- Saheehayn. To sum up: it is permissible for a Muslim to give gifts to a kaafir and to accept gifts from him. Secondly: With regard to gifts given on their festivals, it is not permissible to give or accept them, because that is venerating their festivals and expressing approval of them and helping them in their kufr. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: If someone gives a gift to the Muslims on these festivals and that is contrary to his habit at all other times apart from this festival, then his gift is not to be accepted, especially if the gift is something that is used to imitate them, such as giving candles and the like at Christmas, or giving eggs, milk and lambs on Maundy Thursday, which comes at the end of their fast (Lent). Similarly, no gift should be given to any of the Muslims on these festivals because of the festival, especially if it is something that is used to imitate them, as we have stated above. The Muslim should not sell the things that Muslims could use to imitate them on that festival, such as food, clothing and the like, because that is helping them in doing evil. Iqtida’ Siraat al- Mustaqeem, p. 227. And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) also said: As for the Muslim selling them things that they use for their festivals, such as food, clothing, herbs and the like, or giving those things to them, that is a kind of helping them to celebrate their haraam festival. This is based on the principle that it is not permissible to sell to the kaafirs grapes or juice that they can use for wine, and it is not permissible to sell them weapons with which they can fight the Muslims. Iqtida’ al-Siraat al- Mustaqeem, p. 229 Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said concerning the festivals of the People of the Book: Just as it is not permissible for them to celebrate them openly, it is not permissible for the Muslims to help them in that or attend with them, according to the consensus of the scholars. This was stated clearly by the fuqaha’ who follow the four imams, in their books. Then he (may Allaah have mercy on him) quoted the words of the imams of the madhhabs and the prominent scholars.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by WhoBeThisMan: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Dear Mallam,

first of all I don't believe in Mohammed, I don't believe in alah and I denounce all that crap you guys wrote.

But I have to answer this man.
People like thses are the problem of the world. You smell of hate.

9 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by zeenaman: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
OhiOfIhima:
Your quotation is baseless. U shld have knw better not to just write anything u think... Everything done in Islam have being stated n clear by the holy book of Allah.... Allah subhana ta Allah has stated dat any food given to ur by al-iman or kurf, jus recite bismillahi n go on.
even when such fist was occasioned by the celebration of an idol?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Edge1(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
All them wailers and blood s.cking miscreants, this is where they drop their comments. What happened to the other threads?

1 Like

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by odutolasodiq(m): 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
They ate my food during Muslim festivals (eid-el-fitri and eid-el -kabir), I will eat theirs during christmas. If they refuse to serve me food, I will go and knock on their door to request for it. Religious affiliation should not threaten our unity.

FYI: I am a practising and dedicated muslim.

140 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Pavore9: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
zeenaman:

Is it not forbidden on those beggars especially those who are Moslems from the north and predominant on the streets accept alms from Christians because they clearly see am not a fellow adherent and request I give them something?

27 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by zeenaman: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
[quote author=Pavore9 post=63512232]

Is it not forbidden on those beggars especially those who are Moslems from the north and predominant on the streets accept alms from Christians because they clearly see am not a fellow adherent and request I give them something?[/runte
sorry, no correlation between your example and the point raised by the op. It's only forbiden to eat from christians on the occasion of unfounded celebrations, otherwise, it's allowed
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Xerox01(m): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2017
Food is Food to me abeg, give me I'll eat with all my heart

5 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by black56(m): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
op,am a proud Muslim..my bae a christian..
got christian...relations,I don day eat xmas rice before i get sense sef....wetin concern celebration and rice....one love....whatever God we serve,we come from the same one....if u no fit chop ur own bring am...to me...
note:No bastard religious extremist should quote my post!

38 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture / NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.