Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? (19292 Views)

PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ / VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters / Photos From Lekki Toll Gate Protest Against Price Hike In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by AceRoyal: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
Our Petroleum Minister in the person of PMB
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Homeboiy: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
minister for petroleum
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by joenor(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
I think IPMAN
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by bestspoke: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
And it keeps happening every year.
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Abee79(m): 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2017
The endless string of greedy vultures in Nigeria . . . cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Uyiii: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2017
exlinklodge:
I think is the pegan god being celebrated this Yuletide period

My own God can't be responsible for this and he wasn't born on 25th December

chikina

because the so called pagan God is celebrated in 9ja only abiiundecided
hypocrisy overload.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Bollinger(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
exlinklodge:

chikina

What has you god got to do with the availability of gas?
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Nevee: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
No cause really. It is just an annual ritual.
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by signz: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
Petroleum Minister

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by chemali: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
It’s disappointing that we are back to square on one the fuel issue.

I believe it’s a myriad of factors and increasing supply may not necessarily end it.

1. The no subsidy policy made NNPC the sole supplier of fuel. I believe there was a supply gap due to the rise in crude oil prices that prevented NNPC from meeting demand.

2. Price fixing on the part of NNPC. It is said that the price of fuel in neighboring countries is >300 naira per litre. NNPC supplies fuel to marketers @ <160 naira and this same fuel is sold across the border for 300 naira

3. Greed of Nigerians. Marketers are hoarding and diverting fuel supply to maximize profit.

Except there is a full scale devaluation or the re-introduction of subsidies to allow other companies import refined fuel, I doubt if there will be a lasting solution to the fuel crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by kkcool: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
We masses are the archtec of our own problem in this country not govt
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Odingo1: 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
oshe111:
You are asking WHO

LIKE U DONT KNW THE NAME OF YOUR PRESIDENT AND PETROLEUM MINISTER

GUY YOU ARE WICKED!
Let them continue fooling theirselves
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by So101: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
exlinklodge:

chikina
you lack self respect so there is no way you can respect others
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by SalamRushdie: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
Buhari por governance ofcourse
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by ipreach: 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2017
Check the person http://sumo.ly/qlVB

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by adolfHitler1934: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
Who else if not the cow in Aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by bid4rich(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
The curse of the Lord be upon the people that are behind this fuel stuff. Is there no other month in the year that they can show their grievance? why December period! It shows that wickedness is in their blood and its natural to them. Cursed are they and cursed they are. Nonsense people
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by wristbangle: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
chemali:
It’s disappointing that we are back to square on one the fuel issue.

I believe it’s a myriad of factors and increasing supply may not necessarily end it.

1. The no subsidy policy made NNPC the sole supplier of fuel. I believe there was a supply gap due to the rise in crude oil prices that prevented NNPC from meeting demand.

2. Price fixing on the part of NNPC. It is said that the price of fuel in neighboring countries is >300 naira per litre. NNPC supplies fuel to marketers @ <160 naira and this same fuel is sold across the border for 300 naira

3. Greed of Nigerians. Marketers are hoarding and diverting fuel supply to maximize profit.

Except there is a full scale devaluation or the re-introduction of subsidies to allow other companies import refined fuel, I doubt if there will be a lasting solution to the fuel crisis.

This answers the question. You are intelligent bro
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by tete7000(m): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
exlinklodge:

chikina

Which one is your god? What has he done to alleviate sufferings around? Is he unconcerned, totally oblivious of the world problems and left the pagan god to have his way?
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by tiwiex(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
Catalyst4eva:
There has been accusations and counter accusations from different quarters and Organisations as to who is the cause of the fuel price hike that has greeted Nigerians this Yuletide.

NNPC blames IPMAN, IPMAN blames NNPC and Private Depot owners in return.

Who do u think is responsible for this? Your opinion matters....let's discusss.

Who is in charge here? A government that is this high handed cannot allow them to be held hostage. NNPC is my guess.
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by mathew247: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2017
Jubrin From Sudan
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Ojuororun(m): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
MrRemedy:
IT'S THE PEOPLE, NOT THE GOVERNMENT.. angry
MEANING U BE D NUMBA 1 COURSE OF D PROBLEM
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by doclatom(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
Petroleum minister's spokesman says it's because we have bought too many cars this year!

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by bigdot1759(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2017
this scarcity always occurred in every regime since 99, so my answer is MAJOR & INDEPENDENT OIL MARKETERS
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by BCRCentre: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
The person of greed has eaten deep into our people. Petroleum marketers sees it as opportunity to enrich themselves.

I can't imagine where you have petrol and everyday you increase the price, someone who sold 220 naira yesterday suddenly woke up this morning and sold 250 naira without any tangible reason.

where there is no love betrayal and exploitation is the order of the day!
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by kumakunta: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
elChapo1:
I blame those 15million Nigerians who didn't know their left from right.

look at you that is a better idiot na...see your life!
This your comment proves GEJ was also not an option . Nigeria witness the most drastic fuel scarcity ever in 2015 . Airlines shut down , Network providers worked half a day, pure water became 20 naira , getting shege bread became difficult ,while banks closed 1pm . Buhari isn't helping the situation , but GEJ was not any better .

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by coputa(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nigeria three refineries is producing barelyonly 7 million litres of fuel everyday. far short of our daily consumption of 40 million litres.
The importers(depot operators) who brings in the remaining 33 million litres,said the landing cost of the product has increased,so they have to increase their prices,ditto independent marketers(filling stations owners) government said no that they have to adhere to the old price regime of 145 naira pump price.
They now resort to hoarding of the product,thereby creating artificial scarcity at a time when demand is high(yuletide season).
So the blame game continues while the masses suffers...
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by stankezzy: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Daura king
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by SirLakes: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
Buhari grin
Re: Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? by Toosure70: 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2017
The same cabal that dealt with ogogoro man now dealing with cow father. Cabal rules.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Asks AIT To Retract False Report Of Meeting With Osinbajo In Ota. / How US Played Role In 2017 Attack On Displaced Nigerians In Borno– The Intercept / Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.