Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ (14053 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: No Planned Price Hike, Says FG, Queues Spread / 2023: APC Lacks Capacity To Win Elections In Rivers – Senator Abe / IPMAN Backs Fuel Hike, Says Members Will Not Be Part Of NLC Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by osinbanjoisaliar: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has rejected the increase in price of petrol from N123 to N143.80 per liter, saying the Federal Government unsympathetic with Nigerian masses.

In a statement on Thursday by the spokesman for the PDP, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party described the increase as a punishment to Nigerians given the prevailing economic hardship in the country.

The party described the hike, despite the decline in the price of crude oil in the international market, as grossly unjustifiable and further exposes the insincerity of the administration.

The PDP noted that in directing a fuel price increase at the time Nigerians are facing the economic and social trauma of the COVID-19 pandemic, the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration showed a total lack of human feelings to the plights of the citizenry.

The statement said, “Our party challenges the APC-led Federal Government to present to Nigerians, the indices and parameters it used to determine the price increase, which obviously cannot be in tandem with the prevalent situation in the global industry.

“The actions of the APC administration have continued to confirm that the party has never been pro-poor but only relishes in imposing hardship and heavy taxes on already impoverished Nigerians, while running an over-bloated government through which resources meant for the welfare of Nigerians are frittered by corrupt officials and the cabal in the Presidency.

“Under the APC, Nigerians have been subjected to untold hardship, which is worsened by excruciating taxes, including a 7.5 percent Value Added Tax (VAT) on essential commodities and services, increased electricity tariff, obnoxious Stamp Duty and other levies on bank transactions.

“It is shocking that the APC government has continued to impose more burdens that have made life unbearable for our citizens, many of whom have lost their means of livelihood due to the misrule of the APC.

“Only yesterday, President Buhari told the world that the number of poor people will triple following the adverse impact of COVID-19 pandemic; yet his administration, which has turned our nation into the poverty capital of the world, instead of seeking ways to stimulate the economy, is worsening the situation with an increase in fuel price

“What Nigerians expect of the Buhari Presidency at this critical time is to save resources by immediately cutting the size of its over-bloated government, recover the over N14 trillion oil money stolen under its watch and channel the funds towards the wellbeing of Nigerians”.

The PDP charged the administration to immediately reverse the pump price of fuel to a price not exceeding N90 per liter, given the prevailing templates in the price of crude oil in the international market.

https://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-rejects-n143-fuel-price-says-fg-unsympathetic/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by hisgrace090: 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Extreme wickedness indeed.

Increasing almost everything despite the ongoing pandemic, if they can do this during this period of hardship who knows what we will suffer from them after.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by surgical: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
The people deserve the kind of leaders they get
It is the nature of the average Nigerian, that made them to be under the rule of some body like buhari at this time
Whatever a man sows he shall reap

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by Goldencheese(m): 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Buhari wants to end his second term as a villain. No palliatives to Nigerians and now that government is supposed to support Nigerians as they gradually return to their normal lives after COVID-19, the government keeps throwing stamp duty collections, taxes, increased fuel pump price and others on Nigerians.

This is grossly insensitive.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by Equation89(m): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
Who are those advising this people in government?
Do they really have conscience?

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by Macphenson: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hmmnn
Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by SmartProf(m): 6:58am On Jul 03, 2020
A majority of these APC hypocrites were part of the occupy Nigeria protest. They rained insults on the then President Jonathan due to his attempt to remove fuel subsidy. Meanwhile today's Nigeria is a total travesty, and same hypocrites can't cough. Not because if they cough, they will be suspected as Covid 19 cases, but for the fear that their messiah in power will cripple their 2023 ambition

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by PureGoldh(m): 6:59am On Jul 03, 2020
No be only APC.

Let's call a spade a spade....All Dem leaders lack human sympathy.

God gave us oil free of charge but na we dey buy am costly pass......Na we dey generate electricity but the bill wey we dey pay per month no be here..

If all of Dem can be patriotic like late Sir Umaru musa yar'adua(R.I.P)..dx country for make sense

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by Goldenheart(m): 6:59am On Jul 03, 2020
N123.50 /litres

I knew this is too good to be true cry

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by KingMicky3286: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by IMASTEX: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2020
All Nigeria leaders are all demons who have come to kill, steal and destroy.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by OKorowanta: 7:00am On Jul 03, 2020
PureGoldh:
No be only APC

What I was about to say..
I suffered queuing up for 4 to 5hrs most times to get fuel under Jonathan's regime no thanks to the incessant fuel price increment and the madness has continued under Buhari.
Nigeria problem no be about party difference it's about evil people always ruling us..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:00am On Jul 03, 2020
Mumu people what is the difference between APC and PDP I thought Edo election would open your eyes but it clearly didn't

It's the same men in PDP in APC, a bunch of loot some cross carpeters nothing more

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by Cammo: 7:00am On Jul 03, 2020
APC lately has become more outrageous than Covid-19.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by peacenaija(m): 7:00am On Jul 03, 2020
Well, these guys fail to understand that the increase in PUMP price is expected as oil price have soared high over the past few weeks. This means that the landing costs of oil marketers have also increased, if we say government shouldn’t increase it then we are saying government should start paying subsidy on every liter sold to cover the gaps. Do you guys know the huge loss some oil coys made when the price was reduced to #125/liter? We should expect increase if crude oil price moves up further.

PS. I’m not supporting the administration but I’m only stating the fact.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by vigate(m): 7:00am On Jul 03, 2020
grin
Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by uniqueboi1(m): 7:01am On Jul 03, 2020
Na why them be All Progressthief Congress

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by PS712: 7:01am On Jul 03, 2020
cry cry
Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by seunlayi(m): 7:04am On Jul 03, 2020
Pmb is a wicked man and heartless man, he only pretend to care.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by seunlayi(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2020
OKorowanta:

I suffered queuing up for 4 to 5hrs most times to get fuel under Jonathan's regime no thanks to the incessant fuel price increment and the madness has continued under Buhari.
Nigeria problem no be about party difference it's about evil people always ruling us..

Gej gave a solution which was actually is main plan to put things in other but many people were fooled by Apc with their deceit to reject the solution from Gej which was outright removal of fuel subsidy. He even agreed many palliatives to cushion the effect of the removal..... Target's were set to review it periodical, a committee was set up to monitor and supervise the diversion and use of the money already meant for subsidy payment for major developmental projects.... I was only expecting if apc were truly sincere then to suggest some of their members to be part of the so called neutral committee to monitor the progress but rather, they directed all their synergy towards the discrediting of the plan which would have taken care of the long decay in the oil sector and would have made things easier for their government.
Hmmmm, here we are today, even with the main striker (pmb) as head of the oil sector, subsidy removed, no palliatives, no refinery,..... More increments expected as the cost of oil is increasing after Covid-19 saga...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by dechriscool(m): 7:06am On Jul 03, 2020
Other countries are giving palliative to cushion the effect of this pandemic on her citizenry.Apc government is milking from the suffering poor masses to be embezzled by few criminals.
Tomorrow we will be shouting "BLACK LIVES MATTER".While our government is killing us with their wicked economic policies.
God heal and cleanse our land of Bad leaders.Naija na we country. Let's stand up against bad leaders .

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by PureGoldh(m): 7:07am On Jul 03, 2020
OKorowanta:

My brother....the matter don tire everybody.

This is a case of the rich getting richer while the poor keeps on getting poorer

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 03, 2020
PDP should just res po ect themselves because they don't have moral right to judge anybody right now.

If they had fixed the country in the last 16yrs, there wouldn't have been any APC today.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by 2cribz: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2020
Once bubu contracts corona. He go die.same way ajimobi died. No pity

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by Openbusiness2: 7:10am On Jul 03, 2020
sad Very wicked insensitive government
Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:11am On Jul 03, 2020
He he he
Buharididinrins and jagabandicts
U have 3 years to go

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:14am On Jul 03, 2020
4+4 is a goal.. ask my southwestern brothers cool

If bubu request for 4+4+4, my Southcoast brethren will be there to fulfill the mandate grin , very painful but what can I do as a lone soldier at the battle front. Abeg make I go drink coffee, good morning ya'all kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by jasperism(m): 7:14am On Jul 03, 2020
Greedy and egocentric politicians
Re: PDP Rejects Fuel Price Hike, Says APC ‘Lacks Human Sympathy’ by ekestic1976(f): 7:14am On Jul 03, 2020
PDP have so conveniently chosen to forget those months we would queue at the petrol stations day and night, waiting in vain for a drop of petrol which sold at N700 per litre! Nigerians are ever so forgetful. Even then, I don't support this obnoxious increase. I'm only saying that it doesn't lie in the mouth of PDP to ever criticise APC on any policy issue.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Buhari Can't Be Bullied' - Garba Shehu (Video) / Nimbo, Enugu Protests Plan To Establish Cattle Ranch For Herders / Chime Discharged From Wellington Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.