Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) (16663 Views)

Rochas Okorocha: "I Am Crazy And Mad, That's My Style Of Governance" / Retired Soldiers Stranded On The Streets Abuja, Cry Out For Help (Photos) / Imo APC Ward Congress: Okorocha Runs To Buhari For Help (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2017
Na for Yoruba land agbaya dey use baby poo bucket too.
You see them carrying it up and down from kitchen, to bedroom ,to backyard.

You go think say na better thing dey inside,o boy!na Shiite!!!

13 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by hornyofife: 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
yemaldo:
Instead of you to show us d picture of the mad people, u are showing us brown roofs, stop pretending and say ur mind

Are you ashamed of brown roofs?

Oga go and pay for your shiit

12 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by hornyofife: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
nkwuocha po ;Dst=63520316:
Na for Yoruba land agbaya dey use baby poo bucket too.
You see them carrying it up and down from kitchen, to bedroom ,to backyard.

You go think say na better thing dey inside,o boy!na Shiite!!!

grin grin grin nna mehn you are wicked...laugh don pepe my belle

10 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by fanyogoforever(f): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:
I visited Ibadan recently and decided to drive round ibadan and my genuine finding is that ibadan is big, but one thing for sure is that the main Ibadan which is the habitable parts of ibadan(old and new bodija,Jericho,Oluyole, GRA, parts of Alalubosa,parts of ojoor, parts of dugbe, parts of Alesheloye, parts of challenge etc just to mention a few) are just a fraction of the whole of ibadan...hence i want to assume that ibadan is not as big as being projected except you add all the slums and decayed part which makes up over 90% of Ibadan...
Again the governor have done well with roads, by connecting and expanding the road linking the major parts of ibadan. Hence there is ease of movement and interconnectivity. But still the environment is dirty and the majority of the people are still uneducated and local..you will easily find people who can't even communicate in broken english.

One other thing I also noticed is the embarrassingly growing number of indigenous beggars and mad people..especially driving down from toll gate when coming from Lagos,through Iwo road down to Akobor. Iwo road is worse. Again at Ojoor, challenge and few other places that i cant remember their names.You will see mad people and beggars littered on the streets and at short distance.

I packed my car to buy gas at one of the gas stations around Iwo road, could you believe that just within 10mins, I had counted over 15 different beggars..from able bodied adults(men and women) to children to old women(which make you wonder where their children are).

Coming in different ways. Some pretend to be deaf and dumb, some pretend to be blind, the most irritating is seeing strong abled men and women who are capable of per minute labour begging and small children who are supposed to be in school....

I really cried for these people...i Wonder if this is the sophisticated lagacy Pa Awo left behind? If not how come their society has degenerated this low? Or could it be the fault of the present politicians who have jettisioned Pa Awo's legacy? Or is it the indigenous people's laziness?

Who do we blame...?

Cc.

Queensekxy
Uglyafonja
Afonjaheadhunter
Patrick89
Sprumbabafather
Imhotep
Stingman

This is the best account of ibadan so far. Ibadan is a horrible city and I am ashamed to hail from there.

12 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:

grin grin grin nna mehn you are wicked...laugh don pepe my belle

Bro if you see an average yoruba carry small bucket, na two things dey involved. Either na Shiite or Shiite water. Stay woke!

11 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:

Those small houses are toilets. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by IronPants: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mods Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique I think you should delete this thread for good.
Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by Unluckrees(m): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Chai!! These people don finish these people.

10 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by fanyogoforever(f): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
nkwuocha:

We are wanderers, you just have to deal with that.We shall continue to be "parasites " until there is restructuring or outright separation. As we travel for the Yuletide, expect even more igbos because we shall bring more of our kind to take more opportunities your lazy folks are refusing to usurp.

Be a good Nigerian, welcome us.
Word.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2017
By the way where is that Buffon called Alcatraz??
Guess the Igbo curse has tormented him enough to deactivate??

Searching for his new monicker...

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by hornyofife: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
IronPants:
Mods
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
I think you should delete this thread for good.

See them,they are just unnecessarily agitated and uncomfortable with their shadow..what are you afraid off,shy off or hiding?

When you have bragged till high heavens and your lies are now being exposed, you begin to call the mods..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by SIRTee15: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
I don't really get it....
Is this a deliberate act to ensure a high alexa ranking for nairaland.....
Now, if that's the case....
nkwuocha and hornyoflife....
exactly how much is seun paying u for this....
because its going to be really pathetic doing this for free.....
Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:

Many times they fling those poo filled nylons on their sinks.I thinks its like some kind of sports for them.

8 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
SIRTee15:
I don't really get it....
Is this a deliberate act to ensure a high alexa ranking for nairaland.....
Now, if that's the case....
nkwuocha and hornyoflife....
exactly how much is seun paying u for this....
because its going to be really pathetic doing this for free.....

Sirtee, I've been on a queue for like 4 hours to get fuel or diesel, whichever. Im just "taking my time" with this thread. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by horsepower101: 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
IronPants:
Mods

Why are you calling mods you coward. You people brag all day on nairaland about how advanced and sophisticated you are.

10 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by IronPants: 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:

See them,they are just unnecessarily agitated and uncomfortable with their shadow..what are you afraid off,shy off or hiding?

When you have bragged till high heavens and your lies are now being exposed, you begin to call the mods..
Funny you. I am not Yoruba. So anyone who doesn't support you is Yoruba? Clap for yourself.
Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2017
Watch out hornyofife
There goes a black nylon headed your way!!!

14 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by tit(f): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2017
nkwuocha:

We are wanderers, you just have to deal with that.We shall continue to be "parasites " until there is restructuring or outright separation. As we travel for the Yuletide, expect even more igbos because we shall bring more of our kind to take more opportunities your lazy folks are refusing to usurp.

Be a good Nigerian, welcome us.

chaai!
why you do us like this?
ok,
just leave the honey of ife alone

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by IronPants: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
horsepower101:

Why are you calling mods you coward. You people brag all day on nairaland about how advanced and sophisticated you are.
I repeat, I am not Yoruba neither am I affiliated. But this thread ain't healthy at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by tit(f): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
nkwuocha:
Watch out hornyofife
There goes a black nylon headed your way!!!

ha ha ha ha ha
lwkmd

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by Gotze1: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
IronPants:
Mods
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
No no no. Let igbos enjoy, When yorubas starts their own, there won't be victim cry. Will be travelling to abia next week for a wedding, I will definitely do the picture too. I don't like doing that before, with what I have see that are irritating. Don't wish to have it on phone. But will do that. Sweetest thing is that we are going down to awka from umuahia straight.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
IronPants:

Funny you. I am not Yoruba. So anyone who doesn't support you is Yoruba? Clap for yourself.

But you're a Muslim.
A real one or the "fake" one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by deomelllo: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
Poor village Igbos... grin grin

Always biting more than they can chew.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
Gotze1:
No no no. Let igbos enjoy, When yorubas starts their own, there won't be victim cry. Will be travelling to abia next week for a wedding, I will definitely do the picture too. I don't like doing that before, with what I have see that are irritating. Don't wish to have it on phone. But will do that. Sweetest thing is that we are going down to awka from umuahia straight.

Abeg go Abia.Bring it on.It can't be as bad as oshogbo.
I swear it down my life you will use a better toilet system than what is obtainable in your God forsaken caves.

9 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by IronPants: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
nkwuocha:

But you're a Muslim.
A real one or the "fake" one.
All your assumptions are false. I am not a Muslim, I am not Hausa, I am not Igbo neither am I rubber. This thread is not healthy, make una stop.
Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:
I visited Ibadan recently and decided to drive round ibadan and my genuine finding is that ibadan is big, but one thing for sure is that the main Ibadan which is the habitable parts of ibadan(old and new bodija,Jericho,Oluyole, GRA, parts of Alalubosa,parts of ojoor, parts of dugbe, parts of Alesheloye, parts of challenge etc just to mention a few) are just a fraction of the whole of ibadan...hence i want to assume that ibadan is not as big as being projected except you add all the slums and decayed part which makes up over 90% of Ibadan...
Again the governor have done well with roads, by connecting and expanding the road linking the major parts of ibadan. Hence there is ease of movement and interconnectivity. But still the environment is dirty and the majority of the people are still uneducated and local..you will easily find people who can't even communicate in broken english.

One other thing I also noticed is the embarrassingly growing number of indigenous beggars and mad people..especially driving down from toll gate when coming from Lagos,through Iwo road down to Akobor. Iwo road is worse. Again at Ojoor, challenge and few other places that i cant remember their names.You will see mad people and beggars littered on the streets and at short distance.

I packed my car to buy gas at one of the gas stations around Iwo road, could you believe that just within 10mins, I had counted over 15 different beggars..from able bodied adults(men and women) to children to old women(which make you wonder where their children are).

Coming in different ways. Some pretend to be deaf and dumb, some pretend to be blind, the most irritating is seeing strong abled men and women who are capable of per minute labour begging and small children who are supposed to be in school....

I really cried for these people...i Wonder if this is the sophisticated lagacy Pa Awo left behind? If not how come their society has degenerated this low? Or could it be the fault of the present politicians who have jettisioned Pa Awo's legacy? Or is it the indigenous people's laziness?

Who do we blame...?

Cc.

Queensekxy
Uglyafonja
Afonjaheadhunter
Patrick89
Sprumbabafather
Imhotep
Stingman

Lol, exactly my experience when I visited the slum city, not just Ibadan, other western cities shares the same ugly situations. WESTERN ALMAJIRES.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by Gazzy88(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:

That is their trademark, their identity and their heritage which they deny online but the reality is even clearer to the blind...

Afonjaland is still years behind SE and SS. Quote me anywhere
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by horsepower101: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
IronPants:

I repeat, I am not Yoruba neither am I affiliated. But this thread ain't healthy at all.

"Bitter medicine leads to cure"

Yorubas are good at ignoring their rotten cities and claiming Lagos. They like to sweep things under the rug. Threads like this that exposes the truth is very important. That's the only way change can happen.

9 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
IronPants:

All your assumptions are false. I am not a Muslim, I am not Hausa, I am not Igbo neither am I rubber. This thread is not healthy, make una stop.

I will stop.... Soon.
Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
hornyofife:

Thank God you came back safe

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by nkwuocha: 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
post=63521095:

Thank God you came back safe

Safe ke?He should first check under his shoes.He may have stepped on poo without knowing.

9 Likes

Re: Why Does Ibadan Have Alot Of Beggars And Mad People?A Cry For Help(photos) by IronPants: 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
horsepower101:

"Bitter medicine leads to cure"

Yorubas are good at ignoring their rotten cities and claiming Lagos. They like to sweep things under the rug. Threads like this that exposes the truth is very important. That's the only way change can happen.
Me I don't know all the one. All I know is the mods should take down this thread and all other tribalisitic thread on NL. The world is watching us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16)

Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu / Strike Call-off: Ngige, Ibe Kachikwu Sign Agreements With Pengassan(photos) / UK Targets Nigeria, Others Over ‘dirty Money’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.