Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Beware Of How You Book Your Next Hotel, So As Not To Fall Victim - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of How You Book Your Next Hotel, So As Not To Fall Victim (1189 Views)

SCAM ALERT Fraudsters Disguising As Investment Platforms, Read Don’t Fall Victim / SARS Operatives Leave Boy To Fall After Chasing Him To Top Of 2 Storey Building / How To Identify Yahoo Boys. Never Fall Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of How You Book Your Next Hotel, So As Not To Fall Victim by davodyguy: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
Just as the tittle of the thread, Beware of how your book your next hotel, so as not to fall Victim I'm here to warn you all to shine your eyes before making payment in the name of booking hotel.

Some us we are frequent travelers to countries other than our residents and choose to be away from families or where we have no relatives would be familiar with couple of known sites where you can make reservations for hotels ahead of your sgcheduled trip.

Many of us are familiar with Agoda, Bookin.com, hotels.com airbnd and the likes.

I've always used booking.com and it has always been very nice so far for my Trips to different continents. I only returned from Sydney in mid September 2017 and never planned to travel this year again. But since this fuel scarcity started and the terrible traffic we were witnessing, I decided to take a trip this Christmas around 10th of December, 2017.

After playing around about 10 countrieson the internet, I settled for UAE and dubai precisely.

Went to booking.com and the likes and found that most nice aparthotels are fully booked from 24th December to 29th December, save those ones that are super expensive like N600,000 for 5 to 6 nights. I then found one in Ajman.

Ajman is about 28kms to Dubai Airport or say the same distance between Ikoyi and Ikeja Secretariat in Lagos.
Not satisfied with that i decided to extend the search for apartments and stumbled on http://www.flavoapartments.com/

The real issue
I clicked on http://www.flavoapartments.com/ and found very beatiful aparts that fits the budget. I was super excited and quickly made reservations. I got a response from this address info@flavoapartments.com
I was super excited. See the response below

Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:10 PM
To: Big Boy
Subject: Booking Confirmation

Booking Information

Guest Name: Davodyguy
Booking No: 11765
Check-In Date: 25/12/2017
Check-Out Date: 30/12/2018
Check-In Time: 2.00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12.00 PM

Payments

Rental Rate: AED 877.00
Cleaning Fee: AED 130.00
Fully Refundable Security Deposit: AED 500.00
Tax: taxes (7%): AED 61.00
Total Amount Due: AED 1568.00

Luxury 1 Bedrooms / 1 Bathrooms
Downtown Dubai (Burj Dubai)
Sleeps: 4 (Adults and Kids)

General: Central Air Conditioning, Clothes Dryer, Elevator, Hair Dryer, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Telephone, Towels Provided, Washing Machine.

Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, Pantry Items, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster.

Dining Area: Seating for 4 people

Bedroom: King size bed

Bathroom - Shower, Toilet

Entertainment: Books, DVD Player, Satellite / Cable, Stereo, Television, Video Library

Complementry: Free high-speed wireless internet, Free telephone calls to landlines and cells in the United States and Canada (except Alaska). Free calls to landlines only in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries. Luxury cotton towels, high thread count sheets, L'Occitaine bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand lotion. Starter supplies of dishwasher and laundry soaps, garbage bags and paper towels. 1 free parking space, AED 35 for an extra parking space.

4 minutes walking distance from Burj Khalifa
Useful and shopping : Supermarket, Bakery, Grocery store, Boucherie, Cellar, Market, Kiosk, Cinema

Rental rate includes utility bills, payment details will follow once the Rental Agreement Form has been completed. Kindly fill and submit Agreement Form online: www.rentalagreement.flavoapartments.com

We look forward having you in our home.

Kind regards
Omar & Ayesha
Dubai Luxury Apartment
Email : info@flavoapartments.com

Next, i was directed to visit this site www.rentalagreement.flavoapartments.com, which i did.

I filled the only form etc and clicked on submit.

Few hours later, see the response I got from this address info@flavoapartments.com
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:19:12 PM
To: Big Boy
Subject: Re: Booking Confirmation

Dear Davodyguy,

The Apartment can be viewed upon arrival, address: Unit E-1-3, Seed Residences, Downtown, Dubai. UAE. The apartment looks exactly as seen on our website. Dubai International Airport is 10 km away, we provide Airport pick up services for AED 25. Ayesha will introduce you to your apartment and hand over the keys in person.

Our rental price reduction discount was available for 5 days and rental rates has been updated our website. We have had a few inquiries, do indicate your interest in booking this apartment as this is the last one left. We have experienced a lots of online fraudulent payment from Nigeria specifically. Due to this our method of payment from Nigeria is strictly western union or money gram.

We look forward having you in our home.

As soon as I saw the Western Union and Money gram part, I knew these guys were up to something.

I recalled my very good friend on Nairaland here Emmachile has warned be never to do any online transaction that is meant to be paid for using
Western Union and Money gram except Paypal or credit/debit card linked to an account.

I then called my Friend at Sterling bank, who warned me never to try it. I also called an Uncle based in dubai and he said since i found then via a site, then the payment should be done from that site and not through exchange of mails. He even said I should requiest for their Dubai address so he can physically visit then and pay either in USD or AED.

I replied their mail and said

Re: Booking Confirmation
BB
Big Boy
Reply|
Thu 12/21/2017 6:16 PM
To:Dubai Apartment (info@flavoapartments.com)
Thank you for your response.

I'll explain in details the challenge.

I understand that we have unscrupulous Nigerians, but yet we have highly trust worthy ones.

You may wish to provide a contact number for voice discussion, as we need to get assurance that we have the apartment just as displayed on the website.
I'm on PayPal, or Debit/Credit or paying cash before keys are handed over to us upon arrival.

Would appreciate your response

Kind regards

Till this very moment those bastards haven't responded.

The reason I'm posting this 'epistle' is just warn everyone. Anyone can fall Victim, but we must be midful of our moves cos these scammers are getting sophisticated day by day and they are Nigerians like you and I.

Moderators Mynd44 Lalasticlala, Seun can help spread the info and save many people. The website is still active and many may fall victims
May we not fall victims to scammers oo.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year in advance

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of How You Book Your Next Hotel, So As Not To Fall Victim by HeyCorleone(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
Thanks for this man.
Re: Beware Of How You Book Your Next Hotel, So As Not To Fall Victim by davodyguy: 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
HeyCorleone:
Thanks for this man.
You're welcome. I would have been crying now.

I wonder why the moderators have not acted. This is an act of crime and wickedness to humanity

(1) (Reply)

RIP:2 ABSU Final Year Students Drown 2 Days To Their Final Exam In Ebonyi / The Scam Called Supreme Earners On Telegram / EFCC Nabs 11 Port Harcourt Yahoo Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.