Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC (41588 Views)

Appeal Court In Enugu Dismisses Innoson’s Preliminary Objections Against Gtbank / Innoson Admits Making False Claims On Supreme Court Judgment Against Gtbank / Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Application Against Gtbank, EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by nnachukz(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
me am not here to argue...it oa possible to still lose at supreme court even after winning at high court and appeal court..that I'd my take...nothing I'd impossible
Yes you are correct. It is possible to lose there for any of them which is why they went there in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Pidginwhisper: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
Alariiwo:

One useless one here on heat keeps jumping into people's mentions claiming they want innoson to move his business to Lagos.

I don't know what he has that will benefit Lagos. Dead brains everywhere
You dey take that one seriously? Come here tomorrow you go see another side of that chameleon

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Kbs468(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
maximunimpact:
Innoson Nigeria Limited and its Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, on Friday withdrew an ex parte application they filed against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The other defendants in the ex parte application filed before the Federal High Court in Lagos are the Federal High Court, the Attorney General of the Federation, the Nigeria Police Force, the Inspector-General of Police and Guaranty Trust Bank.

In the ex parte application, Innoson alleged that his recent arrest and detention by the EFCC was at the instance of GTB.

Though the ex parte application was filed on Thursday, Justice Hadiza Shagari had adjourned till Friday to hear it.

When the matter was, however, called on Friday, counsel for GTB, Adebowale Kamoru, showed up in court, saying his client knew about Innoson’s move to get injunction against them.

Kamoru, in an application he brought before Justice Shagari on Friday, prayed the court to decline entertaining Innoson’s ex parte application, on the claim that Innoson and his company had suppressed material facts.

Citing several judicial authorities, he prayed the court to grant leave for his client to be heard in the case.

In response, Innoson’s lawyer, Prof. MacCarty Mbaduagha, said he had been instructed by his client to withdraw the ex parte application.

Kamoru did not oppose him.

Consequently, Justice Shagari granted Mbaduagha’s prayer.

“In view of the application of the applicants’ counsel, the application is hereby granted,” the judge held.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/12/22/innoson-withdraws-ex-parte-case-gtbank-efcc/

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun

It's time to comment on this issue that had trended overwhelmingly and the above revelation is actually a responsible decision made in the interest of not only the entire organs and bodies enlisted in this report but also for a peaceful reign and smoother operation in full cooperation in the economic and corporate clime of the Nigerian National Economy.

congratulations all and Sundry.

This definitely is even a great lesson to the Nigerian populace that always jump into hasty conclusion most often than not while ascribing political, ethnic or religious believes and grandstanding to topics of Concern and National interest.

We have to learn greatly and change positively for a brand New default orientation is supposed to have gained weighty and deep rooted ground already by next year 2018

PROPHET TB JOSHUA

LOVELY UNITARY GOD

1 Like

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Ruggedpen: 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Innocent Chukwuma should go and pay up his debts.

Some of us weren't foolish to fall for the ethnic sentiments he tried whipping up when GTB began loan recovery measures.

Why are humans like this?
They act like doves when they want to borrow, but become tigers when you ask for your money back.

Life is simple, so is the rich man's rule.
It is a crime to owe,
But it's even a bigger crime not to pay when you owe.

I still stand with Gtbank
Are you aware that gtbank admitted on charging innoson 500m as in excess bank charges while he was demanding for 780m according to his auditors findings in this fact what makes you think he has been treated fairly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by maasoap(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
davodyguy:
Two sides of a coin
The more you look, the less you see.
Chukwuma will never want to bite the hands(not fingers) that fed and lifted him. Both Zenith Bank and Diamond owned by his kinsmen declined granting the said loan in 2009, but Gtbank being the grassroot bank gave him the Loan that lifted him.

Trust Nigerians to always attachment sentiments and tribalism to all things. They forgot that the same Afonja bank that gave him the loan actually wanted him to succeed, but those two banks that declined never believed in him
Words, serious words.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by okpor2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
Igbo man again? Running away as usual? oya ipob indict Buhari and d Hausa and Yoruba? they forced him abi? Igbo always running when it matters! where is KANU?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by cimag: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Uninformed and ignorant people don't know the rudiments of judicial process.To withdraw an ex-parte application does not mean the end of the case or defeat of Innocent,he may have withdrawn the motion to re-fill a watertight one.
Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by puremind1: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mrnairalandd:
Like i said earlier, the end of Innoson business has come

This is not a matter of wishing him bad but reality

Anybody in Banking sector ll understand what i am saying

As Innoson stands, all Banks both local and international have blacklisted that name for life

It ll be a financial battle for him

To worsen his case, he whipped the tribal sentiment and the publicity went viral to the point Igbos started boycotgtb tag online

This is the biggest mistake any person(small business man) talkless of an industrialist can make

All Banks work together when it comes to fraud and underviced loans.

No matter how much he pays tomorrow to GTank, the dent ll continue to hunt his business for life.

As we speak, Innoson credit worth to all local and international banks is Zero.

His kinsmen through their stupidity and victim mentality have killed his business by making all what he did behind closed doors went viral.

All Banks ll be scared to do business with him and that business can survive without loans.
Thanks for your brilliant submission. The Igbos in particular and Igbos are too senseless to understand what you wrote. Innoson is already dead with no credit worthiness. it takes two to tango. Since he has gone tibal, only Igbos will buy his pirated and assembled cars.

12 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Maser: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mynd44:
Because GTBank had nothing to do with his issues with the EFCC but of course, we Nigerians like to be silly and act without sense

Did you understand what you read?

So ridiculous how many likes you managed to notch up for you severely ignorant post.
Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by okpor2(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2017
typical igboman. always running away when it matters. all their heroes doing same thing. Ojukwu ran ! KANU ran now innoson the fraudster running away from a case he instituted. I pity any one that look on an igboman as his role model or saviour

11 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by deenee: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
puremind1:

Thanks for your brilliant submission. The Igbos in particular and Igbos are too senseless to understand what you wrote. Innoson is already dead with no credit worthiness. it takes two to tango. Since he has gone tibal, only Igbos will buy his pirated and assembled cars.

Leave the ignorant people..they should go and ask Ifeanyi Uba of Capital Oil and Chief Ibeto. No bank does business with both of them after the bitter experiences. Infact ifeanyi uba went as far as duping his fellow kinsman Cosmas Maduka who then was a Non ED in a tier one bank and used his influence to secure loans for Ifeanyi UBA to open letters of credit to import fuel. As usual he also diverted the imported fuel after the bank has confirmed the LC which eventually resulted in Cosmos resigning from the Board of the bank.

The Ibeto story is also similar and resulted in the liquidation of one of the banks before Soludo's consolidation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
nnachukz:

You should rather be bothered on how the Supreme Court case will turn out. If he wins that case, he will be around N8b richer hence he may never need loan facility anymore and his company may never go moribund as you are expecting.
What about the forgery case. What If he lose that one.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by nopains: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
why are all these afonjas jubilating over this? it is obvious you guys have zero jurisprudence. In a situation where getting an immediate order is urgent, you can petition the court without notifying and serving the other party. This is known as an ex parte motion or application.

But while filing this application and second party involved showed up it is normal to withdraw the ex parte application. mind you this application he wanted to file on thursday this week amidst efcc saga which is different from the substantial cases in several courts against gtb which innoson has been winning. there is no compromise here from the part of innoson. GTB is in trouble unless they come to terms with innoson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ruggedpen:

Are you aware that gtbank admitted on charging innoson 500m as in excess bank charges while he was demanding for 780m according to his auditors findings in this fact what makes you think he has been treated fairly.
Are sure r u?
Like someone said there r three side to every story.
Did u also read the one that said mr innocent forge gtb bank staff signatures and stamp.
Every information we get is from the media, we don't know which is false or which is true, but I guess u ll believe innoson since he's ur Kingsman.

7 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Dee60: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2017
No comment.
Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by LEOVOLUTION(m): 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
MrHistorian:
Dubious Man who plays on ethnicity sentiments to attract unneeded sympathy from the public.

Now He has realised he's in for another round of opprobrium hence his quick plea to withdraw the law suit.

Had he insisted on continuing the case in a competent court of law. . . It will be thrown out without hesitation by any right thinking judge.

Inno-fraudster.

"Inno-fraudster." really? Dude quit the hating and get a life, you're nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Omobada(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Some of us weren't foolish to fall for the ethnic sentiments he tried whipping up when GTB began loan recovery measures.

They act like doves when they want to borrow, but become tigers when you ask for your money back.

It is a crime to owe,

For the very first time, you sound unambiguous and objective

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by uprightman(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is a crime to owe,

Is innosson owning Gtbank or Gtbank owning innosson.?
Gtbank is the culprit. They should pay him the money they deducted illegally from his account. But this case with Efcc is a different matter . He shouldn't involve Gtbank.
He should face Efcc to sort his self out. His case with Gtbank is already in supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Uglyojuku: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mrnairalandd:
Like i said earlier, the end of Innoson business has come

This is not a matter of wishing him bad but reality

Anybody in Banking sector ll understand what i am saying

As Innoson stands, all Banks both local and international have blacklisted that name for life

It ll be a financial battle for him

To worsen his case, he whipped the tribal sentiment and the publicity went viral to the point Igbos started boycotgtb tag online

This is the biggest mistake any person(small business man) talkless of an industrialist can make

All Banks work together when it comes to fraud and underviced loans.

No matter how much he pays tomorrow to GTank, the dent ll continue to hunt his business for life.

As we speak, Innoson credit worth to all local and international banks is Zero.

His kinsmen through their stupidity and victim mentality have killed his business by making all what he did behind closed doors went viral.

All Banks ll be scared to do business with him and that business can survive without loans.

I do beef Igbos even my monicker testifies to that but I would never have the thought of bringing them down.They have gone through a lot especially the civil war.They play the victim card much too often though but we should still cut them some slack.
Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Melkizedeck: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
Xisnin:
Innoson will end up begging GTB for mercy.
He was an humble businessman when he was seeking loan in 2009.
He cannot become a GTB shareholder through the back door.
Even if he wins the 6bn case of alleged charges in the supreme court,
he will certainly lose the fraud case which may run into tens of billions
at the 22% interest rate and a possible jail time.
I hope his lawyers can do the math.
Whichever way, it is in his best interest to settle out of court because
his media war will lead to nowhere.

You are only being intelligent by half! There is no proof of forgery anywhere!!! except you would begin a kangaroo court process which will still be suppressed!!! If you don't understand politics you better shut up!!! This case is being handled by a team of lawyers on both sides!!
Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Uglyojuku: 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
TruePass:
Fool of the year goes to this small boy.

Let him be..you this stinking,dirty,smelling cannibal!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by ofwest47(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
The guilty is afraid.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Ghost01(m): 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I know surely both sides will sue for peace behind closed doors.
Gtbank really messed up. How can u use EFCC on your corporate customer?.

Whichever way it goes, your business will be seriously hurt if you take some political step to settle a corporate issues with your client.

Having said that, why did this issue take a tribal dimension? This is one reason we are better separate. We do not have a common patriotism about anything in this country. Everything is tribal and every tribe is guilty. I just hope one day, Nigerian structure as one nation will be reviewed. We cannot make any headway with this mentality as a Nation. NEVER
Issues of financial crime are within the EFCC's jurisdiction. They have (access to) all the information the conventional police do not have access to.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by Okoyeeboz: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
The greatest asset of a business is creditworthiness.

As it stands, Innoson's creditworthiness is in tatters. No banking institution would touch him with a long pole.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by zinaunreal(m): 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
tribalistseun:
GTB must go down
my friend shut your trapp

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC by uprightman(m): 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
longlong:
How this shit transformed into a tribal war still got me thinking

I ran from nairaland to twitter,to see if i would read reasonable thought on the case but it was still the same shit
The reason it became tribal is issue is because the way Nigerians are programmed. When ever two persons are worrying what people first ask or check is their tribes. If your tribe is involve in the case , the next thing is to jump to defend your tribal person without knowing the guilty person. That is why we vote base on tribal line.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / My Experience In The Bank Today / A Loan Company Insists I Take Another Loan! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.