Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,979 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada (869 Views)

Mali Coup: Jonathan, Other West African Leaders Arrive In Bamako / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by Babatundepet: 7:06am On Dec 23, 2017
Site: Exclusivepp.com.ng

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/west-african-monarch-works-gardener-canada/

The King of Akan, located in the village of Adansi Aboabo in Ghana, Eric Manu, has returned to Canada to resume his job as a gardener in order to raise money to provide health care for his subjects.

Manu became king when his 67-year-old uncle, Dat, passed away in 2016.

After living in Canada for three years with his wife and son, he had moved back to his town in southern Ghana to take up his birthright.

He told CTV News, “It’s a huge experience. You have to embrace it with passion.

“It’s something of my heritage, my culture, and traditions.”

But now, Manu has returned to the North American country to take his old job back.

Moving back to the British Columbia area of Canada, he has returned to landscaping and gardening in the town in a bid to raise cash for his 6,000 people.

Manu said, “Sometimes, we go to the (job) site and they say, ‘You are the chief. I saw you on TV.

“Why are you doing the landscaping?’

“This is humility, you understand? Anytime I’m in Canada, I’m proud to work for my boss.”

When Manu first moved, his boss, Susan Watson, started a foundation called ‘To The Moon and Back’, which sent the young king off with a shipment full of school supplies, clothing, laptops and medical supplies.

Watson, the owner of The Landscape Consultants, travelled to Ghana for the ceremony and said, “They’re beautiful inside and out and they have absolutely nothing.

“And you (Manu) came home here and most of us are miserable and we want something more.”

The money Manu hopes to raise from his several months’ stay in Canada will be invested in improving health care, with the aim of returning with another shipment of equipment.

Miss Watson added, “The whole village was quite poor. The clinic only has a midwife and a few nurses. There was no doctor on site.”

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/west-african-monarch-works-gardener-canada/

1 Like

Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by Skyfornia(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2017
Lion in his village, cat in the city of Canada.

Anyway, he is better than many Nigerian leaders, ordinary local government councillor here will refuse to work in a company after his tenure. British Former Prime minister Tony Blair was employed as a staff in a private company after his tenure as a prime minister. Maybe it is time Obasanjo take up a job as a driver in Dangote company. grin grin

1 Like

Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by Obijulius: 7:25am On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari please return to your farm, so that the patriots will return to Nigeria.
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by adolfHitler1934: 7:52am On Dec 23, 2017
See what Buhari have caused, even Ghanian kings now resort to labourer because of his presidency.

Well, it is well even in the Well!
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2017
adolfHitler1934:
See what Buhari have caused, even Ghanian kings now resort to labourer because of his presidency.

Well, it is well even in the Well!
dis guy u are not well at all wat dose buhari got to do wit dis now. grin

(1) (Reply)

Just In!!! Gov.ibikunle Amosun And Aremo Olusegun Osoba Over Next Ogun State Gov / Senator, Governor Bicker Over Who Implemented Kaduna-abuja Railway / 2019 : Imo PDP Leaders Beg Ohakim, Uzodinma, Others Not To Decamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.