Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,851 members, 7,831,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend (28954 Views)

Nigerian Man Graduates As A Virgin (Photos) / Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / Nigerian Man Graduates In Style, Gets Full Time Offer From Amazon In USA (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by Fulaman198(m): 4:38am On Dec 24, 2017
MackyNaija:

I just read your post again and saw where you said your judgement is relative.

Now I understand where you are coming from but that doesn't mean UT at Austin isn't a top school irrespective of their ranking.

Definitely, not everyone will be placed in top 10.

Those rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. It depends on who is doing them.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by jamesibor: 6:16am On Dec 24, 2017
Fulaman198:

World rankings are hardly to determine as the UK is often overrated due to jingoists within the country. Remember, India, Russia, France, Germany, etc. all have fantastic schools. I find it hard to believe that schools in the UK would be better than those in Russia, France and Germany.

E say Russia. How many Nobel laureates are from Russia and France compared to the UK?
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by baum1: 6:31am On Dec 24, 2017
godofuck231:

Little did they know that most of our lecturers and professors have below average IQ to follow up with students with a higher IQ, the results is a flop in their result, when they can't see the angle you are reasoning from instead for them to fine tune your ideas they tell you to shut up and sit down.

You are very wrong. My naija lecturers are not included in this your generalization..Whatever many students will be, many of our lecturers were these things in their days. I agree that some are disappointing, but to say most is pushing it. What is your age?

It's an insult to say most of our lecturers have below average IQ..Perhaps the ones that thought you?
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by baum1: 6:35am On Dec 24, 2017
Chukazu:
Simply put...2.1 in Nigeria equivalent to 4.0GPA in US

That's not true. You are overhyping things.

The successful guy in question is an exception, not the rule. US education is tough

1 Like

Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by godofuck231: 6:37am On Dec 24, 2017
baum1:

You are very wrong. My naija lecturers are not included in this your generalization..Whatever many students will be, many of our lecturers were these things in their days. I agree that some are disappointing, but to say most is pushing it. What is your age?

It's an insult to say most of our lecturers have below average IQ..Perhaps the ones that thought you?
Did 5 years in Nigerian uni and 3 in Cambridge, so we can't relate, am already gone.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by baum1: 6:39am On Dec 24, 2017
amunkita:
Nah so e be for Nigeria..
Bad brothers nd. Friends..

Mine was my father's brother advising my father to change us all to public school just because dad had financial issues but this same uncle trained all his own kids outside the shores of Nigeria..

Nah them we dey call Uwa Mmebi Uncle & friends...

What's wrong with public school when someone does not have the money to afford a private school?

If I had my way, my kids will never attend private schools. There are many ways to give a child a solid foundation than attending a private school, worse of all an expensive one at that. If it is the networking and class that people pay for to send their children to private schools, then I can understand..But if it is a solid educational foundation, this can be gotten more cheaply...
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by baum1: 6:48am On Dec 24, 2017
sammyscholar:
I couldn't agree less! I thought I was the only one who experienced such thing in school. At a point, I even thought I was arrogant to have thought my lecturers were not having enough IQ to make sense from my works.

This is Nigeria where most of our lecturers want one-size-fits-all answers to questions.

You guys keep making a very sweeping generalization and I am just forced to respond.

The Nigeria I went to school, the lecturers that taught me wanted to hear my ideas and see me add to what they taught me. I'm not sure of the Nigerian schools some of you attended or the time you attended these schools.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by oluwashedy: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2017
The best way to tackle insult is to produce result
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by Fulaman198(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
jamesibor:

E say Russia. How many Nobel laureates are from Russia and France compared to the UK?

UK is behind in regards to science. You are not seeing the big picture. Germany, Russia and France all have better Engineers than the UK. Just because Nigeria was colonised by the UK does not mean that it is a stellar place to be educated in this modern age. UK Ph.D. programmes are lacking. They are only 3 years as opposed to the United States 5 years.

In Europe, France and Germany are richer than the U.K. and have better engineered products. We do not have to step far away to see companies like Mercedes, BMW, Audi/Volkswagen with far better innovated products than the British.

In Russia, they are renowned for having stellar Scientists and Mathematicians. Their weaponry is 2nd to none. What exactly is the UK doing? That's right riding on the backs of Americans.

In regards to technological innovation and great engineers, I wouldn't even rank England in the top 15. United States, China, Germany, Russia, France, South Korea, Japan, etc. are all more technologically ahead.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by Fulaman198(m): 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
baum1:

That's not true. You are overhyping things.

The successful guy in question is an exception, not the rule. US education is tough

Very true, either he's an exception, or he just decided to work himself to death to achieve what others thought he could not achieve. I think he's just a very serious-minded hard worker.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by Fulaman198(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
Chukazu:
Simply put...2.1 in Nigeria equivalent to 4.0GPA in US

United States University education is leagues ahead and above Nigeria's current education system. Nigerian education has not been good for a while thanks to corruption and useless politicians embezzling funds.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by Jman06(m): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
amunkita:
Nah so e be for Nigeria..
Bad brothers nd. Friends..

Mine was my father's brother advising my father to change us all to public school just because dad had financial issues but this same uncle trained all his own kids outside the shores of Nigeria..

Nah them we dey call Uwa Mmebi Uncle & friends...
Your uncle did not advise your dad wrongly. Public schools in Nigeria are far better than private ones in terms of quality teaching! Your uncle understood that fact and that was why he advised your dad to send you to public school instead of wasting his hard earned money in those Nigerian private schools, knowing that he can't afford sending you abroad.

In my honest opinion, it is better to attend public schools(especially universities) in Nigeria than private ones. If i have the money to waste in Nigerian private universities, i will rather use it to train my children abroad.

So, i think your uncle gave what he felt was the best advice to your dad, unless you expected him to take up the responsibility of paying your tuition.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by KELVIN086: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
wande don mad sha.
Re: Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend by makstomv: 2:34am On Dec 25, 2017
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which One Of These Fingers Type Do You Belong To? / Lady Who Tried Committing Suicide Over Admission, Celebrates Her Graduation / UNILAG's Ayodele Dada About To Be Evicted From His Home Over Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.