Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! (667 Views)

Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / Husband Beats Wife To Pulp Over Disagreement On Election Results / Domestic Violence - Man Batters Wife And Wards Regularly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! by Angeljay(f): 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2010
Last night I was shocked and terrified as i watched my neighbour beat his ward mercilessly (with iron rod).
Since this neighbour moved in, we've always heard him wipe and beat the women in his household, but last night was actually the peak of it. He was beating his ward, then she ran out of the house, he chased her out and when he realised that the kicks and blows were not enough, he continued with a rod. My fellow nairalanders this is a young girl, i assume is between the ages of 16 and 20, what could she have done that deserved such treatment. I called my husband and told him it was too much and he asked me "what can i do about it? this is nigeria, where no practical law applies to domestic voilence" besides the neighbour seems to like secrecy as he shuns associating with neighbours. Asides from the other weired things he does, this one really got to me. So, i am asking what do you do when you see your neighbour batter his wife and wards almost on a daily basis?
Re: Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! by sulad82i(m): 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2010
The girl needs to leave him. Simple
Re: Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! by queeneve: 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2010
what is a ward?
Re: Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! by coolier(f): 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2010
queeneve:

what is a ward?
[s]
A big room of a hospital for patients on admission. [/s] A minor under ones care.
Re: Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! by queeneve: 8:11pm On Apr 04, 2010
thanks!
Re: Man Beats Wife And Wards Regularly! by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 05, 2010
@poster
i normally wouldnt put my mouth in their soup as the wifey knows pretty well what to do BUT decides to stay and take the beating (for whatever reason it may be) so even if there was a law or the police at their door step, it wouldnt change a thing. I blame the dumb wife for all this and she only has HERSELF to blame!

the reason why someone would beat their wife in such a manner is irrelevant (there are S T U P I D people everywhere), the point is why would a wife stand for such lack of respect/brutality!

in the west you can go to jail for such acts and a simple warning is all it takes to make the "wannabe Mike Tyson" think twice.

if it was a close friend of mine, i would sit her down and explain to her the choices that she has to deal with the issue. if she wants to act on it, GOOD, if she doesnt then GOOD!

(1) (Reply)

: And She Committed Suicide. / Revealed! Girls Smoke More Than Men - W.h.o Report / Wife Palava: Am I Right.men In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.