Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal (46404 Views)

Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal / Boko Haram Leadership Crisis Stalling Negotiation For Chibok Girls’ Release- PMB / The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by seuncyrus(m): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
stankezzy:
Please who read this rubbish? I no get time for am , chibok planed in America against jonathan executed by the northern cabal , when aisha hassan was openly supporting Atiku and northerners were against her especially elrufai, she said one thing "elrufai I will tell the world your role in chibok issue" that's the end all northerners shut up, so why should I waste my time to read this useless write up in collaboration with usa

My Goodness ! are you normal at all ? You're calling a thorougly researched article by wsj rubbish? All you had to do was read and liberate yourself but you can't so that you can still keep holding your bias.

It's really sad that Nigerians lose their sense of reasoning when issues of politics , ethnicity and religion is been discussed.

No one is saying the no

1 Like

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by davidif: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
Feraz:
Interesting!

Modified: first, LRNZH, welcome!

One thing I want anyone reading this article above to know is this: that Nigeria has failed to advance herself technologically despite being the "giant" of Africa; that we cannot use our supposed satellite to map the Sambisa forest - a one time game reserve which if we had maintained this game reserve, it would not have been a terrorist abode; that we have failed as a nation to secure our borders and it had to take almost seven countries to aid with some investigations happening on our soil. It is a sad one.

It's an interesting submission on the Chibok saga and close to being one of the best if not the best. The part it failed to mention is the Borno governor's role in this whole debacle.

1. Jonathan didn't act because his military chiefs had him believe it was a hoax until international communities put interest (a failure on his part);

2. Buhari failed on his promise to being them back by Sept. 5th as predicted to mark his 100 days in office (playing politics with a case this large; BTW, I thought it was one of the campaign promises which he vehemently denied - I stand to be corrected);
3. The Nigerian Police is one of the main causes of this, shooting the main leader in the full watch of his followers and people, birthed the chaos being witnessed in the NE today (yeah, I know, Ali Ndume and Ali Modu Sheriff). Now, this same thing is being witnessed across Nigeria where the police shoots anyone they deem fit and the government has failed to look into it. Shows what i said above - the failure of a nation to arrest certain situation until it goes out of control.
4. The Swiss govt. played a huge role in the rescuing of the Chibok girls.
5. Nigerian government paid a huge amount of money + 5 top commanders of BH to secure their release (despite initial denial).
6. That Nigerians are hypocrites - so many captives in their abode, a school filled up with boys all burnt and yet, we are not concerned about the families of these boys; we are all concerned with the families of the Chibok girls.
7. That the rescued Chibok girls were brave and many stood their grounds despite the intimidation from the terrorists.
8. It pays to have a diary because you never know when you will strike gold with the contents therein. smiley
9. Our media houses have failed to come up with a report this comprehensive since many are partisan.

CC: 9jakohai

What was his tweet on it?

WOW!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked THIS. IS. JUST. ABSOLUTELY. STAGGERING. My goodness! The absolute lack of leadership in almost every facet of this country is just stunning.

1 Like

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by davidif: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
2cato:

And bubu sorrounded him self with 40 gangs of thieves i just bought fuel 4 500 per litter what do you have to say to that
If you believe that chibok girls story is real click like
But if you know it is scam click share

Wow! I don't know what's more shocking, the fact that someone wrote this or that it had 71 shares. Nigerians never cease to amaze. Even despite all the evidence presented to them some of them will still deny, deny, deny. Wow! Just when you think you've heard it all something comes out of nowhere to shock you.

3 Likes

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by davidif: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
aminho:
the man involved is like a father to me

and damn this is the best article I've read this year

Courtesy of the prestigious Wall Street Journal. One of the most popular papers in the U.S.
Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by MaziOmenuko: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
I read this article twice, the best I have read as concerning this issue. This is the height of journalism with a perfect touch of captivating story telling.

Kudos to the writer, I could almost picture myself in all the scenes writen of.

1 Like

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by LRNZH(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
Feraz:
Interesting!

Modified: first, LRNZH, welcome!

Bros I hail plenty
Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by Feraz(m): 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
LRNZH:

Bros I hail plenty
I can see you're somewhat cutting time off Nairaland. smiley

davidif:

WOW!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked This is just absolutely staggering. My goodness! The absolute lack of leadership in almost every facet of this country is just stunning.
Honestly! Just imagine if things had gone as planned right from independence, many African countries would have been stable with Nigeria seriously playing a huge role.
Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by davidif: 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Feraz:

Honestly! Just imagine if things had gone as planned right from independence, many African countries would have been stable with Nigeria seriously playing a huge role.

Dude, I can't begin to tell you how utterly incredulous it is that a President of an entire country with all the full powers of the state along with his cabinet did not know what was on ground and thought the whole thing was a hoax? I was just utterly flabbergasted when i read that.

2 Likes

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by davidif: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hours after the attack on Chibok, the first intelligence reports flashed across screens at the White House. The details coming through were terrifying: More than 100 girls were missing from a school in northeastern Nigeria, making it one of modern history’s largest abductions.

It was Monday morning in Washington. President Barack Obama was scheduled to meet faith leaders to discuss immigration policy, then hold a strategy session to discuss the escalating conflict in Ukraine.

To the surprise of Obama’s Africa team, the abduction of an entire student body barely registered in the press at home or abroad. In Nigeria, the reaction was muffled by military leaders who informed their president the kidnapping seemed to be a hoax.

“We knew this was going to be big,” said Grant T. Harris, Obama’s Africa director. “But it was initially met with a deafening silence.”

On the afternoon of April 15, Oby Ezekwesili thumbed through her phone and found a short article from the British Broadcasting Corporation. More than 100 girls had been kidnapped in Nigeria the previous night.

My goodness! What a country!

2 Likes

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
DUMBSIFICATION FOR REAL!!! EVERY TIME I ANALIZE THIS BOKO HARAM SAGA I ALWAYS WONDER AT THE DEPTH OF STUP!DITY AND BRAINWASHING THE WORLD HAS SUNK. CHIBOK GIRLS KOR CHIBOLO GIRLS NI.
Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by enitiObanke(m): 5:56am On Dec 26, 2017
2cato:

And bubu sorrounded him self with 40 gangs of thieves i just bought fuel 4 500 per litter what do you have to say to that
If you believe that chibok girls story is real click like
But if you know it is scam click share

Only a buffon wud still doubt that more than 200 teenage girls were kidnapped from a sec sch in borno under GEJ's watch. I wish u were a father, with at least 4 teenage daughters,......perhaps dt experience wud borrow u some sense.

1 Like

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by Caseless: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2017
9jakohai:
This is a good article, possibly the best article on the Chibok saga.

wow! It's long and rich. I read it with a wrapped attention as if it's a sci-fi story book.

2 Likes

Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by igbanbajo(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
READ LATER.
Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by igbanbajo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Read later.
Re: The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal by davidif: 1:00am On Jan 01, 2018
Fantastic journalism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Dankwambo Tweets Davido On PVC - Nigerians React / Killing People While Shouting Allahu Akbar Is Not Islam – Buhari / Photos Of Victorious Nigerian Soldiers Battling Boko Haram Insurgents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.