Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/12/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/12/17 (730 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/12/2020 / Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(24/12/2017) / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sun. 24/12/2017) Benefits Of Supreme Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/12/17 by dallyemmy: 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 24TH DECEMBER 2017

THEME:  BENEFITS OF SUPREME LOVE

MEMORISE:
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:21

READ: John 14:20-23

14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

One of the greatest invitations we have from the Lord Jesus Christ is the call to love Him. In Matthew 10:37 he says,

“He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

This invitation is not just to love Jesus, but to love Him supremely. It is a call to love Him above everyone who is precious to us: parents, children, family and friends. If you truly love someone, you would be ready to defend your love for that person at any cost. Sometimes, when you love two different people and the two parties are in disagreement over an issue, you will find yourself supporting the person you love more against the one you love less. When the Lord’s instructions are in conflict with the beliefs of loved ones, most people would choose to please their loved ones rather than obey the Lord’s instructions. Do you love Jesus above everyone and everything else? Do you love Him above your career, work, academic pursuit, etc?

There are great benefits for those who love Jesus supremely. First, Jesus says they will be regarded as being worthy of Him. They will be qualified to carry His banner everywhere they go, and they are assured of the backing of the Most High God. Also, according to John 14:21, if you love Jesus supremely, God the Father will make you the target of His love and you will bask in it. In addition, the Lord will manifest Himself to you. Check out all those who experienced a manifestation of the Lord, like Saul of Tarsus; their lives never remained the same (1Corinthians 15:5-cool. Furthermore, John 14:23 says,

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”

From this scripture, another benefit of you loving Jesus supremely is that both Jesus Christ and God the Father will make your heart their permanent residence. If you experience the reality of this truth, you will enter into the realm of Heaven on earth, where no devil or demon dares to come near you (Deuteronomy 11:21). Are you satisfied with your relationship with the Godhead? Why stay where you are when you can take your love for Christ to the limits and have the Godhead fully living with you?

KEY POINT:
Love is so powerful! You can love God to the extent that He will personally come and introduce Himself to you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Proverbs 21-23
Zachariah 11:15-12:9

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 2: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

1.      What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

2.      Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3.      Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/12/17 by Ibukunore06: 5:05am On Dec 24, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*Sunday, December 24, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS*:- _BENEFITS OF SUPREME LOVE._

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL:*

----- Father, i thank you because *YOU ARE THE GOD THAT LOVES IMMEASURABLY*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I thank you for unlimited love over my life....._*

*_---- Father, I Thank You for the today's Devotional message....._*

*_---- Father, please grant unto me the grace to love you more than anything in this world, in Jesus Name......_*

*_----Father, please help me to love You immeasurably, in Jesus name......._*

*_------Father, please let there be true love amongst Your children all over the world., in Jesus name......._*

*_---- Father, in Your power and might, please do not allow anything to take me away from Your love, , in Jesus name;......_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS AND OTHER PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - 8 )......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS LOVELY* Name I have Prayed.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/12/17 by dupsai(f): 8:23am On Dec 24, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Sunday, December 24th, 2017) - BENEFITS OF SUPREME LOVE

1.Thank you, Father, for your love and compassion, over my life and family.

2.Thank you, Father, for first loving me, in that, while I was yet a sinner, you gave your son, Jesus, to die for me.

3.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, please, give me the grace to love you, more, with all my heart and soul, in Jesus' name.

5.God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Spirit, I call upon you, today, please, count me worthy, to make my body, your permanent place of abode, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, empower me to keep all your commandments and to obey you in all things, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, help me to love you above everyone and everything, else, that are precious to me, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, give me the strength and the power to defend your love, at any cost and to follow you till the end, no matter the challenges, that I may face, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, count me worthy to carry your banner, anywhere I go and, as I do, always, give me the assurance of your presence, support and backing, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, let me begin to experience the manifestations of your power, favours and presence, in my life, as I continue to walk in your love, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, grant Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the author of the open heavens daily devotional and general overseer of RCCG, the grace to walk in your love, till the end, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

5 Craziest Moral Questions About Sex Dolls That Must Be Answered / Stories Behind Great Hymns.... Blessed Assurance / Breaking News: 34 Roman Catholic Priests Resign At Once!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.