Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror (3742 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / How To Maintain Two Homes With 80k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by elizabetta(f): 6:34pm On May 30, 2008
I agree too,some women are also terrors to their husbands and children,some men can not talk in their home the women controls the home.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by Leilah(f): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2008
I dont think naija women ever get to control their homes. This sort of thing happens in the west though.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by BigSis(f): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2008
Nawah,

Your story is sad. But I think it is a good idea for neighbors not to bother and exposed themselves to violence. The woman is there and hasn't made a move to leave. So though I would feel sorry for her, I would not intervene. It is none of my business. The women who get beat up by their husbands is a sad thing, but I would never put my self at risk for someone else's decisions.

I just know if that man ever came after me one of use is going to grave yard.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by Gabry(f): 12:44am On Jun 04, 2008
undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by yemivictor: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2008
Leilah:

I don't think naija women ever get to control their homes. This sort of thing happens in the west though.

Believe it or not, there are such cases still! tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by luvbooks(f): 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2009
, That's messed up.

The thing about being abused is that it gets into the mind. You find yourself thinking, "Well, I probably deserved it" , and it usually happens to women with low self- esteem. Those are the women who become victims while the victimizers are the men, and guess what? They also have low self- esteem. So it's a vicious cycle that never ends.
It reminds me of a classmate of mine, she is a girl whom most boys would die for. She's smart, pretty, a fantastic figure, but she's currently going out with a guy who not only beats her, but cheats on her as well. He beat her to the extent that he once had to take her to the local NHS here in the UK. They are'nt even engaged or married, just boy / girl friend.

A rather off- point example is when my classmates would complain of their seniors bullying them, but since they were too weak to deal with the seniors, they would vow to take it out on the innocent juniors who were to come. A classic example of the saying " The fathers have eaten sour grapes and now the children's teeth are on edge" .

A solution to the problem would be found if , and only if women stopped taking so much trash from guys. When he hits you, forget about what your family and friends will say, and RUN!!!! ( If you can hit him back, plesase do so) They are not wearing the shoes so they don't know where it pinches.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by theolar: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2009
Dis type of abuse is d most common especially in dis part of d world . A friend of mine just left her husband afta 10yrs of courtship and 6yrs ofmarriage wit 2 beautiful kids. She actually told me of an incidence dat he beat her into d streets and kept draggin thru d streets. I told how happi i was dat she had liberatd herself. Women shuld learn to be financially independent dat way wen dey are abusd dey ave little fear 4 d unknown
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by lolaluv1(f): 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
I had to bring up this old topic. It's a topic that is close to my heart.
Abusive relationships should never be condoned. Run away with your life!
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by agiboma(f): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2012
lola.luv:

I had to bring up this old topic. It's a topic that is close to my heart.
Abusive relationships should never be condoned. Run away with your life!

Abuse does not always have to be physical. You can live with one of these WICKED men and they abuse you in different ways, i.e metal, psycological abuse which is more draining cause it really eats away at your inner core. To me men that run their hose in this way are simply wicked no t=other word to describe them IMO.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Rule their Homes With Terror by queensmith: 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2012
It really is a shame. Nigerian men are often alienated from thier homes. Rarely close to their children. ANd its all because of the gender stereotypes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Disconnect: Mode Of Disflowering Versus Incidence Of Pedophile Rape / Coming 4rm Abroad 4 My Wedding With #2 Million, Is That Enough? / Staring At Women’s Breasts Make Men Live Longer, Healthier – Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.