Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. (3025 Views)

Nigerians On Facebook Apologize To GEJ For Voting Against Him In 2015 (photos) / Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration / Is There Anything We Crucified GEJ For That Has'nt Happened Under PMB? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
The heading is no sarcasm,joke or trying to pull anybody's leg.
I truly blame Jonathan for the monumental error,suffering,disaster and crass incompetence that has characterized Buhari's rule since 2015.
My reason is quite simple:
Goodluck Jonathan was voted in in a historical election.He was the first head of government of any make in Nigeria to come from a minority tribe.
He was overwhelmingly supported by those who saw his coming to power as the chain breaker that would liberate every ethnic group in Nigeria to believe it had a stake in corporate Nigeria.
However,for 5yrs,Jonathan failed to deliver on good governance.
He allowed corruption to become an acceptable form of governance.
He dilly dallied on Boko Haram till they threatened the 2015 elections.
He failed majorly on the economy as signs of Nigeria sliding into debts,unpaid salaries,unemployment and various crimes began to manifest.
He was clearly inclined to favouring his Ijaw stock,to the detriment of even other Southern ethnic groups.
The choice was stark:reelect Jonathan and face the fear of Nigeria sliding further down or elect a man championed and dressed in robes to be non corrupt,with impeccable integrity and backed by big financiers,who could match PDP's vote for money strategy.
In otherwords,if Jonathan had shown just the slightest desire to fight corruption,had battled BH early on,instead of allowing those around him to mess him up,and those in the North to add further insult by sabotaging efforts towards that end,and had by fighting corruption,got sufficient funds to tackle the bankruptcy Nigeria was heading to and a consequent traumatised economy with it,many that voted Buhari won't have dare look at an old man,that was scared of debate,and whose whole image was craftly forged for the voting public.
So yes,Buhari has turned out to be a great disaster,a very divisive,grossly incompetent,parochial president and one no country should ever pray to have,but if Jonathan had put in just one more bit of honest effort,we would all have been saved the Buhari nightmare we are all living witnesses to.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
milk is spilt already ... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by Dhugal: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
Jonathan,by omission or commission,did not foist any Buhari on Nigerians.
Buhari is a clusterfuck,a bad decision Nigerians of their own free will made,despite several warnings.
We laid this bed,we should lie on it jejely,hoping we've learnt our lessons and not indulge in such again.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by BiafranBushBoy: 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
Both Jonathan and Buhari...

Both of them are clear idiots!! Who them help?

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
Dhugal:
Jonathan,by omission or commission,did not foist any Buhari on Nigerians.
Buhari is a clusterfuck,a bad decision Nigerians of their own free will made,despite several warnings.
We laid this bed,we should lie on it jejely,hoping we've learnt our lessons and not indulge in such again.
The background was laid by Jonathan's own incompetence.
The people crying that 2019 should come sooner to vote out Buhari are doing so not out of any personal beef or hatred but because they have witnessed first hand his misrule.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by SalamRushdie: 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
Jonathan is guilty of many crimes against Nigerians but his greatest crime aaginst the the people of Nigeria remains making perenially unelectable Buhari become electable

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Jonathan is guilty of many crimes against Nigerians but his greatest crime against the people of Nigeria remains making perenially unelectable Buhari become electable
You with the bolded just aptly summarized my post.
I also quite agree with you that making Buhari electable was his greatest crime,and I wish he would get punished for it even in the after life.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Both Jonathan and Buhari...

Both of them are clear idiots!! Who them help?
They should concern us because they both have caused us years as a nation,yrs under which a fairly average leader would have taken us 8yrs and counting forward.

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by kettykin: 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
why blame God for creating satan

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by kettykin: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
why blame God for creating Lucifer

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by onward4life(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
Dnt look @ we Yoruba oooo while blaming or else!
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by Saaruman(m): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
What if.... What if... and What if GEJ...what kind if talk is this? So people are now blaming GEJ for buhari's Incompetence? I thought the Vegetable was the messiah voted in to write the wrongs of GEJ? grin You allowed media to play ludo with your Brain to vote in the man who failed in 1984 and you're here blaming GEJ. The same man fela called animal in human skin.
If you are here blaming GEJ for buhari's failures and you're not blaming yourself for voting in the dullard then you're not different from buhari D Vegetable.

19 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by mightyhazel: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
Saaruman:
What if.... What if... and What if GEJ...what kind if talk is this? So people are now blaming GEJ for buhari's Incompetence? I thought the Vegetable was the messiah voted in to write the wrongs of GEJ? grin You allowed media to play ludo with your Brain to vote in the man who failed in 1984 and you're here blaming GEJ. The same man fela called animal in human skin.
If you are here blaming GEJ for buhari's failures and you're not blaming yourself for voting in the dullard then you're not different from buhari D Vegetable.
gbam

just imagine reasoning..

9 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
Saaruman:

If GEJ had done well,would I have thought of Buhari?
Even if GEJ had done averagely well,by arithmetic he won't have lost.
Let me tell you why:GEJ's performance was so abysmal that the electorate in a core support base of his,the SouthEasterners,in the SouthEast,became indifferent at best to his re-election.In 2011,Jonathan was scoring averagely 700,000 -1million votes,per each SE state,with some rigging admittedly.That gave him about 3.5-4million vote margin from the 5 SE states.
Fast forward 2015,average vote for same man was 300,000/state,giving him margin of 1.5million.
GEJ lost the 2015 elections,despite the tsunamis in Kano,Kaduna,Katsina,Bauchi etc,by a mere 3million votes.
That 3million would have been wiped out if the SouthEasterners that also felt disenchanted with his rule,but could not imagine themselves supporting the disaster now ruling us,had come out to vote(4million 2011-1.5million 2015=almost 3million)for him as they did in 2011.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by deji68: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2017
Well, under GEJ we had growth, single digit inflation, in agric he did well, fought corruption, IPPS, TSA , BVN, ,health they didnt badly, p0li0 eradication, telecom,extended internet coverage, infrastructural renewal , many roads were rehabiltated, many , airport refurbished, raiway brought back to life, cashless policy,...the list is long, blame yourself for your poor choice like many others are doing right now grin grin grin
doctokwus:

Let me tell you why:GEJ's performance was so abysmal that the electorate in a core support base of his,the SouthEasterners,in the SouthEast,became indifferent at best to his re-election.In 2011,Jonathan was scoring averagely 700,000 -1million votes,per each SE state,with some rigging admittedly.That gave him about 3.5-4million vote margin from the 5 SE states.
Fast forward 2015,average vote for same man was 300,000/state,giving him margin of 1.5million.
GEJ lost the 2015 elections,despite the tsunamis in Kano,Kaduna,Katsina,Bauchi etc,by a mere 3million votes.
That 3million would have been wiped out if the SouthEasterners that also felt disenchanted with his rule,but could not imagine themselves supporting the disaster now ruling us,had come out to vote(4million 2011-1.5million 2015=almost 3million)for him as they did in 2011.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by doctokwus: 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
deji68:
Well, under GEJ we had growth, single digit inflation, in agric he did well, fought corruption, IPPS, TSA , BVN, ,health they didnt badly, p0li0 eradication, telecom,extend internet coverage, infrastrctural renewal , many roads were rehabiltated, many , airport refurbished, raiway brought back to life, casless policy,...the ist is long, blame yourself for your poor choice like many others are doing right now grin grin grin
Corruption,security he didn't do well and we all felt even a monkey could not do worse,talkless of one dressed in the robes of a 'corruptness' messiah.
Now we know better than someone can perform even less than just an inanimate object placed on the presidential seat.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2017
Forget It U Think U Re Making Sense Nt Knwing U Re Not Making Sense.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by jamesibor: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
doctokwus:
The heading is no sarcasm,joke or trying to pull anybody's leg.
I truly blame Jonathan for the monumental error,suffering,disaster and crass incompetence that has characterized Buhari's rule since 2015.
My reason is quite simple:
Goodluck Jonathan was voted in in a historical election.He was the first head of government of any make in Nigeria to come from a minority tribe.
He was overwhelmingly supported by those who saw his coming to power as the chain breaker that would liberate every ethnic group in Nigeria to believe it had a stake in corporate Nigeria.
However,for 5yrs,Jonathan failed to deliver on good governance.
He allowed corruption to become an acceptable form of governance.
He dilly dallied on Boko Haram till they threatened the 2015 elections.
He failed majorly on the economy as signs of Nigeria sliding into debts,unpaid salaries,unemployment and various crimes began to manifest.
He was clearly inclined to favouring his Ijaw stock,to the detriment of even other Southern ethnic groups.
The choice was stark:reelect Jonathan and face the fear of Nigeria sliding further down or elect a man championed and dressed in robes to be non corrupt,with impeccable integrity and backed by big financiers,who could match PDP's vote for money strategy.
In otherwords,if Jonathan had shown just the slightest desire to fight corruption,had battled BH early on,instead of allowing those around him to mess him up,and those in the North to add further insult by sabotaging efforts towards that end,and had by fighting corruption,got sufficient funds to tackle the bankruptcy Nigeria was heading to and a consequent traumatised economy with it,many that voted Buhari won't have dare look at an old man,that was scared of debate,and whose whole image was craftly forged for the voting public.
So yes,Buhari has turned out to be a great disaster,a very divisive,grossly incompetent,parochial president and one no country should ever pray to have,but if Jonathan had put in just one more bit of honest effort,we would all have been saved the Buhari nightmare we are all living witnesses to.

Blame yourself for campaigning for a man with no history of good education.

You played yourself mate.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by deji68: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2017
The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with empty promises...GEJ
NA YOUR CHOICE grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by Adminisher: 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2017
deji68:
The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with empty promises...GEJ NA YOUR CHOICE grin grin grin

Yes . The choice is still Buhari
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by deji68: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2017
Well , maybe u can tell us what he didnt do about fighting corruption...apart from NE Naija was relativel safe, to the point we hardly had checkpoints, today kidnapping, badoo, bokoharam, fulani herdsmen,...... cool cool cool
doctokwus:

Corruption,security he didn't do well and we all felt even a monkey could not do worse,talkless of one dressed in the robes of a 'corruptness' messiah.
Now we know better than someone can perform even less than just an inanimate object placed on the presidential seat.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by wirinet(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2017
Saaruman:

So who should we have voted for, Jonathan that squandered our oil windfall and handled Boko Haram with kid gloves. If the choice is between Jonathan and Buhari again, Buhari will still come out tops.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by wirinet(m): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
deji68:

Well , maybe u can tell us what he didnt do about fighting corruption...apart from NE Naija was relativel safe, to the point u we hardly had checkpoints, today kidnapping, badoo, bokoharam, fulani herdsmen,...... cool cool cool

Relatively safe? Maybe you were living in nigeria in an alternate universe.

The south east, the south south, the north west, apart from the north east and even Abuja was highly unsage diring GEJ era. I am not saying that things have improved much apart from north east and Abuja, but to say nigeria was relatively safe during Jonathans reign is a white lie.

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
doctokwus:

Op I am surprised at you. Surprised because as a Nigerian resident here and conversant with the politics, you failed to analyze the conspiracy that ousted Jonathan critically and I will help you with some.

1. The SE/SS voters were greatly disenfranchised through the instrumentality of INEC. Many could not vote because they didn't have voters card. Unlike in the north where Inec officials delivered voters card to the Emirs palace where people gently strolled in to collect their cards and in some cases, politicians went their to buy them off, other zones especially SE where I come from, you must appear in person at Inec offices under very stressful conditions which could be for days before you are finally given. Sometimes, after several attempts, people gave up trying and at other times, the cards were simply not found!

2. The north desperately needed to take power after an alleged gentleman agreement for a single term was breached.

3. Jonathan was a greenhorn in national politics and I doubt if he was ever willing to learn how to play the kind of Machiavellian politics played by people like OBJ. Imagine a Cin C going to Sokoto and getting stoned in a state with a PDP sitting governor and he let the governor last a day longer in office Imagine if it was OBJ, Tinubu, IBB, Saraki, Abacha or even anti- social Buhari, heads would role!

4. The issues those who put him in power had with him was his unwillingness to be totally controlled by them e.g OBJ and not due to any non-perfomance issue.

5. Yes there was corruption, so was it in past govts before him and even the opposition ACN that deployed their tool for propaganda on this account were dirtier on the regional level.

6. If Jonathan was a northerner, he would have been worshipped like a Messiah no matter how incompetent he came across.

7. The only area Jonathan failed was not reining in his wife at the right time.

8. Those who helped bring Buhari to power did so out of self interest e.g the SW, theirs was going to be a president in waiting!

I know you are a Tinubu man to the core and I respect you for displaying your dissatisfaction openly without a care, but you have to put all the cards on the table.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by deji68: 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
well, like i said apart fro NE Nigeria was relatively safe at least used to travel from lagos to ibadan , no single checkpoint...and was safe
wirinet:

Relatively safe? Maybe you were living in nigeria in an alternate universe.

The south south, the south south, the north west, apart from the north east and even Abuja was highly unsage diring GEJ era. I am not saying that things have improved much apart from north east and Abuja, but to say nigeria was relatively safe during Jonathans reign is a white lie.
Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
jamesibor:

Blame yourself for campaigning for a man with no history of good education.

You played yourself mate.
Not only that, what track record of performance did Buhari possess both as Military head of state, Petroleum Minister and PTF chairman and even as a private citizen??

Buhari thought supporting the spread of Sharia law across the 36 states was what being president over 200m people entailed until reality dawned on him!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
Rubbish post. Jonathan was the best president Nigeria, and indeed Africa has ever seen. A president who understood and believed in the power of the people and institutions, instead of the popular belief in party Neo-colonial Godfatherism and self politics practiced and worshipped by the selfish, phoolish and demonic african political elite.
Jonathan failed because Nigeria is an impossible futile, built-to-fail project. Nobody except Jehovah can turn nigeria into a success. If you like bring Roosevelt, chiang kai sheikh, Chairman Mao and Eisenhower to reform nigeria. They will all fail with flying colors. Nigeria is ungovernable; and that's a fact. Try chopping down a tree with a blunt axe, and you will understand what Jonathan went through. The only mistake Jonathan made was that he believed in this ridiculous, hopeless, sinful nation. Worse was that he believed in you and me.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
wirinet:

So who should we have voted for, Jonathan that squandered our oil windfall and handled Boko Haram with kid gloves. If the choice is between Jonathan and Buhari again, Buhari will still come out tops.
Yes you are right about the kid gloves. Jonathan pandered so much to the sentiments of northerners e.g Buhari who declared that an attack on BH was anti north. Jonathan wasn't man enough to arrest the silly old enemy of state and make him explain what he actually meant by that!

He pandered so Mindlessly to there stupidity when he declared a quasi state of emergency in the affected states and still allowed the governors to remain in office while empowering them with huge allocations.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by deji68: 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
The guy is a true democrat, ...i still blame him for that,
frankyychiji:
Yes you are right about the kid gloves. Jonathan pandered so much to the sentiments of northerners e.g Buhari who declared that an attack on BH was anti north. Jonathan wasn't man enough to arrest the silly old enemy of state and make him explain what he actually meant by that!

He pandered so Mindlessly to there stupidity when he declared a quasi state of emergency in the affected states and still allowed the governors to remain in office while empowering them with huge allocations.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by femo122: 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
shocked

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
...Ngeneukwuenu came, read and passed without screaming IPOB, why nah? grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. by frankyychiji(f): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
deji68:
The guy is a true democrat, ...i still blame him for that,
This OP just opened up old wounds embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alleged Plan By Apc To Replace Vice President Yemi Osinbajo With Someone From Th / Corruption Is Nigeria’s War, Says Salisu Shehu / Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.