Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (41159 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri / Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
People are jostling for the course doesn't mean you shouldn't follow your dream. If you give up then you don't deserve to get it in the first place.

Defeatist mentality
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by kokomaster3d: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
A Sociology Graduate in the US earn more than a Medicine Graduate in Nigeria. We placed more value in certificate in this country more than knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by LordKeynes: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
From my own perspective, I think advising jambite not to choose a certain course is not good enough rather they should be advice to work hard and pray.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by sexyboocalher(f): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
Please do not study biochemistry in Nigeria!!!!
I repeat, do not study BIOCHEMISTRY!!!
They will so frustrate u and when u eventually graduate, u will become as useless as d 'P' in psychology!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
acupikin:
you are welcome
One of the most difficult courses.. Use of English.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by stevejomo(m): 12:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
some of the reasons stem from laziness especially that of pharmacy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
In my school dentistry is the most competitive in terms of admission. Only about 25 students are admitted yearly from the thousands that apply. When they get admitted they spend more time in exam hall than anywhere else. Repeat and Withdrawals are not uncommon.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
kokomaster3d:
A Sociology Graduate in the US earn more than a Medicine Graduate in Nigeria. We placed more value in certificate in this country more than knowledge.
so the sociologist do not collect certificate abi
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Daraph(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
I'm proud of my course
Forestry and Wood Technology
Proudly a student of the best University of Technology in Nigeria.
Federal University of Technology, Akure.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Daraph(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
I'm proud of my course
Forestry and Wood Technology
Proudly a student of the best University of Technology in Nigeria.
Federal University of Technology, Akure.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Deo1986(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
And instead of encouraging dummies to go learn a trade, you are telling them of courses to avoid.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Andy2274: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
acupikin:
I'm not discouraging anyone dear,it's just for them to know the prons and cons of the courses they picked,if things don't work out well they should not lose all hope
. Which course did you advice them to go for?
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by labelle123(f): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
what about French
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by kingayy: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
undecided kiss
acupikin:

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/education/top-5-courses-regret-picking-2018-jamb

In all I wish you blast your jamb 2018 with fantastic scores

I see this as a way of discouraging people. Just because you know someone who wasn't admitted does not mean we don't know another person who was admitted!..

acupikin:

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/education/top-5-courses-regret-picking-2018-jamb

I see this as a way of discouraging people. Just because you know someone who wasn't admitted does not mean we don't know another person who was admitted!..

acupikin:

You're a cunny being! Don't mind the OP enthusiastic Nigerian, put your trust in God and prepare hard for the battle and not this Op!

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by enemyofprogress: 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
That's why I'm studying Arabic and bomb throwing anatomy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by kingayy: 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
kokomaster3d:
Goan tear your certi*****s then or you goan study sociology!
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by kokomaster3d: 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
kingayy:

Goan tear your certi*****s then or you goan study sociology!

For our info I don't have certificate, but I am living my dream.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Shilohbliss(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nice write up and courses selected, now I would have liked it more if you had suggested other alternatives for them. Anyway good job
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by guru90: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
potfron:
Accounting should be added

banks plenty In Nigeria where the person will work via accounting course.........lolz
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
sexyboocalher:
Please do not study biochemistry in Nigeria!!!!
I repeat, do not study BIOCHEMISTRY!!!
They will so frustrate u and when u eventually graduate, u will become as useless as d 'P' in psychology!
its wrong to say someone else will fail becos u failed.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
Getin admission these days is very hard, don't believe anyone that tells you only reading can get u there its all a lie to tell you the truth even if you read heaven and earth, had an aggregate of 300+ and you made a bad decision who won't get it ask candidates who wrote 2016 they are will tell you only GOD gave them there dream course. So you need alot mostly GOD and you will never lose.

And you start losing when you don't take advice it don't matter how intelligent you are, Read you are not perfect.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by randomme: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
If you are looking for a course with low competition, then I suggest you opt for Architecture.

Though, the course is very stressful, very expensive, and you won't have time for your self.

I could remember back then when we will spend a week working on one stewpid assignment (not even minor project) with only just few hours to rest while other students are balling and socializing. God go judge all those lecturers sha.

Anyway sha, after graduation, you may become self employed and the money will start rolling in. Though with the right connection wink
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by mandmis007(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
acupikin:

Architecture should have been on the list too.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by kenigwe18: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
You damn right op haven't seen it only but experienced it. Most of them who even get admitted despite their good scores only get them due to strong link.... I mean solid connection.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by 1kingwriter: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
No mention was made of IT courses?

You may be living in an aged era.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
marooh:
Microsoft has motivated me so no need of jamb
Plz help a brother, how did Microsoft motivate u.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
kokomaster3d:
U still have not made any sense.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
That medicine is too overrated.
I just thank God
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by kokomaster3d: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
charliboy654:

U still have not made any sense.

its not for people like without sense
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Gerrard59(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
kokomaster3d:

But the Medicine graduate earns more than the sociologist in the same US. Different economies, currencies, standard and cost of living. So you see why your analogy is weak and incoherent?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo / How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.