Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (40915 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri / Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Jman06(m): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
That medicine is too overrated.
I just thank God
Medicine is not overrated! It is a noble profession that solves people's health problems. Let's not let our biases get the better part of our reasoning.

I still prefer my Pharmacy because of its numerous advantages over medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Donwyz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
acupikin:

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/education/top-5-courses-regret-picking-2018-jamb

In all I wish you blast your jamb 2018 with fantastic scores
so where is DAT ur friend nw
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Awoo88: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
cyrilomoh:
In engineering courses, agricultural engineering should be exceptional because it population is far less compare to the rest
Not just agricultural engineering. Mining and metalogy. Apart from mechanical, electrical and civil, the rest you go for when you can not get those three
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by jolyment: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
You don't need to study law.Just spend time in bar and be called to bar.

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by writeprof(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ocheinstein:
So you are advising people to go for courses like Hausa education or CRS technology where they don't have to read but sleep all day and their marks all just pop up to ensure their graduation with high distinction abi? Nawa for u o

Thank you! I was wondering what he was trying to tell young ones who are interested in doing these courses. Well, anyone who really knows what he wants to study should not allow this article to discourage him. The 'few' who will be admitted to study these courses would not be spirits but humans who have paid the price through diligent study.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jman06:
Medicine is not overrated! It is a noble profession that solves people's health problems. Let's not let our biases get the better part of our reasoning.

It is overrated to the extent that they get an abnormally high number of candidates.We don't need too many doctors,most of those who applied for medicine are only after the money and not passionate enough.

It has already been imparted in the minds of Nigerians that medicine is the most Noble profession.That isn't true.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by tomtyte02(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
So they should choose Library or water resources abi? Pessimists everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by micflo28(m): 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
In this precarious time we find ourselves with no jobs. I urge my brothers and sisters sitting for the next jamb to consider ICT and ICT related courses. At most, the best courses will be this sort of combination "Accounting with ICT".
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
This does not apply if u have a Godfather or u're from a very in fluential family. Nigeria will be Nigeria.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by calebify1(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jman06:

yooo.
we rock pharmacy..

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Fezzolee: 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
Bastard jamb
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by calebify1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

It is overrated to the extent that they get an abnormally high number of candidates.We don't need too many doctors,most of those who applied for medicine are only after the money and not passionate enough.

It has already been imparted in the minds of Nigerians that medicine is the most Noble profession.That isn't true.
The doctor to citizen ratio in Nigeria is still very low.
Much doctors are still needed.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by ShylockConsults: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
Get 75% Scholarship in Tourism and Hotel Management (Bachelors) in Near East University.

Limited seats are available.
* No IELTS | * 100% Visa
*Admission are open for Spring 2018 (February).
Deadline: 10th, January 2018.

For more Info:
Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shylockconsults
Instagram: shylockconsults

We can get you 50% Scholarship into other Programs and also process to other Universities Worldwide.
Kindly "Share", Someone may need these.
Agencies and Partners are welcome to collaborate with us.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Venovictory(f): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
ivolt:
If you are mentally capable, disregard the Op's advice and go for your dream course.
it's not just abt mental capability, it's abt d money. Take 4 instance, DELSU increased it's acceptance fee to #81000 for such courses. U might say it's still on d low side. But it's still outrageous compared to d initial #21000
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Venovictory:
it's not just abt mental capability, it's abt d money. Take 4 instance, DELSU increased it's acceptance fee to #81000 for such courses. U might say it's still on d low side. But it's still outrageous compared to d initial #21000
This is serious, when its d deadline? wats d skul fees
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Venovictory(f): 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ikio:
This is serious, when its d deadline? wats d skul fees
i'm not so sure wat d deadline was like but a friend of mine told me a lot of people withdrew(which was what they wanted anyway). She also told me the skul fees was 90k plus which i later confirmed from my brother to be true
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Venovictory:
i'm not so sure wat d deadline was like but a friend of mine told me a lot of people withdrew(which was what they wanted anyway). She also told me the skul fees was 90k plus which i later confirmed from my brother to be true
d skul just wants to be wicked.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by DrRoyce(m): 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jman06:

you right! I actually applied to study medicine some 9 years ago but was given Pharmacy despite my high p.utme score and till today i have no regrets. Pharmacy is so versatile and I love it cos of the window of opportunities it offers

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
kokomaster3d:

its not for people like without sense
Still not making sense.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by princetom1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
ANTONINEUTRON:
Whatever U're Trying To Do, As Far U Work Hard N Smart, U'll B D Best.

Know Ur Limit

I taya for the OP o. He is indirectly saying, don't follow ur dream. No wonder we have too many people having degree in the fields that doesn't interest them, op, has also forget that no job out there. U can't end up accepting to read just any course and end up jobless after it again, that's double heartache. At least, let's all endeavor to read what picks our interest... What we are passionate about
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Jman06(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
DrRoyce:
you right! I actually applied to study medicine some 9 years ago but was given Pharmacy despite my high p.utme score and till today i have no regrets. Pharmacy is so versatile and I love it cos of the window of opportunities it offers
Yeah! Aside being versatile, pharmacy gives one the opportunity to touch more lives via employment generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by wolextayo: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
acupikin:

E.g paristology,Virology,Botany .just to mention a few.

There’s nothing like paristology.
Parasitology and virology are courses in Medical Laboratory Science.
Cheers bro.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Ocheinstein(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
Thank you for this wonderful contribution. We should not be subjective in our desire to advise. Everyone can do it if only everyone becomes diligent in what they do. I greet you Sir
writeprof:

Thank you! I was wondering what he was trying to tell young ones who are interested in doing these courses. Well, anyone who really knows what he wants to study should not allow this article to discourage him. The 'few' who will be admitted to study these courses would not be spirits but humans who have paid the price through diligent study.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Abdulazeez007(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
acupikin:
you are welcome
att KWASU to get engineering courses is easy. Jamb cutoff
180 and if you can afford the fees!
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Villager780: 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
admitted to study agriculture(crop science),is it a good course??
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by writeprof(m): 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ocheinstein:
Thank you for this wonderful contribution. We should not be subjective in our desire to advise. Everyone can do it if only everyone becomes diligent in what they do. I greet you Sir

I salute you too Sir.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nnaija01: 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Awoo88:

Not just agricultural engineering. Mining and metalogy. Apart from mechanical, electrical and civil, the rest you go for when you can not get those three

Do not join a discuss! you have no clue or requisite base to circumvent in...
How dare you air out such shabby and myopic premise in a capacity building and developmental discipline as such as Engineering where you still have Chemical Engineering that is engaged with the dynamics of oil and gas processing, mineral and natural resources stabilization and utilization, heavy and light chemical industries throttle shoot and others too numerous to mention alongside petroleum engineering that supplies the key players in the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry that Nigeria derives 90% plus revenue from at any point in time over the years basis...Not to mention Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Food Engineering (Food industries system drivers) ... Engineering is a broad field with 52 departments worldwide...
Bottom line is... Always be rational in your utterances and consult widely at all times...
One love!
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Awoo88: 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nnaija01:

Do not join a discuss! you have no clue or requisite base to circumvent in...
How dare you air out such shabby and myopic premise in a capacity building and developmental discipline as such as Engineering where you still have Chemical Engineering that is engaged with the dynamics of oil and gas processing, mineral and natural resources stabilization and utilization, heavy and light chemical industries throttle shoot and others too numerous to mention alongside petroleum engineering that supplies the key players in the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry that Nigeria derives 90% plus revenue from at any point in time over the years basis...Not to mention Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Food Engineering (Food industries system drivers) ... Engineering is a broad field with 52 departments worldwide...
Bottom line is... Always be rational in your utterances and consult widely at all times...
One love!

Take a censor of those trying to study engineering in Nigeria. Electrical top the list. Follows by mechanical and the civil. And maybe petroleum engineering. You will hardly see a student choose outside those I mentioned. Leave all those lie they tell you during you departmental orientation in 100lever.
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nnaija01: 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Awoo88:
Take a censor of those trying to study engineering in Nigeria. Electrical top the list. Follows by mechanical and the civil. And maybe petroleum engineering. You will hardly see a student choose outside those I mentioned. Leave all those lie they tell you during you departmental orientation in 100lever.

It is Survey and Not Censor
Then try and be civil in your cognitus appeal.

Then to clear your rusted thought process...
I am a working class and was just trying to help your shabby position on that note of yours with a myopic mindset pertaining to Engineering.

Then finally...Lend credence to understand that Engineer in Society is a vital nitty gritty in the workings of the discipline, how it distributes task and delegates duties in its chain.

Enjoy!
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Awoo88: 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nnaija01:

It is Survey and Not Censor
Then try and be civil in your cognitus appeal.

Then to clear your rusted thought process...
I am a working class and was just trying to help your shabby position on that note of yours with a myopic mindset pertaining to Engineering.

Then finally...Lend credence to understand that Engineer in Society is a vital nitty gritty in the workings of the discipline, how it distributes task and delegates duties in its chain.

Enjoy!
I was trying to type census. And what is with all the nonsense you are typing? Are you learning to be Patrick
Re: Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb by Nnaija01: 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
Awoo88:

I was trying to type census. And what is with all the nonsense you are typing? Are you learning to be Patrick

Census is still wrong..
Try and get schooled!
See you a more educated person next couple of years..bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Students Protest At Police Station Against Harassments / UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student / Oyeleye Lateefat Emerges Overall Best Medical Student In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.