Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,021 members, 7,956,787 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

Top 20 Service Business Ideas You Should Start In 2018 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 20 Service Business Ideas You Should Start In 2018 (1332 Views)

How To Make Money Running A Day Care Service Business In Nigeria / Work-From-Home Jobs You Can Start In 2018 / 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 20 Service Business Ideas You Should Start In 2018 by abc115: 1:41am On Dec 24, 2017
In this post, I will be sharing with you 20 service business ideas you should start as we approach 2018. These service business ideas will make you money and they don’t need excess capital to start.

As our lives get busier and faster, a lot of people are having to outsource parts of their daily tasks so they can focus on matters that demand their immediate attention.

Think about it, if I have to review my work notes or spend precious time with my family but my car also needs washing, it makes sense to let someone else wash my car while I focus on the other activities, right? That is how service business works.

When you take minor chores off people’s hands, they will pay you for it. The more people you serve, the more money you make. So I’m going to suggest 20 service business ideas you can tap into to create a steady income stream for yourself.

You need only start one of them to change the course of your financial life. You can start more than one, though, which will make you generate extra sources of income for yourself.

Top 20 Service Business Ideas for 2018

1. Waste Collection/Removal

I don’t know about you but I pay someone regularly to dispose my waste. In fact, the entire neighborhood pays the same guy to dispose their waste. He makes regular income because he does not mind getting his hands dirty.

Yeah, I know, government has failed us but smart and hardworking people take advantage of that failure to build wealth.

Since waste recycling has become a major talking point in our environment, there are many ways you can turn waste to wealth. It starts from waste collection, which is the simplest and cheapest to start.

You just introduce yourself to your neighborhood and offer to help dispose their garbage if they can pay you a stipend. This is, of course, after you have gotten the necessary tools you need.

If the idea of going house to house, collecting bags of waste makes you uncomfortable, then you can organize some workers, mobilize them and promote the service you offer. These people will collect the waste while you collect the money and pay them for their good work.

Then, if your business wheels spin well enough, you can venture into the other waste-to-wealth businesses and before you know it, you are at the top looking over your empire. Of course, it’s not that easy. Just start from somewhere, OK?.

2. Event Planning

Not everyone has the time to organize their own events. The days when the bride and groom get so worn out from marriage preparation stress that they cannot enjoy their own wedding night is becoming a thing of the past.

I see people who spend enough time preparing for their own birthday party that they cannot enjoy the party they planned. You are going to plan their events and they will pay you for it.

Event planners make a lot of money by taking the stress off people’s hands, allowing them to focus on enjoying their event instead of carrying chairs, canopies, or dishing out plates of rice. Judith of Kiddies Fantasy is one of such event planners.

You will need to have event planning skills. You will also need loads of patience and you must be good with people. In fact, your people skills should be above average.

Part of your start-up materials and cost will be provided by your clients when you land them, but you do need money to advertise your services and let people know you are good at what you do.
3. Laundry Service

This is still one of the best services business ideas to look out for in 2018. It has been talked about a lot. I don’t think you will find an article on service businesses which does not include laundry service.

Still it remains a money spinner. It is a business that can double your invested capital within a short period of operation.

A lot of things have changed about the business, though. Business owners have become more creative in their service delivery and performance. You cannot expect to just stay in your shop and customers will troop in.

You need to put your customers first and find better ways to serve them than what the other laundry businesses are doing.

Read this article to learn how to start your own laundry service with less capital.

4. Freelance Writing

Do you consider yourself a good writer? If yes, then you can start a freelance writing service as your side hustle or a full-time business.

The good thing about this business is that it does not require any capital to start. You only need a laptop and internet connection, and you are good to go. However, you need lots and lots of common sense.

The reason I emphasize on common sense is because I have dealt with a lot of writers and common sense is not as common as you think.

When someone hires you to do a job, you must understand what the customer wants and follow their instructions. If anything is not clear, don’t assume. Communicate with your client.

If, for any reason, you are not able to deliver the job as agreed, communicate with your client and let them know. People understand delays; they don’t understand lack of communication.

Companies are ready to pay you good amount of money if you can provide them good content for their site. People are making thousands of dollars monthly from freelance writing.

If you are sure of yourself, you can go sign up at any freelancing website and start selling your writing services to clients.

4. Copywriting

Almost similar to freelance writing, copywriting means writing sales copy for companies and businesses. it is the highest paying writing job at the moment but it takes great skill to do effectively.

The demand for copywriters is very high as companies that focus on content marketing will be happy to pay you your desired fee if you can create sales copy for them that can generate lots of sales for their business.

You may need to get some training before you start offering copywriting as a service.

5. Make-up Artist

Providing make-up services is yet another lucrative service business for 2018. The demand for make-up artist is great in the entertainment and fashion industry.

If you are good, you can secure a long-term contract which will means more revenue for you.

6. Hair Care

Women are not the only people who need to look good. Men need good hair care too. No amount of recession can stop the hair care industry from booming.

Whether you are starting a haircut salon for men or hair salon for ladies, you are always going to be in business.

You can also use the powers of the internet to educate people on how to take care of their hair.

7. Cleaning Services

This business involves cleaning of pools, garages, commercial establishments, construction sites, homes etc.

It is one of the many untapped service business ideas yet. With the right promotion and quality service delivery, you will make lots of money in this business. I have a detailed guide on how to start cleaning business. Check it out and leave a comment.
8. Social Media Consulting

Social media marketing is no longer an optional activity; it has become a necessity. A lot of people still don’t social media works. When they do, they may not have enough time to focus on their social media campaign and strategy.

As a social media consultant, they will hire you to promote their brand and sell their services on social media. It is very rewarding work.

Sure, there are plenty people offering this service, but you can stand out from the crowd by laser-focusing your service to a particular market say network marketers or e-commerce owners.

9. Music Tutoring

Do you have knowledge and practical experience in music? What are you waiting for? Why not turn that knowledge into a business?

As a music tutor, you get to organize music classes, either one-on-one coaching or group class and make good amount of money monthly from selling your knowledge.

Here’s the thing: even when you have no knowledge of music or musical instruments, you can still facilitate music classes for people, especially young people. You get a music instructor and get people to pay for, and attend, the class.
Read This: 5 Very Simple Ways You Can Make N50k This Weekend

10. Accounting Services

Are you good at accounting? Companies that cannot employ a full-time accountant do outsource their bookkeeping tasks.

If you can make yourself available by letting people know what you do using different marketing channels, you can start getting calls or messages from companies looking for freelance bookkeepers.

11. Graphic Design

This service business is for those who have graphic designing skills. Even if you don’t, you can use the many resources on YouTube to get some basic training. You can make good amount of money as a graphic designer doing it as a side business.

12. Car Wash

You can open a car wash business with little capital. You will need enough parking space for cars, a steady source of water supply and a good eye for details so long as car washing is concerned.

The good thing about car wash business is, not only do you get to make lots of money, you can monetize the business further by adding other businesses like a bar, sports viewing center, betting center, etc.

13. Photography

Every event needs a photographer, right? But don’t fool yourself into thinking that just owning a camera makes a photographer. It does not. To make a career as a photographer, you will need to get some training especially in shooting and editing.

See more at:

http://www.streav.com/groups/news-389162612/forum/topic/top-20-service-business-ideas-you-should-start-in-2018/#post-3992

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Service Business Ideas You Should Start In 2018 by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:18am On Dec 24, 2017
Good compilation.
Re: Top 20 Service Business Ideas You Should Start In 2018 by jefy(m): 5:39am On Dec 24, 2017
Nice post. I'd love to get the guide on cleaning service business,thanks

(1) (Reply)

Online Business(es) Mentor Needed / Want To Make Extra 5k Cash Monthly By Using An App? / Get A Well Designed Business Card For Just A Token

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.