Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165662 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
chibertha:
If you can I advice you do expedited

Same with me, my edd is early august and i have tried refreshing several times the available date is august 8. Its weighing me down. Auy luck woth yours??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
FFavouredOne:
@micafe I saw you guys, I must have been the first pregnant woman they attended to today. I was denied also. I was hoping they would give you guys and the other lady.

I've been studying the page silently and was going to give feedback either I got it or not.

my transcript is below;

Vo: Good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: why are you going to the us?
Me: To have my baby in the US
Vo: Why would you want to have your baby in the US?
Me: I would like access to a better medical care and opportunity for dual citizenship for my child.
Vo: Tell me about your job
Me; I work with a top xxxxxxx, as xxxxx, (I detailed every bit of recent projects at work etc)
Vo: Your husband, what does he do (He mentions hubby's first name)
Me: He's a Bleep and partner in one of the top law firms xxxxx, I have his work documents here, I could show you.
Vo: There's no need for that. Has be been to the United states before?
Me: Yes he has, (Was going to tell him about the conference he attended but VO cut's in)
Vo: How long have you been married?
Me: A year and 4 months (He replies with the month and I nod)
Vo: Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: Yes I was in Dubai last year (states month) for my honeymoon
Vo: How much have you budgeted for this trip?
Me: About 15,000 dollars, I could show you my correspondence and my budget sheet.
Vo: Don't worry. How long have you been saving for this trip?
Me: About a year and kicked up when I found out I was pregnant ( I was in the middle of stating that hubby would sponsor with his business account blah blah, then he says to hold on, types and says the sorry thing).

Didn't review the document.
Should I have been saving for a longer period as wedding is just a little over a year sef.
I'm not certain of reapplying except I can confirm a date in the first few weeks of May.

BTW I applied for B1/B2 but I don't think that's the case, because he could have given any one he thinks my reasons deserve.

Only God knows the crtiteria in getting visa again. Pls dont give up, i am also applying against may and am getting discouraged with this recent denial this month. Pls people has anyone gotten visa in the last 3weeks, kindly post transcript so we can learn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by arabambi123: 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Graceinme:

Same with me, my edd is early august and i have tried refreshing several times the available date is august 8. Its weighing me down. Auy luck woth yours??

there are available dates in abuja in may.But we need know the implication of scheduling interview in abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by arabambi123: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
please has anyone submitted application to lagos consulate and scheduled interview in abuja? what is the implication?would one be allowed in Abuja?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TosTosOla: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
I was also refused visa once before I returned better prepared.

FFavouredOne:
@micafe I saw you guys, I must have been the first pregnant woman they attended to today. I was denied also. I was hoping they would give you guys and the other lady.

I've been studying the page silently and was going to give feedback either I got it or not.

my transcript is below;

Vo: Good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: why are you going to the us?
Me: To have my baby in the US
Vo: Why would you want to have your baby in the US?
Me: I would like access to a better medical care and opportunity for dual citizenship for my child.
Vo: Tell me about your job
Me; I work with a top xxxxxxx, as xxxxx, (I detailed every bit of recent projects at work etc)
Vo: Your husband, what does he do (He mentions hubby's first name)
Me: He's a Bleep and partner in one of the top law firms xxxxx, I have his work documents here, I could show you.
Vo: There's no need for that. Has be been to the United states before?
Me: Yes he has, (Was going to tell him about the conference he attended but VO cut's in)
Vo: How long have you been married?
Me: A year and 4 months (He replies with the month and I nod)
Vo: Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: Yes I was in Dubai last year (states month) for my honeymoon
Vo: How much have you budgeted for this trip?
Me: About 15,000 dollars, I could show you my correspondence and my budget sheet.
Vo: Don't worry. How long have you been saving for this trip?
Me: About a year and kicked up when I found out I was pregnant ( I was in the middle of stating that hubby would sponsor with his business account blah blah, then he says to hold on, types and says the sorry thing).

Didn't review the document.
Should I have been saving for a longer period as wedding is just a little over a year sef.
I'm not certain of reapplying except I can confirm a date in the first few weeks of May.

BTW I applied for B1/B2 but I don't think that's the case, because he could have given any one he thinks my reasons deserve.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TosTosOla: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
Do you have a place to stay yet because I'm looking to share.

vikturaikay:
Please i am planning on travelling early june but i have not booked interview cus i just got the reply from the hospital i contacted in the US. Please who knows the earliest date for interview. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hello Fam! Feedback Time!!

So I've finally finished with my Chicago waka. I choose Chicago because I was amongst the last people that signed the old contract (literally 10 days before the change) and I have fallen in love with the City. It reminds me a lot of london (one of my fave places)

I got in late February, plan was to stay alone but later had to bring my Mum and 2 kids. This meant I had to change Air BnB locations because my host was uncomfortable with kids at her location and made it clear. The lessons from here are: - With Air BnB always try to communicate via the App. Air BnB mgt will look over your conversation in trying to take a decision during a dispute - Take pictures of anything You can use as evidence later esp if it's not as stated in the description -It is better in the event of issues to change your check out date NOT to cancel booking. If you have a booking over 1 month and cancel, you looose all your money. Changing the check out date sef has to be with the agreement of your host - Air BnB rules heavily favor the Host not guest.

I was luck to get a far better place smack in the middle of town on short notice and didn't loose money from the original booking but that's coz Oluwa was/is heavily involved. Moving on:

I gave birth on a Saturday after starting induction on a Friday and was discharged on Monday. According to their calculations that was 3 nights. They start counting from the day You come in not the day you give birth. So was charged for 1 additional night and a few extra doctors visits not in the package.It takes about 3 weeks for payment in JH stroger to reflect on your account so things to note include:

- Try your best to pay well before you deliver. At least 2 weeks before delivery. Your zero balance will reflect faster. Also your baby's account is different from yours so try to collect zero balance for both.

- I planned to leave 2-3 weeks after delivery so to expedite things- fill your bc form in the hospital, tick NO for the section that asks if you want the government to apply for SSN for the baby and ensure that whoever you give the form to knows You have a short time to stay in Chicago and need the info inputed asap. If done well your BC should be ready in 3 days.

- Next up, I headed to the SSN office downtown Chicago and applied for my baby's SSN. It came in exactly 1 week at my apartment. Note that they do not accept BC only as Id for the baby. You must have 2: BC and passport or BC and medical records of baby bearing thier full name. Also check closing time per day before going before you are dissapointed on some days like I was.

- I had booked appointment for my husband ahead of delivery at the embassy after proper edd calculation. He went, sent me the docs which I received via FedEx after 4 days then went to the downtown office to apply for expedited. Proof that you are leaving in 2 weeks is very key for the expedited to work.

- Finally, after giving the hospital 2weeks grace period I started calling for my zero balance. After 3 days and with the help of some saints here, I finally was informed that my bill had been adjusted and my balance was xx dollars. The billing manager told me if I paid cash in full of my outstanding balance I would get zero bal same day which I did. Went back next day and got for my baby. Shikena.

Left on the 6th of April, 3 weeks approx after delivery. Part 2 of the drama started as I missed my flight both in O'hare and at Heathrow to my final U.K. Destination. Both was because BA felt we came late and were too many in our party to make the flight (5persons), plus issues they had on their end tying our tickets together. So pls if traveling with kids MAKE SURE you genuinely get to the airport in PLENTY time. A lot of things can go wrong. We had no issues from CBP folks and got home in 1 piece.

Special thank you to @ramj @mrsramj @msadesina and others on this platform who were really helpful throughout the journey. I am finally and definitively signing out! 3 American children in 4 years is not beans smiley

Passing the baton on joyfully and pls let's keep the fire burning. God will continue to provide for us who want to undertake the journey. Il be happy to help where possible but please if I delay beat with me.. my hands are full and I won't be coming here as much. Love and Light Folks, Xx �

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by heniola(f): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Awww. Lovely story. Congratulations to you. I arrived chicago about a week ago and i am still searching for a hospital/doc. Can you pls help with the ones you used? Their prices as well? Even d accommodation sef i dont mind please.
I am not a lazy person when it comes to reading the posts here o but i must confess i am really tired of searching so i need fast help.

Thank you in advance.

Mamatukwas:
Hello Fam! Feedback Time!!

So I've finally finished with my Chicago waka. I choose Chicago because I was amongst the last people that signed the old contract (literally 10 days before the change) and I have fallen in love with the City. It reminds me a lot of london (one of my fave places)

I got in late February, plan was to stay alone but later had to bring my Mum and 2 kids. This meant I had to change Air BnB locations because my host was uncomfortable with kids at her location and made it clear. The lessons from here are: - With Air BnB always try to communicate via the App. Air BnB mgt will look over your conversation in trying to take a decision during a dispute - Take pictures of anything You can use as evidence later esp if it's not as stated in the description -It is better in the event of issues to change your check out date NOT to cancel booking. If you have a booking over 1 month and cancel, you looose all your money. Changing the check out date sef has to be with the agreement of your host - Air BnB rules heavily favor the Host not guest.

I was luck to get a far better place smack in the middle of town on short notice and didn't loose money from the original booking but that's coz Oluwa was/is heavily involved. Moving on:

I gave birth on a Saturday after starting induction on a Friday and was discharged on Monday. According to their calculations that was 3 nights. They start counting from the day You come in not the day you give birth. So was charged for 1 additional night and a few extra doctors visits not in the package.It takes about 3 weeks for payment in JH stroger to reflect on your account so things to note include:

- Try your best to pay well before you deliver. At least 2 weeks before delivery. Your zero balance will reflect faster. Also your baby's account is different from yours so try to collect zero balance for both.

- I planned to leave 2-3 weeks after delivery so to expedite things- fill your bc form in the hospital, tick NO for the section that asks if you want the government to apply for SSN for the baby and ensure that whoever you give the form to knows You have a short time to stay in Chicago and need the info inputed asap. If done well your BC should be ready in 3 days.

- Next up, I headed to the SSN office downtown Chicago and applied for my baby's SSN. It came in exactly 1 week at my apartment. Note that they do not accept BC only as Id for the baby. You must have 2: BC and passport or BC and medical records of baby bearing thier full name. Also check closing time per day before going before you are dissapointed on some days like I was.

- I had booked appointment for my husband ahead of delivery at the embassy after proper edd calculation. He went, sent me the docs which I received via FedEx after 4 days then went to the downtown office to apply for expedited. Proof that you are leaving in 2 weeks is very key for the expedited to work.

- Finally, after giving the hospital 2weeks grace period I started calling for my zero balance. After 3 days and with the help of some saints here, I finally was informed that my bill had been adjusted and my balance was xx dollars. The billing manager told me if I paid cash in full of my outstanding balance I would get zero bal same day which I did. Went back next day and got for my baby. Shikena.

Left on the 6th of April, 3 weeks approx after delivery. Part 2 of the drama started as I missed my flight both in O'hare and at Heathrow to my final U.K. Destination. Both was because BA felt we came late and were too many in our party to make the flight (5persons), plus issues they had on their end tying our tickets together. So pls if traveling with kids MAKE SURE you genuinely get to the airport in PLENTY time. A lot of things can go wrong. We had no issues from CBP folks and got home in 1 piece.

Special thank you to @ramj @mrsramj @msadesina and others on this platform who were really helpful throughout the journey. I am finally and definitively signing out! 3 American children in 4 years is not beans smiley

Passing the baton on joyfully and pls let's keep the fire burning. God will continue to provide for us who want to undertake the journey. Il be happy to help where possible but please if I delay beat with me.. my hands are full and I won't be coming here as much. Love and Light Folks, Xx �
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adebrave(f): 12:34am On Apr 14, 2018
Tvegas:
My wife got to Houston through IAH for another missionary journey few days ago. For those who fear Houston POE i don’t think they are that harsh these days. It was pretty easy for her.

Rewind back to MMA Lagos, some overzealous Airfrance officers saw her tummy and told her she won’t be allowed her to fly except she has a fit to fly letter from her doctor. That Airfrance only flies people below 32 weeks. She went to make a photocopy of the letter and gave them. They told her she will need the original in Paris (It’s better to have a photocopy handy). Paris was uneventful as the layover was short. She met a Houston bound nairalander who was heading to New York because she was fearful of the Houston POE. She helped her rehearse some of the questions they may ask her in New York and they parted.

Fast forward to her arrival at Houston POE, she was interviewed by a female CBP officer.

CBP: Hello what are you doing in the USA?
Madam: I am here on vacation, to birth my baby and do some shopping for the new baby.
CBP: Ok how much do you have?
Madam: Bleep dollars in cash and xxxx in the bank of America account.

Tvegas Baba ... Longest time bro. How's family doing too? Congratulations on the incoming addition.
Warm regards to madam and the onbo lo na � Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 12:44am On Apr 14, 2018
heniola:

Awww. Lovely story. Congratulations to you. I arrived chicago about a week ago and i am still searching for a hospital/doc. Can you pls help with the ones you used? Their prices as well? Even d accommodation sef i dont mind please.
I am not a lazy person when it comes to reading the posts here o but i must confess i am really tired of searching so i need fast help.

Thank you in advance.

As stated I used JH Stroger. They assign you a doctor when you come on as a patient so there's no personalized correspondence for this hospital.

Bill for vaginal- 2nights is just under $7,000k and C.S- 4 nights is $10,000 approx all for a package deal you pay for before you are discharged or at any point during your prenatal.

As for accommodation I used Air BnB and it wasn't really cheap coz I wanted to be in the middle of all the action. The advantage was that I spent very little on transportation but that's me sha. What is your monthly budget? For accommodation? It will help guide you.

Regards.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by heniola(f): 2:46am On Apr 14, 2018
Thank you for your response.
I am actually staying in Michigan with family now, So I just need accommodation for about a week/+half around my edd period and go back to my base. So its not really going to be a long time stay. I don’t really have a budget though, but if cos i dont mind a bargain grin.
Please someone said that hospital (JH Stroger)is a no no for me because its a govt-funded one, so using it will knock out my chance of renewing my visa! I don’t know how true this is. Can you please clear the air on that as well?

Thank you so so much.

Mamatukwas:

As stated I used JH Stroger. They assign you a doctor when you come on as a patient so there's no personalized correspondence for this hospital.

Bill for vaginal- 2nights is just under $7,000k and C.S- 4 nights is $10,000 approx all for a package deal you pay for before you are discharged or at any point during your prenatal.

As for accommodation I used Air BnB and it wasn't really cheap coz I wanted to be in the middle of all the action. The advantage was that I spent very little on transportation but that's me sha. What is your monthly budget? For accommodation? It will help guide you.

Regards.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TosTosOla: 5:08am On Apr 14, 2018
Northwest seem to be where a mojority are headed

superdoll:
I can see that oakbend isnt smiling to us again. I used them in 2016 and was planning to use them again by the middle of this year but ds new price isnt favorable. Please anyone with an alterntive good deal. BTW no one talks abt methodist again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TosTosOla: 5:19am On Apr 14, 2018
I can share with you if interested

Teny4:
Congrats to you! Please how is accommodation in El Paso? Can you share yours or refer to an affordable one? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by RuthZiba: 9:40am On Apr 14, 2018
Dear Nlanders,
Please I need your honest advice. I applied for B1/B2 visa(child birth) with my hubby and we were denied. The visa officer said, she believes we do not have strong ties to Nigeria and hubby has his business and properties for which she didn't ask about. The visa officer asked for his personal statement of account and we took for only his business account because we felt that will be the funding account. Besides he doesn't really use the personal acct so it's not quite funded. If I reapply, what can I do differently bearing in mind that hubby will be my sponsor or do you think I should just let things be?
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2018
heniola:

I am actually staying in Michigan with family now, So I just need accommodation for about a week/+half around my edd period and go back to my base. So its not really going to be a long time stay. I don’t really have a budget though, but if cos i dont mind a bargain grin.
Please someone said that hospital (JH Stroger)is a no no for me because its a govt-funded one, so using it will knock out my chance of renewing my visa! I don’t know how true this is. Can you please clear the air on that as well?

Thank you so so much.

Lol.. do what works for you Sis as regards choice of hospital. I asked all the relevant persons at Billing and was assured it is a complete self pay package before commencing. Also people on this thread have used it and renewed thier B2 visa so I don't think it's an issue but again, go with what you are convinced of.

For accommodation, I advice you use Air BnB. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2018
I am not pregnant so not in a hurry.
To get expedited appointment take the earliest date you see then go to provide feedback on your profile choose the category applicable to you in drop down menu write a note and attach all necessary document's you will get a reply as soon as possible. A lot of people have done it.
Graceinme:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2018
TosTosOla:

I was also refused visa once before I returned better prepared.

But I can't fault her.. They can't give everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
At my last interview, a lady was refused because she dint disclose to the CBP at her last trip that she was there for childbirth. The visa officer said the onus is on her to inform the CBP of her intent to have a baby during her trip “whether he asked or not”...she said he dint ask and the guy said “oh well” and denied her visa.

So please whether they ask or not, it’s best to disclose.

Tvegas:

If she wasn't specifically asked about her purpose she didn't need to open the discussion. The CBP officer may be less concerned as regards wether she is birthing or not. Secondly He might have seen enough pregnant women for that day to bother.This happened to few people here in the past. If thesame scenario played out at the embassy she is encouraged to declare even if not asked. So Let's not create panic where there is non.

Sometimes our oversabi is part of what leads to frequent changes in the US embassy policy. E.g the so-called change of intent letter that was overused. Even those who dont need it will send one and That's why they hardly reply again. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by heniola(f): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
I am very sorry if i hurt you with my questions. I just wanted to be sure.
Thank you for taking out time to respond to me.

Cheers smiley

Mamatukwas:

Lol.. do what works for you Sis as regards choice of hospital. I asked all the relevant persons at Billing and was assured it is a complete self pay package before commencing. Also people on this thread have used it and renewed thier B2 visa so I don't think it's an issue but again, go with what you are convinced of.

For accommodation, I advice you use Air BnB. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
heniola:

I am very sorry if i hurt you with my questions. I just wanted to be sure.
Thank you for taking out time to respond to me.

Cheers smiley

Haha hurt ke? I have to review my writing then smiley I'm not hurt oh. You asked valid questions.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Brandagencies(f): 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2018
Please I do not know how to contact you, but I would appreciate if I can get a few more details from you about this hospital. I intend to travel in June and use this same hospital to birth my LO. I will appreciate if a mail is sent to cutedolapo@yahoo.com.

Thank you

Arrived Washington Dulles with my toddler via qatar airways. Flight was good...i had a whole row to myself on both legs so we pitched our tent there and my girl was able to sleep well. Please ensure to process ur medif as mentioned. In IAD, very very long queue...i used the express passport and within minutes was done and on my way out. I was surprised that no question was asked and while still wondering if what just happened was real, I heard an officer call madam from the back.
I turned and he asked how I got in, I told him his fellow just stamped me in, he brought me back to his desk. Another officer came and asked him why he called me back, he said he just got an info about me (in my mind i was like God pass una).
he checked my daughter's passport, gave it back to me and dropped mine in a red box. he handed over to me and sent me elsewhere....ur guess as good as mine. Almighty secondary...

The truth is I honestly don't know where the confidence came from, but I wasn't scared one bit. My toddler was running around and I kept chasing her with my big belle. After about 30mins, I was called.
CBP- how are you madam
Me - fine thanks and u
CBP - fine. how much did you pay for your daughter's delivery
Me - about 3200
CBP - no delivery in the US can be that cheap
Me - well, there is. I signed a self pay package that offers that amount if payment is made before discharge.
CBP - which hospital
Me - John H Stroger.
CBP - but you told someone in your flight that you gave birth for free
Me - Not at all, I even had a row to myself on both legs of the trip so I never discussed anything with anyone.
CBP - Why are you no longer using same hospital
Me - My host is on holiday
CBP - Which hospital will you be using now
Me - HC
CBP - Do you have a doctor
Me - Yes
CBP - How much do you have
Me - $$ and I have also paid my doctors fee in full
CBP - can I see the receipt
Me - oh sure, gave him
CBP - now come with me, we need to count the money
Me - (I followed to another room where he counted the money )
CBP - Make sure you take all your receipts with you on subsequent visits.
Me - okay. Thank you.

That was how I left the place to meet my host who was already waiting even before arrival of the plane. Bags not checked at all and that was it.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by semilore12: 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
erm...which of the hospitals? I mentioned 2. Anyways I sent u a mail already.
Brandagencies:
Please I do not know how to contact you, but I would appreciate if I can get a few more details from you about this hospital. I intend to travel in June and use this same hospital to birth my LO. I will appreciate if a mail is sent to cutedolapo@yahoo.com.

Thank you

t.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by HitlerGaddafi: 7:09am On Apr 15, 2018
heniola:

Thank you so so much.

pls hows life in that michigan? Hows the state like, their people, food and women. Thinking of coming to michigan soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Enyinne(f): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2018
Gdmorning beautiful mama, happy u all are doing great . Pls I need a quick assistance , I'm reading here and notice oakbend is not as cheap as before, can someone recommend the newest affordable hospital in Houston now , ejoor .I need direction with d price range also. Thank u my people
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Enyinne(f): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2018
Hi dear , hope ur good . Can u help me with birthing quote from Dr xydas as my sis is preparing to birth in Houston

]Hello everyone, i am an almost silent observer on this thread. I have gathered as much information as possible,the only thing i am struggling with is best accommodation option. I have pretty much narrowed down to Dr Xydas of HNWMC. As per accommodation, i have a $750/month offer for a room ( all bills and gas covered)- about 10mins from the hospital, which will bring uber to about $15/trip. My question- has anyone used or does anyone know of any accommodation very close to the hospital ( maybe walking distance if possible) that is not that expensive? Also somewhere central to shopping malls etc...

I have tried maps but i think my best bet for answering this question is an experienced person- please help!

Thanks so much![/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2018
Well. I thought I was alone on asking why there was no disclosure to the CBP of intent to give birth
ewa2014:
At my last interview, a lady was refused because she dint disclose to the CBP at her last trip that she was there for childbirth. The visa officer said the onus is on her to inform the CBP of her intent to have a baby during her trip “whether he asked or not”...she said he dint ask and the guy said “oh well” and denied her visa.

So please whether they ask or not, it’s best to disclose.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by reflx(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
hello guys...i need help and advice
my sis is in the US and EDD is this months end....shopped a whole lot and needs advice on how to ship the whole lot (car seat, stroller, high chair, etc) back to naija affordably

suggestion fam
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Udiboy(f): 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
Does any mama need usd in BOA?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Spatz81: 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
My Dear People,

Will it matter that I would not have a return ticket for the LO when applying for VOA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by akindots: 8:15am On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=heniola post=66690964]

Thank you in advance.

Try Norwegian American hospital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.