Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165324 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
Phew...

I have always wondered if having an American child is really worth it on the long run. I was speaking with my American colleagues and all three of them were just complaining...(these are "privileged" very well educated Americans with good jobs)

The inequity and high cost of health care in the country. the loans...huge huge student loans they are saddled with... the over reliance on "credit"... the taxes...the fact that my child will always pay taxes to the US govt wherever he lives in the World. T

Is it even really worth it?

I mean, yes, the passport allows you to travel visa free to many countries but what else?

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
Fyorgyn:
Phew...

I have always wondered if having an American child is really worth it on the long run. I was speaking with my American colleagues and all three of them were just complaining...(these are "privileged" very well educated Americans with good jobs)

The inequity and high cost of health care in the country. the loans...huge huge student loans they are saddled with... the over reliance on "credit"... the taxes...the fact that my child will always pay taxes to the US govt wherever he lives in the World. T

I mean, yes, the passport allows you to travel visa free to many countries but what else?

Lol!...Hopefully, when your child grow up and turns 18 years of age to be able to work fully as a legal adult he/she will get to enjoy most of the things his/her taxes have paid into without bribery and corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
[qu, he will do anything to appeal to his crazy fan-base. And Congress is conservative leaning right now, those old geezers will do anything to keep their seats. Not that this affects me or my kids in anyway but it’s just not right. [/quote]

I agree with most of your point but

Who are we to say it's not just right.

We all complain of Nigeriens and Chadians coming to Nigeria and all begging on the streets

So who are we to say right or wrong.

Yes I don't want him to stop it but to say ita not right. hmmmmm nor our call

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shawlar(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
Fyorgyn:
Phew...

I am sure alot of us have pondered the same thing before, but the truth of the matter is nobody is sure if it will be worth it on the long run but it’s still a good thing to give our kids that option. The blue passport opens up a lot of doors to them; visa free travel to a lot of countries, greater chance of receiving work permits & living in other countries which could translate to more job opportunities etc. For instance, this kind of situation we are in Naija where everyone is hightailing it out, imagine if your parents had gone this way & gotten you a blue passport. you’d just stroll out, no need for all the ietls, skilled workers entry, PR wahala.

Plus it’s only an option for our kids, they are free to renounce the citizenship when they are 18 and just be Nigerian (I can imagine the kind of swear their own kids would swear for them if they get to know)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
shawlar:

I am sure alot of us have pondered the same thing

it’s only an option for our kids, they are free to renounce the citizenship when they are 18 and just be Nigerian (I can imagine the kind of swear their own kids would swear for them if they get to know)

True!

You know, we also should be grateful that Nigeria allows dual citizenship... I just realised from my Tanzanian friend that it is against the law to hold dual citizenship in Tanzania.

There are many more (African) countries that don't allow it.

One reason to be grateful for being Nigerian grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2018

Plus it’s only an option for our kids, they are free to renounce the citizenship when they are 18 and just be Nigerian (I can imagine the kind of swear their own kids would swear for them if they get to know)

[/quote]

Lol...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mldtemi(f): 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
Please let us have POE experiences oooo for those traveling in November and December.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
Correct and Ireland too

overlord77:

Hmmmm, if he eventually does, everyone will face Canada na, shuoo. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 1:07am On Oct 31, 2018
Fyorgyn:
Phew...

I never had the whole having a baby in US mindset as to just having the blue passport. It really doesn’t end there. The Average American might complain about taxes,students loans and what have you. But let’s not forget that the part of the world where we come from has virtually nothing to offer it’s unborn citizens. Isn’t it worth it that even after the taxes and all who ever is interested in education gets it at its fullest unlike what is found in our country. These people from the western world who had things all mapped out before they were born have no clue of the struggles of an average African. From getting in a uni and getting a job well befitting for your chosen career part. If I start talking about other things that really matter than just having the passport I’ll never finish.My dear I believe people who go through this journey don’t just do it for the Pali cos that’s the list of it’s advantages.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 1:34am On Oct 31, 2018
overlord77:

Hmmmm, if he eventually does, everyone will face Canada na, shuoo. grin
And Canada will face everyone. Those guys do not play around.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Seyeedat: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2018
Only God can help those of us going for interview by November, only God.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2018
Don't be afraid my dear.
It is always a 50/50 chance anytime any day.

Seyeedat:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2018
Did anyone watch the news (CNN) this morning, with Trump trying to stop birth right citizenship?..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2018
I really hope this doesn't happen.
aremso:
US president Donald Trump revealed today (Oct. 30) that he plans to terminate birthright citizenship with an executive order. He told Axios on HBO that the practice of recognizing as an American any child born on US soil, regardless of their parents’ immigration status, is “ridiculous” and that “it has to end.”

Trump contends that he doesn’t need a constitutional amendment to change the current standard, which is set out in the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, adopted in 1866. The text provides that “[a]ll persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

Thus, many constitutional law scholars will argue that Trump’s effort is not only misguided but doomed to fail because it contradicts the amendment. And since the order will almost immediately be challenged in court, it will likely be stayed, or suspended, pending judicial review.

While the amendment was passed in 1866 and wasn’t written by the original framers of the Constitution—whose thinking originalists worship but whom did not address the question of precisely who might be a US citizen—it will still be a very tall order for the president to convince the high court to simply set aside the text for his interpretation. The justices have never been presented with a case that specifically addresses whether birthright citizenship applies to a child of undocumented immigrants, and an executive order to reinterpret the amendment would no doubt lead to such a case. But it’s not at all a sure bet that, even with a predominantly conservative bench, the president’s interpretation of the law will prevail.

Judge James C. Ho on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, a Trump appointee, believes that changing how the amendment is applied would be unconstitutional. Ho wrote in 2006 that at the time of its passage “no Senator disputed the meaning of the amendment with respect to alien children.”

The conservative judge’s view is important because executive orders are subject to judicial review to ensure they don’t run afoul of the constitution. In fact, the Constitution is what gives Trump the power to issue orders to begin with. And it will be difficult for the president, who has made much ado about ensuring that his Supreme Court appointees are originalists who adhere to the text of the constitution, to make a winning case for ignoring the plain meaning of the 14th Amendment’s words.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2018
I hope this doesn't happen...... really, I don't pray it happens. Birthing is another revenue channel for USA and I don't think it would take effect anytime soon, just hoping though.
Goodday my people. Please I've read through this thread over and over again and I discovered that budget spreadsheet would also be required as part of the documents to hold to the consulate or embassy, please, will I prepare this myself? What is it really Al about or if possible can I get a sample of it? Please, I need your reply urgently.
Actually, I've googled it and saw quite different things but really could not tell which is which...... For our mamas in the house while have done this before and even our papas who are highly experienced in this, kindly explain what it means, if I'll prepare it myself like a list or even a sample of it, I really don't mind.
Thank you so much as I await your kind reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akorkor(f): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2018
Ruthina000:
I hope this doesn't happen...... really, I don't pray it happens. Birthing is another revenue channel for USA and I don't think it would take effect anytime soon, just hoping though.
Goodday my people. Please I've read through this thread over and over again and I discovered that budget spreadsheet would also be required as part of the documents to hold to the consulate or embassy, please, will I prepare this myself? What is it really Al about or if possible can I get a sample of it? Please, I need your reply urgently.
Actually, I've googled it and saw quite different things but really could not tell which is which...... For our mamas in the house while have done this before and even our papas who are highly experienced in this, kindly explain what it means, if I'll prepare it myself like a list or even a sample of it, I really don't mind.
Thank you so much as I await your kind reply.

Yes, you will prepare it yourself and if you use a search button on nairaland by typing
budget sheet and navigate to travel you should see many sample that has been dropped here for DO IT YOURSELF PURPOSE.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2018
chibertha:
Correct and Ireland too

Ireland has stopped it since 2005...

We can face Brazil and Mexico grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2018
NothingDoMe:
And Canada will face everyone. Those guys do not play around.

Canada is also considering stopping it.

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/news-articles/canada-considers-removing-citizenship-by-birth/

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by musspuss: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
Very true, they have been against it long before now

Fyorgyn:

Canada is also considering stopping it.

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/news-articles/canada-considers-removing-citizenship-by-birth/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
Seyeedat:

Keep hopes alive. People will still get their visas approved even till year 2019.

We did our interview on Monday, 29th October after being called for a follow-up interview (sequel to Dropbox application) and they were approved. Just make sure you have a genuine case, they hardly even ask for documents these days. Some were approved and some were denied on that day. In fact there was another person that came for a 221g appointment and still got denied.

The lessons learnt from my own experience at the center:

If you are called for a follow-up interview along with your family, ensure you have appointment for every member of the group.

Ensure you are abreast of all the info in your application and your travel history(international passport).

Best of luck to those that have not gone for their visa interviews.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
KennyMKO:

Keep hopes alive. People will still get their visas approved even till year 2019.

We did our interview on Monday, 29th October after being called for a follow-up interview (sequel to Dropbox application) and they were approved. Just make sure you have a genuine case, they hardly even ask for documents these days. Some were approved and some were denied on that day. In fact there was another person that came for a 221g appointment and still got denied.

The lessons learnt from my own experience at the center:

If you are called for a follow-up interview along with your family, ensure you have appointment for every member of the group.

Ensure you are abreast of all the info in your application and your travel history(international passport).

Best of luck to those that have not gone for their visa interviews.
Wat do u mean by appointment for each member of the group ?
Does that mean they wud be interviewed separately
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 2:47pm On Oct 31, 2018
aremso:

so all hope is gone?

Not yet na...

You can also apply for Canadian PR so that You sef can get citizenship wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2018
[quote author=ninab post=72566555][/quote]

No that's not what I meant. Before you can be allowed in to be interviewed, you need to show evidence of Visa payment, DS 160 confirmation and appointment confirmation. If you are called for a follow-up interview, they usually give you options of date to choose from on your profile. The appointment option they provided for me was for just one person(me), so I thought that will suffice for my family because the letter says we should come as a family. Only to get there for my family to be denied entrance into the interview arena. I don't want any other people going as a family to make the same assumption I made.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Not yet na...

You can also apply for Canadian PR so that You sef can get citizenship wink
Exactly!!!! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Horus(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oTF3ip_h8

Trump ending 14th Ammendment birthright

You ARE NOT a citizen of the corporation of the United states.
Trump says the 14th Ammendment means nothing to him and
if he says he has the final word on if you're a citizen or not.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
[quote author=Phakabir06 post=71583375][/quote].Kenny MKO. Please my wife interview is Jan 11. I want to know what we will write where they asked reasons of been denied . Should we write that the vo said she did not qualified for the visa she applied for or what else can we write. And the hospital said na till like next month ending or December before we can get doctors correspondence for January appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oTF3ip_h8

Trump ending 14th Ammendment birthright

You ARE NOT a citizen of the corporation of the United states.
Trump says the 14th Ammendment means nothing to him and
if he says he has the final word on if you're a citizen or not.

As of now, it seems more patients are arriving at El Paso, TX (www.doctoresparati.com). I'm not certain if this is due to the news regarding birthright citizenship which are unquestionably influenced by the midterm elections, or if it's simply seasonal. The fact is that CBP is not preventing pregnant patients with due documentation from arriving, at least to El Paso anyway.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drakeli: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

lol!...why are you going along with the unnecessary panic news? undecided

He can't change the Constitution unilaterally...he needs Congress to do it.
Fortunately or unfortunately, republican is sweeping the congress in the mid term election. American blacks are all leaving the democrat plantation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drakeli: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Yes, he can unilaterally stopped that. Granting US visa for birth tourism is not in the US Constitution.
Of course he has promised this morning to pursue his case through the Supreme Court if executive order fails.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.