Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1168593 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
Price adjustment for maternity packages in El Paso, TX: https://doctoresparati.com/price-of-childbirth-in-usa

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Vlesparza:
Price adjustment for maternity packages in El Paso, TX: https://doctoresparati.com/price-of-childbirth-in-usa

but these prices still come with discounts?? would this not pose a problem while trying to renew a visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Coco6060: 5:21am On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PinkyRosyBlosso: 12:35am On Apr 22, 2020
Bcpump:
Just looked at my fly delta app and realised my trip is meant to be in exactly 30 days time.
I booked this flight in january when everything was sane and okay. As at today I cannot tell if this trip can be made or not.

lol. I actually find it funny but real. Just when you have been happy you crossed the B2 Visa hurdle just before the ban then life throws another thing at you.

Oh well. God's will be done

Please, was the trip made?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2020
PinkyRosyBlosso:

Please, was the trip made?

lol. trip was meant to be upcoming Tuesday. but you and I know it cannot be made na. unless you know of a secret way to run away

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by slashthroat: 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Bcpump:

lol. trip was meant to be upcoming Tuesday. but you and I know it cannot be made na. unless you know of a secret way to run away

Are the airlines doing refunds or you have to reschedule?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Malevonent: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
ahh, this once lively thread is almost comatose, corona tinz.
wonder how folks already in the usa to give birth are coping, most passport offices are closed, us embassy in nigeria is closed as well, so no way for the father in nigeria to notarize documents for babys passport as well

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
slashthroat:

Are the airlines doing refunds or you have to reschedule?
both. ticket was left open but I called them to send a refund.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
Malevonent:
ahh, this once lively thread is almost comatose, corona tinz.
wonder how folks already in the usa to give birth are coping, most passport offices are closed, us embassy in nigeria is closed as well, so no way for the father in nigeria to notarize documents for babys passport as well

yeah I thought about this. would only make sense if the father is also in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abuleoshi: 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Bcpump:

yeah I thought about this. would only make sense if the father is also in the US.
I saw dollar at N425 today and I was wondering how those repaying their birthing discounts are coping. Birthing Discount you got when Dollar was less than N200, now you are paying back at N425.
It is well ooh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by slashthroat: 1:51am On Apr 23, 2020
Abuleoshi:

I saw dollar at N425 today and I was wondering how those repaying their birthing discounts are coping. Birthing Discount you got when Dollar was less than N200, now you are paying back at N425.
It is well ooh

Even if na N1000 to a dollar nigerians go still pay to improve their chance to renew visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by favoredgal: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Triplet2015:
Thanks for your response. I have sent an email to them.

Pease is there anyone here planning to do same?

did you make it back?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Triplet2015: 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
favoredgal:

did you make it back?

Not yet. I m still here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Malevonent: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
favoredgal:

did you make it back?

NO ONE has been brought back yet, learnt fg is still trying to tie up so many loose ends, especially quarantine hotel in lagos/abuja, and total cost to be borne by returness

@triplet2015, are you coming back with baby?, is it safe to actually be in that flight with many would be covid-19 carriers?.
unless fg asks usa for help to screen each passenger before the flight, ie the 15mins covid-19 test

http://nigeria-consulate-atl.org/featured/guidelines-for-the-evacuation-of-stranded-nigerian-national-from-the-usa-to-nigeria-in-wake-of-the-corona-virus-covid-19-pandemic/

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 6:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Abuleoshi:

It is well ooh

Who told you guys to repay discounts, is it now part of Visa renewal process?1
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Triplet2015: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2020
Thanks. Most of the people requesting evacuation are those that came to the US to v a baby and those on holiday that got caught up with ther border closure.
I feel it's even safer to travel back home now than when the airports resumes full operations. Covid 19 test may be a requirement to board any plane or enter any country going forward. It is not really feasible for me to continue to stay here. Until there is vaccine, the risk will always be there.
Why do u think most of those on board will be covid 19 carriers? More precautions maybe taken than when it's a commercial flight since we are currently in the middle of the whole thing.

What do you think?
Malevonent:

NO ONE has been brought back yet, learnt fg is still trying to tie up so many loose ends, especially quarantine hotel in lagos/abuja, and total cost to be borne by returness

@triplet2015, are you coming back with baby?, is it safe to actually be in that flight with many would be covid-19 carriers?.
unless fg asks usa for help to screen each passenger before the flight, ie the 15mins covid-19 test

http://nigeria-consulate-atl.org/featured/guidelines-for-the-evacuation-of-stranded-nigerian-national-from-the-usa-to-nigeria-in-wake-of-the-corona-virus-covid-19-pandemic/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abuleoshi: 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
overlord77:

Who told you guys to repay discounts, is it now part of Visa renewal process?1
Read past posts!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Malevonent: 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Triplet2015:
Thanks. Most of the people requesting evacuation are those that came to the US to v a baby and those on holiday that got caught up with ther border closure.
I feel it's even safer to travel back home now than when the airports resumes full operations. Covid 19 test may be a requirement to board any plane or enter any country going forward. It is not really feasible for me to continue to stay here. Until there is vaccine, the risk will always be there.
Why do u think most of those on board will be covid 19 carriers? More precautions maybe taken than when it's a commercial flight since we are currently in the middle of the whole thing.

What do you think?

yes, its a bit confusing.
from the link posted from the nigerian govt, the covid-19 test would be done, when the plane arrives nigeria...and then the 2wks quarantines. my fear is, if a carrier boards that plane...he/she may likely infect some passengers.

i undertand ur predicament, usa is damn expensive, a decent 1br apartment costs as much as 500k per month,...and for those on birthing trip...its a serious increased expenditure.
with the usa embassy in nigeria closed, how are people able to notarize the consent form, to process the baby passport? as on the us website, its expressly stated that if both parents are not in the usa, the absent parent should sign a consent form and notarize at the embassy

also for the baby, are they doing visa on arrival, or the nigerian consulate is functioning in usa and able to provide nigerian passports for the infants?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Triplet2015: 1:19am On Apr 30, 2020
Most of us have concluded baby document just awaiting travel date before the shutdown. God will lead us aright.
Malevonent:

yes, its a bit confusing.
from the link posted from the nigerian govt, the covid-19 test would be done, when the plane arrives nigeria...and then the 2wks quarantines. my fear is, if a carrier boards that plane...he/she may likely infect some passengers.

i undertand ur predicament, usa is damn expensive, a decent 1br apartment costs as much as 500k per month,...and for those on birthing trip...its a serious increased expenditure.
with the usa embassy in nigeria closed, how are people able to notarize the consent form, to process the baby passport? as on the us website, its expressly stated that if both parents are not in the usa, the absent parent should sign a consent form and notarize at the embassy

also for the baby, are they doing visa on arrival, or the nigerian consulate is functioning in usa and able to provide nigerian passports for the infants?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Malevonent: 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Triplet2015:
Most of us have concluded baby document just awaiting travel date before the shutdown. God will lead us aright.

wow, fortunate peeps, some are yet to process baby documents, before the shutdown, so they have no option but to wait it out.
big wahala. i pray this covid ends soon enough

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 8:07pm On May 09, 2020
Please for people coming back with this Nigeria flight or people coming back through F.G,if you are not ready for the stress back home don't try it. The people they brought back from dubai are already protesting that they are not treating them well. They are quarantine somewhere in a hotel in Lagos and are not treated well.according to them even with food. If they are not doing the covid test in the u.s before evacuation I suggest that people that have babies should have a rethink atleast for the babies.
I know another thing is accommodation over there but of you have an alternative please stay ooo. Our government here are very wonderful

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KaptainAfrika: 8:30pm On May 09, 2020
To All Mothers who want to return to Nigeria.
You have a choice, between being in a country where you have no relatives and nothing to fall back on, and being back home in Nigeria, where you have people that can take care of you and your baby and who you are familiar with. You know your country and how it operates, you have survived this long, you will survive, don't listen to these naysayers. The US Government is not legally responsible for you, if you are not a citizen or a green card holder. Won't you rather be with family to take care of you and your newborn child, ignore the naysayers - they are the ones that will still complain that Nigeria is not doing anything to bring back willing Nigerians from other countries.

temyb:
Please for people coming back with this Nigeria flight or people coming back through F.G,if you are not ready for the stress back home don't try it. The people they brought back from dubai are already protesting that they are not treating them well. They are quarantine somewhere in a hotel in Lagos and are not treated well.according to them even with food. If they are not doing the covid test in the u.s before evacuation I suggest that people that have babies should have a rethink atleast for the babies.
I know another thing is accommodation over there but of you have an alternative please stay ooo. Our government here are very wonderful

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 1:37am On May 10, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
To All Mothers who want to return to Nigeria.
You have a choice, between being in a country where you have no relatives and nothing to fall back on, and being back home in Nigeria, where you have people that can take care of you and your baby and who you are familiar with. You know your country and how it operates, you have survived this long, you will survive, don't listen to these naysayers. The US Government is not legally responsible for you, if you are not a citizen or a green card holder. Won't you rather be with family to take care of you and your newborn child, ignore the naysayers - they are the ones that will still complain that Nigeria is not doing anything to bring back willing Nigerians from other countries.

Very well said!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.