Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,710 members, 7,955,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1216377 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (456) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
Good day, Please is it true drop box is now available?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Taal17: 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
adycatus:
Good day, Please is it true drop box is now available?
Not true
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
Thanks a lot!!!
Mysha03:
https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/minors-passport-renewal/
Here is the link I used, all the steps are outlined on it

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mizjemie25: 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
Good day all… please I have a burning question.. I intend going to the us for birthing purpose only.. do they still approve visa for that

I’m about paying the application fees but it’s seem appointment dates are scarce..

I intend traveling by November 2021..

Is it a good idea to apply or just forget the whole thing..

I’m in a fix right now.. didn’t apply on time because of passport issues

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lochinny:
Hi guys! Wanted to give my POE experience coz I’ve learnt a lot here and I believe mine would help someone. Sometime in March I told you guys about having a visa that’ll expire in May and that I was thinking of using it to give birth. I was encouraged most especially by @debbieeeeee
and @pointednose to go ahead.. and I actually did.

So here’s my experience:
I traveled with my Child which I gave birth to with the same visa 2 years ago. It wasn’t an easy journey.

Went with Qatar airways. (One of the best airline I must say, just that the journey was quite long)
My POE was JFK which I used the previous time. When I got there, I was directed to join the citizens line because of my child. While on the line, a lady saw me and asked me to come forward (obviously a helper from God plus she saw I was pregnant and carrying a child) mind you, I didn’t try to cover it my pregnancy. did same 2 years ago infact I was almost due when I traveled the last time.
So back to my story, I met the POE officer who asked for my passport, he collected my child’s own and asked what I’m here for, I told him to have my 2nd baby. He looked at the computer for a while without saying a word to me, then stamped my child’s passport. Then he collected mine and asked where I was going to stay and asked for how long. I told him the town I was staying and I’m looking at 3months Or more. He now asked if I came with any food stuffs and I told him just spices, he now asked to see my face and I removed my face mask. He then stamped my passport 6 months and said have a nice stay.

From this, I can tell you two things
1) prayer is the key. I and my husband prayed seriously for a smooth Poe. Even told my pastor

2) Be truthful. Just say the truth to them. I learnt it here that being honest pays so when I traveled to have my first child, I told them exactly the same thing, (then I was obviously pregnant so I couldn’t even dare lying) and it was an easy Poe and I used the same JFK.
After hearing people say that 2nd time is always tougher, I got scared and people advised me to cover up since my pregnancy isn’t that obvious but I still couldn’t see myself doing it. I just said what will be will be. I made sure I was with every single receipt from the first one and a letter from the hospital showing I didn’t collect any Medicaid from them. Still they didn’t ask of anything..

These people appreciate honesty and I think if we keep being honest, they’ll start seeing Nigerians in a good way.

Thanks @Debbieeeeee and @PointedNose for the encouragement.

Hello dear. Congrats. I read through and saw where you stated you were almost due when you traveled for the first birth. How far gone where you. So sorry am asking. I have been battling to secure my passport. My visa was granted but not issued because I haven’t got the new passport. Am well over 37 weeks now. Can I still make it out at this point. Am really distraught.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Godheard: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
I’m so grateful to God for his Favour and mercies throughout this process.

My POE experience at JFK was a breeze!

I was asked just 4 questions:

Purpose of trip: I told the officer that I was here to give birth

How long will be staying: I told him the duration. (3 months)

How much do I have: I told him the amount of cash at hand, the rest in my bank account.

Any goods to declare: None

My mother-in-law and I were stamped for 6 months.

Thank you all for the tips on this page. It was so helpful! From Visa application to POE. As at February/March this year, I wasn’t sure of embarking on this journey. Glad that I gave it a shot!

I declared the purpose of my trip for both visa interview and POE and it was positive.

The only bottleneck I experienced throughout this process was leaving the Nigerian airport. The officials almost didn’t let me fly because of my tummy size. They claimed that my fit to fly certificate was not true because my tummy looks like someone who is due ��. It was the most ridiculous thing i had ever heard. I was sent to the airport clinic for the DR on duty to confirm my pregnancy gestational age and thankfully, she was able to confirm that I was telling the truth. Naija and wahala!!! I had initially planned to travel in July but changed my mind because of my ever increasing tummy. It was a good decision in the end.

Just to add, traveling through JFK was very hectic in terms of flight duration especially since I was still headed to Houston, my final destination. I couldn’t get direct Delta flights to JFK. Delta’s only option was to arrive at Atlanta as first POE in the US before heading to Houston. I had to travel via Turkish Airlines which was a longer route and definitely more stressful.

Wishing all the other expecting Mama’s a smooth experience.�

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thanks for sharing.

Congrats again
Godheard:

How much do I have: I told him the amount of cash at hand, the rest in my bank account.

Thank you all for the tips on this page. It was so helpful! From Visa application to POE. As at February/March this year, I wasn’t sure of embarking on this journey. Glad that I gave it a shot!

I declared the purpose of my trip for both visa interview and POE and it was positive.

The only bottleneck I experienced throughout this process was leaving the Nigerian airport. The officials almost didn’t let me fly because of my tummy size. They claimed that my fit to fly certificate was not true because my tummy looks like someone who is due ��. It was the most ridiculous thing i had ever heard. I was sent to the airport clinic for the DR on duty to confirm my pregnancy gestational age and thankfully, she was able to confirm that I was telling the truth. Naija and wahala!!! I had initially planned to travel in July but changed my mind because of my ever increasing tummy. It was a good decision in the end.

Just to add, traveling through JFK was very hectic in terms of flight duration especially since I was still headed to Houston, my final destination. I couldn’t get direct Delta flights to JFK. Delta’s only option was to arrive at Atlanta as first POE in the US before heading to Houston. I had to travel via Turkish Airlines which was a longer route and definitely more stressful.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pufframmy: 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
congratulation what month is ur pregnancy when u travel ? wish u safe delivery

Godheard:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Godheard: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2021
30weeks

pufframmy:
congratulation what month is ur pregnancy when u travel ? wish u safe delivery

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pufframmy: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
thanks dey might want you to give them some cash, u know naija people and their wahala

Godheard:

30weeks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ADEX0123: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2021
Hi mama,

have try to send you email but you havent replied
kindly let talk privately pls
i will be waiting for your reply
Thank you

[quote author=Godheard post=102057827]
Congrats Mama!

I got my visa approved today too.

It’s my first time traveling to the US. I declared my purpose was to have my baby and I will also be declaring at the POE.

I am actually going to Houston too. Can I private message you especially about Oakbend please?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 5:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations!!!

A safe and smooth delivery to you. Excellent thinking on your side to travel earlier.

Pls don't forget to drop updates.

Godheard:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by morganchimex: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Today, during the zoom chat with the deputy consular of US embassy Lagos, I asked a question about drop box and felt it's cool to post it on this platform. The YouTube link to the video answers the question some of us has concerning Dropbox visa renewal in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuIHfjovkkQ
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lochinny: 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kesspru:

Hi! Thanks a lot! I was about to turn 33 weeks when I traveled.. I know someone that’s traveled at 36 weeks she used Delta airlines but I don’t know of 37 weeks. Cause airlines have to accept you first then if you already have a doctor willing to take you, then you’re settled there but I’m bothered about airlines but you can browse more to check.. I also think it’s risky to avoid entering labor in the plane

Hello dear. Congrats. I read through and saw where you stated you were almost due when you traveled for the first birth. How far gone where you. So sorry am asking. I have been battling to secure my passport. My visa was granted but not issued because I haven’t got the new passport. Am well over 37 weeks now. Can I still make it out at this point. Am really distraught.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lochinny: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
Good evening guys! Pls does anyone know someone that can help us secure an early date for visa for July or even August. The people we contacted are telling us stories! Pls this is very important! God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 5:42am On Jun 28, 2021
Hi everyone it's been a while.

For those who brought their LO back without USA passport ( during the COVID19 lockdown) and are now applying for LO first passport in Nigeria be sure to go with the following

-Birth records
-Documents you used in bringing LO into Nigeria
-Pictures of you pregnant in the states
-Pictures of you and LO st birth in the hospital
- pictures from fight to Nigeria
- anything that can help your case.

For those planning to embark on this journey good luck in advance..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ifylicious: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2021
Lochinny:
Good evening guys! Pls does anyone know someone that can help us secure an early date for visa for July or even August. The people we contacted are telling us stories! Pls this is very important! God bless

Please I am also planning for interview in August. If you see any agent that can secure an August date
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Okolinneoma(f): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2021
Godheard:

Goodmorning ma’am, please I sent you a mail. Please I would like to make an enquiry, kindly assist. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2021
Thanks a lot for this.

I have always wondered if one can get baby's first passport in Nigeria.

God bless you.
chibertha:
Hi everyone it's been a while.

For those who brought their LO back without USA passport ( during the COVID19 lockdown) and are now applying for LO first passport in Nigeria be sure to go with the following

-Birth records
-Documents you used in bringing LO into Nigeria
-Pictures of you pregnant in the states
-Pictures of you and LO st birth in the hospital
- pictures from fight to Nigeria
- anything that can help your case.

For those planning to embark on this journey good luck in advance..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TMJO: 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m new here. Hubby and I are expecting our LO at the end of September/October. We intend to have our baby in Houston but don’t know how to go about it in terms of accommodation and affordable hospital.

Oh and my visa expires first week in September. Can I use it anyway? Please advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nikanne: 7:58am On Jun 30, 2021
Please has anyone been successful getting an emergency appointment. I did earlier this month and I’m yet to get a response from them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CravingChic: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
Can I still get a visa application date for August if I apply now? Any confirmed agent?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CravingChic: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
Godheard:

Congrats Mama!

I got my visa approved today too.

It’s my first time traveling to the US. I declared my purpose was to have my baby and I will also be declaring at the POE.

I am actually going to Houston too. Can I private message you especially about Oakbend please?

Thanks!

Please I sent you a DM. Kindly respond!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CravingChic: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
mamsiey:

Hi,

I used Holy Cross Silverspring and Dr Moore in 2019 because it was 5mins away from home. It turned out to be the best decision because I was 9cm dilated when we got to the hospital. Anne Arundel is very far from Silverspring unless you are open to it. I’d suggest you get there and go and inquire from the hospitals. Someone posted the hospital costs for Maryland some years ago. You can use the search button to find it but I quite remember it wasn’t cheap! Most hospitals in Maryland aren't cheap.

Currently, I’m in Atlanta using Northside and North Atlanta Obgyn. I didn’t use Holy Cross again because of accommodation but I really liked my experience with them and Dr Moore if that helps.

Mind sharing the cost implications

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
Yes you can use your visa. Ensure you
get to the point of entry before the date your visa expires.
TMJO:
Hi everyone, I’m new here. Hubby and I are expecting our LO at the end of September/October. We intend to have our baby in Houston but don’t know how to go about it in terms of accommodation and affordable hospital.

Oh and my visa expires first week in September. Can I use it anyway? Please advice

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TMJO: 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
pointednose:
Yes you can use your visa. Ensure you
get to the point of entry before the date your visa expires.

Thank you!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 5:54am On Jul 03, 2021
TMJO:

Yes, you can still use the visa, what the US customs and border patrol agents are after is that in as much as your visa has not expired as at the day you are entering the US, you are good to go. It's the duration that the cbp stamps you that ditermines how long you can now stay in the Us

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Focusmind: 7:42am On Jul 03, 2021
Mehn, what a flash back!. This thread is still waxing strong.

To imagine that I made this memorable journey with my wife way back in 2013. About 8 years ago. Dammmm mehn, and people are still conquering all the barriers on the way. Bravo! to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omosholape80: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Please any response on this will be appreciated.
pointednose:
Hello all,

The last time I went on missionary journey, I processed baby's documentation including US passport in about 2 weeks.

I just got an info that processing passport (case in point Chicago) is about 10 to 12 weeks and expedited service is 4 to 6 weeks. This info will definitely change my plans.

So please Mamas who are currently in the US to birth or those who will birth in coming weeks and/or month, kindly update us on timelines and processes for getting SSNs, birth certificate, Nigerian and US Passport, ETC, Visa on arrival etc for your different states.

I wish everyone a safe delivery.

Regards,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zfunky: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omosholape80:
Hi Everyone,

Please any response on this will be appreciated.

Covid has made things slower. My LO’s SSN came in a month after I gave birth even though I applied at the hospital ( it never used to take that long), not to mention that I kept calling them because their office has been closed since last year March, PreCovid all you needed to do was walk-in to one of their offices but now, you have to call and ask for an appointment and justify the reason why the appointment is a dire need ( they give appointments on dire need basis).

For us passport, it currently takes about 12 weeks to expedite and 18 weeks for routine. Am guessing this is due to high volumes of application during this summer period plus they were closed for many months last year due to covid.
It is almost impossible to expedite at a passport agency or center cause there is always no available appointment online when you check and the customer care number is always engaged. The most available ones are passport acceptance agents at libraries and post offices and you get it back in 12 or 18 weeks depending on which option you choose.

I have also tried exploring the option of getting a Nigerian passport (cause every individual even a baby must travel by air with a passport, the only exception was during the covid period when they had to get people home last year) and getting a US passport at the embassy in Lagos but getting a Nigerian passport isn’t that easy and straightforward too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Godheard: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
What state are you in please?

Zfunky:

Covid has made things slower. My LO’s SSN came in a month after I gave birth even though I applied at the hospital ( it never used to take that long), not to mention that I kept calling them because their office has been closed since last year March, PreCovid all you needed to do was walk-in to one of their offices but now, you have to call and ask for an appointment and justify the reason why the appointment is a dire need ( they give appointments on dire need basis).

For us passport, it currently takes about 12 weeks to expedite and 18 weeks for routine. Am guessing this is due to high volumes of application during this summer period plus they were closed for many months last year due to covid.
It is almost impossible to expedite at a passport agency or center cause there is always no available appointment online when you check and the customer care number is always engaged. The most available ones are passport acceptance agents at libraries and post offices and you get it back in 12 or 18 weeks depending on which option you choose.

I have also tried exploring the option of getting a Nigerian passport (cause every individual even a baby must travel by air with a passport, the only exception was during the covid period when they had to get people home last year) and getting a US passport at the embassy in Lagos but getting a Nigerian passport isn’t that easy and straightforward too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (456) (Reply)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.