Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162582 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shithapuns: 7:05am On May 30, 2021
Mummytt:
Good afternoon everyone, please I need contact of doctor and hospital in Atlanta. Kindly help me with it . Thank you.

Emory or piedmont hoßpital
Use google for more info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ckizy: 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by megastu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
Sorry i just saw your message.

Although its quite a while but I don't think I took a consent letter. I only carried some photographs or so. Yes, in Nigeria, at the Consulate in Lagos.
Biobioliscious:
@megastu

Thanks for your response. Please are you in Nigeria and did you go with letter of consent from the non- appearing parent?

Please I’ll like to private chat you. Kindly send me your email address or a mail,Mine is suttsey@yahoo.com

Hope to read from you soon . Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamsiey: 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2021
Godheard:

Hello Everyone,

I’m considering switching from Houston to Maryland.

I had booked an appointment with a Dr at Center for Women’s health and planned to use Oakbend, but after reading through and speaking with people, I’m making a switch. I’m still considering other options in Houston- Methodist sugarland etc.

But I’m also open to Maryland especially because I have family there.

Does anyone have details on:

UM Baltimore Washington Medical Centre
Anne Arundel Medical Centre

Does anyone also have details on Doctor’s that are affiliated with either of the above hospitals?

Also regarding flights, for those arriving at JFK which airlines are you using? Delta is mostly passing through Atlanta. The one i saw for JFK, has a layover stop at London and I would require a transit visa to pass through London.

Please share options.

Thanks!

Hi,

I used Holy Cross Silverspring and Dr Moore in 2019 because it was 5mins away from home. It turned out to be the best decision because I was 9cm dilated when we got to the hospital. Anne Arundel is very far from Silverspring unless you are open to it. I’d suggest you get there and go and inquire from the hospitals. Someone posted the hospital costs for Maryland some years ago. You can use the search button to find it but I quite remember it wasn’t cheap! Most hospitals in Maryland aren't cheap.

Currently, I’m in Atlanta using Northside and North Atlanta Obgyn. I didn’t use Holy Cross again because of accommodation but I really liked my experience with them and Dr Moore if that helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hello all,

The last time I went on missionary journey, I processed baby's documentation including US passport in about 2 weeks.

I just got an info that processing passport (case in point Chicago) is about 10 to 12 weeks and expedited service is 4 to 6 weeks. This info will definitely change my plans.

So please Mamas who are currently in the US to birth or those who will birth in coming weeks and/or month, kindly update us on timelines and processes for getting SSNs, birth certificate, Nigerian and US Passport, ETC, Visa on arrival etc for your different states.

I wish everyone a safe delivery.

Regards,

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Godheard: 10:53am On Jun 04, 2021
Thanks for the response.

I have gotten rates for Maryland. They are so high. I’m running back to Houston. Lol.

Did you arrive at Atlanta airport as your first POE? How was the experience?

mamsiey:

Hi,

I used Holy Cross Silverspring and Dr Moore in 2019 because it was 5mins away from home. It turned out to be the best decision because I was 9cm dilated when we got to the hospital. Anne Arundel is very far from Silverspring unless you are open to it. I’d suggest you get there and go and inquire from the hospitals. Someone posted the hospital costs for Maryland some years ago. You can use the search button to find it but I quite remember it wasn’t cheap! Most hospitals in Maryland aren't cheap.

Currently, I’m in Atlanta using Northside and North Atlanta Obgyn. I didn’t use Holy Cross again because of accommodation but I really liked my experience with them and Dr Moore if that helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2021
Pls share the rates you got.

Godheard:

Thanks for the response.

I have gotten rates for Maryland. They are so high. I’m running back to Houston. Lol.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamsiey: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2021
Godheard:

Thanks for the response.

No I used JFK with two toddlers who are both citizens. The only question asked was how long are we staying for and I said 3 months. Nothing else.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2021
mamsiey:

No I used JFK with two toddlers who are both citizens. The only question asked was how long are we staying for and I said 3 months. Nothing else.
Jfk is so sweet grin they hardly put anyone through tough time, although I know someone who was turned back in jfk(not a preggie). I’m looking forward to a sweet experience when I pass through.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
I also have same date.
Enchanted16:
Appointments are now available for December 30th 2021.. i just booked mine, this is for Lagos.. Go and book your appointment for Lagos B1B2.

Goodluck!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Congratulations oooo . I will share my testimonies soon.[quote author=rozeybid post=102152926][/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sexylara: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2021
Hello people, please any one with a good hospital in New Jeresy that is reasonably priced, please do share? The ones I have are costing $35K upwards. Please do share, already in 3rd trimester and time is running out on me. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Good day everyone. Pls can anyone share the contact of an affordable Obygyn in New Jersey accepting very late pregnancy. 38weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
sexylara:
Hello people, please any one with a good hospital in New Jeresy that is reasonably priced, please do share? The ones I have are costing $35K upwards. Please do share, already in 3rd trimester and time is running out on me. thanks.

Are still in Nigeria. Or you there already. Let me know. Looks like we in the same situation. Passport issuance delayed and messed up my travel plan
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by rozeybid: 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Has any one travelled of recent ... pls kindly post your POE experience.. Let’s give this forum alive so many of us have gained a lot from here .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oadeyeye: 8:31am On Jun 15, 2021
Newark beth Israel $8k

sexylara:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ADEX0123: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2021
Congrats Mama!

I got my visa approved today too.

It’s my first time traveling to the US. I declared my purpose was to have my baby and I will also be declaring at the POE.

I am actually going to Houston too. Can I private message you especially about Oakbend please?

Thanks!

hi, congrat
Am new on this platform and i want to have my baby in USA But i dont know how to go about it.
kindly help on what to do please
can i private chat you pls

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ADEX0123: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2021
Am new on this platform and i want to have my baby in USA but did not know how to go about it.

kindly help pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

Has anyone birth in Elpaso, Virginia recently (say since the pandemic)? Please share your experience and timelines for baby's documentations.

Other Mamas in other states can share their timelines also please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moda1: 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2021
Anyone renewed their babies passports after expiry. Baby birthed 2015 and needs to renew for her . Is Usa passport renewal in Lagos consulate. ? Kindly share your experience
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mysha03: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2021
I did my daughter’s passport in Lagos and it took about 3 weeks to get the renewed passport

Moda1:
Anyone renewed their babies passports after expiry. Baby birthed 2015 and needs to renew for her . Is Usa passport renewal in Lagos consulate. ? Kindly share your experience
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moda1: 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
I mean to renew her usa passport
Mysha03:
I did my daughter’s passport in Lagos and it took about 3 weeks to get the renewed passport

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2021
Can one get the very first US passport at the Lagos consulate? Heard it now takes a long time to get one in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ikudito3: 1:52am On Jun 17, 2021
sexylara:

For everyone asking about New Jersey:

JFK Hospital, now called Hackensack Meridian Health JFK University Medical Center.
About $6500 all inclusive.
Obgyn and paed. are separate. I used Dr. Kirit Patel and extremely happy with him. Costs are about $4000 or so for normal and slightly more for c-section.

Total costs were about USD 11,000 in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zmoney: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
Any Jan/Feb mamas yet to apply for visa renewal? What's the best way to go about it? Please help with suggestions.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mysha03: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
I know that’s what you meant

Moda1:
I mean to renew her usa passport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
Since yours is recent, can you please give the steps needed as well as documents needed for the renewal
Thanks

Mysha03:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mysha03: 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/minors-passport-renewal/
Here is the link I used, all the steps are outlined on it

jossy404:
Since yours is recent, can you please give the steps needed as well as documents needed for the renewal
Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moda1: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ok thanks for your response. Did u just went to American embassy and told them u want to renew or u hv to book appointment for it first . Kindly share process
Mysha03:
I know that’s what you meant

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mysha03: 1:03am On Jun 18, 2021
You need to fill the form and book appointment online
Moda1:
Ok thanks for your response. Did u just went to American embassy and told them u want to renew or u hv to book appointment for it first . Kindly share process
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moda1: 5:48am On Jun 18, 2021
Thanks dear
Mysha03:
You need to fill the form and book appointment online

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.