Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167290 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bejewelled: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
I didn't have any issues, at all. I got approved for a visa today, via interview. Nothing was asked about my previous deliveries.

We were just asked how long we wanted to stay and what countries we had been to. That was all and the visas were approved.

ninab:

hopefully when u return you don’t have renewal issues cause it wud be so clear you left early without renewing because of your pregnancy
Wish u a safe delivery

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by harmonicarice: 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hello, im new here and looking for some help.
Im scheduled to deliver by the end of June this year.

I'm curious if there is a service like Doctores Para Ti located in / near Miami, because my husband knows someone from there and we would really like to deliver in Florida.
I've looked through the last pages but couldn't find any information about a doctor / service in Miami.

I'm glad to hear back, thank you in advance smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
ifax:
I know 2 people that got 5 years

Ok, thats great o. Does anyone know the criteria for getting it, abi they just dish it out as it pleases them🤣
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boldbabe: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
Tvegas:
Something to encourage the Veterans here,myself and wife got our visa approved via Dropbox. We had two kids in Oakbend Hospital 2015/2018. I was very active on this page around 2014.

Our last Visa expired in 2019. Even though wife got a medical visa,we never bothered applying during the Trump years due to the funny rejection rate for parents of US citizens and the long time wait for appointment.

Submission was done on the 7th of February
Visa was Issued on the 23rd of February

I believe God's grace worked for us . I believe Being truthful and upfront at the previous visa interview also helped.

Getting a 2nd passport for our kids has been one of the best decisions we've made as a couple. In those days many people thought our decision was a waste of money as Nigeria wasnt this rough but here we are.So i say, Goodluck to everyone on this adventure,it will end in praise.

Congratulations Tvegas, I remember you got your visa on Dec 31st that year. Good to see you again here. Greetings to your family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Footballer754: 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
Myfavour22:

Yes please, that’s what I did
You just need to apply for an Emergency travel certificate from the Nigerian embassy in the US and make sure you book a direct flight without any stopover in a country where US visa or passport is required. In my case, my delta/Air France flight had a stopover in france and i was denied boarding and had to be rebooked on a flight from Atl to Lagos direct

Thank you for your reply

Pls I have some questions.
1) did u apply for the baby’s passport in US or Nigeria? There is no date available in Newyork.
Is it true that you can apply for a fresh US passport in Nigeria? The baby has SSN and birth certificate.
2) we booked Qatar airways. Is it ok?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Myfavour22: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Footballer754:

Thank you for your reply

1) did u apply for the baby’s passport in US or Nigeria? There is no date available in Newyork.
Is it true that you can apply for a fresh US passport in Nigeria? The baby has SSN and birth certificate.

US passport was applied for in the US, even though we used the expedited option it still didn’t get to us before we traveled. The embassy in Nigeria is only for renewal I think, not fresh applications.
There’s a faster option than the expedited where you get the passport the same day/next day I think it’s more expensive and handled by private passport agencies, though the application has to be within 2 to 3 weeks of travel back so you’ll need your return ticket information.
Qatar will have a layover at doha, i’m not sure if it’s possible to board without baby’s passport since it’s a direct flight, but you can call their customer care to find out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Footballer754: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
Myfavour22:

US passport was applied for in the US, even though we used the expedited option it still didn’t get to us before we traveled. The embassy in Nigeria is only for renewal I think, not fresh applications.
There’s a faster option than the expedited where you get the passport the same day/next day I think it’s more expensive and handled by private passport agencies, though the application has to be within 2 to 3 weeks of travel back so you’ll need your return ticket information.
Qatar will have a layover at doha, i’m not sure if it’s possible to board without baby’s passport since it’s a direct flight, but you can call their customer care to find out.

Ok thank you.
1) How did you get the passport in Nigeria? Did the passport office send to you via dhl to Nigeria?

2) I called Qatar airways and they confirm that the child can travel with only ETC without any passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
Footballer754:

Thank you for your reply

I might be wrong, but i think i've read it here where someone applied for and got a fresh us passport for their child from the us embassy here in nigeria. Can anyone please confirm this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
dere5:

I might be wrong, but i think i've read it here where someone applied for and got a fresh us passport for their child from the us embassy here in nigeria. Can anyone please confirm this?
You’re very correct, you can apply for and get the passport in Lagos if you didn’t get it in the usa, during covid era a lot of people came to Lagos with etc and applied for passport in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Myfavour22: 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
Footballer754:

Ok thank you.
1) How did you get the passport in Nigeria? Did the passport office send to you via dhl to Nigeria?

2) I called Qatar airways and they confirm that the child can travel with only ETC without any passport.

No it was delivered to the US and i had it sent across to me in Nigeria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mide4lyf: 1:23am On Mar 13, 2023
Hi Everyone,
Please has anyone renew visa after previous refusal due to birth package discount ?
Used Houston Methodist willowbrook year 2016.
Bn refused twice during trump administration when I intend to
have my third baby.
Please kindly assist….
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2023
Mide4lyf:
Hi Everyone,
Please has anyone renew visa after previous refusal due to birth package discount ?
have my third baby.
Please kindly assist….
I think you should try again, I know someone who was refused twice during trump administration and tried again for her last baby and got it via physical interview. She didn’t do anything different.
Not trying to raise hopes or dictate what your chances are but just try again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
Hi everyone. Please I need help with a doctor and hospital in Atlanta.

Also has the issuance of US passport delays stopped or do they still take time to issue passports?

I will be grateful for your responses. Am due to travel in June but am just trying to find my bearing. I chose to go to Atlanta this time so I need help with an affordable doctor and hospital. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutelass: 12:28am On Mar 14, 2023
dere5:

I got the passport in Abuja. You must apply before baby turns 1 year else it can’t be handled from outside US. You would need the birth certificate, ssn and photocopy of the ETC or any other document that you used to bring baby in. Along with the normal requirements for getting a passport listed on their website
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:19am On Mar 14, 2023
Footballer754:

Thank you for your reply

@cutelass had this response to your post
'I got the passport in Abuja. You must apply before baby turns 1 year else it can’t be handled from outside US. You would need the birth certificate, ssn and photocopy of the ETC or any other document that you used to bring baby in. Along with the normal requirements for getting a passport listed on their website'

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:24am On Mar 14, 2023
Mide4lyf:
Hi Everyone,
have my third baby.
Please kindly assist….
There has been countless testimonies regarding this on this page. A lot of people that were rejected during Trump era have applied and gotten visas recently. Trump era was just a crazy and difficult time for Africans in general trying to visit the us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 6:33am On Mar 16, 2023
Hi everyone. Please has anyone birthed recently in Houston? Kindly assist with how long it took for baby’s passport to be issued. I want to book a flight so I am looking at having a timeline that covers the whole duration as changing flight dates may attract high fares with the rate airlines charges so high now. Please help a sister. Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mide4lyf: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
dere5:

There has been countless testimonies regarding this on this page. A lot of people that were rejected during Trump era have applied and gotten visas recently. Trump era was just a crazy and difficult time for Africans in general trying to visit the us.

Thank you very much
Will apply again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mide4lyf: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

I think you should try again, I know someone who was refused twice during trump administration and tried again for her last baby and got it via physical interview. She didn’t do anything different.
Not trying to raise hopes or dictate what your chances are but just try again.

Thank you very much for your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by goodwealthman(m): 2:28am On Mar 19, 2023
Goodday Everyone, I am applying for my wife's visa to visit the USA for Childbirth, what is the appropriate visa to apply for, B1B2 or B2 only?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zeezahra: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
I had my baby in NJ on the Jan 24th and was back in Naija by 18th of Feb.. we used the US pp and VoA for baby.. though we went to the PP office in Philly and got same day PP because of our travel date.. i landed with baby when he was less than Three weeks old.. and with his US PP..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zeezahra: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
[quote author=Footballer754 post=121642585]

Thank you for your reply

2) we booked Qatar airways. Is it ok?[/quote I had my baby in NJ on the Jan 24th and was back in Naija by 18th of Feb.. we used the US pp and VoA for baby.. though we went to the PP office in Philly and got same day PP because of our travel date.. i landed with baby when he was less than Three weeks old.. and with his US PP..]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Pwinkle1(f): 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kesspru:
Hi everyone. Please has anyone birthed recently in Houston? Kindly assist with how long it took for baby’s passport to be issued. I want to book a flight so I am looking at having a timeline that covers the whole duration as changing flight dates may attract high fares with the rate airlines charges so high now. Please help a sister. Thank you so much
I applied for my baby’s passport on Jan 20th and it was out by Jan 24th. However, I had to show a travel reservation/ticket that showed we were traveling within 14days from the passport application date.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
zeezahra:
I had my baby in NJ on the Jan 24th and was back in Naija by 18th of Feb.. we used the US pp and VoA for baby.. though we went to the PP office in Philly and got same day PP because of our travel date.. i landed with baby when he was less than Three weeks old.. and with his US PP..
Congratulations, thank you for the update, I’ve been wondering if VOA is still a thing because I’ve been considering the option of VOA or ETC.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zeezahra: 3:35am On Mar 21, 2023
Pwinkle1:

I applied for my baby’s passport on Jan 20th and it was out by Jan 24th. However, I had to show a travel reservation/ticket that showed we were traveling within 14days from the passport application date.

Yes why i got lucky to get same day PP was because they had public holiday a day to my travel date so they wont be available so they told me to come back by 1.pm after appearing at 8.am with the baby.. and yes VoA is still a thing u need to contact Immigration officers in Naija.. it took 2 workings for me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zeezahra: 3:44am On Mar 21, 2023
Kesspru:

And yes when booking my flight i booked for 2 months duration travelled at 34wks prego had my LO at 39 wks preggo, i got his BC and SSN one week after his birth booked baby’s one way ticket which was 60USD Called pp US PP Agency got an appointment though Hubby was around so we went to the county office to notarize his Consent form because he wasn’t around on the PP appointment date so I traveled alone to PP agency..

Yes why i got lucky to get same day PP was because they had public holiday a day to my travel date so they wont be available so they told me to come back by 1.pm after appearing at 8.am with the baby.. and yes VoA is still a thing u need to contact Immigration officers in Naija.. it took 2 workings for me..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LadyCaplin: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2023
I used Northside Hospital for the delivery of my Twins. Very good hospital.
Kesspru:
Hi everyone. Please I need help with a doctor and hospital in Atlanta.

Also has the issuance of US passport delays stopped or do they still take time to issue passports?

I will be grateful for your responses. Am due to travel in June but am just trying to find my bearing. I chose to go to Atlanta this time so I need help with an affordable doctor and hospital. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by haydenscorp(f): 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2023
Headhearthand:
Hi Mama, how did this end for you? I am in a similar situation after giving birth in MD. I need advice pls.

Same here.
Guys please help with suggestions. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by haydenscorp(f): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2023
Kemo88:
Hello everyone ,
Had my baby in Maryland and the hospital bills alone were over 21k, I felt like I was being over charged compared to the estimate I was given. I started off in labor and by the next day I went in for CS… I stayed for 72hrs. Then I came back after two days on account of high BP and was observed for two days. I have been asked to write a letter saying the bills are more than expected and request that some bills be knocked off. I was also asked to fill a form. But when I looked at the form all I was seeing is financial assistance. When I called them, the man was saying it’s an in-house hospital thing to knock bills off. That it’s not financial assistance. I hope this wouldn’t affect my visa application in the future. I don’t want to have any issues … I don’t know what to do. Should I apply? Please I need advice. I just feel my bills are not fair enough compared to the estimate I was given. but he said the bills have been reviewed and the only way to knock off is it write a letter saying it’s over the estimate. But the form is titled financial assistance. Advice please ?

Hi kemo,
How did you solve this? I’m in a similar situation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akinrayo: 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2023
zeezahra:

And yes when booking my flight i booked for 2 months duration travelled at 34wks prego had my LO at 39 wks preggo, i got his BC and SSN one week after his birth booked baby’s one way ticket which was 60USD Called pp US PP Agency got an appointment though Hubby was around so we went to the county office to notarize his Consent form because he wasn’t around on the PP appointment date so I traveled alone to PP agency..

zeezahra:

Hello Zee,
Did you declare your pregnancy at POE and if yes Please give a detailed breakdown of the documents you held including the cash in your possession and how the whole experience was like, My wife is currently pregnant and we’re looking at Maryland/Virginia for delivery, so I want to know when’s best for her to travel.
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.