Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1168141 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 3:27am On Mar 10, 2018
In the spirit of giving back ��� (extremely tired i know after today i no go see road do anything on nairaland)

So i came in through LAX via Emirates today 9th of March ... flight from Lagos to Dubai was very good! Got a good seat and plane no even full so me and my bump just occupy 3seat.

Got to Dubai at 5'30am... walked for 15min to my departure gate.
Board the second leg to California at 8'30am

After 16hrs on air finally made it to LAX at 1'30pm.. airport was dry.

Cbp : what are you here for?
Me: Childbirth
Cbp: why?
Me: for my baby to access the US dual citizenship
Cbp: so you want an American baby
Me: who doesnt? *with a smile*
Cbp: how much do you have?
Me: $3000 cash and $12k in my bank cards
Cbp : follow me

I just know its secondary inspection, na so i follow am. Gave my passport to amother officer, after waiting for 20min heard my name

Cbp2 : How are you? *with a smile*
Me : pregnant and fine
Cbp2 : laughs, passport please
Me: gave him
Cbp2 : Dr's appointment
Me : gave him
Cbp2 : types for 5min
Me: do you want the hospital bill? Hotel reservation and itinerary? (Cause i was very tired)
Cbp2 : yes please
Me: hands it over
Cbp2 : your hospital is at Inglewood, why stay at Bakersfield
Me : Ive always loved woodspring hotels and the only one closer to the hospital is at Bakersfield (1hr drive to the hospital
Cbp2 : thats reasonable... do you have anyone here to help when baby comes?
Me : Nope.. my husband is coming in April.. but i dont know when exactly.. he loves to surprise me
Cbp2 : laughs.. i do that also to my wife, anyways i hope he comes so you dont go crazy doing it all alone.
Me: He has no choice
Cbp2: have an amazing delivery.. by the way what are you having?
Me : told him
Cbp2 : Said wow. Congrats (and hands me back my doc)

I was too tireeeeeeeeeed .. i literally crawled out of the airport.

My box wasnt checked though.

Using St Francis and Dr M.. my appointment is on the 13th of March. Right now im in bed.. tired and grateful.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by goobyparks(f): 6:21am On Mar 10, 2018
AmyGod:
Hi goobyparks,

Please, I had my baby 2 weeks ago in Virginia and is yet to get his birth certificate, was told it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get.

I have only 2 weeks more before returning to Naija. Please, how did you process your baby's birth certificate in less than 3 weeks?

I was made to understand there's no way to expedite BC in Virginia. Ur best bet is to go to vital records office @ Richmond (if u are in that axis) or go to DMV and apply and pay for the cert. and it will be sent 2 u.
In my own case, I went to DMV exactly 3wks and 2days after i filled d form @ d hosp and I got it (turns out it was ready 2days before)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 6:52am On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Oke2017 post=65709554]In the spirit of giving back ��� (extremely tired i know after today i no go see road do anything on nairaland)

So i came in through LAX via Emirates today 9th of March ... flight from Lagos to Dubai was very good! Got a good seat and plane no even full so me and my bump just occupy 3seat.

Congrats Dear! Easy Peasy POE!! But wait, did you say 16 hours in the Air?? shocked Is that entire duration of the trip or just Dubai to Lax? 'Shudders'... I don't even want to imagine what that would be like. Well done and easy delivery to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutiep: 7:14am On Mar 10, 2018
Saw a cheap deal of N357 on emirates. You can check that out
Waarreng:
Please did you pay the doctor before applying for the visa? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zannie(f): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2018
Hello all,
My baby girl arrived on the 26th of February using Dr E at Oakbend. Recovery this time around was way better than the first time. I have already processed all $0 balances and BC. Passport to come next week. I havnt received the SSN so I filled in zeros on the application. I didn't sign any oath to that effect. I'm hoping to travel back home next week so I'm really praying the VOA works for me.
I don hang my boot. Child bearing ends here grin

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 8:02am On Mar 10, 2018
Congrats on your baby girl! God bless your LO. Please can you send me Dr E's email address?I

zannie:
Hello all,
My baby girl arrived on the 26th of February using Dr E at Oakbend. Recovery this time around was way better than the first time. I have already processed all $0 balances and BC. Passport to come next week. I havnt received the SSN so I filled in zeros on the application. I didn't sign any oath to that effect. I'm hoping to travel back home next week so I'm really praying the VOA works for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ALADE4J2: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2018
Hi Mamas and Papas, DW applied for VOA on Thursday, but she has not gotten any acknowledgement email or letter up till now. Pls has anybody ever gotten VOA letter without the acknowledgment email?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 9:34am On Mar 10, 2018
In addition to what @marylanmama said go with a letter from your husband stating he has given consent to you to travel with the baby. In the letter he would state your name and passport no. and baby's full and also attache a copy of his bio data page. It is called a letter of consent from the non travelling parent it is an international law to curb trafficking in infants and minors.

Thankful11011:
Good day my people, I commend the wonderful work here, God bless all of us.
Pls I have an issue , I gave birth to my first child in the USA, now am about going for my second missionary journey in the next 2 months, the issue here is that my international passport still bares my maiden name, I was told that I might be stopped at the airport for child trafficking since I don't have the same surname with my child and the only solution is to make a new passport with my husband's name on it and my passport expires 2019, I was hoping to leave it till it expires, please is this true?, thanks as I await a response, God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Pinkstrawberry: 9:55am On Mar 10, 2018
zannie:
Hello all,

Pls how was your oakbend experience delivery, aftercare, e.t.c. I used WHMC the last time but their prices have increased considering using oak bend this time.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
ALADE4J2:
Hi Mamas and Papas, DW applied for VOA on Thursday, but she has not gotten any acknowledgement email or letter up till now. Pls has anybody ever gotten VOA letter without the acknowledgment email?
I applied for VOA on Monday and got the acknowledgement on Wednesday.
Yet to get the approval till now though.
Some peeps got their VOAs in 2 days. I wonder what determines the wide discrepancies.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Oke2017 post=65709554]In the spirit of giving back ��� (extremely tired i know after today i no go see road do anything on nairaland)

Cbp : what are you here for?
Me: Childbirth
Cbp: why?
Me: for my baby to access the US dual citizenship
Cbp: so you want an American baby
Me: who doesnt? *with a smile*
Cbp: how much do you have?
Me: $3000 cash and $12k in my bank cards
Cbp : follow me

I just know its secondary inspection, na so i follow am. Gave my passport to amother officer, after waiting for 20min heard my name

Cbp2 : How are you? *with a smile*
Me : pregnant and fine
Cbp2 : laughs, passport please
Me: gave him
Cbp2 : Dr's appointment
Me : gave him
Cbp2 : types for 5min
Me: do you want the hospital bill? Hotel reservation and itinerary? (Cause i was very tired)
Cbp2 : yes please
Me: hands it over
Cbp2 : your hospital is at Inglewood, why stay at Bakersfield
Me : Ive always loved woodspring hotels and the only one closer to the hospital is at Bakersfield (1hr drive to the hospital
Cbp2 : thats reasonable... do you have anyone here to help when baby comes?
Me : Nope.. my husband is coming in April.. but i dont know when exactly.. he loves to surprise me
Cbp2 : laughs.. i do that also to my wife, anyways i hope he comes so you dont go crazy doing it all alone.
Me: He has no choice
Cbp2: have an amazing delivery.. by the way what are you having?
Me : told him
Cbp2 : Said wow. Congrats (and hands me back my doc)

I was too tireeeeeeeeeed .. i literally crawled out of the airport.

My box wasnt checked though.

Using St Francis and Dr M.. my appointment is on the 13th of March. Right now im in bed.. tired and w. I will be using the same Dr and hospital although I will be coming next month by his grace.

Welcome oo. I'll be using the same Dr and hospital although I will be arriving next month. Pls I sent you a pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by valeria: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
My POE Experience...
I have studied this thread daily for the past 4 months and gotten answers to all questions I ever had. Thanks to Oozymes, Afrobrown2000 e.t.c for helping out when I needed direction.
I have a valid B1/B2 visa issued February 2017 and used it for summer vacation last year. I sent an email to the embassy in January to notify them of my intent to use same visa for child birth. Got a long and probably generic response that it's not a crime to birth in the US and I should have enough evidence at POE to prove to CBP officer that I can afford and have financial and logistical plans in place.
I left Lagos on 7th March at exactly 35 weeks via Turkish airlines. Got to the airport, located the Port Health office and got a fit to fly certificate at N1,500. I also had a folder with all documents; doctor's fit to fly, US doctor's appointment letter, hospital correspondence and bills, etc.
Got to Istanbul and at the check before boarding, I was asked what the purpose of my trip was. I answered vacation, scans thru my passport and repeated the question. I then said vacation and to have my baby. She walks away with my passport and went inside to her boss, came back to ask for my return itinerary and I was asked to go.
2nd check asked that I write down the address of where I would stay in the US and I did. At boarding, the lady asked how old my pregnancy is and requested my Doctor's certificate of fitness. I showed her and after reading through, she changed my seat to an aisle seat on the first row with enough room space.
Arrived JFK on 8th March at about 6.10pm New York time. Used the self service desk and my slip was circled cos I declared food. I was directed to a long queu with people who had a circle or star on their slips. Movement was very slow on the queu cos everyone had to be checked.
Shortly after, an officer came to our queu and asked some of us to join the queu for US citizens since it was almost empty at the time.
It got to my turn and conversation as follows:
Me: Good evening
CBP: Good evening can I have your passport
Me: Hands over to him
CBP: Do you have food
Me: Yes
CBP: What kind of food?
Me: Ogbono, egusi, crayfish (he was confused and hasn't heard these names before) I tried to explain that they are seeds
CBP: Are they all dry?
Me: Yes
CBP: Do you have fruits, meat or any fresh food?
Me: No
CBP: Stamps my passport and says enjoy your stay
No secondary inspection of my luggage, no question about my pregnancy, how much I have on me e.t.c. I was shocked because on my last visit I was asked the basic questions like why I'm here, how long I will be staying and how much I had on me.
PS. I travelled at 35 weeks but my bump looks like I'm over 37 weeks and this almost got me worried before the trip but thank God it all ended in praise.
I am in NYC and will be heading to Dallas in a few days...
Thanks to you all for making this thread so helpful

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmyGod: 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2018
Thank you so much for responding.

Please, from your reply, it seems DMV is independent of the vital records office?

1. What documents did you go with?
2. Did you schedule an appointment?
3. How fast did you get the BC sent to you after the visit to DMV?

I am sorry for asking to many questions.

I was made to understand there's no way to expedite BC in Virginia. Ur best bet is to go to vital records office @ Richmond (if u are in that axis) or go to DMV and apply and pay for the cert. and it will be sent 2 u.
In my own case, I went to DMV exactly 3wks and 2days after i filled d form @ d hosp and I got it (turns out it was ready 2days before)[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmyGod: 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
Thank you so much for responding @goobyparks .

Please, from your reply, it seems DMV is independent of the vital records office?

1. What documents did you go with?
2. Did you schedule an appointment?
3. How fast did you get the BC sent to you after the visit to DMV?

I am sorry for asking to many questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Mamatukwas post=65710599][/quote]

16hrs oooo. From Dxb to Lax. The seats was very comfy although i got tired ooo. Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Viola2017 post=65717304][/quote]

Ive replied you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
mummyethan:

Methodist sugar land
CS Delivery $7000
Vaginal Delivery $5000
Anesthesiologist $2000
Each additional Day VD $1000
Each additional Day CS $1500

This is the current price got it last week from my Doctor.
. Hello ma'am pls can u give me email of ur doctor? And does he charge for appointment letter
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=mummyethan post=64291475][/quote]. @mummyethan pls message me on
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2018
lolaemerald123:
. @mummyethan pls message me on lola.emerald87@gmail.com thx ma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Viola2017 post=65717304][/quote]. Hello ma'am. Pls can I have dr Francis email address.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
Congrats on your baby girl! God bless your LO. Please can you send me Dr E's email address?I
Hi ma. Congrats pls can u send me doctor E's email address

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
zannie:
Hello all,
Congrats ma. Pls I need dr E's email address

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chinemeze17: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
julzz:

Pls the visa on arrival did you type it on an A4 paper then scanned it or you just typed it in you email and sent, also was it your husband that sent it with his email or you sent it with your email?
I sent with my email and someone said it has to be from my husband and I'm supposed to type it on and A4 sheet and scan how true is this?
I sent it with my email but attached my husbands passport page, mine and LO's passport
They responded and acknowledged receipt and after 24 hours sent me the approval email with attached details

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
lanzee1451:
[quote author=mama

pls can you help me with the the email address of Dr F or E of oakbend medical center and the quotes you received from them? My email address is lanzee4uall@yahoo.com Thank you very much.
. Pls I need dr E's email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
Oke2017:

16hrs oooo. From Dxb to Lax. The seats was very comfy although i got tired ooo. Hmmmm

Mehn! You tried!! Pele dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hello People..SOS!!!

please where can I get compression socks in Lagos?
I have been to 4 pharmacies to no luck in the last 2 weeks.

ejo e epp mi o!!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jane111: 12:12am On Mar 11, 2018
AmyGod:
Hi goobyparks,

Please, I had my baby 2 weeks ago in Virginia and is yet to get his birth certificate, was told it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get.

I have only 2 weeks more before returning to Naija. Please, how did you process your baby's birth certificate in less than 3 weeks?
Congrats, how is the LO? It is well with you. Someone said here on time that one should repeated call the vitals office, more literally call countless times and by so doing you will get it sooner than later. On another note ma’am, pls can you share the details of Henrico with me, I intend using the hospital and I have called several times and always going to voicemail, pls how did you obtain the bills? How was your experience with them? Pls I have sent you a PM, thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmyGod: 3:18am On Mar 11, 2018
Hi dear, I have replied your pm.
Jane111:

Congrats, how is the LO? It is well with you. Someone said here on time that one should repeated call the vitals office, more literally call countless times and by so doing you will get it sooner than later. On another note ma’am, pls can you share the details of Henrico with me, I intend using the hospital and I have called several times and always going to voicemail, pls how did you obtain the bills? How was your experience with them? Pls I have sent you a PM, thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 5:44am On Mar 11, 2018
Depending on where you live, i found in Tabade Pharmacy in Yaba around Customs office, i think the area is called Onike. But they are mad plenty on LUTH road in Mushin near the mushin Food market. Check the stores around there that sell adult diapers, collars, wheelchairs etc

quote author=Ojugunrege post=65732688]Hello People..SOS!!!

please where can I get compression socks in Lagos?
I have been to 4 pharmacies to no luck in the last 2 weeks.

ejo e epp mi o!!!![/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zannie(f): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2018
Pinkstrawberry:

Pls how was your oakbend experience delivery, aftercare, e.t.c. I used WHMC the last time but their prices have increased considering using oak bend this time.
Thanks

It was awesome. It's my second childbirth there with the same doctor. However they changed their neonatal services provider and I wasn't impressed with them at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.