Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164617 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
Mrsteeeeee:
Please any mum due in June/July for LA California kindly buzz pls
Do you have family there or you'll be renting an apartment?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CheeseMama: 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
i had my baby at HNWMC with Dr. Xydas practice. At my first appointment i requested to be scheduled for a time he would be around. He was ok that day, asked how i had found him and all that, he answered my questions and it was a pleasant visit. My other appointments were with Dr Duong or the nurse practitioner. Delivery day it was Dr. Ross that was on call and he was awesome. Great bedside manner and even when i begged for a CS due to no progress for 5 hours, he advised against it and told me to give it another 2 hours. In an hour I was 10cm and ready to push, he handled the delivery well and encouraged me through it. Now on discharge day, after waiting all day till 3pm for Dr to certify me fit to go home Dr X appeared. The man didnt ask me one question, he just said 'Ok you can go home, baby is fine. We will see you in 3 weeks'. No abdominal exam. Nothing! No advice on after care for self, even my Mum was shocked. At the time I was tired and just wanted to get home but in hindsight it was so unprofessional especially as i had a difficult recovery for the first few days that i was so unprepared for.

Jasmine08:
Wow! Thanks for this firsthand review and I'm sorry you went through that horrific ordeal.

I've been corresponding with Dr. F and was just about to pay to get an appointment date but now I won't.

Pls what's the full name for Dr. Z (Admin kindly allow this just this once) and is he with Oakbend too?

Also, I'll be glad if anyone has personal reviews to share on Dr. X of HNWMC... I don't really trust online reviews.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Katete: 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
In light of this doctors review, has anyone used Dr La? Please I need comments before I pay. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jasmine08: 12:19am On Apr 01, 2018
Hmmm! Thanks for sharing.

CheeseMama:
i had my baby at HNWMC with Dr. Xydas practice. At my first appointment i requested to be scheduled for a time he would be around. He was ok that day, asked how i had found him and all that, he answered my questions and it was a pleasant visit. My other appointments were with Dr Duong or the nurse practitioner. Delivery day it was Dr. Ross that was on call and he was awesome. Great bedside manner and even when i begged for a CS due to no progress for 5 hours, he advised against it and told me to give it another 2 hours. In an hour I was 10cm and ready to push, he handled the delivery well and encouraged me through it. Now on discharge day, after waiting all day till 3pm for Dr to certify me fit to go home Dr X appeared. The man didnt ask me one question, he just said 'Ok you can go home, baby is fine. We will see you in 3 weeks'. No abdominal exam. Nothing! No advice on after care for self, even my Mum was shocked. At the time I was tired and just wanted to get home but in hindsight it was so unprofessional especially as i had a difficult recovery for the first few days that i was so unprepared for.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 12:42am On Apr 01, 2018
Please does anyone have the link to book appointment at the embassy for notarisation. Urgent plsssssssss

AroOkigbo:

Didn't use the notary option. ..not sure of the exact link.
Those who have used this option should pls help Silver2010
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyibo4real: 1:18am On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=Silver2010 post=66329116]Please does anyone have the link to book appointment at the embassy for notarisation. Urgent plsssssssss

Here:
https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrsteeeeee: 4:47am On Apr 01, 2018
ozycy:

Do you have family there or you'll be renting an apartment?

Renting An apartment! Will u be there around same period?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by swanky6968: 5:54am On Apr 01, 2018
Do I have any mum given birth in HOUSTON around September - November... I will be travelling in September and am looking to rent an apartment. Please those anyone have information on how to get a good apartment in houston...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by swanky6968: 5:57am On Apr 01, 2018
Also my interview is in 2wks I want to know if there is any specific amount that would look suspicious let say DH has about 15million in his savings account (no lump sum) it has been accumulated since January coming in and out. Plus is there any problem with the account since it was opened in January. Or should I use his companies account
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 6:17am On Apr 01, 2018
swanky6968:
Also my interview is in 2wks I want to know if there is any specific amount that would look suspicious let say DH has about 15million in his savings account (no lump sum) it has been accumulated since January coming in and out. Plus is there any problem with the account since it was opened in January. Or should I use his companies account

I think that is questionable, 15M in 3months will surely raise some eyebrows. If you are going to use his company's account make sure that the total cost of the trip will not affect the running of the company.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 8:14am On Apr 01, 2018
Thank you!

ozycy:

Cancel your appointment, both of you should book a particular date and interview time, arrive embassy together, keep following yourselves bumper to bumper until you land infront of the VO grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by domrita: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2018
I had my last baby with dr X practice in 2015 .For my prenatals i saw dr duong and dr Ross and also dr Ross took my delivery n he was very nice and professional.Even came in later in the morning to check us up before leaving the hosp.I finally met dr X later on that day..He came n introuduced himself n i startd laughn he asked y and i said for like 5weeks now i hvnt met n today you show up? He said yes he wanted me to see his face before discharge. Am here again n i would definitely use them once again.. Esp dr Joel Ross.
CheeseMama:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by swanky6968: 8:41am On Apr 01, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

I think that is questionable, 15M in 3months will surely raise some eyebrows. If you are going to use his company's account make sure that the total cost of the trip will not affect the running of the company.

He had a previous savings account that he was using. But he closed it down and opened a new one because he needed an account officer. And the other account didn't have one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 9:23am On Apr 01, 2018
swanky6968:

He had a previous savings account that he was using. But he closed it down and opened a new one because he needed an account officer. And the other account didn't have one

Not valid.... Another account officer ought to have been assigned to that account.

Not sounding like so much challenge though, especially if your opening balance maybe a week after the account was opened shows a reasonable sitting balance compared to the closing balance by interview time. A reasonable statement for this purpose ought to Span 6months I think, not hard and fast though....

That said, hopefully the "age" of this account doesn't become your undoing as it has loads of the trappings of something done so so deliberately, but such preparation should be normal anyways. The hurdle then maybe in showing how it is possible to earn that well. Just my thoughts.... Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by SleekFullah(f): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2018
Yes Katete I used Dr La last year and he is the word AWESOME!!! He takes his time to explain every single thing to you and also listens to you attentively and answers every question you ask him... He also has a very good sense of humour... His staff are very polite, friendly and very caring... I had my baby during the hurricane, he wasn't on call so Dr Wynn delivered my baby... But when I went back to Dr La for my post partum check up... He was very thorough and took his time to explain all I needed to know and checked to make sure my tear was healing nicely.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by litylity55: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2018
Good morning mama and papa in the house. This is to use this medium ymto thank everyone that's contributing to the information giving out here on this thread. I have read all tru and it has help me to get information I need to know about hospital, doctors and so on.
So we breezed into United state yeastday through atlanta going to Houston. At the poe no questioning even the kids were running helter skelter it was even the cbd officials that was holding them for me and my wife to do our finger prints and they stamp us for 6months . Just only doctors appointment was checked.

No secondary, No agric. Stamp and we lead way to connecting flight. Pick up our bags in Houston and we check out. Waiting to follow my wife for her appointment on the 3rd in Dr xydas office. It is just God and we know is a great favour. God will help all of us all.j Just to settle my family down with Dr and hospital stuff before coming back to naija. And I know other processing here too will be a favour too. Thanks all. God bless us all.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2018
This is why

://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/toys-r-us-stores-closing-sales-2018-3

Mandex11:
shocked shocked wonder why tho

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Apr 01, 2018
swanky6968:

You need to be able to explain this during your interview and to explain what he does for work.

What is the total cost of your trip?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 12:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hello All.

Pls has anyone given birth in Reno Nevada area on this group. I don research tire! Any leads will be so helpful. Thats where I have accommodation hence the decision to birth there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Katete: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
SleekFullah:
Yes Katete I used Dr La last year and he is the word AWESOME!!! He takes his time to explain every single thing to you and also listens to you attentively and answers every question you ask him... He also has a very good sense of humour... His staff are very polite, friendly and very caring... I had my baby during the hurricane, he wasn't on call so Dr Wynn delivered my baby... But when I went back to Dr La for my post partum check up... He was very thorough and took his time to explain all I needed to know and checked to make sure my tear was healing nicely.
thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
superdoll:
I just read here that oakbend has increases their price. Pls who has idea of the new price?
Madam the Madam..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pearlobi: 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
mamaron:

Steps to take are in page 0. Copied from page 0!!!

Tips For Giving Birth in the USA

1. Apply for a B1/B2 Medical visa, go with evidence to show that you have a hospital,doctor and funds to cover accommodation, medical treatment and any other incidences. (This is popularly referred to as burden of proof on this thread).

2. Be honest during the visa interview about your intention to give birth in US.

For your specific case B2 is the same category for vacation and medical. No worries there if that's what you chose. They usually give B1/B2 anyway.

Find and choose a doctor and hospital and have evidence that they are ok to treat you....declare your intention at interview even if not asked.

I'm not sure 2million covers the cost of birth, accommodation etc. You or your husband need to have evidence of funds to cover your birth plan. Average I've seen here is between $15k and $20k. Avoid lump sum transfers and "sudden" deposits to your account.

[color=#006600]

Thank you. I'll start looking out for a Dr right away and maybe move the appointment till August.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by superdoll: 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Madam the Madam..

My oga ooo. We de plan missionary journey as london no wan release ppr. Wetin u de do here ? grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
superdoll:

My oga ooo. We de plan missionary journey as london no wan release ppr. Wetin u de do here ? grin grin
Why na? Even if u do am in Nigeria.. Na canadian them go be when una finally migrate.. No vanish that cash.. I dey move around threads..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Anchola: 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hello Kafcakes, pls which hospital did you finally settle for. I'm in New Jersey and I'm scheduled to see Dr. F using St Mary's.
Just wondering if there are other/better deals.
kafcakes:
I'm in new jersey, send ur email add, I can assist with info, been to few hospitals, finally settled for one and had my first appointment today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kafcakes: 5:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Hi dear, Welcome
So far no other hospital, only doctor F, others are ridiculously expensive. I have started my Anc there and made payments.

Anchola:
Hello Kafcakes, pls which hospital did you finally settle for. I'm in New Jersey and I'm scheduled to see Dr. F using St Mary's.
Just wondering if there are other/better deals.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 7:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Thank you. Highly appreciated, @Oyibo4real[quote author=oyibo4real post=66329464][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DadiKamC: 9:15am On Apr 02, 2018
Good morning Beautiful family.
A colleague introduced us here a couple of months back and I can say we have received invaluable insights from this thread. I wish to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread.
We went for our visa interview and it was successful. Nothing spectacular from the interview that isn't here on this thread. When the VO asked us why we going to the US to birth, why not UK, SA, or anywhere else? We responded we didn't get referral for those other places. He (VO) interjected and said he can tell us the UK is far cheaper, more convenient and has even better healthcare service. In my mind I am like just give us the Visa and leave where is more convenient for us to decide (Lol). Long story short, he granted us the Visa.
Now we will be going to Houston; Oakbend Medical Centre to be precise anytime from late June to early July. Can anyone please assist us with decent cost effective accommodation which isn't too far from the hospital? We are planning to stay between 8-10 weeks. How much should I budget for our accommodation? Wifey will be going first while I and our 2yrs old LO will join her shortly after. We do not wish to share toilets. A room should be fine for us. Anyone with info should please help us. Thank you all for the guidance and God bless you all immensely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.