Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack (7870 Views)

Court Stops Sanusi From Demolishing Kano Ex-emirs’ Tombs / Buhari’s Liaison Officer, Nura Rimi, Sent On Diplomatic Posting To UAE / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by nduchucks: 2:04am On Apr 05, 2010

Abubakar Rimi

Second republic politician and former governor of Kano state Alhaji Muhammadu Abubakar Rimi is dead. There is no confirmation of the exact cause of his death as at the time of filing this report.

A source told Saharareporters that Alhaji Rimi was attacked by gunmen in his house and shot but that he died of heart attack. We could not confirm that particular story from family sources.

In January 2006 gunmen believed to be assasins killed his wife at his home. The case took a strange twist when his son was arrested and charged for killing his wife, he was later released before the police commenced trial.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5711-abuabakar-rimi-is-dead.html

May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Report from thisday below:

Former governor of Kano State and former presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Abubakar Rimi, has died after an armed robbery attack.

He was reportedly unhurt in the encounter with the robbers around 11pm last night. The robbers were said to have recognised him and decided not to rob him. Instead, they seized his phones so that he would not report to the police.On getting to Kano, he was said to have been in shock. His personal doctor, it was gathered, checked his blood pressure and decided to take him to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital. He never recovered and was pronounced dead shortly after.His body has been moved to his residence in Kano and will be buried according to Islamic rites this morning.

Initial reports said he was shot in the head in the attack which took place at a village called Darki in Wudil Local Government Area, Kano State, while he was returning from Bauchi State where he had gone for his eldest daughter's wedding.
But it was later revealed that he suffered no gunshot wounds. However, given that his blood pressure had shot up during the attack, he might have suffered a massive stroke, leading to his death.

The radical politician, who was instrumental to the victory of Chief MKO Abiola in the June 12, 1993 presidential election in Kano State, was travelling in a Landcruiser SUV in company with three other persons

Read the rest here:  http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=170177

Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by Pk001(m): 2:17am On Apr 05, 2010
So sad!
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by Beaf: 2:20am On Apr 05, 2010
May his soul rest in peace.
He was one of those politicians that was neither here nor there, he talked from both sides of the mouth.

Two senators from the sharia North died last week, now Rimi. Are there questions to be answered or is it all above board?
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by mistakay: 2:28am On Apr 05, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Abubakar Rimi

Second republic politician and former governor of Kano state Alhaji Muhammadu Abubakar Rimi is dead. There is no confirmation of the exact cause of his death as at the time of filing this report.

A source told Saharareporters that Alhaji Rimi was attacked by gunmen in his house and shot but that he died of heart attack. We could not confirm that particular story from family sources.

In January 2006 gunmen believed to be assasins killed his wife at his home. The case took a strange twist when his son was arrested and charged for killing his wife, he was later released before the police commenced trial.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5711-abuabakar-rimi-is-dead.html

May his soul rest in perfect peace.

oh pls.OMG. May his soul rest in perfect peace,Ameen.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by boladez(m): 2:36am On Apr 05, 2010
Whatever is killing these politicians should remember we have quota system in Nigeria, make all these corrupt politicians die across the country, kwik kwik
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by naijaking1: 3:31am On Apr 05, 2010
I met the man in Atlanta in 1999, while he followed OBJ to deliver a lecture at GSU and Emory. He's personable and charming, qualities which seemed to contradict what you read in the papers about him.
May his soul rest in peace, and may all these untimley deaths spur the government to elevate our healthcare to World class.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by nethacker(m): 3:41am On Apr 05, 2010
Another one in how many months shocked shocked shocked Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa embarassed embarassed
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by McKren(m): 3:47am On Apr 05, 2010
Nobody is safe in Nigeria

The horror of armed robery in Nigeria is something else

I still have not recovered from the shock I had the day I was travelling from International Airport to my village but confronted by Armed Robbers at PH Aba expressway.

May Abubakar Rimi's soul rest in peace.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by bobo09: 4:14am On Apr 05, 2010
3 notable northern politicians died within 2 weeks after all d political tribulation we pass thru dis year.dis is a sign dat a rapid change is about to take place in Naija.
Sir,may ur soul rest in peace only if u r among those dat seek 4 d peace & progress of our great nation.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by OAM4J: 4:32am On Apr 05, 2010

What a way to die. sad

Lesson to all in power.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by nethacker(m): 4:35am On Apr 05, 2010
REPENT!!!!! the kingdom of God is at hand. . . fear d Lord all ye cruel leaders. . . . the time is near lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by slap1(m): 4:39am On Apr 05, 2010
Pity.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by rickie4us(m): 5:31am On Apr 05, 2010
sad ,

the issue of insecurity must be really addressed ,
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by Ikengawo: 5:43am On Apr 05, 2010
they are addressing it, the natural way, cappin the son of a b1^cth in the nugget
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by Digriz(m): 7:00am On Apr 05, 2010
Do they hv connection wt d jos massacre to suspect d wrath of God?
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by edoyad(m): 7:11am On Apr 05, 2010
Rimi was actually a radical, the kind of person the system despised. Wouldn't be suprised if it was a political assassination.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 05, 2010
Sad indeed
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by ReachRich(m): 7:30am On Apr 05, 2010
May his soul RIP.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by RichDad1(m): 9:30am On Apr 05, 2010
sad.more to follow though
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by MaiSuya(m): 9:34am On Apr 05, 2010
Wao! If such a thing can happen to someone of his stature, then God help us. . .

Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by Gadols(f): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2010
Oh Lord!!! Am saddened by this piece of news. Speechless.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by uche77zero(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2010
make una vex, na so this guys like life them show am gun him
what of us for port Harcourt wey dey see am every day
by now we for don finish
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by lannre(m): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2010
boladez:

Whatever is killing these politicians should remember we have quota system in Nigeria, make all these corrupt politicians die across the country, kwik kwik

QUOTA system or gutter system is internal racism ,death dont discriminate .
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by DereI(f): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2010
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by marocguy(m): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
May his soul rest in peace. He was one of d fines gentlemen i respected from d north. He was a great man.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by astuto: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2010
When last i checked, i thought the popular wish was that the older less trustworthy generation of politicians should be killed off or something. Where is this outpouring of sympathy, shock and 'grief' coming from?

I don't know much about Rimi to be honest, but i got the impression he was one of those all-time recycled politicians that the nation is suffering from presently. Please correct me if i am mistaken or have gotten the wrong notion.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by naijaking1: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^^^
No civilized culture beats up on a dead body sad
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by astuto: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2010
naijaking1:

^^^^
No civilized culture beats up on a dead body sad

Don't look at it that way. I am definitely not for disrespecting the deceased, but truth has to be said. If a negative influence leaves the system (by whatever means: prison, death, repentance etc) it has to be welcomed.

Forgive me and i regret any disrespectful message that might have been inferred from my post.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by bolanleodu: 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2010
I guess the only way his soul will rest in peace is if he was obedient to the will of GOD. Moreso i dont really see the big deal here, he's old and he belong to that class of Nigerians some people will personally want to unnaturally dispose of. I really wish it was either babangida, obj, odili, slyvia, daniel and all the money thiefing politicians we have in Nigeria. As for me i dont wast my prayer on the dead.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by bolanleodu: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2010
I guess the only way his soul will rest in peace is if he was obedient to the will of GOD. Moreso i dont really see the big deal here, he's old and he belong to that class of Nigerians some people will personally want to unnaturally dispose of. I really wish it was either babangida, obj, odili, slyvia, daniel and all the money thiefing politicians we have in Nigeria. As for me i dont wast my prayer on the dead.
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by sammytb(m): 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hmmmmm so sad
Re: Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2010
I guess the closer we get to 2011 election, the more violence we will see, Nigerian style of politics . . . . nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maritime Workers Union Of Nigeria Shut Ports Operations Nationwide / Nigerian Army Arrests Generals,senior Officers For Letting Boko Haram Take Baga / Dariye’s Defection Criminal, Unconstitutional – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.