Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences (18400 Views)

How To Handle Your Tailor This Yuletide (pix) / When Your Tailor Said "Come And Collect It On 12th" And It's 24th / 8 Signs Your Tailor Is Going To Disappoint You (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
Oyindidi:
I'm fine, you?
just here reading through threads
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
I am a tailor with difference. I don't disappoint customers. I rather reject it than to collect and won't meet up.

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by softiebae: 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
my tailor called me to come pick my clothes, just hope she never sew rubbish Sha
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Oluwaseyi00(m): 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Have given up on my tailor, Gave him cloth to sew since November and till Now it's been stories that touch.

Have really given up. When he's ready he'll lemme know.. Can't continue wasting fare in this period embarassed

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by omoiyalayi(m): 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
Christmas cloth is for children na

Those days when I was a kid I used to have Christmas and new year clothes

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
No be my birthday ni, na bros J birthday.
He wasn't born in my villa.
Tailors no see my shadow this period.
Na the 3wise men I dey wait make we begin roll to Damascus abi?

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Eleganza33(f): 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
bigerboy200:
More reason I hate sewing..I'll rather buy already made dress..
lolz i they tel u
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by BabylonCruise(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nne5:
Most tailors should have learnt carpentery instead of fashion designing because instead of sewing clothes,,they construct clothes.

You'll show them what you want,they'll listen attentively as if they understand what you're saying.
At the end,they 'construct' whatever they like with your material.

One time I got so angry that I left the 'constructed cloth' with the tailor.
She had to get me a new material.

No time
U sound pained.�
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nova01(m): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
NwaChibuzor666:
Mine was during my wedding. It was by a yoruba tailor. Very wicked set of beings.
upon all your rants about yoruba u still give dem cloth sewn tribalistic bastard be lying there
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
mzHANA:
I'm a fashionist and I tell lies to my customers when I can't finish the work at the appointed time
Lwkm ur one of our problems. Me If I tell you one week den I’ll get it ready in 3days but if I already have much work I’ll just tell you 2weeks

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by akinswagg(m): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
sonnie10:
So I decided to make agbada for the first time. Normally, I would prefer senators and designers suits but because agbada is trendy, I went for it. My projection was to get it ready in Lagos since my connecting flight would be from there.
About two weeks ago I called a friend and she introduced me to a 'trusted" tailor, who would not disappoint. Well, I contacted the tailor and he offered to make them for 80k each since I had the materials. He promised to make the five different designs well and on time, so I transferred a total of 400k to his account. I only told him to be careful with the fabrics because I had bought them expensive during my last trip outside.

To cut the long story short, this is christmass and nothing has been done. I am just lucky that I bought a few designers suits on my way back.

I will never trust those tailors .

all tailors are not the same... Am a tailor and I don't disappoint my customers
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
I am a tailor with difference. I don't disappoint customers. I rather reject it than to collect and won't meet up.
Gbam exactly.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
sonnie10:
So I decided to make agbada for the first time. Normally, I would prefer senators and designers suits but because agbada is trendy, I went for it. My projection was to get it ready in Lagos since my connecting flight would be from there.
About two weeks ago I called a friend and she introduced me to a 'trusted" tailor, who would not disappoint. Well, I contacted the tailor and he offered to make them for 80k each since I had the materials. He promised to make the five different designs well and on time, so I transferred a total of 400k to his account. I only told him to be careful with the fabrics because I had bought them expensive during my last trip outside.

To cut the long story short, this is christmass and nothing has been done. I am just lucky that I bought a few designers suits on my way back.

Lol sorry to say but u might not see dah cloth again. First you don’t pay in full unless u already hv a previous working relationship with the tailor. You pay deposit 1st maybe 100k so he can start.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by 26Clueless(m): 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
I kno get money...I hide my face
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by dissybling(f): 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
mine did oooo....e pain me lyk
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by mzHANA(f): 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
ogorwyne:

That is so wrong. How do you feel after each lie? Like a sharp FASHIONISTA? That is bad o.

It not my fault, d lie actually comes when they keep on calling
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by banre(m): 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
People still dey sew Christmas clothes
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
Oyindidi:
I'm fine, you?

Merry xmas to you bree..
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nickymezor(f): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
lilfreezy:
agbaya Christmas cloth undecided
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by lovethchioma(f): 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
What if I was disappointed? OK will you give me another dress?
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by goody1shoe73(m): 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
sonnie10:

80k?? Even Ebuka agbada no cost reach like that

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by chilewenwam: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
odehaj:
Mine is upholstery. I gave him the work since last week and he promised to finish up by yesterdsy,Saturday. As I write this he's not even answering his calls. He has all my car seats removed except the driver seat. Don't know what to do as he has decapitated&grounded my family & I.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by faheez(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
bro qudus, bro qudus ,bro qudus. that tailor na mother of all disappointer, permit me to use the word. for more than one whole month, that bro no finish my cloth, I visited him just to para for him, cloth no show face, he promised to come with the cloth that night coz I was supposed to travel following day, I waited for his call all through the night, no call no cloth. I tire for that man. I had to leave the town without the clothes. it's painful to be disappointed..

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by jamesbridget13(f): 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
Mine delivered. I am gonna rock it with my daughter on d first Sunday in 2018 to appreciate Baba Chi

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Deo1986(m): 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
mzHANA:
I'm a fashionist and I tell lies to my customers when I can't finish the work at the appointed time
Thats why you would never be gucci, prada, versace,tommy hilfiger and the rest of them big fashion designers.

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by sonnie10: 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
goody1shoe73:
80k?? Even Ebuka agbada no cost reach like that

It would have been a good deal if the tailor had followed through, consering that the African stores here have them for $350 and up.

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Filosofa: 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
The guy just sewed my suit using another man's measurement. I found myself swimming inside the suit.

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
shammahyaro:
I called him "the tailor" last night n he said my cloths aint ready till 30th...I was pained...like what's d need den..

This your lips na gbam, Well Wrapped Rounded
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
I didn't give her the chance to disappoint me. My ankara can wait till January.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by JVgal(f): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
deeLima86:

Is your friend Ann on Nairaland?

Yes, y do u wanna know?

What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? / #tgt: Thick Girl Thursday, An Appreciation Of Fuller Figure Women / Wat Do U Tink About slim Fitting Jeans 4 Males?