Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,872 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:36 AM

How Affairs Make My Marriage Stronger - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Affairs Make My Marriage Stronger (499 Views)

How Do I Make My Crush To Have Sex With Me When She Visits Me / Naija babes Are stronger than guys even in their almighty beds . ..true or false / 3. Proven Tricks That Make Your Marriage Stronger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Affairs Make My Marriage Stronger by nnena2007: 4:26am On Dec 25, 2017
It's a Wednesday night, and my boyfriend and I are drinking wine and making out in the back booth of a dimly lit bar. It feels like nothing else in the world exists… until my phone vibrates.

"It's my husband. The kids are in bed," I say, then put my phone in my purse and pull my boyfriend toward me. I spend half a second staring at the diamond on my engagement ring before hiding my hand from my sight line. It's not a secret that I'm married, but it's also not something I want to think about right now.

Am I a horrible person? Without context, I know I sound horrible. But in my marriage, having affairs works. My husband and I don't talk about it. But I'm certain our don't-ask-don't-tell rule is what has allowed our marriage to last as long as it has.

Notice that I didn't say we're in an open marriage — we're not. An open marriage is transparent, with agreed-upon rules and an understanding of what both parties will and will not do with others. My marriage is opaque. I recognize what Frank and Claire Underwood have in House of Cards, although I like to think my husband and I aren't as soulless as their characters. But there are similarities: We know the other has secrets, but we don't care to find out more. It's an attitude people think of as very French — the idea that you can have an affair and a healthy marriage. Quite honestly, it works. But that doesn't mean it's easy.

When Dave* and I met in our late 20s, I knew that he was a player. So was I. We also had chemistry beyond anything else I'd ever experienced. We just got each other. When I was with him, I could be myself. He was the only boyfriend I've ever told the truth to about how many men I'd slept with, because I believed that no matter what I said, he'd never judge me. He also never seemed to get jealous.

After about six months of late-night booty calls, Dave and I settled into a proper relationship and started calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend. At first, it was incredibly volatile. After not hearing from him for an evening, I'd go ballistic. He'd refuse to engage, saying he had nothing to apologize for. We yelled about cheating — he'd do it, I'd do it, we'd be furious with each other. But eventually, I realized this dynamic wouldn't change. One of us would always act out if cheating was against the rules.

But what if it wasn't? What if we both admitted that, yes, we were sometimes tempted, and that sometimes we acted on that temptation? I think I was the one who brought it up over dinner one night, just after we'd moved in together. I told him that I'd no longer ask questions, that I didn't want to know. He said he'd do the same. We reaffirmed that we loved each other, and that wouldn't change. And then, without drawing up any official rules, we embarked on our anything-but-traditional relationship.

Read the rest at :
http://www.streav.com/groups/art/forum/topic/how-affairs-make-my-marriage-stronger/#post-4003
Re: How Affairs Make My Marriage Stronger by ubunja(m): 4:34am On Dec 25, 2017
ok. interesting.
i have noticed one recurring detail with these "my BF and I are having sex with other people" stories : 99% OF THE TIMES THE WOMAN BRINGS IT UP FIRST.

2 Likes

Re: How Affairs Make My Marriage Stronger by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2017
"Am I a horrible person"
Whatever you do and you ask yourself that question is bad.

(1) (Reply)

(FOR FUN) Tell Us The Last Food And Drink(s) You Enjoy Tonight / 16 Year Old Girl Molested And Impregnated By Her Father And Uncle / 18-year-old Girl Auctioning Her Virginity To Buy Her Parents A House. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.