Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 (2734 Views)

Here's Why Romans 8 Is A Problem For Witnesses / You Are A Product Of Divine Purpose - Romans 8:15-17 / The Joyful Sound - Psalm 89:15, Romans 8:14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2017
An2elect2:
grin Thanks for the mention but your second post did justice to the verse.
Thanks. Keep an eye on the thread though.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by paxonel(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2017
Nebes:
It's self explanatory. Any christian conscious of this verse is a total winner. God has already judged in our favour for any case at all, both on earth and beyond.
How I wish a lot of Christians will study the bible on their own. I've experienced this verse actively in my own life.
As self explanatory that scripture is, you are getting it wrong.
Pastors are getting it wrong too.

God can not judge a case in favour of any christian when he is wrong. God is not that bias.
If you are wrong as a christian you will go for it.
However, that scripture is simply saying that, nobody can judge a christian such that, he will loose the eternal life that was once given to him as a gift through Christ, irrespective of what he or she has done

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2017
paxonel:

God can not judge a case in favour of any christian when he is wrong. God is not that bias.
However, that scripture is simply saying that, nobody can judge a christian such that, he will loose the eternal life that was once given to him as a gift through Christ, irrespective of what he or she has done
Nice one!
If I understood Nebes well, you are essentially saying the same thing.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
Permanent salvation by faith alone is a doctrine of the antichrist- the lawless one. The one in whose name the law of God is abolished- that is done away with.
Abraham was said to have faith which led to his righteousness . Folks abrahams faith is actually his good works.he walked before God and was obedient to his commandments( moral laws) that has been in place before Moses time.
He worshipped Yahweh, he never went about committing adultery, robbing people of their money, etc. He lived a life of Good works, walked blamless before God while the whole world was living in sin!!
Joseph had faith when he refused to sleep with portiphar's wife.
Noah had faith so he build an ark devoting time, energy, resources etc towards what God order him to do and also lived a righteous life.
Folks faith means Good works and righteous deeds. But preachers of today has changed it to mean wishful believes to attain worldly riches and money or lust of the eyes, flesh etc. Now this is a doctrine of the antichrist a man of SIN a man in whose name the law of Yahweh is abolished promoting LAWLESSNESS in all the churches.
Some christians/ pastors/ bishops would say to Yahushua on the last day - sir in your name we cast out demons and prayed but He would rely them, I never knew you DEPART FROM ME YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS( DECLARING AND TEACHING THAT MY FATHER'S PERFECT LAWS HAS BEEN ABOLISHED WHEN I CLEARLY STATED I HAVE NOT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW OF MY FATHER BUT TO FUFILL- AS IN ESTABLISH IT.)
Paul said do we nullify the law? NO! ON THE CONTRARY WE ESTABLISH THE LAW WITH IS GOOD AND PERFECT)
James and john warned against this doctrine of once save by faith alone forever saved making it clear that faith without righteous works is dead!!!
Those that are saved are those that have THE FAITH OF YAHSHUA AND THE RECORD OF OBEDIENCE TO THE COMMANDMENT OF YAHWEH.
I DON'T KNOW WHY CHRISTIANS REFUSE TO YIELD TO THE HOLY SCRIPTURES EXCEPT SOOTHING WORDS just like Paul predicted would happen in the last days
Folks it's TIME pastors/ bishops start teaching scriptures and leave behind antichrist doctrines and all LAWLESS teachings
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by otr1(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
5solas:
Nicemuyoo and Otr1, let's have your thoughts on Roman's 8:33 / the O. P.
We are justified by faith in Jesus, yes, but obedience to God's commandments and the keeping the faith of Jesus are two sides of a coin.
No sinner will see God. And who are sinners? Those who disobey God's Law. Which Law? The Ten Commandments.
I don't see how a christian proclaiming Christ but living in sin is going to get justification from God.
That's why Jesus made it clear that not everyone that calls him "Lord" will see the kingdom of God. If not all who proclaim Christ are elects, what are the elects doing differently? Rev. 14:12 has the answer.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nebes: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
paxonel:

You can see it in whatever way you deem fit but we pray "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".
We do not wait for eternity to experience God's will. We live out heaven on earth. Christianity is not a licence for criminality. But as we consciously experience God in this life, we move boldly knowing that in all things, He has judged in our favour. We are His righteousness. Walking in Him, He sees nothing wrong in us. When we think we've erred, we must remember that we are on the side of mercy. For mercy triumphs over judgement both here on earth and in heaven.

N:B. If u are just a church-going christian, you might never experience the reality of this verse. You will need to delve deeper to true Christianity to see it manifest.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
nicemuyoo:
Permanent salvation by faith alone is a doctrine of the antichrist- the lawless one. The one in whose name the law of God is abolished- that is done away with.
Abraham was said to have faith which led to his righteousness . Folks abrahams faith is actually his good works.he walked before God and was obedient to his commandments( moral laws) that has been in place before Moses time.
He worshipped Yahweh, he never went about committing adultery, robbing people of their money, etc. He lived a life of Good works, walked blamless before God while the whole world was living in sin!!
Joseph had faith when he refused to sleep with portiphar's wife.
Noah had faith so he build an ark devoting time, energy, resources etc towards what God order him to do and also lived a righteous life.
Folks faith means Good works and righteous deeds. But preachers of today has changed it to mean wishful believes to attain worldly riches and money or lust of the eyes, flesh etc. Now this is a doctrine of the antichrist a man of SIN a man in whose name the law of Yahweh is abolished promoting LAWLESSNESS in all the churches.
Some christians/ pastors/ bishops would say to Yahushua on the last day - sir in your name we cast out demons and prayed but He would rely them, I never knew you DEPART FROM ME YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS( DECLARING AND TEACHING THAT MY FATHER'S PERFECT LAWS HAS BEEN ABOLISHED WHEN I CLEARLY STATED I HAVE NOT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW OF MY FATHER BUT TO FUFILL- AS IN ESTABLISH IT.)
Paul said do we nullify the law? NO! ON THE CONTRARY WE ESTABLISH THE LAW WITH IS GOOD AND PERFECT)
James and john warned against this doctrine of once save by faith alone forever saved making it clear that faith without righteous works is dead!!!
Those that are saved are those that have THE FAITH OF YAHSHUA AND THE RECORD OF OBEDIENCE TO THE COMMANDMENT OF YAHWEH.
I DON'T KNOW WHY CHRISTIANS REFUSE TO YIELD TO THE HOLY SCRIPTURES EXCEPT SOOTHING WORDS just like Paul predicted would happen in the last days
Folks it's TIME pastors/ bishops start teaching scriptures and leave behind antichrist doctrines and all LAWLESS teachings

grin grin
At least I expected your thoughts on Romans 8:33!
Also you don't even understand what Paul meant by Romans 3:31!
Read the whole chapter. He had just done what we are trying to do, establishing that we cannot be justified by the law and that faith in Christ alone, saves-apart from good works (without good works). Verse 31 is a placement of good works where they belong - a product of faith. In the same way we say to you, good works do not play a role in our justification (salvation) but our faith bring good works. We have no objection to good works as far as you do not credit them for being the cause of salvation. When we put our faith in Christ, good works become easy to do. Roman's 3:31.
Read Romans 4 and contrast Abraham's justification with that you painted above.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2017
otr1:

We are justified by faith in Jesus, yes, but obedience to God's commandments and the keeping the faith of Jesus are two sides of a coin.
No sinner will see God. And who are sinners? Those who disobey God's Law. Which Law? The Ten Commandments.
I don't see how a christian proclaiming Christ but living in sin is going to get justification from God.
That's why Jesus made it clear that not everyone that calls him "Lord" will see the kingdom of God. If not all who proclaim Christ are not elects, what are the elects doing differently? Rev. 14:12 has the answer.
grin grin
I expected your thoughts on Romans 8:33!
Our justification is not an on-going process. It is concluded once we place our faith in Christ. Read Acts 13:39 and Hebrews 10:10.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
Every Christian should know that your salvation starts with yahshua. I made that clear as stated in revelation. Now this faith in Jesus cannot be separated from good works. If you have faith in Jesus and no righteous works then you simply DO NOT HAVE FAITH IN JESUS.
NOW THAT; YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN AWAY.

5solas:

grin grin
At least I expected your thoughts on Romans 8:33!
Also you don't even understand what Paul meant by Romans 3:31!
Read the whole chapter. He had just done what we are trying to do, establishing that we cannot be justified by the law and that faith in Christ alone, saves-apart from good works (without good works). Verse 31 is a placement of good works where they belong - a product of faith. In the same way we say to you, good works do not play a role in our justification (salvation) but our faith bring good works. We have no objection to good works as far as you do not credit them for being the cause of salvation. When we put our faith in Christ, good works become easy to do. Roman's 3:31.
Read Romans 4 and contrast Abraham's justification with that you painted above.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
God justifies those who put their trust in trust in Christ.
Romans 8:33, The reason God justifies a believer is simply because Christ died for him.
Meaning that the only reason a man can be saved is because Christ died.
Anything he receives is because Christ has paid for it.
Christ provides
Justification, righteousness and deliverance from sin.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by orisa37: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
Here are some examples to learn from:-
1, Samson was anointed but betrayed by Delilah and killed by humans when his time was up.
2, King David, himself anointed, declined to kill King Saul because of Saul's anointing. Someone else killed Saul when God permitted.
3, Satan tortured Job but did not kill him. Job died at his appointed time.
4, jesus was nailed to the Cross by human hands and died at exactly 12:00 on Good Friday when His Time was up.
5, The Truth is, God actually appoints, selects and elects us in different positions and That Same God alone can order our dismissals and execution as He pleases.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
The justification Paul was talking about is not in the future, it is when you repent make a resolution from your heart that you accept Yahushua and to walk in righteousness. Then a condemned soul is justified before God. But if he deviates from the part of righteousness ( righteous deeds) and continues in it then that soul would be lost as Jesus rightly said after they replied him on the last day " sir in your name prayed and cast out many Demons, (mind you this are pastors/ christians not using charms to conduct deliverance.)
But Jesus replied depart from me you that practice lawlessness( you that work in iniquity) they lived a life void of righteous works.

5solas:

grin grin
Our justification is not an on-going process. It is concluded once we place our faith in Christ. Read Acts 13:39 and Hebrews 10:10.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by AIG07: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hello everyone! I hardly comment on religious section and I seldomly visit it due to the kind of divisions I see and the inability of parties to resolve their differences due to different views/interpretation given to the WORD.

But today, I feel like asking questions and I hope you people will do justice to it.
Here are they.
1. What is Faith?
2. How does one have faith?
3. What are the Laws?
4. Does the Law and Commandment mean the same thing?
5. What does it mean to Fulfill the Law and how can One fulfill the Law?
6. How Can One be Saved?
7. What's the difference between been Saved and been BornAgain?
8. What is work(the one mostly found in the Bible)?

Note: kindly support your answers with Bible Quotes and make them Concise. THANKS.

Cc: Jiggaz, 5solas, An2elect2, nicemuyoo, solite3, paxonel, Nebes etc.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by otr1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
5solas:

grin grin
Well, I gave my thought to correct the impression that anyone is sure of salvation as long as they pay lipservice of proclaiming faith in Jesus, even if they continue to disobey God. The thread was drifting towards that and that's not what the bible teaches, not even in this chapter in question.
Well concerning this verse. Paul already asked a question in verse 31b "if God be for us, who can be against us?"
The verse 33 is a rhetorical answer to the question in 31.
Something like: "is it God who justifies (please this a present continuous tense as against your 'not on going') us? Or is it Christ that died for us and has done everything to deliver us from condemnation?
The whole context is an assurance that we need not fear any accusation from that accuser "satan" (Rev.12:10), because God and Christ would certainly not condemn us, as they have done everything to justify us.

As stated earlier, the word "justifies" used in that verse is in itself a present tense.
Acts 13:39 Hebrews 10:10 (Read from chapter 1 of this hebrews) talks about the law of Moses/ceremonial laws/law of ordinance and it has nothing to do with keeping the ten commandments, because they are entirely different.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by ichuka(m): 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
nicemuyoo:
Heresy!!!!!!
Jesus says you would account for every word and act you do on judgement day!!
Jesus said to the seven churches I know your works..... repent or else....you know the rest.
John said do not let anyone deceive you he who is righteous practice righteousness and vice versa.
James said faith( your believe) with out works ( you acts/ actions/ behavior/ choices on a daily bases ) is DEAD!!! . Show me your faith by your works!!!.
Jesus said I come quickly to reward everyone according to the works of their hands
Jesus said not everyone that call on me Lord, Lord, would be saved on last day but those who do the will of my father!! ( WORKS OF OBEDIENCE).
they would reply Jesus but Lord!!! In your name we prayed and cast out Demons, Jesus would reply on last day go away!! FROM ME YOU ALL THAT PRACICE LAWLESSNESS ( not obedient to the laws of God in your daily life ( moral laws))

You see Africans like deceiving themselves being fed stagnant water, contaminated water in church every Sunday!!!! Just like Jeremiah said.

Lol
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
5solas:

Praise the Lord!
For a moment I thought Jigazz was joking.
grin

lolz, we had issues...

one thing is carnal mind is enmity with God. ..
God's plan of salvation of different from man's plan...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by jiggaz(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
5solas:

grin grin Praise the Lord!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by paxonel(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
5solas:

Nice one!
If I understood Nebes well, you are essentially saying the same thing.
Nebes was saying that God has already judged in our favour for any case at all, both on earth and beyond.
And i say that is not true, in a case where we are wrong God will not judge in favour of us. For instance, if we fail to read we will fail our exams. Not reading is wrong, so God will not help us to pass simply because we are christians and praying. In that case we are not always winners. We only win where we work.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by paxonel(m): 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
Nebes:

You can see it in whatever way you deem fit but we pray "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".
We do not wait for eternity to experience God's will. We live out heaven on earth. Christianity is not a licence for criminality. But as we consciously experience God in this life, we move boldly knowing that in all things, He has judged in our favour. We are His righteousness. Walking in Him, He sees nothing wrong in us. When we think we've erred, we must remember that we are on the side of mercy. For mercy triumphs over judgement both here on earth and in heaven.

N:B. If u are just a church-going christian, you might never experience the reality of this verse. You will need to delve deeper to true Christianity to see it manifest.
You are absolutely correct here.
It was because you mentioned that
God has already judged in our favour for any case at all, both on earth and beyond.
I find that statement to be untrue because if you do not read as a christian you will fail your exams like anyone else. In that case God is not judging in your favour because you refuse to work. Hence you are not always a winner.
You only win when you do what you are suppose to do.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Giving to your pastor is just like giving to any child of God you are all brothers.
No pastor was paid or put on any form of payment. They just get support as people feel to help.
The double honour does not mean double pay it means held in honour and high esteem. Peter said widows should be honoured as well does that mean they are on salary NO!!
"Double honor" does not necessarily mean double pay because the verses Paul quoted in verse 18 do not emphasize anything being doubled. The emphasis is simply on recognizing their excellence in faithfully doing their work for the Lord. How that recognition is expressed is up to each congregation and as God prospers them. But as for the excellent elder and teacher, his motivation should always be what Peter said in his first letter:

So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a partaker in the glory that is going to be revealed: shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. (1st Peter 5:1-4)
Why do clergy want to monetise everything in scriptures this practice was started by Rome the apostate church.

AIG07:
Hello everyone! I hardly comment on religious section and I seldomly visit it due to the kind of divisions I see and the inability of parties to resolve their differences due to different views/interpretation given to the WORD.

But today, I feel like asking questions and I hope you people will do justice to it.
Here are they.
1. What is Faith?
3. What are the Laws?
6. How Can One be Saved?

Note: kindly support your answers with Bible Quotes and make them Concise. THANKS.

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
nicemuyoo:
Heresy!!!!!!
Jesus says you would account for every word and act you do on judgement day!!
Jesus said to the seven churches I know your works..... repent or else....you know the rest.
John said do not let anyone deceive you he who is righteous practice righteousness and vice versa.
James said faith( your believe) with out works ( you acts/ actions/ behavior/ choices on a daily bases ) is DEAD!!! . Show me your faith by your works!!!.
Jesus said I come quickly to reward everyone according to the works of their hands
Jesus said not everyone that call on me Lord, Lord, would be saved on last day but those who do the will of my father!! ( WORKS OF OBEDIENCE).
they would reply Jesus but Lord!!! In your name we prayed and cast out Demons, Jesus would reply on last day go away!! FROM ME YOU ALL THAT PRACICE LAWLESSNESS ( not obedient to the laws of God in your daily life ( moral laws))

You see Africans like deceiving themselves being fed stagnant water, contaminated water in church every Sunday!!!! Just like Jeremiah said.

hmm I'm not surprised you termed this heresy, I did more than this,
now I'm sure all those places you quoted in Revelation were the supreme examples of Christ love for the member of his body, you can't deduce from your head, that's carnal mindedness ..... Christ was correcting the church ... the way he chastised the ones who abused his ordinances, he corrects, even chastises, yes but never condemns his chosen elect who trust in him, oh who can separate us from the love of Christ, if God loves the way I love, what's special about his love, if he loves today and hates tomorrow..... that love isn't dependable ...

the problems with people who them this heresy Is that they believe they have power to fight Satan lolz they have power to fight sin... not knowing that even if they obey the law perfectly like Jesus but weren't born sinless all their perfect obedience to the law is a curse.

now tell me if one is perfectly obedient to the law, will he be justified by it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
I'm not surprised someone called it heresy , but if scriptures be true and infallible.... the truth will be established...

meanwhile let's enjoy our cross over service

happy New year brethren.....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ferisidowu:

No! This is because justification does not come from the law (Gal. 2:16). Also one would have to answer for past sins. Sins committed before one 'attained'perfection.
In reality, one cannot be perfectly obedient to the law. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.
Again the law " worketh wrath" and only brings curses.
Gal. 3:10,11.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
5solas:

No! This is because justification does not come from the law (Gal. 2:16). Also one would have to answer for past sins. Sins committed before one 'attained'perfection.
In reality, one cannot be perfectly obedient to the law. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.
Again the law " worketh wrath" and only brings curses.
Gal. 3:10,11.

thanks brother,. I asked the question to that one that thinks if he is perfectly obedient to the law like Christ he will justified by it......

if I will be Justice by the law ... Christ profits nothing ....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ferisidowu:

thanks brother,. I asked the question to that one that thinks if he is perfectly obedient to the law like Christ he will justified by it......

if I will be Justice by the law ... Christ profits nothing ....

So true!
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ferisidowu:
I'm not surprised someone called it heresy , but if scriptures be true and infallible.... the truth will be established...

meanwhile let's enjoy our cross over service

happy New year brethren.....
Happy New Year !
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nebes: 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=paxonel post=63776612]
Nebes was saying that God has already judged in our favour for any case at all, both on earth and beyond.
And i say that is not true, in a case where we are wrong God will not judge in favour of us. For instance, if we fail to read we will fail our exams. Not reading is wrong, so God will not help us to pass simply because we are christians and praying. In that case we are not always winners. We only win where we work. [/quote

The more we sincerely go after Him, the more we become like Him. The more we walk with Him, the more we move in love. The whole law is summed up in love. Love for God and love for humanity. Therefore, when I walk in love, there is no law that can fault me. In the wisdom of love, I cannot but do only the right things.

This is why I say that the verse is only for Christians who TRULY seek after our Lord. In him we become better humans. We now do not struggle to obey any law for as we become like Him we only do the right things. If I do not read, I will not pass the exam. But walking in wisdom, there's no way I will not study for He directs me.

In all these, when any man or creature seeks to victimize me, I am rest assured that the judgement is in my favour. My only true business is to focus on the Lord, and focusing on Him, I daily become more like Him.

N:B. God's correction is different from human punishment. In love He teaches me to avoid sin and stupidity. I learn from Him in freedom. Man on the other hand will seek to punitively enslave his fellow man.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 9:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
There are two requirement for salvation and you cannot separate one from the other.
1. Having the testimony of yahshua
2. Obedience to the commandment of Yahweh ( moral law).

"...though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?" (James 2:14).

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone...." (2:17).

"But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" (2:20).

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (2:24).

Yahshua says ;
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven( righteous works not just confession )

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.( good works, righteous deeds, obedience to commandment if you lack this, yahshua himself says you would be cut off and thrown into lack of fire by the father himself).

Matt 2535-40 parable of the sheep and goats.
On the last day the sheep which have the testimony of yahshua were justified for their good deeds by yahshua while the goats who believe in yahshua but did no good works of righteousness where condemned as they have no fruit of good works.
It was their righteous act that separates one from another as this is a proof of your faith. Jesus taught this to James that is why James insist that faith without works is faith dead period you cannot explain or excuse your way out of it!.

A lot of people are been mislead by Paul's epistle. Paul's letters most be interpreted in such a way that it aligns with teachings of Yahushua and the disciples who where taught by the ONLY TRUE TEACHER HIMSELF!!
Peter has issued this warning over 2000yrs ago while they were all alive!!!!!. Nothing can be far from the truth!!!

15Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

If you love me obey my commandments why do keep calling me lord lord but do not do what I say

I leave you with the word of the Messiah himself in revelation.
"Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done( works either righteous or unrighteous living)

That is why you have books that would be opened on final day. You need testimony of Yahushua and a record of obedience to his commandment.

By their fruits you shall know them!!!! Says Jesus.

Ferisidowu:

now I'm sure all those places you quoted in Revelation were the supreme examples of Christ love for the member of his body, you can't deduce from your head, that's carnal mindedness ..... Christ was correcting the church ... the way he chastised the ones who abused his ordinances, he corrects, even chastises, yes but never condemns his chosen elect who trust in him, oh who can separate us from the love of Christ, if God loves the way I love, what's special about his love, if he loves today and hates tomorrow..... that love isn't dependable ...

the problems with people who them this heresy Is that they believe they have power to fight Satan lolz they have power to fight sin... not knowing that even if they obey the law perfectly like Jesus but weren't born sinless all their perfect obedience to the law is a curse.

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
Point of correction according to scriptures in revelation and teachings of Jesus . You need faith in yahshua and record of righteous living if not, The saviour himself says the father would cut of that branch (person) that refuse to bear fruit of righteous deeds!!!!!

Ferisidowu:

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by paxonel(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
AIG07:

Here are they.
1. What is Faith?
3. What are the Laws?
6. How Can One be Saved?

1. what is faith?
Faith in the bible simply refers to religion. In the light of christianity, it refers to the christian religion which is THE CHURCH.
Acts 16:5. And so were THE CHURCHES established in the faith(as a religion), and increased in number daily.
Other synonyms of Faith apart from THE CHURCH are :
a. Gods kingdom or heaven on earth(people practicing christianity). Matthew 12:28.
b. Grace. John 1:17
c. Christianity. Act 1:15

There are only two ways one can have faith.
a. By hearing the word of God and being convinced that Jesus is the Christ(the coming Messiah of the Jews). Romans 10:17.
b. One can also have faith by being born into a christian home. Such person don't need to be preached to be convinced that christianity is the way. He was brought up and groomed to believe in Christ from childhood by his parents. 1 Timothy 2:15.

3. What are the laws?
every tribes and states of the world have their own traditional laws, the Jews in the bible had the mosaic laws as their traditional laws which includes offering of sacrifices, tithing, washing of hands before eatting,.. etc
4. Does the law and commandments mean the same thing?
Yes, they mean the same thing.
Among the 10 commandments, six of them are universal laws which are applied to all people or all tribes of the world(not only the Jews). Thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness, honour your parents,.. etc.

5. What does it mean to fullfill the law?
To fullfil the six commandments which are parts of the 10 commandments is simple. Just love your neighbour as yourself that's all. But for you to do that successfully you have to be educated enough to understand what your neighbour desires. That means, you will need to go to school grin

6. How can one be saved?
This is an incomplete question, saved from what?
are you referring to.
a. Salvation into eternal life
or
b.salvation from earthly sorrows?
a. If you want eternal life believe in Christ(which is to join christianity) thats all. John 3:16
b. If you want to be saved from earthly sorrows and enjoy your life here on earth then you have to go to school first (either formal or informal). Graduate, get employed, start making your money, help the needy around you and enjoy.

7. What is the difference between being saved and being born again?
Being saved and being born again are two different things in that, what Jesus meant by born again to Nicodemus was an event that happened before Jesus was crucified, there was no christianity(salvation) as at the time Jesus was talking to Nicodemus, so born again and salvation will not possibly mean the same thing.
Christianity or salvation started after Jesus resurrected. If you research into it you will see the difference, i will not go much into it in this post because i have already said a lot here. If you ask me again i will expantiate on it with scriptures.

8. What is work?
Work refers to the activities of men mosty keeping the law,doing good to all men(as against faith or believing in Christ only). As good as works is, it do not guarantee salvation, only faith do .
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
AIG07
Noted. I will be back.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by doyinbaby(f): 12:13am On Jan 01, 2018
A former classmate of mine said...Christians have being declared righteous already but they also must live righteously (despite being declared righteous)....I believe her....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christian Logic / This Mosque In Abu Dhabi, UAE Will Shock You. / God Of Miracles Na My Papa O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.