Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 (2736 Views)

Here's Why Romans 8 Is A Problem For Witnesses / You Are A Product Of Divine Purpose - Romans 8:15-17 / The Joyful Sound - Psalm 89:15, Romans 8:14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 01, 2018
doyinbaby:
A former classmate of mine said...Christians have being declared righteous already but they also must live righteously (despite being declared righteous)....I believe her....
... that's true ... though declared righteous they live righteous because God has been merciful to them.... them do it out love....

please stay tuned to the thread...

this the link to the sister thread , which is even more instructive.... God bless happy New year

https://www.nairaland.com/4252953/does-moral-law-10-commandments
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
[quote author=AIG07 post=63771485]Hello everyone! I hardly comment on religious section and I seldomly visit it due to the kind of divisions I see and the inability of parties to resolve their differences due to different views/interpretation given to the WORD.
yea there are disagreements because most people want to give their own interpretation of what scripture says and God willing,your questions would be answered base on what the bible teach and with adequate bible quotations.

But today, I feel like asking questions and I hope you people will do justice to it.
Here are they.
1. What is Faith?

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Here substance means a settled assurance while evidence means proof. Faith therefore is the a settled assurance and the proof of expected things yet to be seen.
Faith itself has foundation on which it is built that is the word of God.

Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit and also one of the fruit of the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
2. How does one have faith?
faith comes by hearing the word of God.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

3. What are the Laws?
laws are rules,principles and guidelines whose aim is guide man.

There are two types of laws namely:
The obligatory laws which is the law of moses
The law of Christ or the law of liberty or the law of the Spirit.

4. Does the Law and Commandment mean the same thing?

In Deuteronomy 6:1-–3 we read of laws, commands, commandments, decrees, and statutes: “Now this is the commandment—the statutes and the rules—that the LORD your God commanded me to teach you” (HCSB, verse 1, emphasis added). Other translations use words like decrees or laws. All these are part of God’s Law, with some slight distinctions.

A look at the various Hebrew words used helps highlight some of the differences:

“Commandments” in verses 1 and 2 (mitzvah): This is the general Hebrew term for “commandment” and usually refers to the comprehensive list of laws or body of laws given by the Lord in the Books of Moses. This is also the Hebrew term often used when the Lord spoke directly in the Old Testament.

“Statutes” (choq): According to Vine’s Expository Dictionary, this word means “statute, prescription, rule, law, regulation” and can refer to laws of nature (Job 28:26; Jeremiah 5:22; 31:35–36) or what is allocated, rationed, or apportioned to someone (Genesis 47:22; Exodus 29:28).

“Rules” (mishpat): A judicial verdict or formal decree. In the Law of Moses, some of the legal types of rules would fall under this category.

“Statutes/Commands” in verse 2 (chuqqah): Chuqqah has a more specific meaning than choq, according to Vine’s dictionary. It refers to a particular law related to a festival or ritual, such as Passover (Exodus 12:14), the Days of Unleavened Bread (Exodus 12:17), or the Feast of Tabernacles (Leviticus 23:41).

All four of these Hebrew words are used throughout the writings of Moses to refer to commands from God to be obeyed by God’s people. Distinctions are sometimes made regarding one word from the other, yet the overall principle is one of obedience to all that the Lord commands, whether it’s a general command, a prescribed law, a legal verdict, or a religious festival or ritual.

5. What does it mean to Fulfill the Law and how can One fulfill the Law?

To fulfill the law is to accomplish it. Most times when the term 'The law' is used it is referring to the obligatory laws. Only the law of Christ can do this.

6. How Can One be Saved?
for one to be saved he has to be bornagain that can only happen when you believe the gospel.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

7. What's the difference between been Saved and been BornAgain?
Being bornagain means that the spiritual life of God be restored to man it is the same as being saved.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

8. What is work(the one mostly found in the Bible)?
which of the work
Is it the work of God?
Or the works of the flesh? Is it the works of the law or the work of God in a bornagain person?
But let me assume you are referring to the work of the law?
This refers to the striving of people to attain righteousnes/acceptance before God by obeying the obligatory law.

Those who live under the law try to become righteous by keeping the law meaning that their acceptance before God is dependant on their keeping the law but according to the law if you offend any one law you have broken the whole law.
Those who live under the law do not have the assurance of faith in them.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
doyinbaby:
A former classmate of mine said...Christians have being declared righteous already but they also must live righteously (despite being declared righteous)....I believe her....
yes a Christian must live righteously i.e in turn with Christ.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by kolawoleibukun: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
so who come be the God's elect na?
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
so who come be the God's elect na?
Those who were chosen for salvation, see 2 Thess.2:13. They are those who believe in Jesus.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 02, 2018
solite3

God bless for your answers
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by kolawoleibukun: 4:26am On Jan 02, 2018
5solas:

Those who were chosen for salvation, see 2 Thess.2:13. They are those who believe in Jesus.

call their names na. mention names of People way we day see. at least for Jesus time we no many names. you call their names. abi people no day today?

Adeboye follow?

rev kings follow?

apostle Suleiman follow?

mention names for us
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by enshy: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2018
Dear All,
Do we understand the gospel of Grace at all?
Grace leaves no man in sin, it lifts us out of sin. Grace imparts in us Christ's nature and sin not longer has dominion over us.
Shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound? Paul says God forbid for how shall we that are dead to sin live any longer there in...For them that are dead are free from sin.
He that is born of God cannot sin...Grace bears in us all God's Image so we must be Holy.
Please don't decieve the people, if you still sin in private, you have not encountered Grace yet.
Grace turns us from darkness into light...Is there any iota of darkness in light? Never.
You can't be under Grace and SIN...God's grace delivers from all SIN!
Please let's teach the people the Truth this year...Let's teach the Bible only and not theologian's beliefs.
The Scriptures can't be broken: In heaven, SIN will not enter there!!!
The only evidence of Grace is HOLINESS!!!
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2018
Ferisidowu:
solite3

God bless for your answers
thanks God bless you too

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
call their names na. mention names of People way we day see. at least for Jesus time we no many names. you call their names. abi people no day today?

Adeboye follow?

rev kings follow?

apostle Suleiman follow?

mention names for us
Na wa for you o.
So them call their names for that verse?
Simply put, Na person wë dey born again. They can't lose salvation.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
kolawoleibukun:

Adeboye follow?

rev kings follow?

apostle Suleiman follow?

mention names for us
Make you read Matthew 24:22,24 ,31 make you see how God dey protect His own - the elects.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by kolawoleibukun: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
5solas:

Make you read Matthew 24:22,24 ,31 make you see how God dey protect His own - the elects.
my dear if we see original we know. forget that one way you day talk. we know the scores. if you blind na you do yousrself
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by kolawoleibukun: 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
5solas:

Na wa for you o.
So them call their names for that verse?
Simply put, Na person wë dey born again. They can't lose salvation.
I ask question to know. if you no fit answer the question the way I ask am na be say no be you I direct am to or if na you then you are fake
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I ask question to know. if you no fit answer the question the way I ask am na be say no be you I direct am to or if na you then you are fake
you self follow claim Christian abi? how you expect an to know .. him be lawyer abi judge?
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by AIG07: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=solite3 post=63803578][/quote]thanks
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by AIG07: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
paxonel:

1. what is faith?
Faith in the bible simply refers to religion. In the light of christianity, it refers to the christian religion which is THE CHURCH.
Acts 16:5. And so were THE CHURCHES established in the faith(as a religion), and increased in number daily.
Other synonyms of Faith apart from THE CHURCH are :
a. Gods kingdom or heaven on earth(people practicing christianity). Matthew 12:28.
b. Grace. John 1:17
c. Christianity. Act 1:15

2. How does one have faith?
There are only two ways one can have faith.
a. By hearing the word of God and being convinced that Jesus is the Christ(the coming Messiah of the Jews). Romans 10:17.
b. One can also have faith by being born into a christian home. Such person don't need to be preached to be convinced that christianity is the way. He was brought up and groomed to believe in Christ from childhood by his parents. 1 Timothy 2:15.

3. What are the laws?
every tribes and states of the world have their own traditional laws, the Jews in the bible had the mosaic laws as their traditional laws which includes offering of sacrifices, tithing, washing of hands before eatting,.. etc
4. Does the law and commandments mean the same thing?
Yes, they mean the same thing.
Among the 10 commandments, six of them are universal laws which are applied to all people or all tribes of the world(not only the Jews). Thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness, honour your parents,.. etc.

5. What does it mean to fullfill the law?
To fullfil the six commandments which are parts of the 10 commandments is simple. Just love your neighbour as yourself that's all. But for you to do that successfully you have to be educated enough to understand what your neighbour desires. That means, you will need to go to school grin

6. How can one be saved?
This is an incomplete question, saved from what?
are you referring to.
a. Salvation into eternal life
or
b.salvation from earthly sorrows?
a. If you want eternal life believe in Christ(which is to join christianity) thats all. John 3:16
b. If you want to be saved from earthly sorrows and enjoy your life here on earth then you have to go to school first (either formal or informal). Graduate, get employed, start making your money, help the needy around you and enjoy.

7. What is the difference between being saved and being born again?
Being saved and being born again are two different things in that, what Jesus meant by born again to Nicodemus was an event that happened before Jesus was crucified, there was no christianity(salvation) as at the time Jesus was talking to Nicodemus, so born again and salvation will not possibly mean the same thing.
Christianity or salvation started after Jesus resurrected. If you research into it you will see the difference, i will not go much into it in this post because i have already said a lot here. If you ask me again i will expantiate on it with scriptures.

8. What is work?
Work refers to the activities of men mosty keeping the law,doing good to all men(as against faith or believing in Christ only). As good as works is, it do not guarantee salvation, only faith do .
thanks for taking your time to answer.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
enshy:
Dear All,
Do we understand the gospel of Grace at all?
Grace leaves no man in sin, it lifts us out of sin. Grace imparts in us Christ's nature and sin not longer has dominion over us.
Shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound? Paul says God forbid for how shall we that are dead to sin live any longer there in...For them that are dead are free from sin.
He that is born of God cannot sin...Grace bears in us all God's Image so we must be Holy.
Please don't decieve the people, if you still sin in private, you have not encountered Grace yet.
Grace turns us from darkness into light...Is there any iota of darkness in light? Never.
You can't be under Grace and SIN...God's grace delivers from all SIN!
Please let's teach the people the Truth this year...Let's teach the Bible only and not theologian's beliefs.
The Scriptures can't be broken: In heaven, SIN will not enter there!!!
The only evidence of Grace is HOLINESS!!!

Oh pls enlighten us more pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) / The Once Saved Always Saved Gospel Is Really A Dangerous One / £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.