Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care (27096 Views)

APC To Expel Amosun, Okorocha If Buhari Wins On Saturday / Yahaya Bello To Kogi Workers: Keep Shouting Or Go Meet Donald Trump I Don't Care / Massive Crowd As Biafran Protest In Owerri, Abagworo Come And Defend OKOROAWUSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by meethumb: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
The Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has finally reacted to the name, Okoroawusa, which people fondly call him.

Speaking with Vanguard, Gov Okorocha said he always enjoys it when people call him Okoroawusa, because it only makes him laugh.

He said; "I think I am one of the most misunderstood Nigerians nowadays. It makes me laugh. I enjoy it, you know why? People do not face the real issues.

"You know too well where I come from. I am from this state. But I was brought up in the North. The North gave me childhood, gave me education. I was born here. My parents were Igbo. They went to the North in search of greener pasture. I was brought up there. But when I went into business it was my contact with the West that made me what I am in business.

"I claim, and I know, that I am a successful businessman. I cannot afford to hate the North or hate my people. Whatever they want to call me – Okoroawusa, Okoroyoruba or Okoroigbo – I don’t care because it does not affect my identity. Out of the 15,000 children I have, about 7,000 of them are Muslims.

"These are my children. They have become members of my family. I can’t love them and reject their religions. These are statements from my political opponents who want to portray me differently to make me look like a jester or a joker.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2017/12/okorocha-enjoy-people-call-okoroawusa.html

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Papasmal(m): 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ok na.....okorourhobo

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by midolian(m): 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
If there is anything I have learnt from Okorocha apart from making of statues for people as a sign of respect, it is living life as if you dont know your haters exist

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by hotspec(m): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
I wish I can build u a statue, especially with that pose, to tell d whole world that ur commissioner for happiness is really doing her job_ keeping u happy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Okoroedo and okoroijaw.
Okoroitsekiri, okoroefik
Okorooron.

I love his response.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by DLondonboiy: 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Okorocha your mother is igbo but your father is not igbo...you bloody liar.
Your mother left her husband and went to ugwuawusa where she slept with an Hausa man who fathered you and your younger brother.

You are not igbo, you bloody ritualist.

Your mother is igbo, but your father is Hausa!

It was your hausa father that introduced you to IBB..
We know your story. Deceive only fools.

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by PointZerom: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
OkoroMumu

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by freeze20: 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
The guy is doing a great job in Owerri, Imo state. He may not be liked now, but in the future, people will get to appriciate this guy. I don't like politicians, but I have respect for this dude and his vision.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by RadicalTrump: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Okorohausa is a mad man

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by PointZerom: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
midolian:
If there is anything I have learnt from Okorocha apart from making of statues for people as a sign of respect, it is living life as if you dont know your haters exist
Do you expect him to tell you how d name Okoroawusa {OkoroMumu} is paining him?

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by MicheyJ1: 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
That's because you are a true Hausa fool
When your tenure ends I know you will run to the north to escape being stoned to death

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by MicheyJ1: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Your mother left her husband and went to ugwuawusa where she slept with an Hausa man who fathered you and your younger brother.

Wow I can't believe we voted for the son of an aboki.

31 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by BudeYahooCom: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
freeze20:
The guy is doing a great job in Owerri, Imo state. He may not be liked now, but in the future, people will get to appriciate this guy. I don't like politicians, but I have respect for this dude and his vision.

Do you know how badly he has killed night life in Owerri after banning Keke Napep. Do you know that if you enter owerri around 10pm or 11pm from Lagos or Abuja at night with your luggages, you will be stranded and frustrated as you can't charter Keke anymore.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by muykem: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
I love his response. I don't get why they are calling him okohausa. Is that igbo superior to Hausa?

11 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Adminisher: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:

The fact that having a Father who is Hausa and a Mother who is IBO is a CRIME to you guys is the reason your tribe will never produce a President in Nigeria

Please mark these words. You have cursed yourselves with those words. Progress is impossible for your people for entertaining these satanic attitude in 2017.

There is ZERO hope. ZERO happiness and fulfilment with this self fulfilling prophecy on your people.

Hausa Dad and Ibo man is a crime to you guys?.
You are DEAD already , only you don't know it. No wonder you fail at everything.

So you guys chose your parents?. You told God you wanted to black, African and Nigerian?. What choice does any of us have in circumstances of birth?. Is it not God?.

You guys are FINISHED!!!. We now know the problem of Nigeria and who will always get the rough end of the stick.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Adminisher: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by dunkem21(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Do you know how badly he has killed night life in Owerri after banning Keke Napep. Do you know that if you enter owerri around 10pm or 11pm from Lagos or Abuja at night with your luggages, you will be stranded and frustrated as you can't charter Keke anymore.

You're damn right..

Owerri looks like a statue now cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Who cares what you're called. What to do with this chicken na im be my wahala now

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by awa(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
That's who you are

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Bossontop(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
undecided
Its quite obvious from d way u continue to act na...
Heheheh...lol

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by 1nigeriamyfoot: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
The man is pained

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by morereb10: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
how will u care

u are a rascal and not a governor

I hope our people can learn lessons

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by englishmart(m): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
how can you care? But you cared moulding Zuma

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by martineverest(m): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
Okorostatue...isn't it time 4 u to mold Messi?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Terminator1234g: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
He will sha become the first eastern president as of now.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by kings09(m): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
Have u booked ur statue today? Time is running out

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
Lol the kind of things our leaders worry about. Nigeria, God forbid grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
shocked
Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by Chukazu: 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
DLondonboiy:

Whether he was fathered by HAUSA or not...
What matters is that he is a human being!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by israelmao(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
How are your statues?
Re: Okorocha: If They Call Me 'Okoroawusa', I Don't Care by geostrata(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
lol... cos Na him name b dat

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Grant Nnamdi Kanu Presidential Pardon To Attend Parents Burial - Ohaneze Youths / Yes, Aisha Buhari Eats From Poor People’s Money! By Festus Adedayo / Senators Push Back Against Saraki’s Intrigues, Use Of Senate To Fight,.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.